Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bee's Treecko had rushed ahead every now and again, but not really enough to disappear like he usually did. Of course, that didn't mean she didn't check every now and again to make sure it was still nearby. There was no way she was going to let him wander off like he had been doing. She had gone about half way down the hill, mentioning different ideas for the Pokémon they could try to catch when Treecko suddenly ran ahead. "You've got to be kidding me." As much as she enjoyed walking around with her Pokémon, she'd probably need to keep him in his Pokeball if he kept running off like this. She half ran, half stumbled after it, reaching for Treecko's Pokeball in her jacket pocket as she did so. "Return!" As she shouted this, she held out the Pokeball, and a red stream of light burst from the Pokeball and enveloped the Treecko, and soon the Pokémon was back in its ball. "I'll let you back out soon." She said as she walked down the hill, gazing at the Pokeball in her hand. Why had he run off again? She pressed on, curious as to what he had been so intent on getting to.

Bee spotted what she thought might have been the issue a bit further down the hill. There was Robbin with his Chespin and Igglybuff, but he currently seemed to be talking to a very angry looking guy. Her first thought was to leave them be, and maybe find a way around them without bothering them, but then she hesitated. Before she could really do much else, however, the Pokeball in her hand burst open, and Treecko showed up. "Treecko!" He looked around for a bit before looking up at his trainer, then at the two boys. "What am I supposed to do?" Bee knelt down and asked the Pokémon, though he didn't give an answer, and instead climbed up on her shoulder. "That doesn't help." She informed the green lizard before taking a deep breath and standing up. Again, there was a moment walking over to the two. "Oh, hey." She was trying to be nonchalant, though it wasn't obvious to her whether she was actually convincing. "Is there an-uh... I mean, is there anything wrong?"

Jorge grew even more annoyed with this kid telling him to calm down, "Thugzilla? Take it easy? The hell you tryin' to p---" he was interrupted with kid's poor attempt at talking street. "Don't interrupt me you little s#@%! Now you start to make fun of me? I was gonna let you go after you apologized, but I see a little Wurmple like you won't learn a thing without a good hit into reality!" he concluded cracking his knuckles.

A girl showed up not too long after if anything was wrong. "Beat it, it's none of your business! Got it?" he barked looking at her.

Jorge turned his attention back to the kid. Iggly! "The hell is that?" he questioned looking around for the mysterious noise.

"As an apology, I give you the Pokemon standing before us."

Jorge's attitude changed in a matter of seconds once he heard he would be given a Pokemon. "Well that's more like it! I---" he stopped mid sentence looking down at the pokemon. It was a pink ball of squish that waved at him followed by doing multiple twirls with a big smile on its face. He looked back up at the kid who had the most s%$#-eating grin on his face. "You can't be serious..." he added collecting himself, but the smile never left the kid's face. The Pokemon rolled back to him and hugged himself with the kid trying to convince it to go to Jorge.

The boy began to slowly make his way away from Jorge. The anger from his face began to drain away and instead was replaced with laughter, "Pffft ahahaha! It suits you well baby boy." he mocked hysterically. "I don't see why'd you want to give me your prize pokemon." he added with another burst of laughter. "Ah man... You've put me in a good mood now. Phew. Get that girly little excuse of a Pokemon out of my face and I'll leave yours intact this time."

Astrid looked around the forest, hoping that something would catch her eye. She heard something from far away, Astrid couldn't determine what the sound was from that distance so she slowly crept closer to the sound until she can identify it. It was the sound of something movie, a machinery of some sort. After a bit more studying the sound, it turned out to be a vehicle and it was coming closer to her. She looked around, panicked, until she realized that there was a road just a few feet away from here. She let out a sigh of relief. The vehicle, now can be seen as a truck, comes from the distance and passes Astrid. Normally she wouldn't be interested, but the truck was carrying something, attached was a trailer, carrying all sorts of fossils, from Pokemon to many others. Astrid went into a squealing mode and jumped up and down.

"Omigosh! Fossils!" Astrid screamed. "It's been awhile since i've seen fossils. Hey Eevee, let's go check it out." Astrid smiled. The Eevee seemed interested in Astrid's action and shortly agreed. "Eevee!" The Pokemon enjoyed the idea and followed Astrid back into town.

Astrid returns to Numera Town, where the truck has stopped and there were people getting out of the truck and moving the fossils. They carefully moved the fossil inside and towards a safe place inside the museum. Astrid begin to drool a little bit, before realizing it and wiping it off. Eevee looked concerned for Astrid's interest.

"Sorry." Astrid said to Eevee "Atlas showed me how wonderful these fossils are. Ancient Pokemon that lived in the past are stored and recorded in these fossils. There are many secrets in the past. New Pokemon that may have existed in the past with the possibility to bring them to life. I wanna go check it out." Astrid looked at Eevee and gave a gentle smile. "So that's my secret to my love of fossils." Eevee concerned look turned into a happy smile. "Eevee!" The Pokemon cheerfully said, accepting Astrid's story. "Comon, They should be setting it up soon." Astrid started to walk towards the museum and enter it.

Inside the museum was a glorious amount of old and ancient items. Fossils, Items, even that scary skeleton Charizard that just chills in the middle of the room, it was a amazing and glorious experience for Astrid. Astrid proceeded forward, not noticing Jay or his mother and walked towards the workers, who just finished installing the new fossils in the showcase. The workers proceeded back to their truck and leave. Astrid stood there looking at the fossil when a young man comes beside her.

"So, I take it you are into archaeology?" The young man responded without looking at Astrid. Astrid turned around and looked at him. He looked charming, wearing clothes that looks like he attended a private school and had a neat haircut. "Can't blame you. It looks like a very interesting subject." He smiled. A smile that releases the inner charm of the man's beauty. Astrid felt a temptation of sort coming in her head.

Who is this guy? And why am I so attracted to him all of a sudden? Astrid thought to herself. The man walked over to her and pulled out a rose.

"For you miss. To brighten your day." He handed the rose to her. His smile, still charming to Astrid, caused her temptation and her attraction to increase. Astrid, still trying to hang on. Accepted the rose, with her cheeks running a bit red.

"T..Thank you sir." Astrid calmly said. She smelled the rose, it had such a unique perfume on it, Astrid enjoyed it.

"I'll be here for a bit, so come at the park a little bit later and come and talk to me." His smile became a bit bigger and he brushed through her hair with his hand gently and seductive. At this rate, Astrid lost her composer and her face became redder than a Slugma while falling to her knees. Eevee jumped off as Astrid fell and looked at her worried. "Eeeeeve..." The fox Pokemon looked worried for her trainer with sad eyes. The man walked away and left the museum.

I don't know why, but he is such a gentleman. She has become stunned, thinking of this man and only on this man. Whatever he did to her, it seemed to work.

Meanwhile, the man himself looked around the park and brushed his hair. "Well I suppose it's time to go to the lab. I've had enough fun at this town for now." He nodded and left towards the hill, where the lab would be waiting for him.

"Sheesh, who peed in your apple juice?.." Robbin said aloud to the dark haired guy as he played off the tears that threatened to develop in his eyes. Then the unnecessary humiliation set in and the boy knew he had to get away before he'd lose his composure. He wanted to say hey to Bee, but he couldn't stay there with that hot head.

When he escaped the negativity, he stopped to catch his breath and his wounded ego switched to a fit of anger. Robbin picked up a rock and threw it at the nearest tree, but it ended up missing the trunk by a long shot. Chesp? Chespin could sense Robbin's frustration and let go of the purple haired boy's shoulders to keep a safe distance. Igg... Igglybuff looked at her master wide eyed as he ran over to the tree and kicked it as hard as he could. "Ackkk!" Robbin yelped in pain after the kick and wobbled around for a few minutes before settling to the ground. Igglybuff waddled over to Robbin who sat on the ground and gave him a little poke on the arm to check on him.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Robbin shouted as loudly as his lungs could allow. His shout caused Igglybuff to jump and she backed away instinctively. She gave Robbin a confused look and then eased her way over to him with a gentle smile.

"I said GO!" Robbin yelled and pushed Igglybuff's ballon shaped body away and she rolled backwards a few yards. When she got up, Igglybuff smiled again and wanted to give Robbin a hug. The purple haired boy quickly grabbed ahold of Igglybuff and glared into her cheery face. "I don't WANT YOU." He snapped which finally caused Igglybuff to look down with pitiful and scared eyes. A tear formed in Igglybuff's eye and she waddled quickly away to hide behind the tree. Chespin! Chespin cried out with an offended expression toward Robbin. Sadness stung Igglybuff's heart and she bounced far away from Robbin and Chespin in tears.

"Wait- that was really mean.." Robbin called after her in surprise when Igglybuff stopped bugging him and wanting to be his pokemon.

The purple haired kid looked to Chespin who turned away in disgust at his behavior. "She tried to comfort me..." Robbin whispered in the silence. He looked to Chespin again who ran away too. "I didn't deserve her." Robbin said with sad eyes of his own now. The boy sat with his back against the tree trunk and buried his face in his hands.

Bee quickly took a step back, put off by the guy's attitude. Her Treecko, however, quickly jumped off her shoulder and took two steps forward. He stared at the guy, as if daring him to say something else, which he didn't, not due to Treecko's actions, really. He seemed much more focused on Robbin and whatever the kid had done to successfully peeve this guy off. While she didn't leave or say much through the whole ordeal, she did object to Robbin offering his Igglybuff to the angry person. Fortunately, Igglybuff refused to leave him, but then, unfortunately the older guy couldn't keep his snide remarks to himself, resulting in Robbin running off. "No, wait-" She tried to stop the poor kid, but he was already running off.

Now it was Bee's turn to be angry. She took a deep breath and turned back to the guy. "That was completely uncalled for!" She told him, waving her arms in the direction Robbin had just run off. Treecko remain where he was, crossing his arms now that his trainer seemed to be standing with him. "I mean, it must take some nerve to upset a kid like that, I mean, come on! Is there something you need to prove? Or... You know what? I don't even know." She wasn't even sure what she was saying anymore, so she figured it'd probably be best if she checked on Robbin. Bee took a deep breath and looked down at her feet in order to let herself calm down before returning her gaze to whoever it was she was talking to. "Sorry. Look, I'm going to guess that you probably don't care, so I'll be on my way." She turned and began to walk off in the direction Robbin had gone. "Let's go, Treecko." Treecko glared for a final moment before turning and running after his trainer. Honestly, she was holding her breath, desperately hoping she didn't make matters worse.

[fieldbox="Grand Museum, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]"We'll get better acquainted when you're comfortable." Jay said as he held up Froakie's pokeball to return him. The red light from the pokeball glowed around the lanky blue frog and caused Froakie to disappear into the ball.

"You two will grow on one another." Sapphia encouraged as she walked over to embrace her son. "You know, I'm only a call away." She said lovingly, but then sighed knowing that Jay never returned her previous calls. The two shared a loving moment before a smile returned to Sapphia's face. "I have some things for you!"

The dark blue haired mother walked behind the side desk and came back with a map of Epica and something else. She held a silver and glass case with an egg encased within it. "A present from Rourke. He dropped it off earlier this morning." Rourke was the museum's owner and a good friend to Sapphia. "He knows you want to become a Pokemon Caretaker, and now you'll gain experience from taking care of your very own egg!"

Jay looked at the egg inside the case and his eyes widened with curiousity. The egg was a pale yellow with small green spots near the army green top. The glass case itself portably incubated the egg and kept it guarded. A grateful smile formed upon Jay's face and he took the egg excitedly. "Tell him that I'm really thankful." The mother and son shared their goodbyes and Sapphia returned to the side desk to study the old journal once more.

As Jay made his way to the exit, he spotted Astrid who was sitting on her knees near a fossil display. "Hi.. You alright?" He asked, a little confused as to why she was on the floor. Jay kept a firm grip of the egg in one arm as he offered Astrid a hand with his other. The red head seemed to have an infatuated expression upon her face.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
For a minute, Astrid was completely ignoring the world. The effects of the man's seductive techniques has caught Astrid off guard as she thinks about him. Her mind seems to focus on him and his cute smile. And even his warm gestures. She daydreams herself and that guy, dancing together in a party. Eevee watched Astrid and the Pokemon grew worried with each second. After a while, a familiar man came over to Astrid to see what happened. Thanks to him, Astrid broke out of her dream. Her infatuated expression disappeared as she looked a Jay.

"Oh! Umm...Hi Jay." She stuttered a bit. "Sorry about my current status." She took Jay's hand and got up. "I was caught off guard by someone." Astrid wiped the dust from her knees and her shirt. Eevee, noticing that Astrid is back to herself. Cried in joy. "Eevee!" The Pokemon responded. Astrid smiled and picked it up.

"Sorry for worrying you, I won't let it happen again." Astrid said to the little brown fox Pokemon. She looked at Jay, about to say something, before she noticed the Egg that Jay as carrying around. "Is that a Pokemon Egg?" Astrid's voiced was higher, suprised that she has laid eyes on a egg that will give birth to a new Pokemon. "Where did you get it? A gift from someone? It's been so long since i've seen a Pokemon Egg. I'm really curious what type of Pokemon you are going to get." She smiled. Feeling a bit excited for whenever she sees something that is related to Pokemon.

The blue haired guy just blinked at Astrid and was unsure of what to think about her reason for being on the floor. "It's ok." Is all that he could think of and his attention was grabbed by the brown, furry fox pokemon who cried with joy. Jay gave a friendly wave to the Eevee in Astrid's arms and then spoke again, "I was going to choose Eevee when I couldn't decide if I wanted a fire or water starter since Eevee can evolve into both elements." Jay informed her of this and then gave a kind smile to the brown furry fox.

"I ended up choosing Froakie, because I've never had experience with an amphibian style pokemon." Jay was surprised at how at ease he felt in this moment with Astrid, but he must have just connected well with her. "You made a smart choice." Jay complimented Astrid and then looked down at the egg that grabbed her attention.

"It was given to me from a family friend. I didn't ask which pokemon it was, because I want to be surprised." Jay looked to Astrid and felt like asking her if she wanted to join him for a little while on his journey, but he hesitated for a moment out of sudden shyness. A clever idea popped in his head and he looked back to Astrid's fox starter. "Maybe Eevee can help my Froakie get more comfortable when adjusting to people. Would that be ok?" Jay politely asked for Astrid's permission before he would bring the idea to life.

"There's a fountain at the Pokemon park that would help as well. The water will calm him further." Jay stated the location of where they'd go in town, and waited for her answer. If she accepted, it would also buy him more time to build up the confidence to invite her along for some company on his journey.

Last edited:
Astrid looked down at Eevee and smiled. "To be honest, I didn't even know that Eevee was going to be one of the available starters. Professor Atlas told me that the Stater Pokemon were going to be a surprise and told me that you're going to like one of the choices. He knew I was interested in Eevee and so, he must've gotten it specifically for me." Astrid petted Eevee softly as the fox Pokemon purred. "I don't blame you. Eevee has a lot of potential to be a powerful fighter. And with the ability to evolve into different types of Pokemon, it makes Eevee a great Pokemon to have around your team." She gently smiled. "Me and Eevee are going to be great partners i'm sure of it." Astrid looked back at Jay. "And i'm sure you and Froakie are going to get along just fine. After all, you are going to be a Pokemon Caretaker, so I think the two of you will forge a strong bond in the future." She smiled with her eyes closed "And I think you'll love an amphibian Pokemon. I think it suits you." She pushed her hair back before hearing his next statement.

Astrid blushed a little after the compliment given by Jay. "...Thanks. It was a great choice for a starter I feel and i'm glad he had one to pick out from." Astrid blushes have disappeared and she looked at Jay and her egg. "Well i'm sure it'll be a great Pokemon in your journey i'm sure of it." Eevee looked up at Astrid and gave a big happy smile. Astrid was about to ask Jay to come along with him to a different part of town for a bit and get to learn each other a bit more and see if he would be a nice addition to her soon to be group of friends until Jay acted first, but it was more for their Pokemon, which Astrid was even more excited.

"I think that sounds like a great idea! What do you think Eevee. Wanna make a new friend?" She petted Eevee as it enjoys being petted very much. Until Eevee gave an answer.

"Eevee!" The Pokemon cried in joy, meaning it was ok with meeting a new Pokemon friend.

"Welp I guess that settles it. Count me and Eevee in!" Astrid and Eevee both looked at Jay with a huge smile on their faces. "Then let's go. To the fountain of Numera Town!" She jumped in excitement with Eevee as she followed Jay towards the fountain.

Bee fumed as she walked, but as she got further from that guy she grew less and less angry, and more and more concerned. Surely they would have spotted Robbin by now. How did I even end up in this mess? She asked herself as she paused for a moment to look around. "Oh, there he is!" Treecko followed her line of sight, and saw Robbin, then ran to meet the boy. Bee followed close behind.

"Hey, Robbin!" She called out as she approached him, slowing down a bit as she got closer. "You alright?" Just like before Bee knelt down in front of Robbin. To be honest, she hadn't thought too much about what she would say once she found the kid, but she was going to give it her best shot. "Listen, don't let what that guy said get to you. I'm sure Igglybuff will be a great Pokémon. And Chespin, too." She looked around for the two Pokémon, but they were no where in sight. "Hey, are they nearby? Your Pokémon?" She couldn't seem to spot either of them.

"Great then." Jay responded to Astrid with a nod and led the way out out of the grand museum as he held back a smile. It was a short walk before they reached the Pokemon Park. People and pokemon were either walking around, riding their bikes, or resting on the benches. Near the center of the park was a pool with several raised, circular platforms on the surface that spewed out a dome shaped fountain on each. (similar to this)

An older couple sat at one of the benches grooming their female Meowstic who seemed to enjoy it very much. A boy raced passed on a nice looking red bike with his Pigeotto who kept up with the speed. Jay took in a relaxing warm breath into his lungs as they approached the fountain.

When they finally made it, Jay sat on the edge of the lower level of water and gazed up toward the upper level where the fountains sprayed sparkling water high. The water from the fountain lightly misted their faces and it felt like the perfect day to go swimming. He reached inside his pant pocket and took out Froakie's pokeball. "Froakie could use some encouragement." Jay said to Eevee with a hopeful look.

With a press of the center button, the ball expanded and with another click it opened up to release a flash of light. A familiar croak could be heard as Froakie appeared out of the light. Another croak escaped his slick blue throat as he looked around anxiously to absorb his surroundings. Froakie eyed Jay, Astrid, and Eevee cautiously and lowered his body in a hunched position as if preparing to jump away.

Froakie's large yellow eyes met the water's surface and he flopped into the shallow water of the fountain's first level. His anxious expression softened, but it never left his face as he kept his distance from Jay and Astrid. "You're unsure, and that's ok." Jay said softly to Froakie and let the lanky little frog have his space.

"With time you'll realize that we aren't a threat to you." Jay was willing to give Froakie all the time he needed in order to get comfortable. His silvery blue hair shined in the sunlight as he looked down into the water and saw the coins from where people made their fairy tale wishes. The blue haired realist decided to entertain the idea just this once. He retrieved two silver colored coins from his pocket and offered one to Astrid.

Closing his eyes and pausing a moment in silence, he then flicked the coin into the air and it landed in the fountain behind him. "My brother is convinced that the wishes made here actually come true." Jay said to Astrid while letting out a short chuckle. He gazed at the fountain with a thoughtful face. He wondered how Robbin was doing in Cloudsloom and he missed him and his father a lot.

Last edited:
Robbin kept his hands over his eyes and uncovered them when he heard Bee's voice. As he did so, he could see Treecko standing right in front of where he was sitting which caused Robbin's face to lighten up. That's when Bee knelt down to him which looked all too familiar. He quickly fixed his face and looked back at them. "Alright? Why you ask that? I'm great." Robbin lied with a hint of sarcasm as the boy puffed his chest to feel like a man.

"What guy?- Oh the guy. I forgot about him the second I left." Robbin fibbed in order to look tough in front of the girl and Treecko. "I don't let anyone get to me ever." He pretended as if the fit that he had earlier never happened and tried to forget it.

When the green haired girl asked about his pokemon, a flash of regret went across his face. He quickly made something up, "They're around here somewhere. They just went off to do a little- exploring." Robbin acted as if he was looking around and treated it as a casual situation. Truth was, he had no clue what to do and he wasn't sure if he was worthy of having them anymore. The purple haired boy stood from the ground and pretended like everything was ok in order to stay calm.

CHESP! Robbin's brown and green mamal pokemon raced toward them as fast as he could with a worried expression upon his face. Chespin made it to them and circled around Treecko quickly communicating to him that there was trouble. Chespiiin! The trouble grass pokemon shouted toward them and ran back in the direction he came. "It's something bad!" Robbin said to Bee. Igglybuff immediately came to Robbin's mind and he suddenly began to sprint after Chespin in a panic.

Chespin cut a corner behind Miner Jude's shop and sped in the direction behind the townhouses. When Robbin finally made it there, he could see Igglybuff backed against the wall helplessly with a Scraggy and a Croagunk that towered over her. Igglybuff had wandered into their territory and the two bully pokemon weren't having it. Igg.. Igglybuff said with a still sad, yet overwhelmed voice.

"Use your vine whip attack Chespin, hurry!" Robbin ordered and stepped back to watch Chespin's vines rise from his shoulders. The vines lashed out at the two bully pokemon, but Croagunk sprung out of the way and scraggy caught the vines with his fists. Scraggg Scraggy growled and jerked Chespin off his feet and into the air to be slammed down onto his chin. "TACKLE!" Robbin shouted with a raised fist in the air. and Chespin immediatlely got up and ran toward Scraggy who held tight to his vines. Chespin tackled into Scraggy which freed Scraggy's grip from the vines and caused him to slide back a bit. This just pissed scraggy off more.

"Get out of there Igglybuff!" Robbin shouted. She just looked at him with a sad face and, before she could react, Scraggy stepped in front to block her.

Gunk. While Scraggy took on the Chespin, Croagunk had his focus on Treecko and dared him to intervene.

Last edited:
"Oh, alright. If you say so." Bee replied. She had thought that what the guy had said had really hurt Robbin's feelings, but apparently not. Maybe I'm just worrying too much. That was probably what had happened. She pulled off her hat and ran a hand through her green hair as the kid explained where his Pokémon were. "Okay." She pulled her hat back on and got to her feet after Robbin had done so. "Well, do you still think-" She began to ask, but she was interrupted by Chespin.

Treecko had been sticking close to the two trainers while looking around for the other two Pokémon. As soon as h had heard Chespin coming, he ran to meet the other grass type, nodding at whatever he had been communicating to him before running off behind Chespin, not even bothering to wait for Bee. "It certainly seems like it." The trainer replied before running behind Robbin, though probably not as panicked as he was.

Bee hadn't known what to expect to see when they finally got to wherever it was they were going. She didn't like what she saw, though. "Oh no. Igglybuff!" She focused her attention on the Croagunk, since Robbin and Chespin were taking on the Scraggy. Treecko was staring it down, waiting to see whether or not it would attack first. "Treecko, use your pound attack!" The Pokémon nodded and quickly ran to its opponent, before jumping up to swing its tail around to attack. Croagunk leapt out of the way and knocked Treecko to the ground. Her Pokémon lay there for a moment, while Croagunk got ready to attack. She cursed under her breath before urging her Pokémon to get up. "Treecko!" The lizard opened its yellow eyes and rolled out of the way before jumping to its feet. "Alright, let's go." She quickly looked at Igglybuff, who didn't seem to hear Robbin urge it to run. Maybe it's just too scared. She looked back at her Pokemon, trying to think quickly. "Try again." Treecko began to run at the other Pokémon, but this time instead of charging directly at it, ran past the Croagunk and used the nearby wall to its advantage by running up that and leaping off in order to get it from behind. He managed to hit his opponent, but that didn't really faze it as much as she had hoped.

Behind the Townhouses - Numera
Scraggy & Croagunk vs Chespin & Treecko

Scraggy spied Treecko at the corner of his eye and outstretched his arms to protect Croagunk with Quick Guard. Then his left fist began to glow in an orange energy and he used it to slam Chespin in the stomach before the grass pokemon could dodge! "DANGG.." The word escaped Robbin's lips at the sight of the powerful punch that sent Chespin flying. The purple haired boy sprinted over to catch Chespin as he fell and lifted his pokemon partner up for encouragement. "We can beat them." Ches the grass pokemon gasped for air from being punched hard in the stomach. While Chespin was down, Scraggy scrunched up his face and used Scary Face toward Igglybuff to lower her speed if she tried to run. The frightening face caused Igglybuff to back away closer to the wall and she closed her eyes in fear.

"What other moves do you know...?" Robbin thought aloud toward Chespin and watched as Scraggy approached while Chespin was still down. Robbin only knew tackle, and he knew Chespin could use vine whip when he had gotten the apple down near the lab. The pokedex! He thought as a light switch went off in his head. "He's coming Chespin... you've got to defend yourself." Robbin said this and then let Chespin down to rest. "Back off bozo." Robbin stood in front of Chespin to protect him. Scraggy ran toward Robbin with another glowing fist and jumped up to smash Robbin in the shoulder. Robbin was pushed back and fell on his bum as the fiery pain jolted in his now injured shoulder. Chesss! Chespin gasped with what little air he could get.

"Auhhh...." Robbin clenched his teeth in pain. Igglybuff had witnessed Robbin take the punch for Chespin and a worried look was now upon her face. Chespin sprang to his feet with a furious look upon his face and with hoarse gasps of air from when Scraggy knocked the breath out of him. He extended his vines to whip Scraggy with, but Scraggy evaded each vine. Scraggy used another Powerup punch when he got close enough to Chespin and used it to uppercut Chespin under the chin. The blow caused Chespin to faint once he dropped to the ground and both Robbin and Igglybuff's eyes widened at the sight. Robbin got up with an aching shoulder and was going to dive over toward Chespin to see if he was alright until Scraggy came toward him now.

As Scraggy made it to Robbin for another attack, Robbin raised his arms for a fight. What happened next surprised them both.... Igglybuff plopped ontop Robbin's purple head lightly and then glided down to give Scraggy a Sweet Kiss. Igg. The kiss threw Scraggy off guard and he wobbled around feeling funny. Scrag Scrag. He turned to run in the other direction and ended up smacking his face into one of the house's back wall. Scraggy got up only to repeat smashing into the wall, and then again. He was clearly confused by the kiss that Igglybuff gave him. "Was... that a move?" Robbin wondered allowed in confusion and looked at Igglybuff. Igglybuff waddled over to Chespin who fainted and Robbin followed. With all the commotion directed toward him, he forgot about the other bully pokemon Croagunk who was attacking Treecko and Bee.

"Try giving him a kiss too." Robbin suggested to Igglybuff referring to the Croagunk who sprang in the air. Croag The Croagunk croacked as a sludgey substance came off of his sticky hands and hardened into the shape of a sharp purple needle. As he fell to the earth, he sent the Poison Sting toward Treecko. The toxic toad was moving too fast for Igglybuff to keep up and she couldn't give him a kiss even if she wanted to. "Watch out Treecko!" Robbin shouted toward Bee's pokemon as Robbin returned Chespin into his pokeball. A red light enveloped Chespin and he disappeared safely into the ball. Croagunk sent another Poison Sting in Treecko's direction and it was coming fast.​

Last edited:
Alvin

"Well of course I'll be your friend!" Alvin said enthusiastically. Torchic sounded an agreement, being quite happy with the arrangement. In the back of Alvin's mind though, there was a part of him that was enraged with the relatively low income potential with Lian. Alvin, quite shocked that he would even think such a thing, shook his head in an attempt to brush the thought off. "I have what I need here." he said, then walked over to the counter and bought the book he was looking over earlier, as well as a Pokegear. He asked the librarian whether they had any traveling supplies, to which she said to go over to the Pokemart. Apparently, they had some sort of "Beginner's Kit" that had most of the essentials.

Satisfied, he went as though to walk out of the library. However, Torchic lightly pecked him on the side of the head to remind him of something. Namely, the companion he just got! He turned around over to Lian and said "I don't know about you, but I'm off to the Pokemart then into the Hills to grab some Pokemon. Are you going to come with me, or should we split up for now and meet up later to leave Numera Town?"

Treecko managed to land on its feet after his second attempt to attack had been blocked. "Ko!" "That's all well and good, but what else can you do?" Bee was caught up in the battle, and spoke her thought aloud without realizing it. She was trying to quickly come up with some kind of plan, but she had never actually battled with Treecko yet, so she wasn't entirely sure what it knew. Her Pokémon heard her question, then stood up and glared at its opponent, then his eyes flashed red briefly. Croagunk took a step back, surprised by Treecko's leer just long enough for Treecko to use pound on it. after that, the toxic frog focused again. "That's good. That's a start, at least. Try-"

"Back off bozo." Oh no... Bee quickly snuck a glance in Robbin's direction, and nearly panicked when she that Robbin was standing in between the Scraggy and his Chespin. "Tree!" "Hm?" She turned her attention back to Treecko only to see him surrounded by several Croagunk. "Where did they all come from?" She asked in surprise. Treecko looked around at all of them, seemingly as if to size them all up. "Treecko, you can't take on a bunch of Croagunk all at once. They're all poison types, you're a grass type. That's a terrible idea. So get out of there!" Rather than try to get away, Treecko swung his tail around and hit one, causing it to vanish. Bee stared in surprise, then realized what had happened in the brief time she had looked away. "Double Team..." She noted quietly, then said to Treecko, "Keep hitting them to try and find the right one!" The lizard was already doing exactly that, swinging its tail at each and every Croagunk. Soon they were down to two, and the actual Croagunk hadn't tried to make some kind of move yet, surprisingly. Treecko sixed the two of them up, then swung for the one on his left. as soon as he did so, the one that hand been on his right vanished, too. Well, vanished wouldn't be a very good word for it. More like leapt up in the air.

"On your toes, Treecko." She muttered, thinking that the bully was going to try to attack once again once it reached the ground. Not exactly. "Watch out, Treecko!" Bee looked back at Robbin, then at the Croagunk in an attempt to see what the kid was talking about. Her Pokémon was a bit quicker to spot what the boy was talking about than she, and got out of the was to avoid the first Poison Sting. He turned around to face the Croagunk just as it sent the second needle flying, and this time her Pokémon hadn't been so quick to avoid it. "Treec!" "Oh no. Treecko!" This was certainly not good. The grass lizard glared at the frog again just as it was preparing a third attack, and his eyes flashed red, just like before. And also just like before, the frog Pokémon hesitated. That was when Treecko made its move and held out both its hands towards Croagunk, and red streams of light erupted from them and surrounded its target. It didn't last long, but Treecko seemed just a little better off, though still hurt from the Poison Sting. "Absorb?" She looked from her Pokémon to the Croagunk. "Maybe we should try to make a run for it." She suggested to Robbin. "I don't think Treecko's going to hold up on his own very well for much longer."

"Damn.." Robbin said under his breath at the sight of Treecko getting hit by the second poison needle. The purple haired boy held onto his injured shoulder which throbbed in pain and tried to think of what to do. A Pokedex would be helpful to know Igglybuff's moves, but he didn't have one. Treecko's absorb move was really cool to watch, but the grass lizard was at a type disadvantage and could get badly injured if they didn't get away soon. Robbin hated giving up and it pained him to say it, but he agreed. "Fine... let's get out of here..!"

While Croagunk had been distracted by Treecko's absorb attack, Igglybuff had found her own opening. Robbin noticed that Igglybuff was no longer beside him, "Huh?" He looked around and saw the mini pink ball pokemon puffing in the air behind the unsuspecting Croagunk. Her little pink arms glowed a light brown and appeared to have a muddy energy around them. SMAHK! Just as Croagunk discovered her, Igglybuff smacked the toxic toad with a super effective Mud Slap! CROAAAA Croagunk cried in pain and his knees buckled by the slap.

Croagunk swiped at Igglybuff with his arm, but it missed as Igglybuff quickly dropped down to bounce away after releasing the air from her cheeks. Iggly! Robbin's cotton candy colored pokemon gave a cute wink and blew a kiss toward Croagunk which caused an energy heart to fly out and pierce his chest. Croag?.... He became seduced by her Attract attack and his large eyes looked at Igglybuff with attraction. He threw himself desperately at her and Igglybuff responded with another Mud slap attack! The slap caused Croagunk to fall on his back.

When the slap knocked Croagunk back to his senses, he sat up weakly and then sprang away to leave with Scraggy who was walking around in circles, still confused. Buff! Igglybuff puffed her cheeks in a daring way toward the two bullies as they left. Meanwhile, Robbin just blinked with his jaw dropped at Igglybuff. Igglybuff rolled on her back and gave a happy wave toward Bee and Treecko. She remembered seeing them from before. Robbin looked to Bee completely speechless. He didn't expect that outcome.

"Sorry for how I treated you. I take back what I said completely." Robbin whispered as he knelt down to get on Igglybuff's level. Igglybuff's happy face became unsure when Robbin spoke to her, but she listened. "I need you to be my pokemon or I won't forgive myself for underestimating you." It wasn't a matter of wanting anymore - whether Robbin realized it or not, Igglybuff's loving nature was just what he needed for his lonely heart. Igglybuff's face instantly became bright and she bounced up to hug Robbin's neck. Robbin came to help her when she was in trouble, so she decided to forgive him with loving arms.​

Last edited:
The girl watched Alvin quietly before she picked up her Fennekin. She smiled, somewhat shyly at him. "Cool...um...I'm going to go get my trainer's badge. I'll head for the pokemart with you. Then we can split up before we meet to go." She said with a shrug.

Fennekin laid a paw on her trainer's shoulder and licked her nose. She laughed in reflex and scratched behind the fox's giant ears. Then she grabbed the books to go pay for them.

Igglybuff? Bee had been focused on Treecko and overlooked the pink puff, so she was surprised to see it had snuck behind Croagunk. She was even more surprised to see her slap the other Pokémon's knees. "Oohh." That looked like it hurt. Treecko took the opportunity to get away from the poison frog, and closer to Bee. They watched, mostly in shock, as Igglybuff managed to run the Croagunk off along with the Scraggy. Then the bouncy embodiment of happiness simply just turned and waved to them joyfully as if this were just a normal occurrence. Bee waved back, then looked at Robbin, who seemed more surprised than she had been. She simply shrugged, then directed her attention to Treecko.

"Are you alright?" She asked as she knelt down and pulled out Treecko's Pokeball. She felt pretty bad about how their first actual battle had gone. "No, that's a stupid question. You just got out of a fight. I'll get you some help, soon. Don't worry." Bee returned Treecko to his Pokeball, then put the ball in her pocket and stood up. "I think a trip to the Pokémon Center is in order, unless you have somewhere else to take your Pokémon. Family or something." She said to Robbin, hefting her bag up higher on her shoulder. "I'm going to the Pokemon Center, though."

Astrid followed Jay to the fountain where he wanted his Pokemon to feel relaxed. After seeing Froakie in action, Astrid took some notes on the frog Pokemon. It first got into a position to jump away from his trainer and his acquaintance, but once it got into the water, it felt a bit relaxed. Trying to make a friend like Froakie is going to take some time for the fox Pokemon.

Hmm...It seems like the Pokemon doesn't trust his trainer at first sight. As I suspected, the bond between Jay and Froakie will be quite the difficult to make work. Astrid looked at Jay and then to Froakie If he can get Froakie to trust him, then I will have seen enough to believe that he will be a great Pokemon Caretaker. Astrid left a worried expression hanging on her face. Eevee looked at her and frowned.

"Eevee...." The fox pokemon seemed a bit sad with Astrid's emotion.

Anyway I suppose I should let Eevee decide if it should try to make friends with Froakie. After all, he did suggest the idea, so I should have Eevee give it a go. Luckily the water helps soothe him, making it easier for Eevee to try to make a bond with. She thought about it for a bit, then grabbed Eevee and put him on the side of the fountain, about a few feet from the frog Pokemon. "Go ahead and try to make a friend Eevee." Astrid softly said to Eevee.

"Eevee." The fox Pokemon said with confidence as it jumped into the water, not hoping to make a big splash and approach Froakie slowly in hoping to make it more comfortable with the fox Pokemon. Eevee waited for it to make the first move.

Astrid looked at Jay as he offered her a coin for making wishes. Astrid doesn't usually believe in such fairy tales,, but since Jay offered it. She might as well. She thought about what she desires, then threw the coin in the fountain. "Normally I don't believe in these superstitions, I haven't seen anything of it's kind really happen to me, but I suppose I should just give it a go because you offered me one." Astrid spoke in a soft tone. "I'm sure your brother is doing fine. Maybe we'll see him there when we get to Cloudsloom city." Astrid spoke with high confidence. She thought about what to say to Jay while her Pokemon tried to become friends with Jay's. She decided to start with a simple question. "So if I may asked, what made you became interested in becoming a Pokemon Caretaker?" Astrid took the first conversation as their Pokemon attempted to become friends with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.