Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lian

Lian only nodded when he said that Honedge were rare around Thunderlight Village. She didn't mind his words, but she was a tenacious young woman. Even if she had to put her whole journey on hold, she would until she found that Pokemon.

She didn't get to say much else when they left the Pokemon center. She'd made a detour to retrieve her Pokemon--both of whom had a clean bill of health--before she joined Alvin. Lian looked over the other hopeful trainers, and hummed in agreement. It would definitely take the better part of the day for most of those guys to get processed. She decided to spend some time outside of the town to get to know her pokemon until the line died down some.

She smiled at Alvin when he made his decision, "Sounds like a plan. It was nice to meet you as well, Alvin. I will see you tomorrow morning." Her tone was rather formal, as she was unused to speaking with people her own age. Nonetheless, she walked away towards the entrance of the town.

Jay lit up inside when Astrid was ok with traveling with him and he gave the girl a smile with a nod in agreement. "It was quite the surprsie, Uncle. Looks like your going to have a lot on your plate now that you're Gym leader, but I know you'll be able to handle it." Jay said to his uncle with encouragement.

"You're right! And I know you don't agree with gym battles, but there's something I wanted to tell you-" Prof Atlas said as the groups attention cut to Beatrice and some masked boy whom the professor was curious of. After Bee and Astrid exchanged greetings, Prof. Atlas asked the two if they were here to challenge him. "Yes, that's right. Good to see you again."The professor responded to Bee and then his attention was turned to the boy with the mask when she mentioned that he was there for a battle.

Jay became distracted when Bee and the new kid walked up, but he was still interested in knowing what his uncle had to tell him.

"Hey there." Jay lifted his hand with an upward wave and greeted Beatrice and her new friend politely. He saw the kid and for a second he almost felt like he recognized him. That's when his pokegear chimed and he looked down to see that his mother had left a voice message. She must've missed him already. He browsed thru his Pokegear and was too distracted with something to give Robbin a second look.

Prof. Atlas looked over the boy, and had an odd feeling about him even though he couldn't put his finger on what it was. "I don't recall meeting you. What's your name?" Atlas asked him. The kid looked around Robbin's age, and he looked too young to be a trainer. Atlas figured that if the kid had a starter from his lab then he must've shown Kylie his parent approval form and recieved the pokemon from her.

"Ben." Robbin spoke with a low and slightly altered voice as he tried to act like one of the older kids as he cleared his throat. "-My nickname." Robbin said quickly to Bee in case she'd blow his cover. He felt paranoid for not clueing Bee in before, but he wasn't sure if she'd be ok with his sneakiness.

Igglybuff tumbled off of Robbin's shoulder and Robbin caught the chubby ball as a reflex before she could fall to the ground. She had dozed off again as she had gotten comfortable. He wondered what made her so sleepy, but he guessed she was just tired from the battle against Scraggy and Croagunk.

"Well ok then, Ben. If you're here for a challenge, then follow me." The professor said as he turned toward the mini gym that he now supervised. Before he left, he spoke up toward his nephew and Astrid, "I'd like you both to stay and watch the battle. I'll show you what I was going to tell you instead, Jay."

Last edited:
Bee waved back to Jay, before she looked back at the Professor. "It's nice to see you, too. Congratulations!" She smiled, but noticed that Professor Atlas was giving Robbin a strange look. Well, I don't blame him. I don't know what Robbin was thinking when he decided to dress up like that. Then Atlas asked for the kid's name. His response surprised her, though.

"Ben." "Ben?" The green haired teenager turned and looked questioningly at Robbin, who quickly explained that it was his nickname. "Oh... Ok. Are you feeling alright? Your voice sounds a bit odd." She had picked up on his sudden voice change, though she figured it might have just been allergies or instantaneous puberty or something. Then again he had been acting rather strangely since they started going to the Gym.

Bee adjusted her hat as the Professor told Robbin to follow him, then offered for Jay and Astrid to watch the battle. "Oh, may I watch, too, please?" She asked, hoping it wouldn't be a problem if she did. She wanted to be there to encourage Robbin, since she had already said she'd be there to watch his contest. That, and she really enjoyed watching Gym battles, and, just being in Gyms in general. She hesitated, worrying that maybe she wasn't invited inside for a reason. "I mean, it's fine if you don't want me to. I can just stay outside."

"Eh, the pollen just alwayyss gets me this time of year.." Robbin half mumbled to Bee while rubbing the underside of his nose with his finger.

Meanwhile, the professor thanked Bee for her congrats and then replied to her, "Of course you can. I figured that's why you came with Ben." The professor smiled toward her and then led the way through the sliding glass doors of the gym's entrance after Jay reluctantly agreed upon going.

On the inside, the arena could be seen on a lower level with steps that led down onto the field which was mostly surrounded by what appeared to be totem poles. On-lookers were welcome to watch on the second level where they could stand against the rails or sit in the stands. On each totem poles that surrounded the arena were symbols of the pokemon elements and some resembled pokemon in an abstract way. "Welcome to my Gym. You are the first guests to enter." The Professor announced with an excited grin.

"Make yourselves comfortable up here as the challenger and I battle down below." Atlas said to those who were just going to watch. He then proceeded to walk down the steps and onto the arena as he awaited the masked boy who just stood there. Robbin was taking in the sight of the gym and his heart skipped a beat in amazement. This was it. He was really about to have an actual gym battle! Robbin drooled a little, but then snapped out of it when he noticed that the Professor was staring at him.

Robbin ran onto the arena and took his place on the opposite side of the field from his uncle. "Wake up Igglybuff...." Robbin mumbled under his breath as he tried to shake Igglybuff awake who continued to sleep as peacefully as a baby.

"I will use two pokemon for the battle. You may use all of your pokemon. Good luck and have fun, Ben." The professor retrieved a pokeball from his lab pocket and expanded it in his hand before throwing it onto the field. Da! Spinda cried out as it entered onto the field out of a flash of energy. The dizzy looking teddy bear wobbled around and kept it's head rotating which made it's swirly eyes appear to spin. "Spinda will be my first. Which pokemon will you start with?" The professor asked as he waited.

"Spinda?" Robbin said as he looked at the odd bear that made him feel a headache coming on. Luckily the distance between he and everyone else made his voice faint, so no one caught his slip up when he spoke in his regular voice. Robbin gave Igglybuff another shake, but she still didn't wake.

"Fine-" Robbin sulked and felt like dropping Igglybuff, but he placed her down beside him instead. He then took out Chespin's pokeball. Pin! Chespin cried when he was released.

"I wonder why he wanted us here?" Jay said to Astrid as the two prepared for the match below. "He knows how I feel about this..." Jay was feeling uncomfortable being there, but his curiousity kept him from leaving.​

Last edited:
Alvin~Outskirts of Numera Hills

After saying his farewells to Lian, Alvin started walking with Torchic past the exit of Numera Town. The Torchic seemed energetic to be out an about, and Alvin couldn't help but feel energized as well. He stretched and took a deep breath, taking in the scenery. This was where his journey would begin, at long last. Then Alvin thought of something. He found an area a few yards from the entrance to sit down at, then he rummaged through his backpack for something. Alvin pulled out an old hat, one that his grandfather had given him when he was very little. It was a treasured artifact to Alvin, and he wore it on his head with pride. While Alvin was busy, Torchic swiftly scurried up his back to get onto his shoulder so that they could enjoy a walk. However, Alvin gently grabbed him and put him on the ground, saying "Heh, cute guy. I need you to be down here so that we can both search for some new friends." Then he added, more to himself "And besides, I don't want to get smacked by the nearest Pidgey if you're on my shoulder."

His mind turned towards figuring out what Pokemon to get. To make his journey easier, he believed, it was probably best if he used relatively common Pokemon for most of the trip, as they tend to be more on the docile end of the spectrum. Sure a Salamence or something would be ludicrously powerful, but why go through the headaches associated with a destructive dragon type when other, safer Pokemon would suit the job just fine? Of course, the easiest route would be to just rummage around the Hills until he had a team of five normal types + Torchic, but then his team would have some rather glaring weaknesses. What if the treasure guardian was a ghost type? He'd need a balanced team of Pokemon, ones that could fill different roles so that there wouldn't be any glaring weaknesses. Still, one Normal type probably wouldn't hurt the team at all. That just led to one question, what Normal type would be suitable?

No sooner had Alvin thought that than he received his answer in the form of a Pokemon cry. "Pup!" came a voice from the tall grass. Suddenly, a small puppy Pokemon jumped out of the grass.
506.png

Alvin smiled and said "Aha! That's one pokemon that I think I can---wait what are you doin----" The Lillipup slammed into Alvin with a Tackle attack, knocking him off his feet. "Ow!" he exclaimed. He got up, then said "Torchic go and...uh do something?" Realizing that he had no clue what moves Torchic had, he pulled out his Pokenav. But not before Torchic, desperate to "do something" headbutted the Lillipup...or at least tried to. The Lillipup dodged it with ease, causing Torchic to careen into a wall. Alvin, rather worried, said "Torchic! Are you okay?" He then shook his head, he needed to get used to Torchic being in some pain; that was the point of Pokemon Battling after all. Alvin's Pokenav then loaded up the moves that Torchic had. Perusing through the list, Alvin mused "Lesee...Scratch, Growl...that's it?! Bah, no matter." He raised his voice so that Torchic could hear "Torchic, use Scratch on this puppy!"

Torchic, having recovered from the shock, leapt into action and scratched Lillipup's face. Lillipup, in response, tackled the Torchic. Alvin looked for some other options, but with Torchic's movepool being rather...let's say barren at the moment, he saw no response other than to keep telling Torchic to keep scratching the Lillipup. Soon enough, Lillipup looked rather tired from the beating, and Torchic had shown that he was quite the resilient little chick. Seeing an opportunity, Alvin grabbed a Pokeball and threw it at the Lillipup...

And missed by a country mile.

"Oh for...my aim still hasn't improved has it?" Alvin said sorrowfully. Then he sent out another command "Torchic, try to hold Lillipup in one place so that your trainer can capture him." Torchic, seeming to understand, used his biggest asset to pin down the Lillipup, his feet, pounding Lillipup into the ground and keeping him there. For a few moments, the Lillipup and Torchic struggled with each other; but Alvin was soon able to get close enough so that even he couldn't miss, then tossed the Pokeball at Lillipup. Relieved, Torchic stepped back, hoping that the Pokeball would capture. It rocked back and forth...back and forth again...back and forth again, then Alvin heard a click sound!

"...Did I do it?" he asked himself. He prodded the Pokeball, wondering if it might somehow explode on him right there and then. Fortunately, it did not, he had successfully captured Lillipup! Alvin struck a pose and yelled "Yah! I caught Lillipup!" Torchic gave him a look, to which Alvin replied "Heh, don't mind me, just enjoying mi---our---moment of triumph. Anyways, let's get back to the Pokemon Center and get you and him healed up, all right?" Torchic chirped weakly, clearly its first battle had taken a toll on it. No doubt it was unused to battling after being cooped up in the lab for so long. Feeling some empathy for the little guy, Alvin placed Torchic on his shoulder and said "There there little guy, let me walk you over there."

The duo walked to the Pokemon Center, Torchic smiling all the way.

Astrid seemed happy that Bee remembers her from a few hours ago. "I'm doing great! Thanks for asking." Astrid gave a wide smile before Atlas interrupted the conversation. Astrid listened to the conversations going between the three of them. Ben, the masked kid, seems to have challenging Atlas to a battle. Is it me, or does this kid look familiar. she thought to herself. Astrid followed Jay to the spectator area was. Astrid got a bit comfy in the area before Jay asked her a question.

"Well...I do know why he want me here." Astrid said a little sad. "To be honest...When it comes to Pokemon Battles...i'm very bad at it. I have a hard time utilizing Pokemon's abilities and moves to their full potential and I just get overwhelmed, well when it comes to Atlas of course." Astrid softly laughed it off. "He probably wanted me to come to learn more about Pokemon Battles so that I can use my Pokemon in battles when I need to." She took out a notepad and pen from her back pack and opened up a blank page to start writing her notes. "Professor Atlas is a good at Pokemon Battles and i'm sure he'll give Ben a hard time. This will be a interesting battle." She looked at Professor Atlas and Ben, who both sent out their first Pokemon. Atlas's Spindal and Ben's Chespin. Chespin? A interesting Pokemon. Ben sure knows to pick the coolest Starter Pokemon. she smiled as she talks to herself in her mind. But she looked at Spindal.

"Spindal...The first Pokemon I battled. It was me vs Atlas to test my abilities in a Pokemon Battle." Astrid said. "His Spindal is tough. Ben might want to take extra caution." Astrid spoke out to herself, in case Jay or Bee wanted to chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:

"That's probably it. Just don't know why he'd want me here.." Jay was deep in thought and stayed that way as Astrid continued speaking. The silvery blue haired teen's only guess was that his uncle would try and convince him to battle for some reason or another. Jay took out his pokedex and aimed it toward the swirly eyed bear.

"Spinda the Spot Panda Pokemon. No two Spinda have the same pattern of spots. Its tottering step fouls the aim of foes." The voice on Jay's pokedex ended after informing him of the pokemon. "Interesting." Jay thought aloud as he curiously looked at the pokemon's habitat and temperament on the pokedex.

Jay was going to scan Chespin for data, but the battle was commencing and he decided to wait.

"Ben must be a little shy. Let's start this off then Spinda." The Professor gave a teasing grin at Robbin before order the first move.

Vine whip, Tackle... Robbin was going over Chespin's moves in his head as the Professor spoke up. He wanted to reply with something smart, but he stopped himself so that he wouldn't give himself away. Robbin meant to ask Bee if he could borrow her pokedex, but now the battle was beginning and he only knew two of Chespin's moves.

"Use dig." The Prof. ordered and Spinda immediatedly jumped into the air and dove underneath the ground with a fast spin. "You see, dig is one of Spinda's best moves. I trained Spinda to perfect the move, so that it makes contact everytime." Prof. Atlas gave a smile as Spinda detected Chespin's position from underneath the earth.

Ches? Chespin looked at his feet and all around the ground as he stepped from left to right. The grass pokemon was smart enough to know that Spinda was coming from beneath the earth. "Chespin, run in zig zags across the field!-" Robbin tried to keep his voice altered as he shouted to his pokemon. Chespin dashed across the arena and ran in diagonal directions while moving from left to right as well.

"NOW." Prof. Atlas commanded and waited for his pokemon to execute the move. As Chespin kept running around, Spinda broke through the earth's surface and knocked the grass starter into the air after slamming him with the dig attack! Chespin fell on his head and got up with a dizzy look, but then shook it off as if it didn't phase him.

Robbin wondered why his uncle used a ground type attack on a grass type and he wanted to ask, but he just kept quiet. The Professor coincidentally answered the question as he spoke up, "Now that we're close enough like I really wanted, use Dizzy punch." Spinda rolled it's fist and swayed back in forth in a drunken manner before lunging toward Chespin who still sat on the ground rubbing it's head.

"Roll out of the way!" Robbin quickly said and Chespin dropped to his back and did just that before the punch could make contact with his face. Spinda's Dizzy punch hit against the ground and caused a good sized indention to form. "Use Vine whip, quick!"

"Back into the ground." Prof. Atlas commanded and Spinda spiraled back into the earth before Chespin's vines could whip it.

Robbin was beginning to become irritated with his uncle's evasive tactic, but tried to keep his cool the best he could. Before Chespin could make another move the Professor hollered "Now" which caused Spinda to break through the earth and make contact once again. Chespin fell back to the earth and then slammed his vines down in frustration. Spinda evaded each vine gracefully as if in a dance and then tottered around like it was only toying with the grass pokemon. Ches! Chespin cried in irritation.

"You got this Chespin. Use your vines to grab ahold of that stupid panda-" Robbin encouraged as he thought over what to do. Chespin extended his vines quickly toward the swirly eyed panda who allowed Chespin to grab ahold of him. A static bolt sparked between Spinda's ears and exerted an electical wave that surged through Chespin's vines and shocked his entire body. Piiiin! The starter pokemon yelped in pain and released his hold around Spinda with the vines.

"Just like I taught you. That was Spinda's Shock Wave attack." The professor felt proud that Spinda had remembered to use it in situations such as that. "Now, use dizzy punch." The Professor ordered as Chespin was still dazed.

Last edited:
"Of course. Thank you." Bee followed the group inside. She looked around the building, taking in the different designs in the architecture. We're the first people to visit, so that would mean Robbin is the first challenger. Which was awesome in a way, though it could also put a lot of pressure on him if he knew that, and challenging a Gym was already stressful enough. Meh, she could tell him later if he didn't already know. The Professor was showing them where they could watch the battle, so she followed the group up the steps. She turned and waved to Robbin. "Good luck!"

Once up in the stands, Bee stood by the railing to watch the battle while Jay and Astrid talked. "Oh, Spinda!" Then Robbin chose Chespin, who seemed ready to fight. This'll be interesting... She looked down at the spotted bear Pokémon, but after a while its movement made her dizzy, so she looked away and listened to what Astrid was saying about Spinda. "Oh, really? How did that battle go?" She asked out of curiosity.

Then the battle began, and Bee turned to watch. "They're not doing too hot down there, are they?" She asked aloud, though she was mostly speaking to herself, just like she had always done when she'd watch the Twins battle challengers in their Gym. "That's very good strategy on Professor Atlas's part, though." She admired how well thought out Atlas's strategy was, but she felt pretty bad for Chespin and Robbin. "Maybe a bit more training would've helped..." After all, all she had seen Robbin use Chespin to battle was that Scraggy, which the grass type hadn't done very well in.

"Then perhaps watch the battle and maybe you'll find out." Astrid said. "Maybe your uncle wants you to see him perform his first official gym battle. A family thing." Astrid smiled to Jay as Eevee jumped up on the stand with Astrid as it watched the battle between Ben and Professor Atlas undergo. Eevee's mouth opened wide as it was amazed at the spectacular battle going on.

"Eevee." The Fox Pokemon was excited and wanted to see more of it. It seems to have grown a bit of interest into fighting other Pokemon to perform such unique and wonderful techniques. Astrid looked down on Eevee and smiled.

"Seems like Eevee is enjoying the battle." Astrid grinned. "Maybe one day you'll get to fight with me with your side" She petted Eevee as it continued watching. Astrid started to take notes on the battle, keeping track of moves, strageties, type advantages and other things. This would come in handy when Astrid decided to take Pokemon Battles seriously. After jolting down a few good notes. Bee interrupted her with a question.

"Well..."Astrid seemed a bit hesitated and embarrassed. "It...was a one side battle. I'll put it like that." She looked down a bit embarrassed. "Let's just say that Professor Atlas has had alot of training with Pokemon Battles, something I don't have experience in with." She looked back at the battle and continued taking notes. She later blurred out something that either Jay or Bee could respond back if they wished.

"See, Professor Atlas has Ben on the ropes. Without effective strategies and quick thinking, Professor Atlas will get you when you least expected. He's not just a good Pokemon Battler, he's good with coming up strategies." Astrid said. "Something like this happened to me with my battle with him. I hope Ben has a way to change the battle or this battle is over." Astrid looked at Ben with a sad face.

I also wonder what his other Pokemon is. It must be stronger than Spinda. Ben is in trouble if he can't figure out something now. Astrid looked even more sad for him. Was it pity or perhaps she's wanting him to win and see someone get their badge for the first time.

"Tackle him down!" Robbin hollared to Chespin with a disguised voice and Chespin immediately snapped back to his senses to run toward the approaching Spinda in an attempt to tackle at it's feet before the punch would land.

"Evade and follow through." Prof. Atlas ordered to his Spinda.

In an instance, Spinda tottered to the side and avoided Chespin's tackle while slamming the brown and green pokemon in the back of the head with the wobbly punch. Chespin smashed into the ground and slid across the field chin first in a cringe worthy sight!

"Holy smokes..." Robbin muttered at the sight of the powerful looking punch. Ches.. Chespin tried to keep a determined look on his face, but he was in some pain as he tried to stand. "Get up Chespin! You can win this!" Robbin shouted over to his starter pokemon who managed to get back on his feet.

"Dig and let's finish this." By the look of things, Prof. Atlas could tell that the Chespin had little training and was bound to lose. Spinda dove into the ground and swam through the earth to prepare for the attack. Chespin looked around and knew he was in trouble. Chesp!

"Get up on the pole, fast!" It was Robbin's turn to be evasive, because he just about had it with his uncle's battling style. Chespin immediately used his vines to wrap around the nearest totem and rasied himself off the field to keep off of the ground.

"Surface and use Icy wind." Prof. Atlas smiled inside at the kids tactic.

Spinda broke from the earth near the totem pole and blew a frosty wind from it's mouth that made direct contact with Chespin who couldn't escape in time, because his vines were wrapped around the pole. The super effective attack caused Chespin to faint and he hung from the pole with his vines still wrapped around it and then finally fell upside down onto the arena with vines falling in a tangled mess.

"DANG." Robbin said to himself when his plan failed and took out Chespin's ball to return him. The red energy shot out from the pokeball and enveloped the fainted Chespin who then disappeared into the light. Robbin snapped the pokeball back on his belt after shrinking it and felt his inside boiling in frustration. "CHEAP SHOT!"

"No need for rude commentary... Let's carry on with respect or you can leave." The Professor replied to the boy who was feeling mad.

Robbin ignored his uncle, but decided to let it go. His uncle was the obstacle he needed to get through if he wanted that badge afterall. At the same time, Robbin was wondering if he should have kept Chespin instead of returning him. Chespin wasn't proving to be very strong. The boy was ignoring the fact that strength takes training.

"I didn't get one hit in..." Robbin said to himself and then remembered that Prof. Atlas had a second pokemon too. He was beginning to feel a little desperate, but then looked to the stands to see Bee standing against the rail in support. Then he felt embarrassed that he was doing so poorly.

Igg. Robbin heard a tiny voice say that interrupted his thoughts. He looked down at his feet to see Igglybuff with an awakening and cheery face who poked at his leg. She was like a breath of fresh air to him in that moment and she reminded him that there's alway a chance. "Alright Iggly, it's your turn!"

"Maybe..." Jay said as Astrid spoke to him, and she was right about watching. Jay watched the battle feeling unsure, and felt bad for Chespin who lost the match. He couldn't understand why people would want to put their pokemon through that kind of pain for their own selfish benefit. He tried to find sense of it which spurred the question toward Astrid, "Why do you desire to battle with Eevee?" The answer was something he was yearning to know and he decided he'd listen with an open mind.

Jay noticed the Slakoth that Bee was holding and the lazy creature made him smile, yet yawn at the same time. The blue haired teen pointed his pokedex at Slakoth and the voice came on. "Slakoth the Slacker Pokemon. It spends nearly all its time in a day sprawled out. Just seeing it makes one drowsy." Jay looked at Bee curiously when she noticed him and asked, "Will you battle your pokemon as well?" He was interested in knowing Bee and Astrid's opinions and reasoning on the topic.

Last edited:
Numera Hills

Chapter 2: My Not so Fine Feathered Friend

In the serene meadows of Numera Hills, the Pokemon were enjoying a nice day in their natural habitats. The Magikarp were swimming upstream, the Deerling were frolicking about, and the Pidgey flew softly overhead.

Suddenly, a loud voice came shrieking through the meadow. The Magikarp swam the way they came, the Deerling were spooked and fled, and the Pidgey landed in the trees to hide. Those not familiar with the area would probably assume that there was a predator on the loose...at least until they heard the singing.

441.svg

"Home home on the range
where the dddeerling and the antelope play
where seldom is heard, a discouraging word
and the skies are not cloudy all day!"

A small Chatot was flying through the air around here. In truth, his singing was not that bad, but this particular Chatot had garnered a reputation for being an extreme nuisance. To put it simply, he routinely played pranks on the other Pokemon in the meadow, and after several years of bearing his annoyance the local Pokemon knew to hide. His usual prank included scaring somebody with a human like voice, scaring them and giving them an unplanned swim in the river. After some time of flying and singing to himself, he landed with a bunch of other Chatot sitting in the field. Upon his arrival, the others looked at him with hesitation. Chatot flapped his wings to greet everyone, but the others flew away. Feeling rather sad at this point, the Chatot decided to fly away and find some food to make himself feel better.

===============================================​
Alvin

The trip to the Pokemon Center seemed to go by slowly to Alvin. After telling the doctor about the battle, they had decided to check Torchic for any head damage. The doctor eventually came out with both Pokemon in her arms, placed them down, and told Alvin "Here you are, your Pokemon should be just fine. No serious injuries to report; they're both just fine. You take care of them now!" The nurse smiled and went back inside to tend to some of the other Pokemon there, and Alvin greeted his Pokemon. "Good to see you two are doing okay." Torchic chirped happily and Lillipup barked, then promptly tackled Alvin. "Hey," Alvin said angrily "knock it off Lillipup!" Lillipup, in response, licked Alvin in the face. Torchic felt some amount of anger boiling up inside him, how dare he tackle the master like that. He made some angry cries towards Lillipup, but the puppy brushed it off. This only served to irritate Torchic even more, he chased Lillipup around the Pokemon Center. The two made loops around the Center, causing Alvin to groan and say "Great...two Pokemon in and I'm already having problems." He swiftly went through his Pokemon guide to find some discipline actions, found something, then stomped his foot in the ground. "Guys, I need you two to stop fighting with each other." he shouted, trying to get them to stop. They did stop, though Alvin wasn't convinced the discipline was quite that effective, and he shoved them into their Pokeballs.

Once that was over, apologized for the ruckus and headed outside. He was about to head back to the Numera Hills to capture another Pokemon, but then he realized he didn't know what to grab. Alvin stretched, then walked over to the bench. When he reached it, he sat down and instantly realized something, he had not used his Pokedex yet. Reaching into his bag, he took out Torchic's Pokeball...or was it Lillipup's? He was going to have to find a way to sort them later, but for now he sent out whatever was in there, and it turned out it was Torchic. Alvin took out the Pokedex, opened it up, and pointed it at Torchic. After taking some time to boot up, the Pokedex spurred to life and an electronic voice spoke "Torchic, the Chick Pokemon. It has a flame sac inside its belly that perpetually burns. It feels warm if it is hugged." "Huh, Neat." Alvin remarked, before putting Torchic back into the Pokeball just as it was climbing up Alvin again.

Then he got out Lillipup, who barked and tried to tackle Alvin again. Alvin dodged this time, and the puppy met with a face full of metal bench. Alvin just sighed and said "Man, you've really gotta stop doing that." Then he continued, more to himself "I wonder if that's some natural instinct of Pokemon, to attack their trainers like that..." He brushed his thoughts aside and registered Lillipup in the Pokedex. The voice came back again saying "Lillipup, the Puppy Pokemon. The long hair around its face provides an amazing radar that lets it sense subtle changes in its surroundings." The boy shrugged, put Lillipup back into his Pokeball, and thought about what he might do next. He was going to need one more Pokemon, but non-Normal types were scarce around the Numera Hills. It was then that he remembered something from the book, a short section on Pokemon types. He read that section, then came up with an idea. Normal/Flying Pokemon were plentiful in the area, and happened to share no type weaknesses, so that would be a great addition to his team. As for which one, well he decided to have some revenge on those blasted Pidgey.

With that idea, he headed off into the Hills once more.

Bee nodded and returned her attention to the battle, though it wasn't as much fun watching the challenger lose at it was at the Shadowveil Gym. Of course, those times she had been rooting for the Gym Leaders, which would probably explain why. She winced when Chespin was hit with Dizzy Punch and fell to the ground. But still, the Pokémon got back up again, still willing to fight. This time when Spinda used Dig, Robbin tried a different way of avoiding it, but apparently the Professor had thought of that as well, and sent an Icy Wind in the Grass Type's direction. That did it for poor Chespin, who fainted and fell to the ground. It just isn't Chespin's day, is it?

Bee looked up from the battle when she heard the Pokedex's voice read off information about Slakoth, and she was about to mention that it was technically not hers when he asked if she planned on battling her Pokémon. "Well..." She absent-mindedly scratched Slakoth's head as she thought back to her first battle, with Treecko and Croagunk. Sure, her Pokémon had gotten hurt, but there wasn't a point in that battle where Treecko didn't seem to not want to fight. But then again, that might have just been Treecko, or she just thought Treecko wanted to fight. She said her answer slowly. "Yes. I feel like it helps create some kind of bonding or trust between the trainer and Pokémon, as long as the trainer doesn't push the Pokemon too hard or treat them terribly."

Astrid watched as Chespin was getting beaten up with no chance to fight while taking notes. Astrid felt a bit sad for the challenger as he has undergo something similar to what Astrid has experienced with her first battle with Professor Atlas. A feeling that acted as if it were a close replay of her battle.

"Deja Vu." Astrid said. "He suffered the same fate as I have with my battle with him." Astrid started to fidget with her fingers. "I didn't even get to lay a single hit on his Pokemon with my first Pokemon, well he might've been able to grab him, but never laid a single direct attack on Spinda. At this rate, I don't think Ben is going to win this." Astrid disappointingly said. But she still had a bit of hope that Ben's last Pokemon would be a tough and powerful Pokemon to take down his other Pokemon. Astrid noticed the Pokemon that Bee was carrying on her arms. "Oh I didn't see that Pokemon. Looks like a cute sloth. What are you going to do with him." She smiled.

Just then, Jay asked her a question regarding Eevee and Fighting. Astrid stared directly at the battlefield where Ben and Atlas were. "You know. There's something I learned from the ongoing battle recently." Astrid looked at Ben as he was a bit sad, but angry at the same time. "There's a good chance we'll encounter some danger on our journey against Pokemon and People alike. And every day, people and Pokemon suffer horrible fates. Just look at the battle. If we were Ben and we faced off something evil and dangerous with deadly skills like Atlas, we would be in serious trouble." Astrid clenched her fists. Eevee looked back at Astrid to she her a bit distressed about the situation. Eevee felt like crying for her.

"But...There will be times where we must fight even if there is no other option. I want to fight with Eevee so that I can protect those around me and myself. I'll learn how to fight and defend for myself and others in great peril." Astrid face became more determined and full of energy. "Eevee might have the desire to face stronger Pokemon and become a great fighter to help me on my quest, but I will fight for those that need help." Eevee jumped up and down in excitement. "Eevee! Eevee!" The Pokemon cried in happiness.

"And also..." Astrid was a bit embarrassed after her speech. "For experiment battles too of course." She let out a innocent smile. "I guess that's my answer to you Jay." She looked at Jay waiting for a response.

Once her traveling partner saw himself off, Lian decided to head into the plains that surrounded the town. She wondered if she should go scout out her competition in the gym challenge, but she decided that some training would be in order. With that in mind, she released both of her Pokemon and just sat down to watch them.

fennekin_by_apricolor-d6lutnm.png

Fennekin had always been a sort of a loner amongst the professor's other starters. Rather than play with the others, she preferred to practice her techniques. She wasn't as strong as some of the others, and had been looked over quite a few times by other trainers. While she wasn't...exactly bitter about it, it was still a blow to her self-esteem. So, she practiced harder and harder just in case she got that one shot; that one trainer that saw a potential she always knew that she had.

Even now, with her trainer watching her every move as she gently prodded the spirited Happiny back towards the safety of their trainer, she felt her inner fire burn. She knew it, her furred ears burned which was a lucky sign, she knew that Lian would let her shine. "Fenni." The Pokemon gently nudged the pink puffball with her nose and watched as the baby Pokemon flailed onto her bottom. The little Pokemon looked like she wanted to cry, which prompted a cheek lick from the Fire Fox. "Ragyo." The Pokemon looked up at the strange name in confusion. "You'll be my Ragyo." Her trainer'a game never wavered, even as she smiled a bit. "It is a strong name. One associated with overwhelming power and ambition. What do you think?" Fennekin seemed to think for a while, her eyes were closed even as the Happily clambered onto her back. Then the Fennekin tipped her consent, even as she let the Happiny continue her play time.

Jay nodded respecfully toward Bee's opinion and then listened to Astrid's reasoning. The red head presented a pretty good and solid point while expressing some contagious enthusiasm. Jay hadn't really put much thought about any possible danger, but it was only realistic to do so.

"I see your point. It's the battling for fun and personal gain that I don't agree with." Jay wasn't sure how he felt about Astrid's "experiement battles", but he wouldn't protest against her own personal choice nor judge her. Jay was a firm believer in the saying: Judge not lest ye be judged.

Iggly! Igglybuff gave a cute wave toward Prof. Atlas and Spinda with her pink stubby arm before the match would begin. Meanwhile, Robbin was thinking over Igglybuff's known moves and was also trying to come up with some sort of strategy. Although he didn't know the name of her moves, he did remember how they worked.

"We'll stay above ground this round." Prof. Atlas stated as he looked over Robbin's mini pink puff pokemon. "Go ahead, Ben. The first move is all your's."

As his uncle allowed him the first move, an idea came into the purple haired boy's head. Robbin knelt down to his Normal/Fairy pokemon's level and spoke to her, "Use your kiss attack on Spinda. He needs some tough love." Robbin said with a devilish grin. Igg! Igglybuff understood and waddled up to the spotted panda who stood taller than she. Spinda just stared down to her with swirly eyes which made Igglybuff dizzy while Spinda swayed from left to right. Igglybuff hopped up to give Spinda a kiss, and the swirly eyed stopped it's swaying to turn it's head curiously at Igglybuff who had given it affection. Other then that the attack had no affect.

"WHYYYY?.." Robbin thought aloud and the attack seemed to have him confused instead of the target.

"How nice... However, Spinda are immune to confusion. How about we give Igglybuff a hug in return, Spinda?" At Prof. Atlas' words, Spinda leaned down to tightly embrace the pink ball in a big bear hug. An electric spark started to form between the panda's ears and Robbin knew what would happen next.

"Slip away Iggly, quick!" Robbin tried to warn his cotton candy colored pokemon, but Spinda's embrace was too tight for her to escape from. SCHHHHH! The electic wave lit up the arena and electricuted Igglbuff who cried in pain. GGLYYYY! Igglybuff fell free and bounced a few times before looking up with a hurt, yet mad face.

Buff! Igglybuff said with a puff of her cheeks and then heard Robbin's command, "USE YOUR WINKY FACE MOVE!.." Igglybuff quickly blew a kiss toward the Spinda with a wink which caused an energy heart to pierce the panda's chest with the Attract attack. "Gotcha now." Robbin said with a demonic giggle.

Spinda's face became indifferent and Prof. Atlas let out a quick laugh. "Ah yes, I meant to correct you earlier. Spinda's not a He." He looked to his female panda pokemon and spoke once more, "Go on." At that, Spinda blew a quick breath of Icy wind which took Igglybuff by surprise.

Igglybuff shivered after enduring the attack, but she surprisingly rolled back onto her feet. Robbin became frantic and tried to think of which move to do next. He knew Igglybuff could slap pokemon with some sort of brown energy on her hand, but he couldn't think of the move's name. "Use your brownish hand slap---" Robbin stopped realizing how stupid he was sounding in that moment and just screamed, "Just ATTACKkk!" Igglybuff tried to puff her cheeks to float, but her shivering made it difficult.

"Dizzy Punch.." Prof. Atlas said and put his hands behind his head to watch. Igglybuff hopped toward Spinda in an attemptive Pound attack, but it was too slow. Spinda stepped back and socked Igglybuff's tiny body as if deflecting a miniature dodge ball. Igglybuff shot into the sky and swirled through the air like a deflating balloon. She slammed into Robbin's chest which caused him to fall and slide on his butt as Igglybuff lay fainted in his arms. The match was over. His uncle had won.

Bee nodded, but she wasn't really sure what else to say. Then, Astrid asked about Slakoth. "Well, I'm just taking him to the forest. He showed up and seemed... just a little bit lost." She kind of left out the whole part about Slakoth falling out of the tree after the battle, partly because Jay didn't really seem into battling, judging by his questions. He probably didn't need to hear about how they ended up in a fight with some street Pokémon, and how Igglybuff kind of stepped in and saved the day. Well, maybe that was exaggerating just a little bit, but that's why we have hyperboles.

Oh, wait, Igglybuff. As much as she liked the pink puff ball, she had a tendency to forget about it when she was distracted, which happened more often than she thought. The green haired trainer peered over the rail at the battling field, and sure enough, Igglybuff had made an appearance, just as sweet as ever. That only made it a bit more difficult to watch the battle that followed. It ended up a lot like the last battle, where n matter what Robbin tried, there was some kind of stumbling block that kept him from making any progress. Oh, you want to use Attract? TOO BAD, SPINDA'S A GIRL!! Oh, you're trying to confuse Spinda? OH SO SORRY, SPINDA CAN'T GET CONFUSED!! BWAHAHAHA... Ahem... Anyway...

Towards the end of the battle, Bee managed to shift Slakoth to her back, where it just kind of hung onto her backpack lazily, like always. She had a feeling this wasn't going to end well, and as soon as Igglybuff went flying into Robbin, she went as fast as she could to the stairs. She turned and looked at Jay and Astrid, slowly walking backwards as she did so. "I'm so sorry, but I need to go. I'll see you around!" Well, hopefully. She took care not to lose her balance going down the steps, and once she reached the bottom she hesitated, unsure of what to actually say to the kid, since he'd probably be down about this recent turn of events. She slowly walked over to him, and spoke once she was within hearing distance. "Hey. You did... alright. From what Astrid told me, that Spinda's pretty tough, so... Yeah." That was about all that came to mind, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
The young heiress watched as another Pokemon was felled by her Funneling, Ragyo. She had to admit that she was rather impressed with the Pokemon'a drive to succeed as the two began to get comfortable with each other. "Very good." She praised as she handed the Pokemon its berry stick. The two managed to find a stick that Ragyo would actually like to chew on sometime after the third Taillow. "Now leave it be. It will recover soon." Lian told the Pokemon.

Happiny watched the two with some hesitation, even as she sat safely in her Trainer's arms. She looked up at Lian and gave a little coo of question. The human was unsure of what her Pokemon was trying to convey until a Water Gun hit her Fennekin in the back of the head. The Fire Fox Pokemon flipped end over end until she landed on her belly, fur soaked. Lian looked towards the source with a frown and saw a tiny blue mouse like Pokemon bounce its way over to the fallen bird. The Pokemon seemed to be seething, as it turned to fire off another water gun, though this one was trained in Lian.

Fennekin met the small torrent of water with one of fire, an Ember attack, then stood in front of her trainer protectively. "Thank you, Ragyo. Let's go, yeah?" Despite the type disadvantage, the Fox looked raring to go at the Blue Pokemon. Lian figured that it didn't appreciate the cheap shot. "Ragyo, use Echoed Voice." The Pokemon howled out a strange sound in response at the blue Pokemon, which went reeling back off of its bouncing tail. At the same time, Lian opened the pokedex to get a read on the Pokemon.

Azurill, the Polka Dot Pokemon. Azurill's tail is large and bouncy. It is packed full of the nutrients this Pokémon needs to grow. Azurill can be seen bouncing and playing on its big, rubbery tail.

"Interesting..." Lian murmured to herself before she brought her attention back to the battle. Despite her strength, Ragyo seemed to be have a very tough time against the Normal-Fairy type. Between its Water Gun and Bubble, Ragyo looked close to fainting. With a grunt, she called her Fennekin back and looked down at her Happiny. The Pokemon bounced in her arms, little pink stubbles reached out towards the tired Fire Fox. Lian was caught off guard when the Azurill fired off another Water Gun at the retreating fox Pokemon and instinctively dove to protect her Pokemon. " Ragyo!" She yelled before she was hit with the move in the chest. She couldn't help a wheeze of pain as she was driven to the ground alongside the air in her lungs. Happiny made an unhappy noise when the attack hit her human and bounced out of the protective arms. Azurill glared at its fellow Baby Pokemon and fired off a Bubble attack. Happiny waved her little arms and bounced repeatedly as the attack came, only for it to splash against a barrier almost harmlessly.

Lian watched with surprised wide eyes as she gasped for breath, "Light Screen?" The little Pokemon tucked her feet then rolled in place on the ground to gather and pack dirt around her body "Rollout too?" She asked herself. The Azurill shot a Water Gun in a panic, but it missed widely as the little boulder sped for it immediately. Azurill tried to dodge, but the builder followed it then slammed into it hard. The Azurill landed near Lian, whom quickly threw a poke ball at the weakened Azurill. It hit, then absorbed the Pokemon in its signature red light. It shook violently....once...twice...then stilled.

Lian gave a breathless laugh as her Happiny hopped its dirt covered body towards her human. She gathered the Pokemon against her, as well as her passed out Fire Fox. "How protective of you...I shall call you...Fate." The Pokemon smiled happily at her new name before the two Pokemon were returned to their poke balls. With a weary body and mind, Lian gathered up her new Azurill and trekked back to the Pokemon Center to get everyone healed up.

-----
Once her Pokemon were healed and she was considered good, Lian released the Azurill. The blue ball huffed angrily at its new trainer and tried to hit her with its tail. "Hey now, there's no need for that." She grunted. "LookAII'my sorry about your friend. But I made sure he wasn't burned or hurt. It wasn't like we hunted him, I promise!" She barely dodged the Water Gun aimed at her head. "Hey!" Her firm and loud voice made the Pokemon still at the force behind it. "Look. He challenged us. Ragyo wanted to accept it, so she did. I made sure that he didn't die! He could've been her dinner for all I know. So cool it with the attitude." Azurill's tail dropped slightly but it didn't try to attack her. Lian blew out a breath then kneeled to pet the Pokemon's ears. "I know it wasn't ideal...you didn't choose me. But I'm not sorry." The Pokemon seemed to huff at her. Lian sighed quietly as the Pokemon moved away from her hand. "Fine. Later then. For now, how about we go see the battles?" She asked as she picked up the baby Pokemon. She cradled it in her arms, even as it tried to squirm away while she signed herself up for a gym challenge. She managed to find a seat near the front just as a Spinda decimated a Chespin.

The two watched the next battle quietly and the Azurill's squirming ceased. It's eyes were set on the battle, on the Spinda, in interest. Lian was in her own mind, but she registered how still the Pokemon in her arms was. "Hm..."

Astrid took a bit of respect from Jay's answer. Astrid never did see the use of Pokemon Battles for thrill and beating down Pokemon as fun and personal gain, but more about growing stronger and learning with your Pokemon. Astrid looked down as she took in one of her deep thoughts.

"Jay, experimental battles aren't just for fun and personal gain." Astrid closed her eyes. "It's a serious job as a Pokemon Researcher to learn everything about a Pokemon, it's habitat, egg group, diets, abilities, moves, even how it can perform in battle under certain conditions. It's a harsh and tough job, but the researchers do their best to treat the Pokemon with upmost care and attention." She opened her eyes and looked at her notes and read them. "My experiment battles are something like that. It's a learning process for me and my Pokemon, learning what moves works best for a Pokemon and learning effective battle strategies in order to become better at Pokemon Battles in the future. I guess you can say it's sorta like training, but I want to learn more about Eevee and my future Pokemon and learn how they fight and how they act around other Pokemon too to help me understand Pokemon even further. And as Bee said, bond and become closer with my Pokemon." She continued watching the battle as Ben was getting ready to release his next Pokemon. Just then, a cute balloon Pokemon came out of the Pokeball. It's cuteness distracted Astrid from the conversation as her excitement started to bottle up inside of her.

IT'S SO CUTE! I WANNA TOUCH IT! Astrid was barely holding on to her excitement inside of her and could possibly burst at any moment, but she managed to get it under control for now. But the battle didn't last long as the balloon Pokemon failed miserably with Spinda.

So Ben didn't stand a chance. Just like me. Astrid was a tad disappointed at the thought of Ben losing. Just then, Bee got up and left the spectator area. "Leving so soon? Alright. Take care. Hope to see you later." Astrid smiled as she waved bye to her. "So now what Jay? Now that the battle is over do you want to meet up with Atlas and talk to him pr what else do you have in mind." She asked Jay what he had in mind. She noticed another girl closer to the arena, sitting down in the spectator seats. Is she watching or is she challenging Professor Atlas to a match?

Alvin~Numera Hills

"All right, let's get to work you two!" Alvin told his two Pokemon. He had walked around for a little while, but could not find any Pidgey, so he set to training his own Pokemon on the local wildlife. Specifically, a Ratatta chasing it's tail in a field a few yards away. Alvin quickly scanned the Pokemon to see what moves they knew, then said "All right, Torchic, you Scratch, and Lillipup, you Tackle. Wait for my mark, then go when I say 'Go' all right?" The two made noises confirming, then Alvin started counting "1...2..." but before he could say three, Lillipup jumped out of the bush the trio were hiding in and Tackled the Ratatta, taking it out with just another Tackle. "Bark Bark!" it sounded off happily, but Alvin was not amused "Lillipup, you need to work with Torchic here, I cannot have you running off on your own like that!" The puppy made a whimper, and slowly walked back to Alvin. "Don't beat yourself up Lillipup, you just need to follow instructions and you'll be fine."

It was at that point that a Pidgey landed on a tree near the group. "Pid!" it sounded off, making Alvin notice it and smile. He then told his two Pokemon quietly. "All right, I need you two to jump up those branches and wham that Pidgey, try to go from two sides so that he can't escape!" The two agreed, and jumped up the branches, one after the next until they were next to the Pidgey. Suddenly, they both leaped from their branches, intending to Scratch and Tackle respectively...and then the bird Pokemon flew off and the two crashed into each other with their attacks! They then slammed onto the ground. Alvin grimaced at the collision, surely that cannot have been good for their health. He rushed over to them to make sure they were okay, and fortunately they were, if a bit worse for wear.

What followed was a long string of abysmal failures to harm the Pidgey, usually preceded with a "Catch that Pidgey!" from Alvin. Trying to hit it while it was near the pond getting water ended up with both Pokemon taking a swim. Chasing it across the plains resulted in it simply lodging in a high plateau that the Pokemon couldn't reach. Attempting to ambush it led to a successful hit, but also a swarm of Pidgey pecking the living daylights out of the team. Chasing the Pidgey into the cavern resulted in a rather angry Ursaring chasing everybody. Overall, it was an absolute mess trying to capture the Pidgey and so, defeated, Alvin sat down on a rock near the river.

He saw another Pidgey, but didn't bother chasing it this time, knowing that his team was getting worn out from the repeated failed excursions. He instead opened up his Pokedex to at least register the darn thing. "Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. A common sight in forests and woods. It flaps its wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand." Naturally, a second later the Pidgey flapped its wings sending sand into Alvin's eyes. "I officially hate Pidgey now." he said, incredibly annoyed by then. He set his Pokedex down on the ground next to him, then tried to wash the sand off his face.

It was then that he heard some flapping, but he dismissed it as another Pidgey trying to mess with his head. At least until he realized his Pokedex was gone! Off in the distance, a certain Chatot laughed, then held the Pokedex high before taking off at high speed! "H-Hey wait a minute! Get back here!" he said, he and his Pokemon chasing down the Chatot. The chase took the trio through dense forest, a part with a lot of sharp rocks, and a lot of territory that would be rather scenic for a nature lover. Eventually, the Chatot reached a spot further upstream, and held the Pokedex above the water to taunt Alvin. "Now now, there's no need to do that!" Alvin said, trying to appease the Chatot. Chatot shrugged, and dropped it in the river, short circuiting it and ruining it.

Alvin's rage boiled inside of him. Here he was, trying to capture one Pokemon, and this Chatot of all things was making his day even worse! Now he'd have to beg the Professor for another Pokedex right after he had been given it! Alvin could not keep his cool, and looked at the Chatot with a fire in his eyes, saying "Guys...we're not going after Pidgey anymore". "Uh oh..." the Chatot said, realizing he may have pushed the human too far. The kid, unable to contain his rage any longer, yelled at the top of his lungs

"AFTER THAT CHATOT!"

"Squawk!" the Chatot let out before flying away from the crazed teenager and his Pokemon.

Jay listened to Astrid's explanation about the experimental battles and he somewhat felt a tad better to hear her reasoning. "I understand since it's apart of becoming a Researcher." He nodded to the red head and gave a kind smile to Eevee who watched Astrid carefully. The blue haired guy turned his attention toward the battle below and watched as the second match ended so quickly. His uncle Atlas was a good battler and he couldn't help, but feel a bit impressed by his win. As long as those pokemon are healed immediately, then maybe that wasn't so bad... Jay thought as he tried to lighten the uncomfortable feeling that persisted within him about the battle.

"See you, and I wish you good luck on your travels." Jay said to Bee as she left to rejoin Ben on the arena. He turned to look at Astrid who asked them what they'd do next. "I definitely would like to know my uncle's reason for inviting us here." A chime on his pokegear reminded him that he had a voice message and he switched it on.

"Excuse me-" He said to Astrid before playing his mother's message, "Jay! If you're still in town, I just wanted to remind you of the festival that takes place this afternoon! The festival is a great chance to meet other trainers, spend time with loved ones, and eat great food before you leave Numera. I'd like to see you one last time before you have to go.... I miss you already, my little blue jay. I'll be at the Pokemon History Exhibit visting a good friend if you want to meet me beforehand. Hope to see you, bye."

Jay cringed at his mother calling him "little blue jay" and hoped Astrid missed that part since the message played aloud. He remembered seeing the townspeople setting up stands and decorations near the festival site and he was always interested in festivities. "Want to go?" Jay asked Astrid with a short smile.

As Beatrice approached, Robbin slammed his fist on the dirt in defeat which caused a stinging pain to jolt throught his hand. When she spoke to him, Robbin just kept his eyes to the arena floor as he sat with Igglybuff unconscious in his lap. Shame began to rise within the purple haired kids core and he needed to get away.

"Alright? I SUCKED...." Robbin responded to the girl and he felt the anger beginning to build. He immediately jumped to his feet and sprinted off of the arena in humiliation. On the way off, he tripped on an edge and fell down on the steps. He landed on his bare ribs with a painful blow, and he yelped before getting back up to sprint out of the gym in added embarrassment. Once outside, Robbin attemped to kick over the nearest bench, but it withstood the kick with ease since it was bolted to the concrete.

Robbin gave a low growl in anger before he felt the tears that he quickly smacked away before they'd fall. He made his way back to the pokemon center and handed over Igglybuff and Chespin's pokeball to Nurse Joy. Robbin walked over to the nearest wall and began bumping his head against it in self disappointment.

I'm not good enough to get one badge.... how will I get the other badges? Bee saw me lose, and I look like a weakling now. The boy tormented himself in his mind and continued to bump his head. She's better off by herself. The Talent show was far from his mind, but it would soon start.

Prof. Atlas returned Spinda to the pokeball and was going to have a talk with "Ben" until he ran off. The professor made his way toward the steps and spoke to Beatrice, "He'll just need a little more training. Tell him that he's welcome to challenge me again when he's ready. Best wishes to you both." Prof. Atlas gave a warm smile to the green haired girl and walked up the steps to meet with his nephew and Astrid.

"What'd you think?" Prof. Atlas asked them both and Jay just responded with an unsure stare. "You see, battling allows you to prepare and strengthen your pokemon in ways that other training can't. Wild pokemon are unpredictable and regular training won't be enough for your pokemon to defend themselves effectively if needed." The Professor looked over them both carefully and then continued, "There may come a time when danger presents itself and you have to do whatever it takes to protect yourselves."

"Wow, you were spot on." Jay said to Astrid as he remembered her guess to him. "Should've guessed it myself, but I wasn't counting on running into trouble." Jay let out a small chuckle before becoming serious again. "I understand that reasoning, but I believe I can find a way to prepare my pokemon from harm without battling." Or so he thought for now. He'd keep what his uncle had to say in the back of his mind though in case there was no other choice, but to try and battle.

"I won't push you to try it, but I think you'll come to realize that battling isn't as detrimental to pokemon as you believe." The Professor gave Jay and Astrid a smile before he spotted another girl in the stands. He turned his attention to the girl with an Azurill and questioned her, "Are you my next challenger?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.