Pokemon Gijinka Brainstorm

S

Sleepy Kitsune

Original poster
Hello~
My name is Teh-kitsune but you may refer to me as Kitsu or Kitsune. As the title implies, I am looking to collaborate with you all on an idea for a Gijinka Roleplay. Here are a few guide lines i'd like to work with:

) I want to form a nice plot that is easy to follow and easy to keep rolling with without people losing interest.
) I dont want to use the idea of the gijinka being experiments and left on an island/ in a forest to survive.
) I'm open to crazy ideas (not too crazy tho)

Any and all ideas are welcome, just drop a suggestion here and we can try to bounce off that

Hey! Kitsune! Haven't seen you in a while.

But yeah, I'd love for a reality where Gijinka are naturally occuring as opposed to science experiments.

One of my planned Pokemon RPs was going to integrate Gijinkas in the form of Pokemon and humans merging as one temporarily as evidence of their bonds, so that the humans can fight with the power of their Pokemon. Yeah, sure, it kinda sounds like REBURST but it has more simlarities to Matrix Evolution in Digimon.

The planned RP, however, was going to be limited to Dragon-type and Dragon Egg Group Pokemon and take place in a Viking/Medieval setting where Pokeballs do not exist. My planned character was to have an Exeggcute.

One of my other plans was a world where every Pokemon is intepreted as a Gijinka, and it is a Mystery Dungeon-esque setting.

Last edited:
Howdy Crow! I've been in a kind of rough spot lately but things have smoothed out a bit where I can dedicate more time to this and actually host an rp of my own and keep active in others.

So kind of like how Fusion works in DBZ or a kind of reverse Ash-Greninja kind of thing? That actually sounds like a pretty cool concept! I started to make a Mystery Dungeon-esqu rp but I was having issues coming up with a plot that not only I would be satisfied with but others too.

I don't know what happened to my creative spark lately but I hope can get it back soon.

Yeah, reverse Ash-Greninja is kind of close to what I was thinking of. I guess I'll explain in further detail when the ideas kick in.

Alright, it is definitely interesting tho! I was thinking on it and i came down to two realities that i liked.

1) Two armies at war (tho im not sure what the war would be over but i really like the war scenario)
2) Gijinka trying to fit into society (love the idea but a strong plot was hard to find)
I had other ideas but after thinking about it they all ended up falling through after some thought.

1) Two armies at war (tho im not sure what the war would be over but i really like the war scenario)

I think it could be a regular medieval-ish war thing where my 'Battle Bond Armament' idea could be used. Since you don't like the idea of them being genetic experiments, let's avoid the sciency supersoldier stuff.

Maybe multiple factions, if we delve deeper.

2) Gijinka trying to fit into society (love the idea but a strong plot was hard to find)
I had other ideas but after thinking about it they all ended up falling through after some thought.

One thing to think about regarding this is - where do they come from?

Hmm, I'm maybe interested, depending on how this goes.

@Crow - Thats true. i am kinda leaning towards the medieval era war plot over the city one since im having a rougher time having a plausible reason for their existence other than it being that they are just natural thing or a blessing from nature. That doesnt make much logical sense and can have many issues down the line.

@Luma Welcome to the discussion! feel free to contribute ideas as you feel needed.

Hm.... reasons for existence. Some suggestions:
  1. A now-extinct pokémon once had the quirky, partial-shapeshifting ability to transform into half-human pokémon. Over several generations of having children with humans, their DNA stabilized, resulting in gijinka.
  2. Gijinka are the result of a wish once made to Jirachi.
  3. "It's just the way things are." -- if you wanna fudge the explanation.

@Luma - I like those ideas. I hadnt thought of the possibility of it being a wish from Jirachi (honestly forgot Jirachi was a pokemon heh)
I had an idea that plays off Crow's idea for the "Battle Bond" and your second idea in the sense that Mew/Arceus granted ancient humans the ability to draw powers from specific pokemon like a spirit animal but pokemon instead. Those humans could tap into the abilities of their spirit pokemon to aid them in combat or in a time of need. After many years there were a few generations where the child's DNA had mutated causing them to inherit the genes of pokemon along side that of human genes and thus developed into what are now know as Gijinka.

Reactions: Luma
@Luma - I like those ideas. I hadnt thought of the possibility of it being a wish from Jirachi (honestly forgot Jirachi was a pokemon heh)
I had an idea that plays off Crow's idea for the "Battle Bond" and your second idea in the sense that Mew/Arceus granted ancient humans the ability to draw powers from specific pokemon like a spirit animal but pokemon instead. Those humans could tap into the abilities of their spirit pokemon to aid them in combat or in a time of need. After many years there were a few generations where the child's DNA had mutated causing them to inherit the genes of pokemon along side that of human genes and thus developed into what are now know as Gijinka.
Nice, that works for me.

If I may make a suggestion for origin arceus casts his judgement move on the Pokemon world then by some collaboration of time and space and jirachi using his wish ability on the unown

They create a new Pokemon world

This is abscure in the reference point but the idea is somewhat sound as the unown can alter reality with their hidden power as seen in Pokemon third movie

Reactions: Luma
@chrono Welcome to the discussion! Altered reality sounds like an interesting concept to explore along the way.

Mega evolution and legendary Pokemon are these playable

@chrono Mega Evolution is kind of tricky to work out. It requires a Mega Stone and Key Stone. i'll think about it and how i could implement it. Legendary pokemon however i might allow but keep them limited. I'll let you know what i decide later.

If we're gonna have progressive evolutions, maybe the Legendaries playable by characters could be limited to Cosmog line, Zygarde and Diancie, the latter starting off with Carbink.

I would think mega evolution could Balance out legendary if we were to limit the mega evolution to the non legendary types

As for legendary types I was thinking of those in the same class as entei or moltress

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of making the psudo-legendary legendaries available (ones that arent the major "Box art" legendaries and a few others. will provide a list.) as far as Zygarde goes, i probably wont make it a playable character because i have plans for each form depending on how the rp goes.