Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ok-ok!.." Robbin said as Igglybuff squeezed his neck with her loving hug. "That's good...." Robbin said as nicely as he could while taking Igglybuff and holding her out in front of him. The mushiness was too much for him, but he was glad that she accepted his apology. Igglybuff gave a cute smile to Robbin and snuggled into his chest when he brought her in to hold her.

Jay and their mother Sapphia crossed Robbin's mind for a moment when Bee mentioned family. Robbin couldn't go see his mom or else she'd jeopardize his journey, and Jay was off on his own journey. Jay was the last person he needed to run into by accident - He was like Robbin's secondary father, and Robbin didn't need anyone to try and stop him.

Robbin held onto his shoulder that stung with pain, but handled it like a champ. That's when Chespin crossed his mind and he knew he'd better go to the Pokemon center as well. "Chespin needs healed too! See you there!" Robbin replied and ignored Bee's comment about family, as he raced toward town.

The Pokemon Center was two stories with automatic sliding glass doors and a nice looking balcony on the second floor. The lower level was where Pokemon could be healed and trainers could rest, and the second level was a Pokemart where trainers could buy useful things for their journeys. Robbin entered into the cool temperatured building and went straight for Nurse Joy and her Clefable assistant.

Robbin placed Chespin's pokeball on a tray that Nurse Joy held out and she responded with a pleasant smile, "We'll heal your pokemon right up! It'll just take a second." Nurse Joy placed the pokeball into the healing machine while Clefable closed the glass top. After a catchy jingle and sparkle of the pokeball, the nurse took out the pokeball and offered it on the tray for Robbin.

"'Preciate it." Robbin said taking the pokeball and walking over to sit on one of the couches for a short rest. Igglybuff slept in his lap as Robbin lifted his arms to stretch with a yawn. As he stretched his arms he accidentally hit a Spritzee that was hovering near it's trainer. Spritz! Spritzee's chirped in a startled manner. This alerted her trainer, a pretty girl around Robbin's age, who turned to see what happened.

Jolesa's Appearance

"My bad...." Robbin said quickly, yet was annoyed himself since his stretch was interrupted.

"Watch where you're stretching, please." The fancy looking girl said with an offended, yet somewhat polite tone. She noticed Igglybuff sleeping in Robbin's lap and her tone changed. "Oh my gosh! She's adorable." The girl said in a quiet excitement. "Are you entering her into the Talent show?" She leaned in close to Robbin and stared at Igglybuff in Robbin's lap.

Robbin was uncomfortable with her closeness, and leaned back to have his space. "Aye, scoot back wouldya?" The girl with the Spritzee sat back in her original place properly and giggled. "Talent show? And what's so funny?"

"It's not like I have cooties...." The blonde girl with the Spritzee said with another giggle. "Anyways, you obviously aren't competing for the Cutie Ribbon then." She gave her Spritzee a rub and then looked back at Robbin.

Just then, Bee arrived and Robbin called over to her, "Yo Bee! I'll be over here."

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Pokemon Park, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]As Eevee jumped into the water, Froakie eyed him carefully. Astrid's Eevee just stared at him and Froakie stepped back to be startled by his own splash. Froakie sprang into the air and landed on the side of the fountains second level. Froa. The timid blue frog croaked and watched everyone below.

"Looks like Froakie is shy in general." Jay said after witnessing Froakie's behavior. "Thanks for trying at least." Jay said to Eevee and offered it a rice ball from his backpack. Jay took off his beanie and ran his fingers through his silvery blue hair. He heard Astrid's comment about wishes and it was the same as he felt. "Neither do I. Thought I'd do it for a bit of fun." He smiled to himself and then heard what she said next about seeing his brother, "Yeah, I'm sure."

"When my father and brother left, I felt pretty lonely. Then one day, I found a young Vulpix who had lost it's way." Jay looked off into the sparkling waters of the fountain again as he spoke. "Vulpix was shaking and lonely himself. I helped him find his family again, because I understood how he felt. From there on out, I started to help other pokemon as well. As I did this more and more, I realized that I felt passionate about taking care of pokemon." Jay looked to Astrid with a self assured nod.

"I wished for Froakie to open up to me. How about you?" The blue haired guy asked, curious about the red head's wish. As he waited for her reply, he thought of where he'd go next. His uncle Atlas wanted he and Astrid to stop by the new Gym. It's opening was today and Prof. Atlas wanted them to go along with the townspeople to make the new Gym leader feel welcome. Even though Jay didn't agree with Gym battling, he decided that he would go out of respect for his uncle. [/fieldbox]

"Oh- alright!" Chespin was probably in worse condition anyway, so it was best if he did go on ahead and take care of his own Pokemon as well as himself. Bee figured that was probably why he ran off so quickly. "See you there..." She was about to follow when she heard some rustling in a tree behind her, followed by a "Slaaak..." .

The green haired trainer slowly turned to look at the tree, confusion clearly written upon her face. She curiously took a step closer to the tree, and this time, she heard a "Koth." come from within the branches. Perplexed, she approached the tree, only to end up standing underneath to branches, gazing up through the leaves in an attempt to find the source of the noise. This resulted in a lump of shaggy brown fur landing on her face and knocking her to the ground.

"Hey! What's the big-" She opened her eyes to see what had just fallen on her, only to see some kind of Pokémon. "And just what are you supposed to be?" Bee asked the Pokémon as she reached for her Pokedex, which was in a side pocket on her backpack. Mental note, keep it in my jacket pocket instead. It wasn't as easy to reach the device as she had thought it would be. As soon as she got it, she scanned the Pokémon, then listened to the information on it. "Slakoth, huh? Alright. You're supposed to live in forests, so what are you doing out here?" She stood up and tried to pick up the Pokémon, but it had wrapped its arms around her neck. "Is there a problem?" The sloth Pokémon didn't reply, and instead looked away, over the town houses. Again, Bee tried to pull it off so she could put it back in its tree, but to no avail. "You know what? Forget it. I need to get to the Pokémon center. Then I can take you to a forest with all your other Slakoth friends, ok?" She pat the Slakoth on its head, then left the same way Robbin had just a few minutes prior.

The Pokémon Center was easy enough to spot, though she had been there earlier to get directions to Professor Atlas's lab. Before she walked inside, she found a tree close to the building and walked over to it. "Could you just hang out in this tree for a few minutes? I need to take care of Treecko and a few other things, but I'll be right back out to get you." She went to pick up the Slakoth to put it in the tree, and this time it let her do so. Bee turned to walk away. "Slaak..." She turned around to look at the furry Pokémon, which was in the lower branches. "I told you, I'll be back to take you to the woods. Shadowveil's honor. For whatever that's worth." She smirked and gave a mock salute, then continued on into the Pokémon Center.

She heard Robbin call out from where he was sitting with Igglybuff, as well as a young girl and her Pokémon, and Bee just gave a "OK" hand symbol and made her way to the front desk where Nurse Joy and her Clefable were. She smiled at the nurse, then spoke. "Hello. Could you please heal my Pokémon?" She asked, taking Treecko's Pokeball out of her pocket. Nurse Joy held out a tray and smiled. "Of course." Bee placed her Pokeball on the tray, and she went though the same process of healing Treecko. "Thank you." Bee picked up Treecko's Pokeball from the tray held out to her and put the ball in her pocket. She walked over to where Robbin was sitting and sat. "Hey. I'm assuming everything has gone well?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why would I want some cutesy ribbon?" The purple haired boy said with an offensive tone. "I'm a man. Are you blind? Who are you anyway?"

The girl giggled louder than the first time and she spoke between giggles, "Oh, right... Not like your Igglybuff would win against my Spritzee anyway." Robbin became angered by her giggling and statement and he was going to say something til Bee walked up. Spritzee gave a confident look and flew a circle around the couch with ease.

"Aye Bee, yeah I guess." Robbin replied while his shoulder still burned, and he glared at the girl with her Spritzee.

Spritzee perched onto the blonde girls arm gracefully as she outstretched it and then introduced herself, "I'm Jolesa from Lovewood town. Who might you be?"

"Nevermind that- Where is this Talent thingy at? You're going down!" Robbin gave the girl another glare and crossed his arms which caused him to wince in pain. This girl challenged him, and he wasn't going to turn down a challenge regardless of what it was about. "I'll win that stupid ribbon and then rip it up in front of your face for fun."

"Why would you do that?" Jolesa's face was surprised by his threat. "Do you know how many trainers would love to have that ribbon?" She just ignored the thought and then held back yet another giggle. "Why do I care anyway? It's not like you'll win." Jolesa stood to leave and informed him before she left, "The competition takes place at the Festival Hall. You better hurry and sign up if you want to compete. I wouldn't bother tho." She gave a wink to the purple haired boy before walking out of the center.

Robbin just rolled his eyes as she left and looked down at Igglybuff in his lap who was lightly snoring. "Might as well give it a go." The purple haired boy looked to Bee and held out his grass pokemon's pokeball that was resting in his hand. "Chespin's all healed up. Wanna watch me destroy her?" Robbin asked Bee with an evil grin, reffering to Jolesa. She had left a pamphlet on the couch and Robbin leaned over to read it. "Looks like it starts in half an hour. There's time to check out the gym!"

Last edited:
She simply watched the argument develop between the two trainers, though as it went on, Bee found the Spritzee's trainer a bit arrogant, to the point that it irritated her. The older trainer noticed that Robbin had winced when he crossed his arms, which made her worry that he had gotten hurt at some point, but he didn't seem too concerned with it, so she put the thought out of her mind. Soon the trainer, Jolesa, got up and left, and Robbin was ready to join that competition she had been talking about.

"That's good. Sure, I wouldn't mind watching you knock her off her high Rapidash., and Igglybuff would be great for it." Bee leaned back on the couch and folded her hands behind her head. As much as she loved competitions, she wasn't really one for cutesy stuff. "Half an hour?" Based on her experience, that could go by either really quickly or slowly. She chewed on the thought for a moment, pulling off her hat to gently punch the inside. "Yeah, I don't see why we couldn't check out the Gym, but we'll have to be careful not to miss the contest, and it'd probably be a good idea to sign up or register or whatever before we do." She sat up and pulled her hat back on. "Let's go." Bee stood up, then remembered Slakoth. She turned her head to look at Robbin. "Oh, yeah. Uh... I need to make a quick stop before we go to the gym, but it won't take that long." She told the kid before continuing to the doors.

The green haired trainer shielded her eyes as she walked out of the Pokémon Center, then went to the tree where she had left Slakoth. Sure enough, the Pokémon was right where she had left it, snoozing. Bee stood up on her toes and picked up the sloth Pokémon as gently as she could, then held it like she had earlier. "It fell out of a tree after our battle, but it's a bit far away from the woods, so I thought I'd take it there." Bee explained. She felt that it'd probably be helpful explain how she had managed to acquire a Slakoth between the area behind the town houses and the Pokémon Center. "Ready to check out the Gym? Or do you think you'll sign up for that talent show first?" She asked, readjusting her hold on the mass of fur she was carrying.

Alvin

Alvin waited outside for Lian to finish buying the books, then started headed to the Pokemon Mart. Or at least he would have, if he knew where to find it. "Where is this mart, I certainly don't see any buildings with blue rooftops around here..." He scratched his head, looking around for a while before deciding to ask somebody in the Pokemon Center. Once he got inside though, he found a sign inside leading upstairs to the Pokemart. Feeling rather stupid, he looked at Lian, gave a big grin and said "Ah...Yep I knew it was here all the time, just testing ya!"

Lian set the books in her bag before she followed Alvin quietly. Her Fennekin was still settled in her arms, snuggled up ahaknst her chest and fast asleep.

The heiress smirked when Alvin got lost, but kept her teases to a miniumum. When they finally found the pokemart, Lian made her way tk the Nurse on duty to get the Happiny checked out. She released the tiny pokemone whom immediately jumped into her arms and snuggled into both her and her Fennekin. Lian smiled gently at the two sleepy pokemon before she carefully handed them both to the nurse.

"Right." She teased Alvin.

"Sweet!" Robbin exclaimed, yet it clearly did not wake Igglybuff whom seemed to be in a deep slumber with her continuous little snores. "Yep, that's what I said." Robbin replied when she repeated the time of the show. He stood as Bee sat up and was ready when she said "Let's go."

Bee mentioned some sort of side errand that she needed to do on the way out of the Pokemon center. He was cool with that, as long as they made it to the gym. The sunlight caused Robbin's eyes to squint as he exited the building. Bee walked to a tree that had a pokemon in it that Robbin had never seen before. "What is that thing?" Robbin looked at the strange looking pokemon and watched as Bee picked it up without caution.

Robbin's head tilted like a curious puppy dog and commented toward the lazy fur creature, "Looks funny looking."

"Sounds sorta like when Igglybuff slammed into my face...."
Robbin mentioned before Bee asked him where they'd go. "Better sign up first like you said."

The Festival Hall was only a few blocks away from the Pokemon center. It was a marvelous looking building with lots of windows that allowed great views over Numera town from the inside. They entered into the fancy lobby with beautifully tiled floors and a golden chandeliere. The waiting area was filled with fancy couches and a bar area to watch flat screened televisions. On the side, there was even a frozen yogurt bar with so many delicious flavors to choose from. On each side of the front desk were two neat looking entrances that led into the auditorium. Robbin walked up to the desk and was offered a sheet to sign by an elderly lady who was dressed young for her age.

"The icecream free?" Robbin asked about the frozen yogurt to the old lady who just laughed and called him cute before turning back to work. "I'll take that as a- yes?" The purple haired kid eased over to the machines and helped himself to a Grape and Peanutbutter flavored frozen yogurt as the clerk wasn't looking. He topped it with some gummy Teddiursas and then grabbed a purple spoon.

When they left the hall, Robbin spoke again after taking a bite of the fro-yo. His eyes lit up as he enjoyed the flavors before the words finally came out, "How's Treecko?" Robbin missed seeing Bee's starter pokemon and he was secretly a little envious of Bee for having him.

Not even a second after Robbin asked about Treecko, something else grabbed his attention. Igglybuff, who was now awake, hung onto his shoulders sleepily as Robbin came back with a missing person flyer. "I know of him. He was an older kid at my school."

The picture was of a boy with silver hair and pale green eyes. "I wonder where he is?.." Robbin thought aloud to Bee.

Last edited:
Alvin
"Yes I know I'm right!" Alvin teased back. As Alvin looked around the Pokemon Center, he saw the place bustling with many different trainers. It was actually quite loud in there with a lot of conversation going on. He wondered why the place was so crowded, when he saw a notice on the electronic billboard behind the counter. "Blessed Beginner's Gym Opening in 5 Minutes!"

"Wow, they're starting rather late today." Alvin said. "I wonder what's going on? Perhaps they were renovating the place today?" He then thought to himself for a moment. If he wanted powerful Pokemon to guide him to the treasure, perhaps the best way would be to enroll in the gym program. Heck if he was lucky he could even get into the Pokemon League! If nothing else, it would be a good yard stick by which to tell how his Pokemon were doing.

With that in mind, he started to head up the stairs and went to the counter. On the wall behind the counter stood several somewhat large boxes. Alvin was rather nervous, as they looked rather heavy to lift and carry on a Pokemon journey, but then reasoned that they must come packed with a backpack or something. He asked the cashier to bring him one of the Beginner's Kits, and he paid for it, pretty much draining what little money he had left. Alvin grumbled to himself, then tried to comfort himself by saying he could get more money from beating other trainers. Alvin briefly thought about challenging Lian to a battle to get some funds, but he shook his head, as that would just be silly. He then noticed that Lian had been shopping this whole time as well, so he went over to her and asked "So, what kinda Pokemon do you plan to get anyways? I know I'm getting a Metagross, those things are so cool!"

Lian​
While Nurse Joy looked over her Pokemon, Lian began to shop for supplies. She hummed quietly to herself as she browsed through the store's selection of healing items. Rather than paying for the full kit--which was insanely expensive--she decided to buy only the essentials: potions and status cures. Then she bought a set of pokeballs.

She was on a bench as she read her book when Alvin reappeared. She looked up at him when he randomly began to talk. It took her a few seconds to register his words before she replied. "I have several different ideas, but I plan on finding a Honedge in the next town."

The fox Pokemon looked down in disappointment as the frog Pokemon jumped away from the area into a higher level of the fountain. "Eeveeee..." The Pokemon was about to cry, until Jay gave Eevee a rice ball from his backpack. Eevee's sad face became a happy one in a quick second. "Eevee!" The fox Pokemon jumped up on the fountain side and started eating it.

Astrid, impressed with Jay's way of treating Pokemon, smiled. "You're welcome. Thanks for helping out Eevee." Astrid looked at Eevee as it was enjoying its meal. "Froakie seems like a shy Pokemon. It's very cautious with both Pokemon and people. I assume that Froakie's nature is careful." Astrid sat down and pushed her huge red fluffy hair behind her to get some air behind her head.

"Interesting how one event helps out lead to our destiny." Astrid looked up in the sky. "To be honest, I didn't really care for Pokemon in the past. I was more interested in reading books about fictional stories and becoming a writer. But one event changed my path from a writer, to a Pokemon Researcher, well, one of the events really." Astrid closed her eyes. "I think this was my destiny I was looking for." Astrid looked back at Eevee and Froakie as they were doing their things.

"You wanna know my wish?" Astrid winked. "Well...Alright." She giggled for a bit, then looked at Jay with a serious expression on her face.

"My wish...Is to become a student of the greatest Female Pokemon Researcher, Professor Pine." She continued. "Professor Pine was actually a student to Professor Juniper a long time ago before any of us were even born. She discovered many fascinating inventions and discoveries that people gave her the title of 'World's Most Renowned Pokemon Professor'. Professor Pine is a respectful and dedicated researcher. Some of the researchers told me that Professor Pine would be interested in finding potential Pokemon Researchers to teach her abilities to, but she hasn't found one worthy of that training yet. I wanna be the one that Professor Pine teaches so I can become one of the best researchers of our time and achieve perhaps my greatest goal."

Astrid took a second to look at her silver necklace with a Pokeball on it. The necklace shined brightly in the sunlight and it could accidently blind someone if they looked at it at the right distance. "I got the chance to meet her in person and got this necklace as a gift. Now I want the chance to become her disciple." She clenched her hands into a fist and looked at Jay with enthusiasm. "And i'll be stronger than who I am now when that time comes." She unclenched her fist and gave Jay a soft smile. "Well that's about it. Thanks for listening." Astrid thought about what to do in town before going out on her adventure. Perhaps buy some potions and some notebooks to write down her notes alongside some pens since some of hers are about dead.

"It was my pleasure." Jay said to Astrid with a half smile. He was pleased that he could help Eevee feel better. "I thought the same. That or either Bashful or Timid." Jay thought over the possibilities and wondered which nature Eevee was. He hadn't seen Eevee's behavior enough to tell quite yet.

"With a little more time and observation, Froakie's true nature will be clear. A pokemon's nature can sometimes be misjudged at first. Only when they are adjusted and comfortable will the answer be apparent." Jay looked to the red head with interested eyes while he swirled one of his hands in the cool fountain water. He was curious to know about the events that made her want to become a Researcher. Before he could ask, she began to tell him about her wish.

Astrid clearly thought highly of Professor Pine and he turned his head to smile as she became passionate with her words. He looked carefully at her pokeball necklace and thought it looked nice at it shined in the light, though it blinded him a little. "Professor Pine sounds pretty brilliant. I've heard of her before, but I've never met her myself. It's great that you have a clear goal." Jay said to her when she finished.

"You sure will. This journey will teach us a lot-" Jay hesitated and realized that he didn't say "our journeys". He said it as if it was a journey they'd share together. "Your uh- welcome." Jay stood from the fountain and looked away as if distracted. Suddenly he felt pretty shy and he didn't know what to say. He rubbed his shoulder and coughed.

Jay cringed at the short silence and then forced himself to speak, "Uncle wanted me to stop by the gym, so I will." The blue haired guy thought over what he'd say next and then just took a deep breath and asked, "Would you like to go with me?" He exhaled quickly and looked away shyly. Jay acted as if he was really looking toward Froakie in an attempt to play his shyness off. He also did this to distract himself from the nerves that were eating at him.

[fieldbox="Gym Opening, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]A crowd of townspeople stood outside the Numera town Gym and focused their attention on a small stage in front of the gym. An announcer with a hat that belonged on a mayor began to speak "I am pleased to introduce the Gym Leader of Numera town's very first Gym. Please welcome your new Gym leader!"

From behind the Gym, a Spring formed Sawsbuck galloped around with the new leader on it's back. Behind Sawsbuck's flowery horns, was an all too familiar face that made people gasp. The whole crowd became silent and then applauded in excited approval as Professor Atlas stepped down from his deer pokemon.

The Professor walked onto the stage and spoke a few words, "I am grateful to be serving as Epica's leading Professor and Numera's new Gym leader. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms and allowing me to fufill my secondary childhood dream. This Gym leader role will not take away from my lab duties---"

Atlas continued on talking about the lab and gym hours as well as with the rest of his speech. The crowd applauded again and the professor waved to everyone with a wam smile. Jay (and possibly Astrid) had made it just in time to witness everything and Jay could not believe what he was witnessing. He now knew the real reason why his uncle wanted him there.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Bee whistled as they walked into the Festival Hall. It certainly was nice; definitely much fancier than she had thought it was going to be. While Robbin went to sign up, Bee hung back and looked around, trying to take in as much as she could of the building. Standing there with the furry Slakoth in her arms made her feel a bit out of place, though gawking at everything probably wasn't helping much.

Fortunately, Robbin came back after a few minutes. With frozen yogurt, nonetheless. "Oh, sweet." She commented at the sight of the frozen treat, then she followed Robbin out, now looking forward to seeing the Gym opening.

The younger trainer asked about Treecko as they walked. "Oh, he's alright. Nurse Joy took care of him." Bee shifted the Slakoth to her left arm and pulled Treecko's Pokeball out of her pocket to show it to Robbin. "I'll probably let him out after we see the Gym. I've noticed he has a tendency to run off." She looked up to see that Robbin had walked off while she was talking, and returned with a missing person poster, saying that he knew the person. "Oh, you did?" The green haired trainer closely observed the picture, then shook her head. "I'm sure wherever he is, he's alright." She tried to reassure him.

"Good eyes." Astrid gave Jay a slight compliment. "A Pokemon's personality aren't something you can fully pick up at the first sign. While they might shows signs of being impish, further investigating that Pokemon's personality can actually reveal that he is not being impish, but being naughty." She looked at Eevee and put her finger to her mouth. "If I had to guess from what i've noticed, Eevee could be Jolly, Modest, or Gentle, but I need more time with Eevee to really determine Eevee's personality." Astrid itched the back of her head as it was annoying her. Eevee just finished the meal in front of Astrid and Jay.

"Eevee!" The Pokemon cried in joy. Eevee got out of the Fountain and into the ground, with it's legs all wet from being in the fountain's water.

"While I would've been a Pokemon Researcher and a Pokemon Professor in the future without meeting her, This meeting only strengthened my interest in achieving those goal." Astrid said as she looked to Jay with a smile. "Jay, maybe you should search for smaller goals to help achieve your goal to becoming a Pokemon Caretaker." Astrid spoke out in a loud voice, but not loud enough for everyone to hear. "Find goals that you can achieve while you work your way at becoming a Pokemon Caretaker. Like forming a powerful bond with Froakie or improving your skills by taking care of hard and tough Pokemon or meeting someone who is a legend of being a Pokemon Caretaker. Something like that will help you become stronger as you chase after your goals." She shortly inhaled some of the oxygen as she tries to catch her breath.

Astrid sat down and grabbed her knees and held them up to herself. "Yeah...We're both going to find alot of new things on these adventures. Discovering even new things that we all didn't know previously. We're definitely going to be finding alot of stuff together..." Astrid realized what she said and tried to correct herself. "...with others as we travel in groups with other trainers from this town too." She laughed it off. She quickly felt a bit embarrassed, but she shrugged it off quickly after feeling a bit embarrassed. She almost asked as if it would be just her and Jay going together on their adventures and experiencing wonderful things with just the two of them. While this is something she wouldn't mind, she preferred to have more people to join her and Jay to make it a awesome and fun adventure.

"Oh yeah, Professor Atlas told me about that yesterday. I was thinking about going there too to see this so called new gym leader." She smiled with a wide smile. "Let's go. I wanna see what Atlas is talking about." She got up and followed Jay to the Gym Leader's place alongside with Eevee.

Numera Gym Leader Building

Astrid got there as the new Gym Leader was giving a speech, who was none other than Astrid's teacher, Professor Atlas. Astrid had a disappointing, but yet a happy expression on her face.

I knew it. I figured it was him. He should've hidden his Gym Acceptance Letter better while I was cleaning his office yesterday. She was happy with Professor Atlas and gave a soft smile looking at her mentor. Eevee looked at Astrid with a smile and looked around the whole building, admiring the amount of people and the design of the building.

"If I guessed myself from the little I've seen of Eevee, I would say Eevee appears to be Gentle." Jay looked over the furry fox and thought about the reason why. "Eevee seems to be tender toward others, and is sensitive to how they are feeling." Jay let out a quiet chuckle as Eevee was happy to be out of the water.

Jay listened carefully to what Astird told him about next and took it all in before finally responding, "That's smart, and it's just what I intend to do." As the blue haired teen said this, he looked up at Froakie who was still watching them carefully on the side of the fountain. "Froakie will be a challenge, and I can't imagine trying to manage a whole team."

"I'll have to learn if I want to start living my dream." Jay smiled to himself and then returned Froakie to his pokeball. He looked down at the ball and continued talking, "I wasn't interested in becoming a trainer until I learned that I needed to in order to achieve my goal. That's why I started so late."

The older teen looked toward the red headed trainer with his teal eyes and then spoke again, "To be honest, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life until someone asked me what I was passionate about a few years ago. Took me some time to think about, but then I realized caring for pokemon is what I did all along."

Jay was kinda surprised at how easily Astrid accepted his invitation and he felt relieved as she got up to walk with him. When they made it to the gym, Jay was shocked that the leader introduced was no other than his own uncle. The blue haired guy was speechless for a few minutes, but then finally spoke up, "Well I'm happy for him." While he didn't agree with gym battles, he would still be supportive of his uncles dreams. That's when Prof. Atlas spotted them from a distance and waved before making his way over.

"Jay and Astrid, I'm glad you came! It looks like the two of you finally became friends." Prof. Atlas gave them both a welcoming grin while rubbing the space between Sawsbuck's muzzle and eyes. "I'm pleased to see that you two are traveling together." Sawsbuck just chewed on a leaf and stared blankly at Astrid and Jay.

"uhhhh. We're not exactly traveling together. We just came together-" Jay looked to Astrid awkwardly and then said quickly, "I mean.. unless you want to?"

-----------------------------------------------
"Yup! Yeah, he'll show up." Robbin replied optimistically about the missing kid. He finished off the frozen yogurt with a lick of his lips and tipped the bowl to drink what had melted. The purple haired boy let out an ear ringing belch and then tossed his trash in the nearby bin. "Let's go see the gym already."

Robbin led the way from the Festival Hall toward the gym and was going to walk the quickest way passed the Pokemon Park until he spotted his brother's familiar blue hair. Robbin quickly dove behind the Ash statue to hide and then peeked behind Ash's stone leg to see Jay walking with the veggie head girl he had seen before.

After waving over Bee, Robbin spoke up, "I thought I saw a rare candy over here in the grass! You know-- I know a funner way to the gym." Robbin walked toward the otherside of the Grand museum where the Monument square was. The real reason for going this way was to avoid making contact with Jay.

At Monument Square, there were statues of all the known legendary pokemon with Arceus in the middle. Robbin nonchalantly walked through the square as he kept thinking about bumping into his older brother by accident. He had been to the square many times before growing up, so he was use to the wonderous sight. They made it to the end and Robbin was ready to run toward the crowd until he spotted his uncle who walked off stage after making a speech about running the gym.

"Wuttt?!" Robbin let out in a gasp of exclamation at the sight of his uncle as Gym leader.

The shocked boy spun around and knew he had to buy himself time to figure out what to do. "WHAT- is this super cool pokemon I just spied?" He acted as if the statue was the reason for his first exclamation. The statue was of the well known Mewtwo that Robbin really already knew of. "Isn't it so cool...." Robbin said to Bee with his best fake, yet unnerved smile. He tried to keep Bee's attention off of the Gym.

Robbin's mind was racing with ideas, but he was drawing a blank on this one. How would he explain why he had Chespin, and how would he obtain the first badge without Professor Atlas knowing?

Last edited:
"Yeah, sounds good." Bee followed Robbin to the Gym, eager to see if it was anything like the one she grew up with, or if it was completely different. Either way, she figured it'd probably be really cool. The older trainer looked around as they made their way to the Gym, still noticing different things on her now fourth time through this Square. "I wonder what Pokémon the Gym Leader will have..." She mused, thining that Robbin would have some kind of reply. When he didn't say anything, she looked to where he had been walking, only to see he wasn't there anymore.

"Robbin?" She looked around for the younger trainer, a bit confused as to where he could have disappeared to so quickly. The missing person came to mind for a moment, but she dismissed that idea. Maybe he had just wandered off. First Treecko, then Robbin's Pokémon, now Robbin. Who's next? Slakoth? Well, okay, probably not Slakoth. It was a bit difficult to imagine the Pokémon doing anything besides laying around and sleeping. Bee turned around again while she caught a movement out of the corner of her eye, which turned out to be Robbin, ducking behind the Ash statue. She joined him behind the statue, then proceeded to ask, "What's going on?"

It turned out that he thought he had found a rare candy. "Not so much, I'm guessing?" Then the younger trainer suggested taking a different route to the Gym. "Oh, but I don't think that's-" Robbin seemed set in his decision, however, and started along this new way. "Oh..." Bee looked at her watch, and after deciding that they still had plenty of time, reluctantly followed him to Monument Square.

Well, he certainly wasn't wrong about this way being more fun. The statues were definitely amazing, and Bee tried not to get over excited at the sight of some of the Legendary Pokemon statues. "Oh, look, Celebi! I've always liked- Oh, wow, Xerneas!" This continued as they walked through the square, with the older of the two trainers acting much more excited than the younger as they passed the statues. That is up until the end, when Robbin suddenly yelled out while Bee was checking out the Moltres statue. She rushed over to see what he was exclaiming about, only to see it was MewTwo. "Oh, that's MewTwo. It's supposed to have been cloned from Mew by a bunch of scientist a long time ago."

"So-so cool---" Robbin acted as if he was absolutely breath taken by the statue that he had really seen a thousand times before. The boy stepped back from his green haired companion as an idea formed in his head. "Be back in a FLASH!" He shouted as he ran back toward the center of town.

The Festival Hall was on his mind and he thought that he could use a costume there as a disguise. He nearly tripped on a pebble as he made it back to the Ash Statue. Near the Hall was a delivery truck that's back doors were open. The truck driver was unloading boxes of set pieces and other decorative things.

"AHAH!.." Robbin spied something useful as he snuck his way toward the truck. Sticking out of one of the front boxes was a vintage silver mask that shined like a ray of hope to the boy. (Similar to this) Once he saw that no one was coming, Robbin swiped the mask and bolted to the nearest bush.

"HEY!" A voice shouted as Robbin slid underneath the bush to hide. Robbin's heart began to thud against his chest hard as the voice called out again. Robbin peeked from under the bush to see that it was the delivery truck driver who was shouting. A woman walked up and they both embraced as if they were long time friends.

Robbin sighed with relief to know he wasn't caught and made his way stealthily toward the nearest drinking fountain. He threw off his shirt and rolled it up to put in his back pocket before drenching his hand in the water.

The boy used his wet hand to slick back all his hair and then pulled his front pocket linings out of his pants, so they hung down. To finish off his disguise, he put on the silver mask and ran back to Monument Square to meet back up with Bee.

The look really did work quite well as it even made his hair alot darker from being wet. "Decided to switch my look up!.." Robbin's voice was recognizable though, so he'd have to work on that part. Other then that his identity was mostly concealed after taking off his favorite necklace. "Time to get that badge!"

Prof. Atlas stood chatting with Jay and the veggie haired girl near the crowd, so Robbin stayed close behind Bee letting her do all the talking if they'd approach them.

Last edited:
"Yeah, that's what I thought too. Eevee does seem to have a but of gentleness with people's feelings and their emotions." Astrid looked looked at her hand. "As if Eevee knows how i'm always feeling every moment." She closed her eyes, imaging the bond that both her and Eevee share. "I suppose that may be the case, but let's not go to conclusions just yet." She looked back a Jay.

"That's the spirit. If you and Froakie form a bond, I believe you being a Pokemon Caretaker will be one big step forward." She smiled.

(Back at the Gym...)

Astrid looked at Professor Atlas, slightly embarrassed just her mentor said that her and Jay were already going on a journey together. "I...haven't gotten to ask him about that." Astrid let out a embarrassing grin. "But since Jay already asked, I suppose I can go along with him on this journey, until we go our separate ways." Astrid said. She wasn't sure whenever or not her and Jay are going to be staying together on this journey the whole way or not, this was her way of saying yes, but only if something causes them to go their own way.

"Great! I'm glad the two of you are going together." Professor Atlas smiled. "A Pokemon Caretaker and a Pokemon Researcher are going to be great working together finding all sorts of Pokemon and how each of you will analyze them and learn how to take care of them." Professor Atlas smiled. "I know you two aren't here for a gym battle after all. But i'm glad you came. I hope that me becoming a Gym Leader surprised you all." He smiled even bigger. Astrid didn't seemed too impressed, but was happy.

"If only you taken care of your files better, perhaps I would be surprised even more." Astrid let out a small, sarcastic smile.

"Oh! I suppose I didn't have enough time to hide those papers from you Astrid. Oh well." Professor Atlas let out a sigh. Just then, two people came in. The group turned around to see who it was, it was Bee and some kid in a costume.

"Bee! What a surprise!" Astrid screamed. She walked towards Bee and smiled. "How has your day been after our last conversation?" She asked.

"So I take it you two are here for a Gym Battle?" Professor Atlas said to both Bee and the masked kid after Astrid finished up with her quick question.

Alvin

Thinking for a moment, Alvin said "Next town...you must mean Thunderlight Village. I haven't seen any Honedge around there, though I've heard they're kinda rare there." A thought came to him, and added "That's where I live you see."

The two upcoming trainers came out of the Center only to see a commotion over at the Gym. A horde of people were gathered out the front of a brand new building. Among them, he saw a couple of familiar faces: Beatrice, Jay and...that other girl whose name he totally did not forget. Se---Serena, yeah that is it! Apparently they were lining up to get a crack at the gym. Alvin had understood why, apparently you could not even get one official badge unless you got one from the Blessed Beginner's gym. "Huh, I wonder what's going on over there...is that Professor Atlas?" he said, somewhat baffled. "Well, that's certainly a surprise isn't it? Apparently he's the gym leader as well as the professor around here huh. He must be one busy dude."

Alvin took a closer look at the line, there were quite a few trainers there, more than enough to take most of the day battling him. With the rule regarding the gyms, there was little doubt that the place would be crowded for much of its run. At length, he affirmed his plan to capture some Pokemon before the gym. Not only would it give him a solid edge against the Professor, but the initial rush of people would hopefully be gone by then.

He then decided that it would be best to part ways with Lian around that time. "Well, looks like that line's gonna take a little while to get trucking. I'm gonna head out and capture some Pokemon in the meantime, maybe visit the museum if they haven't processed them all by then." Alvin said. Then he put on a big smile and said "It was really nice meeting you Lian. Tomorrow at around eight let's meet over at..." Alvin looked around for a suitable spot to meet up later on, then found a nice symbolic place to start off the journey. "...in front of the Ash Ketchum statue there. Perhaps some of his luck will rub off on us eh?" Alvin laughed.

"Yeah, it-" Bee started to agree, when Robbin took off in the way they had just come from. "Oh, ok then. I'll be... here." Not that she minded, really. It gave her more time to check out the Monument Square.

Just as she was passing by the statues of Latios and Latias, Slakoth woke up and gave a big yawn. "Oh, you're awake, cool." She paused to set the sloth Pokémon down on a nearby bench. "You're kind of heavy. Or I'm just not very strong." The trainer slowly paced back and forth in front of the bench, waving her arms at her sides as she walked. She was also talking to Slakoth, not that it was listening.

When Robbin finally came back, it took her a moment to process what exactly he was wearing. The teen was dumbstruck, then realized that she needed to say something. "Change up your look? It- I mean... Whatever floats your boat, I guess." Bee shrugged it off and picked up Slakoth before they headed off to finally go to the Gym.

Once they were close enough, Bee could recognize a few people. "Oh! Hey, Astrid!" She smiled at the redhead as she got closer. "My day? I guess you could say it's been pretty eventful." No, that was exactly how she would describe it, but she wasn't about to go into detail here and now. "How about yourself?" Professor Atlas asked if they were to challenge the Gym. "Oh, so you're the Gym Leader? Cool!" She looked back at Robbin, then at the Professor. "I think he's challenging, but I'm not sure if I will. Or, not yet, anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.