Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you." Bee replied when Astrid complimented her name. She took a bit of her roll as they introduced themselves, well Astrid introduced both of them, and brought up their goals. Astrid wanted to be a researcher and Professor, and Jay, who also happened to be Professor Atlas's nephew, a daycare owner. "Both of those sound great. It's nice to meet you." They really had better ideas than she did. Jay asked what her plans were. She thought about it for a moment, stirring her soup with her spoon. "I'm not really sure. I've had ideas, but I guess it depends on how this journey thing works out." She shrugged her shoulders as she spoke.

Bee was actually kind of surprised at how well she was doing socially. The only time she talked to people that weren't from the village was when trainers or travelers would go though, and even then she only talked to them if she had some kind of question about their Pokemon or what it was like outside of the village in other cities. Of course, she was also glad to talk to people that weren't wary of talking to her after the Asylum incident. Now that she thought back on it, it was pretty childish, and definitely not one of her better ideas.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a fairly nice looking car pulled up, and a girl stepped out. Shortly after Alvin walked out of the lab with a Torchic at his side. That reminded her of her own Pokemon, who she had yet to release. She kind of felt bad about it, but she was distracted when the new girl approached the Mega Alakazam, who promptly picked her up and moved her back. Bee tried not to look too amused, although, like the girl said, the Pokemon was pretty cool. Bee couldn't think of much to say to her, since her thoughts were turning to Alakazam. "That's your Professor Atlas's Alakazam?" She asked, still watching the Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astrid did take a interest of Jay's goal. Astrid never did see Jay as a daycare owner, since he isn't the social type, but perhaps he's good with Pokemon is what drove him to be a daycare owner. She thought about it too. Seeing Jay in a cute apron taking care of a Smoochum, Him smiling and taking care of all the cute baby Pokemon with cute smiles. She started to grin in real life and giggle. Until she realized she was going to far. "Sorry. Got a little carried away with something." She laughed a bit. "Having goals helps us become stronger, and so I will do my best to achieve my goals as a researcher and a professor. And with Jay with his Daycare Owner goal." She smiled at Jay with sincerely.

Astrid did notice Bee was a bit quiet when she was asked about her goal in the journey. It doesn't seem like she started here to become a Pokemon Master. There must have been something that forced her to come here to the lab and start her journey. "Well i'm sure you'll find something to follow once you get far in your journey." She took a bite out of her roll. She was about to ask where she lived until a car came in. It was quite nice looking too. Someone has a rich family. She thought to herself as the new trainer got out of the car. She watched as the girl petted the boy's Pokemon and walked over to admire Professor Atlas' Pokemon. Astrid knew what was going to happen. Alakazam doesn't like it when people get in his comfort zone when meditating and she expected the outcome. She was just moved back a few feet. This was something Alakazam did to Professor Atlas when he was meditating too in the past.

"Alakazam is one of those Pokemon that needs his space." Astrid said. "Professor Atlas first got him as a Abra just shortly after I started to work under him two years ago. He wanted to learn more about Alakazam and his mega evolution and to possibly be a good helper around the lab. He was quiet, but he always knew what we were thinking about too. He would help us out with stuff when we needed it too. He evolved into a Kadabra and then into an Alakazam shortly after he evolved as part of Professor Atlas' lesson for trading evolution. He was a tricky one, but he really doesn't mind giving the professor a hand around the lab when needed thanks to their bond." She looked at Mega Alakazam, who was still meditating. He gave a smile, knowing that Astrid was complimenting him. She took a few more bites off the bread, finishing it off and took out her pokeball.

"Professor Atlas gave me one last assignment. To explore around Epica and learn about the Pokemon and the habitats." she closed her eyes. "I'm a bit nervous, seeing how i'll be without the professor on this, but it's fine now that I have a Pokemon to keep me happy and the knowledge of a researcher." she opened her eyes again and smiled proudly. "So let's all do our best to achieve our future goals and for Bee to find a new goal she enjoys!" she shouted with enthusiasm.

The blue haired guy noticed that Astrid was looking at him with an odd gaze as if she were either judging him or imagining something. Jay adjusted in his seat a little uncomfortably. The red head began to giggle and it made Jay wonder if he should feel offended or curious. She said that she had gotten carried away with her thoughts and it caused Jay to turn his head slightly like a curious puppy. Astrid then followed with a statement about goals which distracted him from asking her what was so funny. She gave him a sincere smile which made Jay feel a little more at ease as he finished off his soup.

"You'll realize what you want when the time is right." Jay added, referring to Bee's unknown goal. A full stomach made talking become easier than it was before for Jay. From the distance, Jay pin pointed an awesome looking car approaching his uncle's lab. A strange, yet cute looking girl walked out of the luxurious Royce Phantom. The odd fashioned girl approached Alvin and his orange chick pokemon. After that she invaded Alakai's bubble which caused him to reposition her with psychic. Jay couldn't help, but chuckle quietly at the sight. It was the same thing that he'd do to his uncle Atlas whenever he'd get too close when Alakai was focusing on maintaining his mega form.

Bee had asked if Alakai was his uncle Atlas' pokemon and Astrid spoke up to answer her question. He nodded in agreement and the corners of his mouth raised when she explained Alakazam's origin quite accurately. Jay looked over to Alakai who had smiled to Astrid and noticed the cuff on his left ankle with an Alakazite embedded on it's surface. That's what allowed him to Mega evolve, yet Alakazam had managed to bend the rules. Normally pokemon only Mega evolved in battle, but Alakai learned how to achieve and maintain it without fighting. Perhaps it was his high self discipline and determination..... Jay wasn't sure. Mabey it was a a personal state of enlightenment or a close connnection to his own spirit that provoked the possibility?

Atrid's enthusiastic declaration caused Jay to shy away a little, but then he attempted a cheesy smile. "I should get going soon." He said as he stood from the table to get one last thing to eat. He came back with a tastey looking pecha berry pie. Just as the pecha berry cures poison from an affected pokemon, it's also great for cleansing the human body from toxins and infection. Jay enjoyed every bite of the rich tasting pie and his mind began to wonder of all the things that he might experience on his journey. What if he isn't able to achieve his dream? What if it isn't as self fufilling as he hopes it will be? These were certainly possibilities, but he just ignored the negative thoughts and tried to think more positively.

Bee nodded when they said she'd find a goal eventually, secretly glad that they didn't really ask too much about details or anything like that. She listened intently to Astrid's explanation of Alakazam's origin. "Interesting." She replied thoughtfully. Hopefully I can have a bond like that with my Pokemon. It certainly would be helpful during her travels. She looked back at the Alakazam, who she could have sworn was smiling at what Astrid had said. She couldn't fathom why it would be Mega Evolved right now, since from what she understood Pokemon only Mega Evolved in battle. This was certainly something she'd have to tell her brother about when she makes it back to Shadowveil. He adored Psychic type Pokemon.

Astrid went on to explain why she was actually going on the journey. An assignment? Bee smiled. I'm sure you'll do great, Astrid." She already seemed to know a lot about Pokemon, from what Bee could tell. She'll be a good researcher. And even though Astrid's excited declaration was kind of cheesy for Bee, she couldn't help but to nod in agreement. "Sounds like a plan." She agreed before she finished off her soup and rested her elbows on the table, locking her fingers together to rest her chin on her hands. Jay mentioned he should probably be going soon, which kind of confused her for a split- second, though it did make sense. After all, both he and Astrid probably had family here or somewhere near Numera that they needed to see before they left. Meanwhile, she'd be saying hello to her own about halfway to Cloudsloom. Hopefully by then, she'd be good enough to prove her point.

Alvin

As the duo exited the lab, a rich looking girl approached the lab and pet his Torchic without asking for his permission. "O...kay? Well, I guess he is a cute little guy isn't he?" Alvin stated. Torchic seemed rather annoyed, but kept on walking, trying to ignore who it considered something of a hooligan. They approached the table where the others were, and upon seeing all the food, he remarked "Why didn't you guys tell me you had food here! Time to chow down! Come along Torchic!" Alvin rushed to the table, but Torchic, having had it's fill of food before being owned by Alvin, walked slowly to the table.

Alvin started to grab a plate of food, a fairly modest portion, due to his home training not to waste any food, then sat down across from Jay. Quite famished from the journey to Numera Town, and having skipped breakfast that day, he snarfed down the food rapidly. Then he said "My compliments to the chef! Who makes this anyways?"

Before an answer came, he then thought of something. 'If there are this many people here, then now would be a great time to battle one of these suckers!' he mused. Then he looked around for targets. He could challenge either Astrid or Beatrice, but he decided to let them off easy today. He attempted to justify it to himself saying that they were female, and wouldn't like the stress of battling. That just left Jay. After an answer to his previous question came, he said, pointing towards Jay "Well then, we've all got our Pokemon now. I challenge you to a Pokemon Battle Jay!"

Kristy found the whole situation to be rather entertaining to say the leas, she of course kept her distance from the mega evolved alakazam as she was never the fan of psychic types, sure they're strong and all but she prefers to just to keep her distance from them though maybe she'll get a abra or something one day but for now she'l stick with her cyndaquil whom she nicknamed Tosca, well she hasn't released it from it's pokeball yet but she has a nickname in mind anyway.

She was very much just as eager to start her journey as Kyrie is whom had grabbed her pokedex and pokeballs prior to leaving the lab, Kyrie had her pikachu Benny perched on her shoulder.

damn writers block.

Stepping back a few feet, the girl with the mint colored hair retrieved a petite digital camera from a mini silver pouch on the side of her belt. Getting Alakai in focus, she readied the camera to take a nice snap shot of the mega Alakazam. Just then, Alakai extended his arms and legs and his feet touched the ground softly. When the picture was taken, Alakai was already glowing in bright energy. When the glowing ceased, there was no longer an Mega-Alakazam, but a Alakazam in it's normal form.

Leonie's eyes began to sparkle as she marveled at the picture that she had just taken. In the pic, Alakai was still in his Mega form shining in a beautiful aura of neon blue and hues of purple. The photo Leonie had taken resembled that of a holographic pokemon card. Dad will LOVE this!.. Leonie thought to herself as she began to walk backwards a foot or two more. As she spun around to walk toward the lab, she accidentally bumped shoulders with another girl who was standing with a smaller girl who had a Pikachu.

The shoulder bump caused Leonie to drop her favorite camera onto the grass and she shouted in panic, "NO." As she bent down to pick up her camera, she spoke toward the girl that she had knocked into, "Sorry about that." Leonie's cheeks changed a coral red in embarrassment.

________________________________________________________________________________

Jay looked up from his pie when he heard the boy Alvin yelling over to them. The kid with the Torchic fixed a plate and decided to sit directly in front of Jay. Jay blinked at him slowly as the kid began swiftly shoveling the food into his mouth. Jay was thrown off by Alvin's spontaneous battle challenge, but he kept his composure. He went on to answer Alvin's question about the chef first distractedly, "Uhm- Professor Atlas prepared the food." Jay finished the last biteful of pecha berry pie and continued, "Some of it was ordered, some provided by the townspeople, and the rest he made. My uncle is quite talented at cooking." He then responded to Alvin's battle challenge with a question, "Why do you feel the need to randomly battle with your pokemon?" Jay looked to Alvin curiously with his teal eyes and awaited an answer.

Alvin had soon joined the three of them at the table, along with the two other girls that had received Pikachu and Cyndaquil. The younger girl who had received. He had his fill of food, the whole time his mind seemed to be moving a mile a minute. Before Bee knew it, Alvin had challenged Jay to a Pokémon battle.

"Wait, what?" She asked, clearly confused by the sudden exclamation. To be entirely honest, she had stopped paying attention for a moment to take out her own Pokeball to examine it, only to be distracted once more by a light she caught out of the corner of her eye. This light stood in the place where the Mega Alakazam had been meditating, leaving a regular Alakazam in its place once it faded away. Oh. It was a bit of a disappointment, but she supposed it wasn't supposed to last as long as it did, anyway. At Alvin's declaration, Bee slowly returned her Pokeball to her pocket, not wanting to become involved in a battle before even getting to know her Treecko. Somebody's eager to battle. Not that it was a bad thing, but she wasn't sure that battling just outside the lab where they had just received their Pokémon was the best of ideas.

It wasn't long before more people showed up. Astrid remember seeing this kid on her way out of the laboratory. He looked like a normal kid that had a potential for top percentage in the world shortly following of the thought of him owning a Rattata. It's always good to have more people around. she looked at the new kid. But the thought was stopped when he asked Jay into a battle. That was fast. He's already looking for a fight. Guess I was right on my first thought for him. she looked a bit shocked after the challenge from the boy to Jay. She finished her soup and bread and got up to put away the bowl.

"Well it was fun getting to know you guys. I think i'll finish up and be on my way. Hopefully i'll see you guys later in the future." She gave a soft smile and left, taking her stuff in the laboratory and cleaning it while Professor Atlas was busy with stuff. After cleaning up after herself, she left the laboratory and went outside of Numera Town. She took out her Pokeball and opened it, releasing the Pokemon from it's home. The brown fox appeared and smiled while saying. "Eeeeeve!" The fox looked at Astrid and looked at her with a soft smile. Astrid bent down to Eevee and picked it up. "Hey Eevee. Starting now, you'll be my wonderful assistant in helping me with my future research." She petted the Eevee while it purred. "Eeeeeeeve." She was enjoying being petted by her new trainer that it snuggled up to Astrid. Astrid looked around, being on the road to Thunderlight Village and asked herself this question in her mind.

Now the question is, what will be my first thing to do to research on here?

A young girl slid off of an Arcanine in the middle of the Pokemon Park in Numera Town. The older woman that was still on the Pokemon chuckled softly at the somewhat sour look on the teen's face. "You'll do fine, Lian." The Legendary Pokemon butted his furry head against the girl's chest. The teen couldn't help the laugh at the pokemon's insistence for letting, and indulged him by scratching at his ears. "Now remember, choosing your starter is very important. Don't worry about typing, just find a compatible Pokemon." She said in a gentle but stern tone.

Lian nodded once then sighed, "I...will try, Mother. Have a safe journey home, ok?" She looked up into matching green eyes and gave a small smile at the proud look on the woman's face. "When you see me again, I'll be challenging our hometown's gym. You'll come see me, right?" The question was hesitant, and accompanied by a unsure bite of the lower lip.

"Of course honey. I will be there for sure. I'll ask your father when I get back. Check in no less than once a week. Stay safe, and remember your lessons, best as you can. I'll want a battle when you get home." She said before the Arcanine kneeled. The woman kissed her daughter's forehead then the two took off. Lian waved at their backs as she tried valiantly to not cry. She was alone...for the first time in a very long time. She felt overwhelmed. Regardless, she had a task she needed to complete before the sun went down. Her mind made up, she ran off to the Pokemon Lab to try and get in before it closed--Maybe? Kind of? She didn't remember if it ever closed.

She saw some people leaving the Pokemon Lab and quickly made her way passed them with firm "Excuse me"s. She could make nice later, for now, she needed her first Pokemon.

She didn't see the Professor when she made it to the pokeball stands, so she took the time to really look over her options. While most of the poleballs had been picked over, she saw that her first choice had not been. With a smile, she lifted the pokeball of Fennekin and held it tightly. "Hey there...If you'd have me, I'd like to be your trainer, Little One." She spoke to the ball. The Fox Pokemon had always interested her since her mother had talked about the first time she'd seen one. The typing was an interesting one, and it kind of matched her own personality in a way. "I can't wait to meet you." She said while she waited around to tell the Professor.

"Welcome." Prof. Atlas said as he stepped from the back where the Pokeball room was. He looked at the new girl and saw the pokeball in her hand. "Looks like you already know which pokemon you want." He said with a yawn. Atlas walked to the middle of the room and pointed his hand toward the center stand. "You'll find these useful as well while on your journey." He stated, referring to the case of empty pokeballs and the pokedex.

Da! A voice of a pokemon came from the Pokeball room. A spotted panda pokemon with swirly eyes stumbled into the main room and hugged the Professor's leg. Da! Spin! Spinda held something in it's paw that was quickly blocked from view by Prof. Atlas. The professor gave a uneasy grin as if he were hiding something and said with forced laughter, "Did you finish eating already?" The Professor asked who had fixed a bowl of pokemon food for the Spinda in the other room. "Now- now let's go on back in here." He said guiding the Spinda back into the back room.

Today's the day. Can't ruin the surprise. The professor thought, as he was being unnecessarily paranoid. The professor stepped back into the room where Lian was and said. "Fennekin the fire fox starter. I'm sure you will be pleased with your decision." Prof. Atlas said quickly. "Good luck on your journey." He wished the girl farewell. As he did this, he returned to the back where Spinda was and cracked the door. Atlas meant to ask her, her name and such, but he was too distracted with what he was doing in secrecy.

Last edited:
Lian looked towards the Professor when he began talking. "Thanks." Her tone was suspicious of the man, but she was rather grateful that he didn't get mad at her for just walking in. She grabbed a pokedex and the pokeballs for her journey. Her next words were interrupted by the Spinda. She remained silent and watched the Professor, suspicion growing with each odd sentence and gesture.

She nodded once when he wished her luck but was struck by his disinterest. While she could be...arrogant at times, it struck her as odd that the man showed such little care in whom was taking a Pokemon. Was he so distracted earlier? What if someone had stolen a Pokemon while he was back there? To sate her "troubled" mind on the matter, she "investigated" the cracked door once the professor disappeared.

Alvin

Alvin was taken aback by Jay's comment, then said "Well, uh..." He hadn't actually thought about it before, he just took it for granted that people would want to battle. It was tradition after all for two trainers to battle immediately after they got their starters! Thinking about it he said "...I want to get a head start at training my Pokemon, and getting to know them for the road ahead!"

Alvin turned his head away and considered his answer for a moment. What did he intend to gain out of this Pokemon training? Guardians for his treasure hunting yes, but what would he do after that? He decided that he was going to try to make friends with his Pokemon, so that they'd all enjoy the adventure together. He nodded his head in affirmation to himself, then looked at Jay again.

Missing the blatantly obvious hint that Jay did not want to battle, he followed up with "So, you gonna battle me or are you too Torchic!"

The Pokeball room was filled with shelves upon shelves of pokeballs and, near the front, was a sleek modern desk with a nice desktop computer. On the computers screen was a surveillance window of the front lobby along with other rooms of the laboratory. Prof. Atlas took the object in Spinda's paw and placed it in a small glass case. The object appeared to be some sort of badge. The details of the badge could barely be seen as the professor tucked it away in his lab pocket.

"Hurry and eat. We need to leave within the next hour." On the professor's desk were two pokeballs, one was Spinda's, and the other was of another pokemon that he had chosen for something. The professor kept an eye on the Pokeball stands upon the surveillance screen and noticed that the brunette girl who had chosen Fennekin must've left. Where is she? Professor Atlas thought to himself a little impatiently.

"Hello?" Came a voice from behind Lian. A woman in a gray lab coat and short silvery hair had spoken. She had entered through the back door with her own key. The lady looked at Lian with her icey blue eyes and had a questioning expression on her face. She wondered why the girl was just standing outside the Pokeball room. "Did you need something?" She asked the girl who appeared to be spying through the cracked door. That's when the door to the Pokeball room began to open.

Professor Atlas opened the door when he heard voices outside and he was taken aback to see Lian again. "Kylie- You made it..." He said with a welcoming smile to the other woman while blocking the door. He looked to Lian with a slightly confused expression "Sorry, did you have a question?" Atlas asked. His head assistant, Kylie, had a suspicious look on her face, but the professor didn't seem to notice. They both looked at the girl and awaited an answer. Kylie was curious to hear the girl's answer.

"Isn't that a little insulting toward your own pokemon?.." Jay replied to Alvin's tease, feeling a little confused now. "Contrarily, Torchic tend to have courageous personalities." He looked to Alvin's starter pokemon and gave the little chick a friendly smile. "It's actually quite natural for them to be brave fighters since they evolve into half fighting types." Jay couldn't help, but feel a tad offended by Alvin's joke- only because he really cared about pokemon. He decided to lighten up since the kid was only trying to have some fun. Fun that Jay didn't really understand or agree with. The blue haired kid then decided to address Alvin's answer to his own question, "There's other ways to train your pokemon, you know?"

Jay noticed Astrid beginning to leave and he replied to her shyly, "Same to you." He got up from the table to clean up his mess and then returned. Jay knelt down with his silver colored backpack and unzipped the main pocket to grab something. "A gift for Torchic." In Jay's hand was a blue and yellow colored fruit that he offered to Alvin. "It's a Passho Berry. I was going to give it to my fire starter, but I decided to choose a water type instead." Jay gave another smile to the cute Torchic as he began to leave. "For now, I have somewhere to be. It was nice meeting you both." He said to Bee and Alvin before walking away.

Last edited:
Lian had managed to keep the jump of surprise inside of her head when the woman approached her. She turned with a bit of a smile on her lips, and looked the woman over quickly before she replied. "Not really. Just exploring around as this is my first time here." She explained as she idly played with the pokeball in her hand. "It's very different...being on solid ground. I keep wondering how everything is so still."

She looked over towards the professor when he came back. "Not a question per say. You looked to be...preoccupied and left in quite the hurry. I was looking for you so I could register my name as the Fennekin's trainer as well as for my trainer card. My mother told me to make sure I did so before I started my adventure." She gave a sheepish grin, "So, I went to look for you. Then got distracted myself." She gestured towards the door that was left open. It was hastily put together, but as her father always said: The best lies always consist of some truths.

Alvin

Alvin was stung by Jay's retort to him. He looked over to the Torchic, who seemed...somewhat hurt actually. "Oh uh...I'm sorry about that Torchic." he said, rather embarrassed by the whole thing. The Torchic looked up to him, then to Jay, who mentioned some facts about the Torchic line. Some feelings stirred in the little chick, a desire to be as courageous as the aspiring breeder had said. At the smile, it smiled back and chirped happily. Alvin made a small smile as well, relieved that the Torchic was happy again, then was taken aback by Jay's remark that there was more to training than battling. "Oh, really?" he asked, he honestly had never heard about somebody not battling with their Pokemon, at least on occasion. Probably due to the fact the only TV shows he had a habit of watching were ones dedicated to battling. He decided to leave it at that, as he felt he was coming off more and more as a big jerk.

He then turned towards Astrid "Oh, you're off? Best of luck to you then!" Alvin saw her walking off, when Jay suddenly gave him a Passho Berry. He, at least, knew that the Passho Berry was useful in battle, but could not put his finger on what exactly it did. "Ah, thanks! Nice meeting you too!" he said. As the two walked off, he continued sitting, going over in his head what his next move was. After some review, he realized that he had absolutely no idea how to actually train one of these Pokemon! Alvin laughed a little at himself for his incompetence. For the moment, he decided to give the berry to the Torchic, except he ran into one problem. Hold it where exactly? As far as he could tell, the Torchic had no arms, or anything else to actually hold it with! He scratched his head for a few seconds, then decided that it was time to do some shopping. While he did not have a ton of money on him, he had saved up some funds for the trip, which he could use to purchase a training book and maybe something for that berry dilemma. His course set, he walked over to the local bookstore to see what he could find.

[fieldbox="Laboratory, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]"You must be from Mermadelle." Kylie said to Lian. "I've been there plenty of times to know what you're talking about." The silver haired woman flashed a smile to the girl. When Lian gave her answer, Kylie still wasn't sure if she completely bought her excuse. She decided to give Lian the benefits of the doubt though. Kylie directed her attention to the professor now, "Glad to see you Professor. I'm on time today." She gave him a sweet smile and awaited his response. Kylie had been Professor Atlas' head assistant for many years now and she was almost always available when she was needed by the professor. Today she was here to look over the lab when the professor would leave.

"Good, good.'" Professor Atlas said to Kylie and returned a smile with a lazy yawn. He listened to Lian's question and answered accordingly, "You can register Fennekin by hovering your Pokedex over him or her and using the star feature to signify your ownership." He had another yawn before continuing and was a bit surprised she hadn't heard of what he'd say next, "There's an app on the Pokegear that has replaced the Trainer card. The app is linked to your bank account and synced with you Pokedex, so that you have all the info that you need. If you don't have a Pokegear, then I highly recommend you get one at the nearest Pokemart." He informed her. "I believe the Library may sell them too." Prof. Atlas added.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Grand Museum, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]Inside the grand museum was cool, and chills formed up Jay's arms as he entered into the buidling. Home. he thought. A strange place for one to call their home, but Jay didn't even think twice about the matter. The museum had been his home for quite awhile after his father left. His mother, Sapphia, rented two small rooms in the 'employees only' area. The owner of the museum allowed this since he and Sapphia were childhood friends. Sapphia's love of history and devotion to her work, removed her desire to buy another house. She sold the old house, because it reminded her of her husband who left her and Jay.

The discovery room was huge with spotless glass displays covering up the floor in an organized fashion. Concealed within each display were historical artifacts and mysterious pokemon fossils. The skeleton of an ancient Charizard stood in the center of the museum along with the skeleton of a Tyrantrum beside it. Both of their skeletons were set up to where it appeared they were challenging eachother to a battle. There were paintings of legendary pokemon in their natural habitats all over the walls and even ancient coins from sea voyages long ago. Jay walked passed a display with a stone plate inside. On the plates surface was the symbol of an unknown from the Johto region.

Jay made his way to the side desk where his mother stood behind, studying the ripped pages of a journal. Her hair was a darker blue than Jay's, but when she looked up from her glasses to realize he was here, her teal green eyes were the exact same as his. She was dressed in what an archaeologist would wear, but she wore it in good fashion. "Jay." Sapphia said with a loving smile. "I'm glad you finally came to see me. How was your trip to the lab?" She asked, adjusting the strap on her beige overhauls.

"It was fine. Sorry I'm late, I met some new friends." Jay said a bit oddly. He wasn't one to easily make friends, so it felt weird saying that he had. "I have this." He reached inside his pocket and pulled out Froakie's pokeball.

"That's great hun! I'm happy you met some kids your age." She said with a pleased smile. Sapphia closed the journal she was reading and stepped from behind the desk. "Let's see which pokemon you chose."

"Ok." Jay said with a slight smile. He rolled the pokeball onto the marble floor and waited as the ball burst open and the red energy swirled onto the floor. A short, blue, and lanky frog pokemon with large, round eyes blinked up at him. A little croak escaped his froggy throat and he looked from side to side to take in his surroundings. Froakie blinked again at Jay and sprang into the air. The blue frog landed sideways onto the closest display of historical pokeballs. His sticky feet and white fingers allowed him to stick to the side of the glass as he gazed at Jay a few moments more.

"Hello there. It's great to finally meet you." Jay said kindly. Jay walked over to give Froakie a rub on the head, but Froakie sprang away and landed on the next display. "Looks like he hasn't adapted to human interaction." Jay thought aloud. He set down his silver back pack and took out the box of sushi rolls that he grabbed from the food rack outside the lab before leaving. He opened up the box and chose a small delicious looking roll and offered it to Froakie. A small croak escaped from the frog's thoat again and he looked at Jay with an unsure stare. Froakie flicked out his tongue and stole the sushi roll from Jay's hand in an instance. Jay chuckled and edged over to his new partner in a non threatening manner.

"You like those don't you?" Jay asked with a short laugh. He placed his hand onto Froakie's white puffy neck and pet him carefully. The short blue frog croaked and pressed himself against the glass to avoid anymore pets. Jay slipped his fingers under Froakie's belly and lifted him from the side of the glass. Froakie croaked louder and cried Kieeee Froakie tried to squiggle out of Jay's grasp, but Jay kept him there and raised him to his face. "I won't harm you." Jay said when Froakie's large pupils met his own eyes. When Jay smiled, Froakie sprung from his hands and stuck to Jay's shirt. The lanky frog pokemon clung to Jay's chest awkwardly and looked around the room with a nervous stare. Jay looked down at his chest and smiled slightly. He raised his hand to squeeze his shoulder and chuckled unsurely. "I'm sure we'll get use to eachother...." Jay said to his mother who witnessed it all.

"He's too adorable, Jay." Sapphia said with a warm smile. "He reminds me of you a little." She teased with a laugh.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"Oh, you're going? Alright, see you around, hopefully." Bee waved to Astrid as she walked away, though she wasn't sure if the other girl saw it. While Jay and Alvin talked, she got up and put her own bowl away and grabbed an apple, which she put in her jacket pocket that didn't have a Pokeball in it. By the time she got back, Jay seemed to have talked Alvin out of a battle, and was giving him some kind of berry for his Torchic.

"Okay. It was nice meeting you, too," She said as Jay left, shortly after which she said bye to Alvin and left as well. As she walked, she took her Pokeball out and examined it. She was more than ready to meet her Pokémon, but she wanted to do so somewhere that both she and the Treecko would be more comfortable; somewhere away from a lot of people that was quieter than Numera's Square. For her, that would be the Park, which was one of the few, if not the only place she had visited upon arriving here.

Her walk was undisturbed, and as soon as Bee reached the Pokémon Park, she retreated under the shade of a nice tree once again. While the sun was nice and all, she found comfort in the shade of building and trees and the occasional cloud that blotted out the sun, when it would at least be a little darker. She liked the dark, and her first few days traveling outside of Shadowveil in the actual sun typically ended with headaches. While it took some getting used to how bright everything actually was when not under a torch or lantern, she could definitely travel in the daylight now.

She set her backpack down at the base of the tree, then looked at the Pokeball in her hand. "Here goes nothing." Bee tossed the Pokeball up in the air, where it burst open, releasing a green lizard Pokémon in a red stream of light. There was a moment when nothing really happened. The Treecko looked around, taking in its surroundings before looking at the girl next to it. Bee sat down so she wouldn't tower over it. "Hey there." She said as she reached a hand out to it.

"Ko!" The Pokémon laid both of its hands on hers before it ran to the tree, climbing up into one of the lower branches. "Wait, where are you going?" She asked the Pokémon, who seemed to be waiting for her. She stood up and walked to the base of the tree, which caused the Treecko to climb up higher into the tree. "No, wait." She frantically looked for the lowest branch that she could reach, which she still ended up having to jump to grab ontp and pull herself up. In the meantime, the Pokémon had moved up higher. "Stay there." She pointed up at the lizard Pokémon. "Tree!" It replied before perching on the branch it was on, which fortunately wasn't too high up. Bee nodded to herself. Good... She slowly made her way up the tree, eventually reaching the level her Treecko was at.

"Alright. I'm here. What is it?" She asked, carefully sitting herself on the branch so she wouldn't lose her balance. The Treecko jumped to the branch she was on and climbed onto her shoulders. "Treecko." It pointed to a spot where you could see through the foliage of the tree. Bee stared though it for a moment, admiring the view, before she felt Treecko jump off her shoulders, nearly making her lose her balance in the process. "Hey!" But the Pokémon was already climbing down, and Bee tried to follow it quickly. She successfully made it to the lowest branch, which she tried to jump off of gracefully, but ended up face-planting in the grass. Treecko walked over to her and placed both of its hand on the back of her head after she had lain there in defeat for a moment. "Ko?" It seemed to be asking a question. "I should have seen that coming." She said to it picked herself up off the ground and patted the lizard Pokémon on the head. She readjusted her hat and dusted herself off. "Alright, so do you want to look around a little while we're here?" She asked the Treecko. It climbed up into the tree and jumped onto her shoulders. "Treecko!" Bee nodded as if in agreement, though she honestly couldn't tell if the Pokémon was really trying to tell her anything. "Alright, that's what we'll do then." She left the shade of the tree, talking to her Pokémon as she went. Eventually they were back in the center of town, viewing the different buildings and such. "You need a name, I think." She remarked absentmindedly to Treecko. She'd try to come up with something before they left Numera.

"The Library? Ok. I'll head there. Thank you, Professor." She said with a nod to both him and his assistant. She headed back the way she came for the exit.

When she was outside, she let out a breath then looked at the pokeball. "Well...let's get a good look at you, eh?" She said before she released the Pokemon. With a bright flash of light, the Fire Fox Pokemon stood in front of her. She kneeled down to get a good look at it, as it did the same to her. "Hey there." She offered her hand to it, "My name is Lian. And I'm your trainer." The fox nuzzled her hand with its nose then licked her fingers. She smiled and pulled her hand back so she could register the Pokemon in her pokedex. It too her a bit, but she finally managed to get it to work. "So...you're a girl...?" She blinked a bit when the Pokemon seemed to roll her eyes.

"Kin." She said to her trainer.

"Er....right. Come on, Smart Mouth, your moron of a trainer has to get a pokegear." She said before she scooped the fox into her arms. The Pokemon settled immediately in the warmth and licked her chin. "You're...pretty laidback aren't you?" She asked her new Pokemon as she walked towards the Library.

Well...more like tried to find it and not get lost. Her Pokemon helpfully pointed out a sign, which prompted a thankful sigh and a rub to the ears from her trainer. The Pokemon tilted her head closer to the touch, but didn't acknowledge the thanks. Lian filed that away for later, she was either quite an arrogant little Pokemon, or was much too modest. Not shy per say, since the Pokemon seemed to be quite comfortable. She just hoped she'd be a good trainer for the little Pokemon. "You need a name..." She thought to herself until they reached the library.

"Hello?" She called out. She let the Fennekin scratch at her jacket until she had a good hold, then boosted her onto shoulder. The Pokemon scrambled a bit until she got a good foot hold then settled around her neck, fluffy tail on one shoulder and a curious little snout on the other.

"Fennekin!" The little Pokemon called with her trainer. Lian laughed a little bit and gave her Pokemon an affectionate rub beneath the chin.

"Quite the voice you have, eh?"

Jorge
The first step into a new journey. "Damn it's bright." a young man complained shading his eyes from the sun. Numera Town a place opposite of Thunderlight in many ways from Numera's sunny skies to Thunderlight's constant rain and Numera's historical buildings compared to Thunderlight's steel factories. This was all new to the young man, he wasn't used to seeing everyone so happy out and about, everyone conversing with each other, the kids and Pokemon playing. This would indeed be a new experience.

"Hey shrimps! M'ask you something." he yelled beckoning towards the kids. The children stopped their game and looked at him momentarily followed by running away and screaming bloody murder towards a couple of older women who were presumably their mothers.

"Leave our kids alone!" they screamed almost simultaneously.

"I didn't even do anything, but I'll give them something to cry about!" he barked in retaliation. "While I have you grannies attention though. Tell me where the Pokemon Lab is."

"Go away or I'm calling the police!" one of them yelled.

"Yea, whatever..." he muttered walking away.

The young man began to walk around the town asking the locals for directions, but no luck. He was lost and everyone was too scared to tell him what he wanted to know. Walking for what seemed to be hours he wound up at a large statue. He approached it coming upon a plaque with the name Ash Ketchum. 'Ash huh? What'd you do that was so great?' he wondered backing up. "What about you Jorge. What're you gonna do? Nothing if I don't find this damn lab first." Jorge rested on a nearby bench for a moment regaining his composure from hours of walking. Even though he wasn't bothering anyone, when he looked at the crowd it seemed everyone took the effort to not be within 10 steps of him. Jorge spat on the ground and stood up to look for the troublesome building.

Another hour passed by with Jorge looking for the lab and yet this time he found himself back at Numera Town's exit. "Oh my Arceus... How big is this damn town!" he shouted followed by another spit on the ground. He looked around and saw a redheaded girl carrying a brown fox-like Pokemon his way. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked up to her. "Hey, Red... I have a question to ask." he smiled in such a way he must have looked hostile. "Where the hell is the Pokemon Lab." he followed up with a look of annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.