Pokemon Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben stood tall and held out the pokeball which he had just captured the Bellsprout in. "Thanks, Reina!" In his triumph he hadn't even noticed she called him Benjamin again. He stared intently at the pokeball, imagining the journey he would make and the battles he would fight with the grass Pokemon. It was certainly a good addition to the eventual team, he decided.

"Oh" he said, looking down to Luna. She was also happy about winning the battle, but she was breathing heavily and looked dinged up. "Yea, I guess she could use a little rest. Nothing that will require a Pokemon center though. I guess you'll have to take the next battle!" Maybe it was the high of winning his first battle, but for the first time Ben was actually enjoying Reina's company.

"I was going to take the next battle whether you liked it or not, ohoho!" Reina replies with a laugh at the end, her Mawile not failing to follow suit. Maybe there was a slight tinge of true pokemon trainer in her blood, because she could actually feel the desire to battle and fight. Yah! I'll beat them all, and finally get out of this place! She thought to herself, mind still focused on escaping. "Well now, what are we waiting foooor? Onwards to the next town!" She stated, already forgetting she would have to spend an overnight encounter in the woods.

That said, the rest of their journey today was, aside from the natural beauty of the forest, an uneventful trek along the woods. Before she realized it however, the sun was already close to setting, too bad she had something else on her mind which was much more important. "I'm tiiiired." She whined. "Let's call it a night and caaaamp. I don't even care anymore about having to sleep next to buugs, at least I'll get to sleep."

Ben rolled his eyes at the girl, "Don't kill the moment, princess." Her driving enthusiasm was welcome though, and Ben was also excited to get going. The first gym awaited them in Vermillion City, and he knew they would need to hone their skills before facing off with a veteran gym leader. Eevee jumped into his arms and curled up, obviously worn out from the battle. "Yea, let's get going!"

Later that night, Reina began complaining about wanting to camp. "I suppose this is as good a place as ever. It's not going to get any brighter, and we definitely don't want to get lost." He sat his backpack down and pulled out a simple sleeping bag. "No need for a tent, looks like the weather will be nice tonight."

She noticed the boy taking out a sleeping bag as she talked about the weather, making her look up at the sky. It was a beautiful display of stars, more than she's ever seen in her old city. "No need for a tent huh..." Reina spoke aloud to herself. She looked down towards the ground, imagining what kinds of creepy crawlies could be hiding in there. She shuddered.

"I-If you say so." She said timidly, inspecting the ground thoroughly before setting down her sleeping bag. She turned towards her Mawile, giving her a small goodnight kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Reina said with the pokemon nodding in response. In a red flash, the Mawile retreated into her pokeball and the girl retreated into her sleeping bag. She kept her eyes looking up at the stars, if only to not look at the ground next to her, scared of seeing a bug by her face. It was bumpy, cold, and overall uncomfortable. But also, it was the first night in another country, sleeping under the stars on her pokemon journey.

Light broke through the tree tops the next morning, revealing a layer of fog settled just above the ground. A beam of light hit Benjamin right on the eyes causing him to stir, and probably interrupting another dream about pokemon. He yawned as he reached for his backpack without sitting up, pulling his pokedex out of a side pocket. He flipped it open to look at the time. "10 O'clock..." he groaned

He shot up out of the sleeping bag. "TEN O'CLOCK?" Luna stepped out of the sleeping bag and shook her fur, curious to see what the fuss was about. Ben was by no means a morning person, or even a punctual person, but when it came to this adventure he was as eager as could be. "Reina, wake up." He jumped to his feet and started rolling up the sleeping bag. "We've gotta get going if we want to make it to Vermillion city for the gym closes."

Reina woke up with a stern look on her face. "Yes... yes, I'm getting up Benjamin." She said in a harsh tone. The night sky was beautiful sure but her sleep was anything but. The floor was too cold, it felt nothing like her premium feathered bed, and she could have SWORN she felt something crawl across her sleeping bag. The worst sin that was committed this night however was that she couldn't switch into her usual night wear, even keeping her hair in drills instead of letting them down.

Slowly getting up, she shoved the sleeping bag into her pack with the minimal amount of folds needed. "Let's just... get out of here... somewhere comfy." She said half asleep, her eye's still half lidded. She took a few steps forward, going the wrong way. She would have kept going as well, but she was in for a rude surprise. A Rattata jumped out of the woods, and got waaay to close to Reina. "EEEEEEEEK!" Those sleepy eyes grew big in fear as she jumped backwards towards the other side of the woods, falling on her butt. The mouse pokemon, just passing by, quickly disappeared again into the woods.

"W-Well, that's one way to wake up when you aren't by a place that can serve you coffee." The rich girl said, trying to pick herself up. When her hand landed on what she thought was the ground however, it made a peculiar noise. "Dish!" The shrub she touched cried out. "OHGODNOTAGAIN!" She dived towards the other direction with another scream. This time however, a red flash shot out under her skirt. "Maw Maw!" Her Mawile yelled out, striking a heroic pose as she stood between her trainer and the obviously malicious pokemon.

Popping up from it's little hole, out appeared an Oddish. It looked visibly mad, about as mad as Reina was when she woke up herself. The two pokemon stared each other down as Reina picked herself facing away from everyone. She dusted herself off before turning around, with a new face in her arsenal. She had an evil face on her, with an almost scary grin, her pokemon in complete sync as usual. She stood in a hunched position, like she was the one about to attack herself. "Come on now, I'll show you why you don't make a fool out of me." She stated aloud, making a fool of herself.

Ben stood there slightly dumbfounded, mouth wide open is disbelief. In front of him was a spoiled brat who could hardly stand to sleep in the woods just minutes ago, but suddenly her demeanor had changed completely. This was a new aggressive side of hers was almost a bit scary, and her fresh out of bed look surely wasn't helping the matter. He decided to ignore it for now and focus instead on the pokemon that was about to attack. Without saying a word he quickly pointed his pokedex towards the leafy pokemon.

[fieldbox="Oddish, green, solid"] During the daytime, Oddish buries itself in soil to absorb nutrients from the ground using its entire body. The more fertile the soil, the glossier its leaves become. [/fieldbox]

"Well, another grass type, huh? This ought to be fun. Come on, princess! Show your teeth!" Ben took his spot beside the battle, joined by Luna who watched closely.

"Dish Dish!" This grass type was red hot. Not waiting for its opponent to make the first move, the oddish began spewing a pink mist into the air towards Mawile. The air was filled with a calming flowery aroma as the Oddish spewed its sweet scent.

"Grass, poison, fairy, it's all the same to me!" She bellowed out, clenching a fist.

As the pink mist started to head towards her pokemon her mind raced with the moves her Mawile knew. Thankfully even a Mawile that was recently hatched still has a plethora of moves to choose from. In this situation...

"Now! Mawile, use fairy wind!" She commanded.

The pokemon opened up her mouth, and soon after a gust of wind shot out from it and disrupted the aroma mist headed towards them. It could potentially damage the Oddish, but a fairy move wasn't going to be much effective against a poison type. Thankfully her little Mawile was also steel.

"Now, charge in and use iron head!"

The Mawile dashed up to the Oddish, weathering whatever attack it would use next and attempt to slam its mouth-like horn against the grass-poison pokemon.

The Oddish stood its ground as the Mawile charged, having taken minimal damage from the first attack. The small pokemon lowered its head and fired a red beam from between its leaves. The charging Mawile glowed red, but wasn't slowed. For just a moment, Oddish was rejuvinated enough to heal the damage from the fairy wind attack.

"That was an Absorb attack. It's not going to be very effective against that Mawile." Ben said, crossing his arms. Luna let out an agreeing purr.

As if on cue, Mawile smashed its horn into Oddish, sending the grass type rolling backwards. The Oddish managed to stand to its feet again, now even angrier and stomping on the dirt. Seemingly as a last resort, Oddish let out a greenish-orange goo from atop its head, spewing the fluid all over Mawile. The Acid hit the grass and ground around it, instantly melting it away, but the Mawile was completely unphased.

Ben shook his head. "This sure isn't a good type matchup for this poor Oddish."

"OHOHO!" She laughed out, raising a hand to her mouth. "You're pretty good, the only mistake was fighting against me!"

Still, she shouldn't get too cock, people and pokemon both become unpredictable when cornered, this Oddish would be no exception. Her laugh quickly disappeared and went back to its scary grin. "Now Mawile, hit it again with Iron Head!"

As commanded, the pokemon dashed towards the pokemon going in zig zags, intent on hitting that pokemon once again with what it's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.