Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ow, Sh!%" A young boy with purple hair cursed after he was finshed rolling down a grassy hill into the historical town. Before he had lost his balance and fallen from the hill, he had been daydreaming about his future and looking over the town with a relaxing breath. He finally made it to Numera after hitching rides all the way from Cloudsloom. The clumsy boy wiped the blades of grass from his mouth and his dark purple eyes blazed in frustration. He kicked at the ground ruining the grass into a heap of dirt in anger. Robbin looked up to see his uncle's lab on the far left with the row of town houses that led to and from the center of town. "Could I've gotten here ANY faster?" The purple haired kid said with sarcasm as he walked toward town.

Time to get me a pokemon. Robbin thought as he dashed through the town. He ran straight through the middle of Numera and caught notice of a girl and a cool looking Treecko near the pokemon park. "AHOY!" Robbin shouted to them with a cute smile. BAM! Robbin smacked right into the Ash statue and fell back onto his bottom with a silent grunt. His face felt like it had been slammed with a jackhammer, but the embarrassment burned within him worse.

Tears welled in his eye involuntarily and he sprang back to his feet to sprint away in shame. "Ass Ketchum." He said in an angry mumble getting the legendary trainer's name wrong on purpose. As he ran he almost collided with some wannabe thug looking guy and a girl with tomato colored hair. "Out of the way veggie head-" He said dashing full speed down the row of townhouses after pushing through the guy and girl. Robbin did his best to keep the red streak down his face out of sight as he finally made it to the lab.

"Aye Uncle," Robbin called as he jumped through the lab doors. "Get me a poke-" He stopped himself, remembering that his mom and dad could already have told the professor that he wasn't ready for a journey until another year. Robbin's eyes marveled at the sight of the pokeball stands and his heart began to speed up in excitement. He looked around and his uncle Atlas was nowhere in sight. Now's my chance! Robbin eased his way toward the Kanto stand and placed his hand upon the cool surface of the first smooth pokeball. "Yessss." He felt so powerful in this moment and when he began to lift the ball - something caused his heart to jump.

"Robbin? Is that you?" Professor Atlas said, walking from the back with Kylie.

"Damn.." Robbin said under his breath, but then looked toward his uncle with an innocent smile. He acted as if he was shining the pokeball with the sleeve of his shirt and put it back down. "I've missed you uncle." He half lied and gave another grin as he thought of what to say next. "Came to see your sweet set up and to congratulate you."

The professor walked over to Robbin and ruffled the purple hair on the top of his head. The professor was intrigued by how closely Robbin resembled his father. "I haven't seen you in a good while-" He heard Robbin's next statement and curiously asked, "Congratulate me for what?" His paranoia kicked in and he wondered if his brother or Sapphia had told Robbin about his secret. Then he decided that it didn't much matter since his secret would be known by the time Robbin would be a trainer.

Professor Atlas' question threw Robbin off guard and he paused a minute to think of what next. "-For being such an awesome Profesor, of course!" Robbin's exclamation made his uncle smile from cheeck to cheek.

Moments later, Robbin barged out of the lab with a flustered sigh. "Try to catch a pokemon for yourself, and you can have a real pokemon in a few years when I'm not being a lame Professor Oak poser." Robbin tried to mock the words of his uncle in an annoyed voice. He dragged his feet as he walked passed a bush. IGGGLYYY! A chubby pink balloon thing flew into Robbin's face and caused him to fall onto his back.

"WHAAAAAA?" Robbin shouted in confusion as he attemped to pry the baby pink colored creature from his face. "Get off me freak!" He sat up and chunked the pink pokemon away from him and it bounced unharmed against the ground and floated downward to it's feet with a puff of it's cheeks. Igglybuff. The mini chubby ball said with a cute smile.

"What do you want from me?" Robbin said in disgust of the pokemon's girly weak appearance. He stepped passed the iggly buff and went to find a cool pokemon that he'd be interested in. The empty pokeball, Prof. Atlas had given him, slipped out of his hand when he had fallen and it rolled near the little igglybuff. Igglybuff waddled to the red and white ball and looked at it curiously. Glee. She said and poked the button out of curiousity with a pink arm.

Robbin patted himself all over looking for the pokeball and he turned around just in time to see the red energy enveloping Igglybuff. Robbin's heart stopped and he yelled "NOOooooo-" Igglybuff was going inside the pokeball and he dived to try and retrieve it before she went all the way in. By the time he dove upon the ground, the ball pinged with a glow of the button and the chubby pink pokemon was captured.

Robbin got into a sitting position with a defeated expression. "I.. just caught.. the weakest poke--mon in existence." He dropped his head and he held back a sob. "I give up on life." He felt like all of his hopes and dreams toward a journey had disappeared right then and there.

Last edited:
Alvin

Alvin walked across Numera Town, and soon enough, walked into the Library. With Numera Town being a mecca for history and culture, it's library was predictably huge. Rows upon rows of books, and unlike the Thunderlight Village's library, it actually sold most of these books out of what Alvin guessed to be a large basement complex. "Wow, these guys sure take their paper seriously don't they Torchic?" The Torchic replied with a happy chirp, then Avlin said "Now then, let's see if your master can find some kind of self help training book." He turned to the librarian and asked "Hey, do you know where I can get a book on Pokemon training? I want to know how to care for this little guy." The librarian pointed to a section of the library containing a row of books. Alvin thanked the librarian, and checked the section out.

Rows upon rows of Pokemon guides explaining everything from the most basic of Pokemon information, to the dietary habits of Salamence, lined the shelves. Alvin looked upon it with despair, thinking he'd never find the books he needed. However, he shook those feelings off, and started looking for anything resembling what he was looking for. It was around this time that a new female trainer with a Fennekin walked in the door, apparently asking the librarian whether they sold any Pokegears. Curious, he walked over to her and said "Oh, hello. Are you one of the new trainers as well? I must've missed you at the lab. The name's Alvin."

Bee wasn't even out of the park for three minutes when a kid ran past. He shouted something, but she didn't have much time to consider it or reply, since he ran straight into the Ash Ketchum statue. She winced, then started to run over to him. "Are you alri-" The kid got up and ran off before she could finish her question. "Oh." She wanted to at least make sure he was okay.

"Maybe we should..." Wait a moment. Bee hadn't noticed that the weight was gone from her shoulders. She spun around, frantically searching for the Treecko. "Nononononono." Where had it gone? She stepped up onto an empty bench to see if she could spot it from there. "No..." She couldn't see it. She hopped off the bench and was about to run back to the park to the tree to see if it had gone that way when she heard it shout from behind her. "Treecko!" Bee turned around to see it standing not too far into the square. "Oh, there you are! Come on, let's- Wait, where are you going?" Treecko had turned around and ran in the opposite direction, leaving Bee with no choice but to follow. It didn't take her long to realize that it seemed to be going back to the lab. She decided she'd follow it for a while, if only to find out what it was so worried about. Just when she was starting to consider telling Treecko to turn back, she saw the kid from before sitting in the road. Treecko ran up to him first, leaving Bee no choice but to talk to him. "Hey," She walked over and sat in front of him like she would when she talked to her little brother. She hugged her legs and rested her chin on her knees. "Are you alright?" She was still kind of concerned after having seen him run into the statue then run away, so she was kind of asking about that, and kind of asking because he was sitting in the middle of the road, head hanging.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a moment, Robbin contemplated giving up and going back to Cloudsloom. Then he realized that the thought of going back to that city was worse than the predicament he was in now. If he went back, then he'd just suffer in loneliness and neglect from his father. If he went to the museum to live with his mom, he'd suffer of boredom and be constantly reminded of the divorce. There was no home for him anywhere. Robbin punched the ground with a free fist and reminded himself, "Quitting is for losers." He looked at the pokeball and decided that he would leave it there and just find another way to get a new pokemon somehow. That's when a Treecko ran up to him and Robbin's eyes lit up for a second and felt like there was hope. "Are you here to be my PARTNER?!" Robbin exclaimed and desperately embraced the Treecko with a tight hug.

When the girl he had seen at the Pokemon Park showed up, he released the Treecko and his dreams were shot down. He was intending to wrestle the Treecko until it submitted to his authority, but then he realized that it was the Treecko from before who belonged to that girl. Robbin dropped his head again and left it hanging. The girl sat down near him and she asked him if he was alright. "What do YOU think?.." Robbin answered while raising his face slightly to reveal the red mark down his face from where he made impact with the statue. His face burned extremely, but he refused to cry like a baby in front of a girl. The boy with the purple hair shook his head and couldn't help himself from the small rant, "You are sitting there with a Treecko, and all I've managed to get is a punie puff of talking cotton candy... trapped inside that pokeball." Robbin turned to look at the ball on the ground and swatted it away with full force. The pokeball rolled a few yards away and Robbin just glared at it.

Buffy! Igglybuff burst out of it's pokeball and bounced over to where the two trainers were sitting. She gave a sweet smile to Treecko and said hi, "Glee." She waddled toward Robbin who slid away and responded, "Stay away from me!" Igglybuff's face became blank and she blinked slowly at him. She turned to Beatrice and said Igglybuff with a little wave of her pink arm accompanied by a happy smile. Robbin stood up from the ground and dusted himself off. "I'd rather let an Ursaring knaw off my good arm than let that thing be a pokemon of mine." He said a little too harshly out of impulsive frustration. The mini, light pink pokemon just stared up at him with confused, pastel red eyes.

Last edited:
Lian had managed to find the librarian and was browsing through the pokegears when someone called to her. She turned slightly, pokegear in hand to look over her shoulder. "I was a bit late, so you probably did." She replied. She looked over the little devices then picked one and paid for it with physical money. The little fire fox muzzled and gnawed at her ear, to which she didn't reprimand the Pokemon. "Right...you need a twig or two." She patted herself down to see if she had anything for the starter to chew on while she talked with Alvin, only to come up empty. She sighed and pulled the little Pokemon from her shoulder. The fox looked up as she cradled her like a baby, then rubbed the pokemon's gums with her index finger. The Pokemon nibbled in reflex until it was satisfied with gently chewing on the finger.

"She is MY first Pokemon, but I've been around them all of my life." She said as she headed for the Pokemon resource shelves. "If you don't mind, I'd like to look for a book or two. You're more than welcomed to follow. My Fennekin should fall asleep soon. I don't want to put her back quite yet." She looked over the shelves quietly for a guide on various berry trees.

Treecko hadn't been expecting the hug, so he struggled a bit before allowing the boy to hug him. He took a step back when he was released at Bee's return. "I'm sorry." Bee wasn't entirely sure what "puny puff or cotton candy" he was talking about, but she felt kind of bad seeing how mad he was about whatever Pokémon he had gotten. "I can see why you would be upset." Well, not necessarily. After all, certainly whatever Pokémon he had gotten wasn't that bad. The boy rolled the ball away from him, and it opened. Good, let's see the Pokémon in question.

It turned out to be an Igglybuff. A super sweet one at that. She bounced on over to them and said something to her Treecko, who replied to whatever was said with a nod and "Ko." But when she tried to do the same with the kid, he was quick to reject the Pokémon. Instead, it waved to Bee, who gave a small wave back and smiled. Bee stood up shortly after the boy did. "No, don't say that. Have you seen how sweet this little Pokémon is? How could you possibly not want it on your team?" She tried to quickly think of convincing arguments as to why he should keep the Pokémon, but she didn't really know that much about it to begin with. She considered using her Pokedex for information on it, but didn't want to use that as a reminder that she had gotten a Pokémon from Professor Atlas while he apparently had not. "If anything, you should at least give it a chance. It may not look very strong now, but Pokémon tend to surprise people like that. And, well.... Think of it this way: a lot of trainers were given their first Pokémon, but you caught yours on your own." At this point, she was just trying to think of something helpful to say. She looked at the Igglybuff then at the kid hopefully. She wasn't hoping for a complete turn around, but even a little change would be nice for the Pokemon. Please tell me I didn't make it worse.

"Yeah, that'd be somewhat impressive if I actually... CAUGHT the pokemon on purpose." Robbin said with a grunt as he kept his distance from the Igglybuff. "That creep forced itself into my life!.." The purple haired boy shouted as he kept a close eye on Igglybuff and watched it's every move. "It belly slapped my face which caused my pokeball to slip from my hand and it willingly captured ITSELF!" Robbin declared this without realizing at first how embarrassing it might come across. He popped a piece of sour grape bubble gum into his mouth to distract his mind and he sighed as he enjoyed his favorite flavor. "No money... No pokeballs... I can't do anything." Robbin sighed again and looked around. Igg The chubby little Igglybuff was floating up with puffs of it's cheeck to get at eye level with Robbin. She gave a tiny smile at Robbin through air filled cheeks and Robbin looked away. Wait a second. Robbin had an idea at the sight of Igglybuff hovering back down to the ground gracefully.

"You wanna be my pokemon?" Robbin asked to the chubby pink ball. Iggly! She responded with a happy and sweet smile. "I'll be back. Who are you anyway?" Robbin asked the girl with the Treecko before he went to leave. He picked up the open pokeball from the grass and went straight for the lab with Igglybuff boucing behind him. Robbin stopped before he opened the doors and spoke to Igglybuff, "See this?" Robbin lifted up Igglybuff's pokeball. "I'm going to distract the Professor, and I want you to get me Charmander's pokeball. Put this one in it's place." He pointed at Igglybuff's pokeball and then to Charmander's pokeball on the kanto stand in the distance. "If you bring me the pokeball, then I may consider you to be my pokemon. Do you get me?" Robbin asked looking at the cotton candy colored pokemon. Glee.. Igglybuff nodded with a determined expression on it's little face. Robbin wanted a pokeball, Igglybuff understood that much. At this, Robbin opened the doors to the lab and Igglybuff waddled quickly over to the stands.

"Robbin, you're back-" A females voice spoke up. Kylie came from behind the desk and didn't seem to notice Igglybuff's presence.

"Yup." Robbin quickly said and noticed Igglybuff hopping up and down trying to reach the stand's surface. Robbin immediately tried to keep Kylie's attention who walked up to him. "I uh- just needed some advice on how to throw a pokeball." That's the only thing that he managed to spit out during spur of the moment. "Is it better to throw it at an angle or is it best to underhand the ball at first?" Robbin made up some stupid question and pretended to throw a pokeball in two different ways. He managed to keep Kylie's attention, but Igglybuff was taking forever. She finally made it to the top of a stand by puffing her cheeks to float up to it. Yessss, that's it.... Get charmander... You can do it. Robbin thought anxiously. And he was quickly jerked out of his thoughts by a statement from Kylie.

"Whatever is more comfortable for you." Kylie replied, and she wondered what Robbin was staring at behind her. She almost turned around when-

"Alright thanks, you're SO helpful!" Robbin stated and bolted out of the laboratory. Igglybuff managed to switch pokeballs and slip through the cracked window to the right before Kylie turned around to see what happened. Outside, Robbin met Igglybuff by the window and snatched the pokeball away from her. "Holy smokes.. You really did it." He held the cool pokeball in his hand and had a pleased smile upon his face. At the same time he felt a little guilty on the inside. "I'll just borrow him for the journey. I won't keep him forever." Robbin half lied to himself, but liked to think that he would return the pokemon in the future in order to settle his debt. He pushed aside the guilt, and his childish curiousity got the best of him. "Alright, come out CHARMANDER." Robbin half whispered and pressed the button on the stolen pokeball to release the pokemon contained inside. When the light faded, standing on the grass was not a fire lizard pokemon, but something much different. Chesp! A short brown mammal pokemon with what appeared to be a spiny grass helmet looked up at Robbin. Robbin squeezed his eyes shut and then snapped them open to make sure he was seeing correctly. He lifted the brown and green pokemon off of it's feet by picking up it's paws and examined the thing. "What are you..?" Robbin didn't know what to think.

Last edited:
"Oh, my name's Beatrice. Call me Bee, if you want." She was a bit surprised by his sudden change in attitude, but she just rolled with it, curious to see where it would lead. And then he ran off with Igglybuff in tow. She debated returning to the town, but he said he would be back like she was going to wait here until he returned from whatever it was he had decided to do. "We don't have anything better to do, do we?" She sighed as she asked her Treecko, who was standing at her side. "Treec." "Yeah..." Bee went and sat down next to a bush that was just off the road, pulling her backpack off and setting it in front of her so she could organize it. "Pokedex, empty Pokeballs, your Pokeball..." She began to mutter to herself as she organized the bag.
------
"...Echo?... No? Alright, what about Scout?" Bee had finished organizing her bag, and was laying on her back, while Treecko sat nearby and munched on the apple she had picked up earlier. Again, it shook its head. She sighed and tried to come up with more names, though the Pokémon hadn't liked any of the names she had tossed its way. She was running out of ideas, and was considering just calling it by its actual name. "Maybe.. No, I'm out of ideas. Wait, I know!" She sat up and looked at the Treecko. "How does Forest sound?" Treecko looked at her skeptically, like it had with every other nickname she had mentioned. Bee sighed and hung her head, officially out of ideas for the time being. Treecko took a last bite from its apple then stood up. Bee stood up as well and dusted herself off, then looked down the road where the kid had run off. "How do you think he's doing?" She asked Enoch as she picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder, with the still nameless Treecko climbing onto the other one. "Maybe we should go that way." Treecko didn't say anything, so she took that as a yes and began to walk that way.

They walked for a while before coming upon the lab. At first she was unsure of whether or not he was there, or if maybe he had gone somewhere else that had happened to be this way, but once she was close enough to the lab, she could see a figure outside which she assumed would be him, unless it turned out to be Alakazam. She was going to walk the distance, then she hesitated for a moment, and she just questioned why she was so concerned about this kid whose name she still didn't know, but she had a feeling she knew the answer. Bee missed her brother, so she felt obligated to worry whoever this was. Or at least, that's what she thought it might be. With that she continued on to the lab. She quickly made her way to where the kid was with Igglybuff and... "Is that a Chespin?" She asked once she was close enough for him to hear. Well, she knew it was, but she was a bit confused as to why he suddenly had one of the starter Pokémon. "Did the Professor give it to you?"

Alvin

"Sure, I'm looking for a book myself." Alvin replied to the girl. He then walked back over to the shelf he had been investigating earlier, perusing through the books there. There were a few books that caught his eye Breeding for Beginners, The Pokemon Planet Guide, and Cookbook for Pokemon among others. However, most of them seemed to be more about the very technical side of battles. Alvin didn't know what an EV or an IV was for the life of him, so he set these books down and continued searching. He then turned his head to look at the girl and said "Well...this could take a while. Say, what are you going on this Pokemon adventure for anyway...uh..." The boy realized he never actually got her name and said "Err...what's you name anyways?"

The Torchic for his part, was getting rather bored, so he walked away from Alvin while he was not looking, and started to explore the library. It was a rather massive building, a circular building with green carpet and a very high ceiling. The first floor had bookshelves lined up in rows radially inward, and even a small cafe where one could order some drinks if they so chose. One could see up to a second floor, which had a balcony with a lot of what were probably seminar rooms and the like. Torchic was quite awed at the sight.

"Adventure, excitement. And to become a Champion." She answered with a smile as wide as a Wailmer. She pulled out a book that was about a pokemon's dietary needs. She adjusted her Fennekin so that she was nice and snug inside of her jacket, with her little head popped out.

"My name is Lian Tiaren." She said with a hum. It wouldn't be difficult to link her last name with that of the Tiaren Company, one of the leading makers of Pokemon items and pokeballs in the region. She set the book on the ground next to the other, then looked for one about grooming and maassaging her Pokemon.

Robbin dropped the mammal grass pokemon to it's feet and looked to Igglybuff who sported an accomplished smile upon her face. "This is not a Chamander..." Robbin snapped at Igglybuff, he was on the verge of anger now. He had taken a big enough risk by getting Igglybuff to do his dirty work the first time. The purple haired kid wasn't so confident that he'd be able to get away with it a second time. He took a second look at the grass pokemon before him and he had to admit to himself that he did find the pokemon to be visually interesting. Chespy.. The grass pokemon scratched it's head, wondering what was up with Robbin and then walked over to poke at Igglybuff. Igg! The light pink pokemon started to giggle as Chespin began to continuously poke her flubbery body out of curiousity.

From the moment Robbin decided to take his journey, he knew whole heartedly that he wanted his starter to be Charmander.. To him no other pokemon would do, but after seeing this new pokemon -- He wondered if novelty might make his journey more interesting. FREAKING CHARIZARD. At the thought of this, he creeped back up to the lab doors after noticing another trainer leaving. A new trainer? Robbin peaked through the glass doors to notice that Charmander's pokeball was no longer there.

WHAT??!! Robbin's heart began to race and the pit of his stomach felt like it was beginning to burn. "I'm too LATE!" He shouted aloud, he went back to where Igglybuff and the other pokemon was. Robbin slung his leg in Igglybuff's direction, but she rolled away before Robbin's foot made contact with her face from the kick. "I wanna play kick ball......" Robbin said with a psychotic smile. He imagined Igglybuff as a pink rubber ball and chased after her. Igglybuff took it as a fun game and evaded each kick with happy bounces.

Once he ran out of breath, Robbin placed his hands on his knees and looked up to see Beatrice approaching with Treecko. Bee's question to him made him panic a little, but he managed to say something. "I got him at the lab. Where everyone gets their starter...." He tried to make it seem like a smart ass answer in order to evade what she was really asking. So that's what they call it, "Chespin." Truth was Robbin didn't really know which pokemon he'd want anyway if he couldn't have Charmander. This Chespin pokemon looked unique enough, and he didn't want to risk trying to steal another pokemon that he might not like anyway.

That's when he noticed that Chespin was walking away toward another direction. "Aye, where you going??" Robbin followed Chespin curiously to a tree and watched as the brown and green pokemon tried to climb it for an apple. The grass pokemon stopped it's attempts at climbing and used two green vines from it's neck to whip a nice and juicy apple off of the limb. Chespin took a bite of the red fruit and almost ate it whole as he enjoyed the flavor. "Whoah.." It was Robbin's first time seeing vine whip in action and he was beginning to forget about Charmander a bit. He snapped out of his amazement and decided it was time to leave before the Professor might find him.

"Robbin here... Your my pokemon now." The purple haired kid said to the brown and green pokemon who finished the apple. Chespin looked up to the boy and scratched his head. Igglyyy! Igglybuff was too excited for her own good and encouraged Chespin, but Robbin just ignored her existence. Chespin smiled with his eyes toward Igglybuff and then gave an unsure smile to Robbin. "Time to go now." Robbin lifted Chespin's pokeball and attempted to return Chespin, but the grass mammal dodge rolled out of the way.

"Huhhh?.. Fine." He decided when Chespin wouldn't go inside the ball. Robbin knelt down with his back facing the grass pokemon. "Hop on!" He encouraged Chespin to get on his back, and the pokemon surprisingly did so. Chespin clung to Robbin's shoulders as the boy stood up and walked back toward Beatrice. "Adios Bee, I'm going to challenge the first gym as soon as it opens." Robbin said to her, and Chespin looked at Bee with a curious look as he rode on the kids back. Robbin wasn't exactly sure who the gym leader was since the gym was having it's grand opening today and the leader wasn't yet revealed.

Last edited:
Alvin

"Tiaren...you mean like that manufacturing company from Mermadelle?" Alvin asked. He had seen some commercials from the company on the TV back home. 'You know...if she really is from that company, maybe I can tag along and some of that wealth will trickle down to me!' Alvin thought. But he then nodded his head and thought 'No, that wouldn't be right. Definitely not a good reason to tag along with somebody, just for free money. Besides, there's treasure waiting for me in Aquias!' It was at about this point that he saw a book that caught his eye Pokemon Training: For Dummies!. Well, Alvin was no dummy, but he did not have a lot of knowledge about Pokemon training, so he decided to have a look see.

In the book were several chapters of text describing very basic steps to training a Pokemon. It seemed to have a list of essential travel supplies and tips on how to discipline your Pokemon. Intrigued, Alvin flipped the page to a part of the Introduction.

Traveling with Others:

One of the biggest tips that I can give you is to share your Pokemon journey with others. Sure a solo adventure can result in many memories with your Pokemon, but it's important to spend some time in developing relationships with other people. They can help pick you up in your direst circumstances, such as that time I...

That was all Alvin needed to read. Obviously if the book said to do something, then it was probably a good idea! Alvin felt a little hesitant about letting on another passenger on his train to glory. After all, if he told them about the treasure, they might actually want a part of it, and that would mean less for Alvin overall. Not to mention one of them might try to get all of the treasure for themselves, up to and including murdering Alvin for it. Even so...help along the journey would be really helpful, and he didn't necessarily need to tell them the real reason why he was on a journey in the first place. After some more debate, he made up his mind: He was going to ask whether Lian was willing to travel with him or not. With that in mind, he awaited the answer to his previous question, intending to ask his next one afterwards.

"Mhm." Lian answered with a flick of her wrist as she flipped through a book. "I am my parents' second pride and joy." She joked with the young man.

He seemed nice enough, if not a little eccentric. But that was alright, eccentric usually meant a good head and an interesting time. Her father was as eccentric as a guy could get, and look at what he accomplished.

The Fenniken watched the Torchic with narrowed eyes before she slid down her trainers jacket. Liam looked on in confusion as the little Pokemon dropped to the ground then took off after the chick Pokemon. About halfway, she stopped as her giant ears flickered at a sound. The fire fox ran off in another direction and disappeared. Her trainer let the Pokemon explore since the area was enclosed. Whatever caught the fox's attention was either another person or maybe lunch.

What she wasn't expecting was for the little fox to return with a Happiny in her mouth. "Oh, my..." She watched as the Fennekin dropped the playhouse Pokemon at her feet then curled around her protectively. The Happiny snuggled into the warm fur of the fire fox, still sniffling and crying a bit.

"Hey there...Where's your trainer?" Something was very wrong for a Pokemon like Happiny to be crying. Just...so wrong. The Happiny sniffled and reached up with its little arms.

"Hap...hap." The sad face of the Pokemon broke the stoic trainer's heart until she reached out to pick her up.

"Ok, ok. There, there now. Let's see if we can get you returned yeah?" She looked at Alvin with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for my rudeness. This'll take a sec." The heiress retrieved her pokedex to check the trainer data for the Happiny, only to see that is was not owned. The Fenniken butted her shin gently with her head a few times, it took Lian a few seconds to get her meaning.

"I...well...ok. I can't just leave her here. You like her already, don't you?" The Fenniken gave her an unimpressed "Fenn." Lian pretended not to notice as she retrieved a pokeball. She tapped the Happiny with it, and was surprised when it remained caught. "Well then, looks like I have two Pokemon now." She said to Alvin. It wasn't quite in her plan for the perfect team, but...a Chansey would be incredibly useful...

She was interrupted by a man who looked scary in her eyes. He seemed annoyed that he can't find the lab. She felt a bit off with his smile, normally in this predicament, she just run away and call the cops, but she decided to be brave and tell him what he needed.

"Follow this road back into the entrance of Numera Town and continue straight on. Pass through the statue and through the townhouses and you should find the lab on top of the hill. Just follow the yellow brick road and you should be fine." The entrance was behind the gym and the history exhibition. Hopefully he can just continue in a straight line and he can reach the lab no problem. Alot of people who go to Numera Town don't get lost easily so maybe his sense of direction.

She also notice someone pass through her. She didn't get a good look, but she could tell it was a small kid, not someone who would be ready for a Pokemon Journey yet. Astrid kept him in his thoughts. Something wasn't right about the boy. But decided to let it go for now.

Recent Flashback

======​
Leonie stepped inside the lab, and was soon greeted by the Professor's assistant, "Hello there, my name is Kylie. I'll be standing in for the Professor while he leaves." Kylie gave a kind smile to the mint haired girl and then followed with, "Which pokemon will you choose for your journey?"

Leonie introduced herself politely to Kylie and then thought over the woman's question about her starter. Leonie had thought over all of the possibilities before coming and she knew for sure that she would choose a water or grass type pokemon as her partner. It was apparent to her that other trainers had come and taken a good amount of pokeballs, but she noticed that the Johto stand still had two pokeballs on it. She slid over to it and read the labels: Chikorita and Totodile. After considering the other stands, she found it difficult to choose from the Kanto or Johto stand. She narrowed her choice down to a water type, but she couldn't decide if she wanted Totodile the big jaw pokemon or Squirtle the water turtle.

"I know which!" Leonie said, and chose the far right pokeball on the Johto stand.

She held the blue crocodile's pokeball in her hand and smiled to herself. She had seen quite a few Squirtle back home in Mermadelle, but she hadn't seen very many Totodile. "Come out and meet me Totodile!" The mint haired girl said as she tossed the pokeball into the air which burst open and she caught the ball when it dropped back down. Out of the red light, a lazy looking Totodile appeared who seemed to be ready for a nap. Dile. The female crocodile said in a scratchy voice. "Hi!" Leonie shouted and knelt down to give her new partner a hug. The comfortable hug caused Totodile to begin to nod off. "Someone's sleepy." Leonie chuckled as she lifted her new pokemon off the ground.

"I have something for you." Leonie smiled and untied a handerchief from the side of her upper arm. "I hope you like it." She tied the jet black handkerchief around Totodile's neck and stepped back to look at her. Totodile gave her a sleepy look, and then closed her eyes again uninterested. "You look great!" Totodile wasn't sure what to think, but she didn't mind her new accessory. "C'mon, let's go eat a snack!" Leonie encouraged and led the way out of the doors after saying Goodbye to Kylie. She was really hoping to meet the professor, but she would have to another time. Leonie placed the case of pokeballs and Pokedex into her bag and headed for the food racks with Totodile resting in her arms.

"Good afternoon." Leonie raised her hand to wave politely to a girl with short green hair and a Treecko as Leonie walked by. The girl appeared to be looking for something or someone, so Leonie decided not to bother her. Leonie took a few macarons to go in a plastic box and some other snacks. "Here, try one." She offered a light blue macaron to her water starter and Totodile opened her eyes to take it with both hands. After devouring the delicious treat in one bite, Totodile's eyes ripped open and then she gave a pleased smile. Tota! She spoke in satisfaction. "I wonder what I'll name you?..." Leonie thought aloud in wonder.

======

Last edited:
"Oh, alright." If he said he got his Chespin at the lab, then he got it at the lab. Who was she to question it? Treecko jumped off her shoulders for a bit, and she hefted her backpack further up on her shoulder. She hung back as the group wandered off, but she did happen to see Chespin's vine whip. She smirked and glanced at Treecko, who was watching the Chespin carefully. "You can't do that, isn't that right?" Treecko glared at his trainer for a moment before he suddenly swung his tail around to smack her leg, though not hard enough to hurt her. Well, not to a major degree, anyway. She winced and stood on one leg for a moment, gingerly rubbing the spot she had been hit before returning to two feet and taking a step away from her Pokémon. "I was just joking." She told the green lizard indignantly, who replied with a short "Treec" nothing else, though it seemed to be in a better mood now for sure. "Just don't do that again."

The purple haired boy returned, declaring that he was going to challenge the Gym. "Oh, really?" Bee hadn't even had an actual battle yet, much less put any thought on battling the Gym leader. "I mean, I'd recommend maybe trying some battling- Ah, never mind." She dismissed the thought with a waved of her hand. "Good luck." She looked down where Treecko had been, but when it wasn't there. She began to look around, returning the "Good afternoon" of the girl who had gone by earlier who now had a Squirtle. She finally saw it climbing up the trunk of the apple tree that Chespin had just gotten an apple from. "Hey!" She ran over to the tree, to catch Treecko nestled amongst the branches, munching in an apple. "You've already had one!" She said to the Pokémon, who looked down at her. "Get down here! We have things to do!" She told the Treecko, who quickly finished off its apple before quickly climbing down and jumping onto the trainer's shoulders. Bee turned and walked to the path leading back to the town, humming an old song she'd known for as long as she could remember. She was thinking she and Treecko could go and look for some wild Pokémon that she might be able to catch. It would also help her get a feel for battle before she actually went to the Gym.

"Alright." Jorge replied. Without so much as a thank you he began to make his way towards the Pokemon Lab with the help of the girl's directions. Not before he took his first step a little boy rushed passed them and said, "Out of the way veggie head-" making Jorge almost lose his balance. "I'll squash your head you purple-headed brat!" Jorge yelled in retaliation. Before long the boy was already gone leaving Jorge looking like a fool. "When I find that kid..."

Jorge began to make his way passing the statue he's seen dozen times, many of the townhouses, and finally reaching the hill the girl told him about. "So that's what I've been looking for? Tch." Jorge begun his trip up the hill till he saw a familiar head of hair. "Hey you're that kid that almost made me fall!" he yelled along with the clench of his fists. "It's not a good idea to piss me off, especially when I was already in a bad mood."

Alvin

Torchic noticed the Fenniken approaching him, then turning around and going a different direction. Curious, it went over to see what had caught its attention. He saw a Happiny crying, and then the Fenniken took it along for a ride towards its trainer. He sighed in regret; here a fair maiden was needing help, and another had answered the call before him. Somewhat dejected, it started pacing around, before he heard the familiar voice of its trainer. "Hey Torchic, where are you?" Alvin called out, walking with the new book in his hand. The Torchic chirped, then walked over to Alvin, and got up on his shoulder. Alvin laughed, then looked towards Lian again. 'So, she is the daughter of the company owner then? Interesting.' he thought.

Focusing back on what Alvin wanted to ask, he looked at Lian. He was baffled when he saw that Lian had effectively gotten a new Happiny without any effort on her part. "Some people just get all the luck don't they?" he muttered under his breath. He took a few moments to compose himself, to which the Torchic looked at him. The Torchic wondered what was wrong, and, perhaps sensing this, Alvin said "I'm fine buddy." He then looked over to Lian and said "You know, I'm off for the gyms and the league as well. We're both headed in the same direction, so why don't we go together? We can even train off of each other! What do you say?" Then he looked at Torchic, as if asking the question to both Lian and Torchic.

"Torchic!" It replied happily, hoping that it would get to travel with a new friend soon.

Fenniken twirled in a little circle in excitement at the thought of traveling. Her fluffy little tail wiggled behind her as she headbutted her trainer's shin again. Lian, for her part, hummed in thought as she quickly weighed the pros and cons.

A training buddy would be great to bounce ideas off of as well as for training. She would have a companion, a human one, so she wouldn't feel AS lonely as she could have. Or...he could only be joining her because of her family name. "Well. I see no issue with joining you, but just so you know, my parents are not supporting me with money. I saved up while working with them in the company." She told the young man. "I have no incoming fortune, and I have no care packages coming from them. If you're ok with that, then sure. " Her tone was rather dry and cynical; eyes guarded and lost in a lost memory. "I want friends...y'know? If you want to be my friend...then ok..."

"Woah, woah Thugzilla- Take it easy." Robbin said with an innocent voice after being caught off guard. On his way to the gym, he crossed paths with the delinquent looking guy whom Robbin had run through before. "No beef, yo. Ya get me?" The young purple haired kid tried to impersonate his version of a thug.

Chespin gave the angry guy a curious blank stare as he clung to Robbin's shoulders, and Igglybuff had finally bounced up to them. She hopped in front of the delinquent guy and twirled while giving a little wave and bright smile. Iggly! "As an apology, I give you the Pokemon standing before us." Robbin announced with an encouraging smile, referring to Igglybuff. He really could care less about apologizing to the guy, but he saw this as an oppurtunity to possibly get rid of the pudgy pink ball of uselessness.

At Robbin's announcement, Igglybuff rolled away from the stranger and went to hug Robbins leg happily. She thought that Robbin was saying good things about her. "Go on to your new master..." Robbin mumbled while shaking his leg violently, but Igglybuff hung on tight. "I better go.... Badges won't collect themselves-" The purple haired boy stated as he began to ease passed the dark haired guy. He realized that Igglybuff wasn't letting go anytime soon and this guy wasn't looking too happy. "YOLO." Robbin remarked with a cute smile as he started to step away. He really just said it senselessly in an attempt to relate with some type of lingo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.