Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Apollo, firebrick"]
haduki_you_by_juneshero-dattli6.png

Time passed as more people filled the lab. Apollo was still gazing at the images of the pokemon, searching for the perfect partner. He now cradled Alti in his arms like a baby, listening to the lillipup's soft breathing. For someone as arrogant and flashy as he was, he was certainly tender when it came to his pokemon companions.

And why wouldn't he be? His darling Alti was absolutely perfect. He refused to believe otherwise. At first, he had been hesitant about battling. It had been Alti who insisted in her own way. Reluctantly, he let her battle, and discovered that she was certainly a force to be reckoned with. The tiny dog pokemon had mowed down her fair share of pokemon by now. Of course, Apollo had dedicated hours to training, wanting to be the best he could be for her.

"It suits him." Apollo commented to Nessa, leaning over as he watched Lyle select popplio. "Popplio grows into a very powerful pokemon, anyways. But don't tell him I told you." The redhead said mischievously, an impish glint in his eye. "As for piplup... I find that it suits your cuteness better." He flirted blatantly, before dropping his flamboyant demeanor for a moment. "Empoleon's steel and water typing is pretty unique, anyways."

However, he heard Lavender speak. The dark-haired girl seemed to be choosing her starter. And that was an opportunity that Apollo simply couldn't pass up on. He strode over to her, a wide grin on his features.

"Rowlet, huh?" The redhead piped up, suddenly beside her. "It evolves into a ghost and grass type, and it has a pretty swell set of moves it can learn... And it's so cute, too~" He drawled, moving his gaze along the different pokemon. He flitted away from Lavender, drawing his attention to another dog-like pokemon.

"Rockruff, huh?" He questioned, humming softly. It was a cute pokemon. But more importantly, what it evolved into changed depending on the time of day. He barely skimmed over the moveset, knowing a fair amount of it. His appreciation of canine pokemon caused him to research them extensively.

"Oooh, professor!" He called out, waving his arms excitedly. "Can I have rockruff, pleaaaase?" Now that he had made his choice, excitement started to build up inside of him!

rockruff.png

Rockruff
The Puppy Pokemon
Rock Type
Adamant Nature
Moves - Tackle, Leer, Sand Attack
[/fieldbox]

This is it, peering from behind nearly closed laboratory doors with pursed lips, Melelani continued to wrestle with her thoughts, my last chance to run away.

Perched atop her head was an over stimulated dragon fly, her wings twitched sporadically as she tried to refrain from giving away their position, but was taking in the next room and chirping quietly at the sight of bright things and little creatures. It was her first time indoors, really, and more importantly her first time seeing all those odd looking little animals just on the other side of the doors.

"You know what, I'm already late," Lani concluded with mock regret, starting to push away from the door. "'might as well - hey! No! Wait! Don't go in there!"

Ascending and entirely ignoring the girl's plea, the bug made its presence known by zipping into the lab, emitting a high frequency sound that was meant to be a greeting, but was far from pleasant to the ears of the humans. It buzzed around the strangers in a bumbling manner, marble like, emerald eyes invading everyone's personal space - the doors soon flung open and in ran Lani, who moved around everyone with a swiftness accompanied by a constant murmur of apologies, "Sorry! She won't sting you!" She reached up, bumping into who she'd come to know as the professor.

"Sorry mister!" She followed it around, apologizing to whomever's head the fly landed on for temporary relief, catching every single item the bug knocked over in it's weak but constant flight and setting it back as if this were a routine act. At one point it lowered itself whilst Lani was attempting to pick up the shards of glass left from a knocked over beaker, pressing its face to the little, previous indifferent penguin out of pure curiosity. The piplup did not respond well, however, and puffed up it's cheeks, before slapping the bug right across the face with its wing - vibrava drew back in shock, though easily dodged the oncoming bubbles.

Eventually getting tangled up in some electronic chords stretched across the floor, Mele took a not so elegant tumble to the floor, landing with a thud and deciding just to lie there out of embarrassment. It was then that she felt that familiar weight settle her head, followed by the light gripping of her hair. The dragonfly had landed, about as tuckered out as the female, of whom propped her chin on her hand, bared an unenthusiastic expression and huffed loudly, "So unnecessary!"

Vibrava gazed down at her with a funny look, confused as to why she was reacting in such a way.

ツ​

[fieldbox="Lewie's Lab & The Cove, hotpink, dotted, 10, Trebuchent MS"] "Pikachu." Lewie confirmed to the light blonde, and gave her the pokéball. "Take care of eachother." He said to the pokéball and Cleo. @Takumi

Apollo's words drew Nessa's awareness back into the overall setting, as she realized that her focus on Lyle's excitement caused her to drown out everything else. "Yup..." Replied Nessa with an unsure tone.

Nessa wasn't expecting Apollo to flirt with her, so it was kinda like a sucker punch. "Thanksss." She said a tad awkwardly to him. ''Oh yeah. I'd take Piplup in a heartbeat, but Lyle wants the seal so I'll go with her."

Not long after that, Apollo began striding around to choose a pokémon, and then called over to the Professor like a cheery little school girl or something. Lewie nodded to him and held up Rockruff's pokéball for Apollo to come and get it.

That's when Nessa noticed the heavenly creature Lavender who had chosen Rowlet to be her partner. Nessa edged over to the pretty girl and tried to play it cool.

"So you like owls." Nessa tried to say. Well of course Lavender did, or else she wouldn't have chosen Rowlet. Nessa sometimes became Captain Obvious around a crush. An outburst caused her to jolt around to see what was happening.

A random girl bumped into the Professor and knocked Rockruff's pokeball out of his hand and it rolled to Apollo's feet conveniently. Lewie grunted in irritation, but then realized it was an accident by a new student. He then witnessed the chaos unfold. @Mami Tomoe

Before Nessa knew it, a dragonfly was all in Piplup's grill and the short penguin wasn't having it. Piplup pimp slapped the intruding Vibrava and blew a barrage of bubbles that were sent flying toward Lavender's face in an attempt to hit the bug.

"QUIT." Nessa shouted in a panic, and quickly spun around to redirect most of the bubbles away from Lavender. She closed her eyes in embarrassment and held her breath, hoping that Lavender evaded the bubble attack. She turned around slowly to see.

In the process, Lyle couldn't stop giggling at Popplio's eyes which moved around in all of the directions that Vibrava flew.

"Are you OK?" Nessa blurted out, with nearly a crack of her voice. Piplup just stared emotionless at Lavender. Nessa was slightly regretting not giving back the reckless penguin sooner.

Meanwhile, Professor Lewie walked over to the new arrival and offered to help her up after untangling her. Octillery suctioned onto Lewie's shoulder securely when he kneeled down. "Try to be more careful." @Lutalica

When the remaining students would ask for a pokémon, Lewie would hand over their selection of a starter and send them on their way after wishing them well.

Awaiting the students, was the now pink and black covered cove which was no longer the soft white sands it usually was. Upon closer inspection, the trainers would see that the entire place was invaded by the spikey Pyukumuku that they were informed of. A subtle rain misted upon the shores and the clouds rumbled in a light thunderstorm.

Amongst the sea of Pyukumuku was a single blue fish-like pokémon that washed up onto the shore, attracted by the lightning flashes. The students were expected to arrive with their partners before taking on the assignment. Kahuna Mialee waited patiently, beneath the shelter of a coupling of palm trees.​
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: mango
Cleo's face brightened as she was handed the Pokeball from Professor Lewie. Releasing her new companion the electric mouse Pokemon look up at her before sniffing her leg and making her way to the trainer's shoulder.

[spoili]

Ability-Lighting Rod

Moves-ThunderShock, Tail Whip, Growl[/spoili]

"Pika!" she squeaked.

Shortly afterwards, a small bit of chaos broke out, Chara moved out of line of any stray bubbles, growling softly in distaste while the Pikachu on the short blonde's shoulder watched with mild interest. Well, at least there was some excitement.

Cleo picked her Pikachu off her shoulders and hugged her to her chest, snuggling her. The mouse Pokemon was a bit caught off guard but cuddled back anyway, already liking her new trainer.

Cleo was more than ready to head off to the cove, she hadn't seen a Pyukumuku before though, so she was curious to how they'd look and would definitely be surprised at the number of adorable sea critters along the cove.

She forgot where Kaiten had been though, sadly.

@Yaoi Master Gavin @True Self

Last edited:
LATE LATE LATE, Jimmy was so late getting to the school. The young teen was running from his new home heading towards the academy. His family had just moved here from Kanto where his father was a very successful gym leader, His father had just decided to retire a few months and then his parents decided they should move here. Today was a day Jimmy didn't want to be late for. Today he would become a pokemon trainer and get his very own pokemon! Jimmy had been around pokemon his entire life. Both of his parents being trainers they had a lot of pokemon and they always roamed around their house back in Kanto. Jimmy battled and played with them a lot growing up. He was hoping that he dad would have given him a pokemon before, but his father said that he should get a pokemon from a professor like everyone else. So Jimmy bit the bullet and patiently waited until this day, this day that he was now LATE for. What if there was no pokemon left? Jimmy would be devastated.

Jimmy continued running to the school as he zipped by people in the town. He finally made it to the school and asked someone where to go he ran to where everyone was and opened the door to the lab. Panting a little bit he caught his breath and walked over to professor Lewis "Sorry I'm late professor, my family and I just moved from Kanto today. I'm Jimmy Rowan nice to meet you." He smiled as he looked around the room and looked at all of the chaos and seeing that pretty much everyone had their new pokemon. "Wow looks like everyone got their starter, Im excited to pick mine!" Jimmy looked through all of the pokemon and after a few minutes made his decision. " I would like to get Charmander!"

Last edited:
sStfVyT.png

Diana now found herself waltzing about the beaches. She looks up in the skies.

"A little rain is always fun," she utters as light drizzles were sent from the heavens.

"Bzzt..." her Tynamo levitates beside her.

"Yeah, they probably have rules or something for sleeping on the beach," Diana replies, "but you know what they say back home, rules are for fools."

"Bzzt?" Tynamo questions.

"I know I did," Diana comments, "I made that up, and I'm following it."

"Woomy!" Diana's Inkay taps her shoulder as it levitates itself with psychic powers, pointing a tentacle to the crowd of Pyukumuku.

"Eep!" Diana was astonished as she looks at the sight. "Pyukumuku?"

"Woomy?" Inkay squeaked.

"Bzzt," Tynamo buzzed in response.

"It was before I met you, Inkay. Tynamo was there to see it... Pyukumuku are pretty unnerving beings... I do not wish to speak of it now."

Under the rain, Tynamo began to spark and glow. The yellow spots on Inkay's head begin to illuminate. This caused some Pyukumuku to slowly approach them.

"Why are they coming here? Well, there's only one way to avoid them... if only I could hover like both of you."

Diana was about to scale a tall palm tree, before Tynamo stops her.

"Oh, right, lightning. If that's the case, I'll need to find a way- fine, let's just walk..."

Diana sighs as her footsteps attempt to evade the plentiful Pyukumuku. Her movements, by instinct, turned most graceful and elegant, indistinguishable from an enchanting, beautiful dance.

From a distance, the school-group might see her.​

A New Ally and Some Interesting Things
Lavender was happy with the decision she made regarding picking Rowlet, the 'Grass Quill Pokemon'. The owl pokemon would have all kinds of amazing adventures with his new trainer and they would be a good team as she thinks about it more and more. Bonbon was excited to meet her new friend as she loves to meet new people and pokemon altogether.

Her partner comes up to her and gives...An actual good compliment. While Rowlet is a Grass and Flying type at first, it does change its flying type into a ghost at its final evolution. Something that would be really good for someone who fights crime in the night. Plus he isn't wrong about Rowlet being cute though, the bow tie looks super daper and adorable. "Yes, you are right on that." She said to Apollo as he moves over to look at another pokemon.

The professor walked over to her after she finished talking with Apollo and handed her Rowlet's pokeball. Be good to Rowlet, and make him strong. He will return the favor. The words of the professor echoed in Lavender's mind. Looking at Rowlet's pokeball, she knew that she made a wise decision in picking a good pokemon. Bonbon smiled as she watched Lavender in deep thoughts, not realizing the girl herself was softly smiling.

Until someone interrupted her train of thought.

Lavender turned around to see that Nessa, the trial captain was with her now. while she didn't have an amazing first impression on her, she did wanted to know her bit before giving her the final judgment on her. Didn't know her ice breaker to Lavender was if you liked owls. Oh really? You don't say? Well, Lavender does enjoy the owl pokemon that hoot in the night, it's so calming and relaxing, while others might think it's annoying. Its what kept her from losing her mind when she was outside looking for criminals. "I do enjoy listening to them while i'm at home. Maybe that's why I picked Rowlet." She looked at her dazzling pokball with happiness. It was a dream come true for her to have another pokemon who can be a wonderful companion. She looked at the blue sea lion beside Nessa and smiled. "That's a cute pokemon. I think you made a wise decision." She said to Nessa as she adored the Popplio with the hibiscus flower on its head.

Just as Lavender finished her statement, a pokemon entered into the lab and started to cause havoc upon the lab, with a girl shortly entering. The dragonfly pokemon buzzed around hitting things while the girl tried to catch them. The dragonfly pokemon landed on Lavender's head for a bit. While a little bit freaked out, she petted the pokemon on top of her for a few seconds before going after Piplup. The blue penguin pokemon retaliated against the buzzing pokemon and shot a stream of bubbles at it, not even caring that Lavender was in the attack's line of sight.

Lavender saw the barrage of deadly bubbles come slowly to her as she gets ready to defend herself from it. Bonbon saw that Lavender was in danger and jumped in front of Lavender, ready to deal with the bubbles personally. She started to spin around very quick in a rapid pace and waited as the bubbles flew towards Bonbon. The bubbles were no match to Bonbon as they quickly popped from Bonbon's quick speed. Little did Lavender know it actually used the move Rapid Spin to protect her from Piplup's bubble attack. One of the bubbles missed Bonbon and headed towards Lavender. She extended her hand over it and closed her hand, popping the last bubble.

Nessa checked with Lavender to see if she was alright. Lavender wasn't really hurt at all thanks to Bonbon protecting her and it seems she owes her something good later on. "Yeah i'm alright, thanks to Bonbon." She replied back as Bonbon started to fall to the ground for being tired. Lavender caught Bonbon and kept her on her arms. "You did a good job protecting me by spinning around. I'll have to treat you later." She smiled. Bonbon gave an exhausted, but happy cry, confirming she would be happy for that treat once Lavender was at home. Lavender looked at Piplup as it gave her that cold, dead stare that even a Gengar would probably be afraid of, or maybe he'll become best buds with it. I dunno. That Piplup...I don't think it should be given to anyone. She looked at it, the more she stared, the more she thinks her life would be in danger.

Just then, another boy came in, a bit late than usual. Some kid name Jimmy introduced himself to the whole lab, even though he focused on the professor. "Bunch of students here." she looked at everyone who was currently in the lab picking out their starter pokemon. It was herself, the trial captain, the narcissist, the investigator, the man with the camera, pigtails girl, The girl and her Vibrava, and Jimmy. Quite the interesting group for this year. Oh yeah, where did that guy with the Abra go? Maybe he got held up or something.

"Well anyways, it was nice to meet you. I'm Lavender and I hope we get along during the year." She extended her hand to shake her hand while keeping Bonbon on the other. "And it was nice to meet you too Lyle." After they exchanged their goodbyes, she walked over to Apollo, who got his pokemon from the professor and motioned him to head over to the cove. "When you are ready, lets head out. I'll be waiting at the entrance when you are done." She gave a head shake after whatever answer Apollo might give her and left, either with or without Apollo if he was ready to go to the cove with her after her response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel nodded at the Professor's words. "Thank you, sir." He accepted the Pokeball from Professor Lewie, then turned around, grinning happily due to receiving his first Pokémon and because Lewie had given him permission to film a bit in the lab. Of course, he did want to meet his new Pokémon partner as soon as possible, but maybe that could wait a minute while he got a few good clips of the lab. After all, Cyndaquil were supposed to be shy. He wouldn't want it to feel crowded. He'd let it out after leaving the lab but before meeting his partner for Pyukumuku infestation.

So Gabriel quickly set about filming. He attempted to get some kind of response from the Toucannon, but quickly changed him mind on that and took a look at the Porygon-Z floating around. The Porygon Line was a really interesting set of Pokemon, unlike just about every other both appearance wise and biologically (in lack of a better word). From what he knew, Porygon was an entirely manmade Pokémon that existed virtually and physically. Due to this, people were always trying to see just how far it could go. Mostly space and dimensional travel. He had watched a documentary on it a while ago, so some of the details were pretty fuzzy.

A few minutes into his filming session, a loud disruption caught his attention. Namely, a Vibrava flying around the room wildly while a girl (presumably it's trainer) attempted to stop it. He was having trouble keeping up with everything that was going on because of how quickly the dragonfly Pokémon moved around the room. At some point it landed on his own head, and he tried to slowly reach up and grab it so as to not scare it away. Unfortunately, this was too slow, and the Vibrava was flying off to its next destination. "No worries." He replied to the girl who was still chasing her Pokémon. Just as quickly as that situation began, it ended with the girl on the ground and her Pokémon on her head.

He carefully wove his way through the students in order to get to the girl. The Professor had helped her get untagled from the wires and get up, but he figured he'd at lest make sure she was ok. "Hey, are you alright? That was quite the entrance." He hoped that she wouldn't take that the wrong way; he was just making light of the situation.

[Camera: ON; Pokémon: Cyndaquil]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Totodile is yours." the professor said to Quinn. The lad eagerly took the Pokeball into his hands, and Pikipek dropped onto his shoulder to get a look at the new addition to the team, well, to the family really. "Train him well." the professor continued, but before Quinn could open the Pokeball to greet the new guest, the room was invaded by a dragonfly. Quinn looked on in a mixture of bemusement and astonishment at the situation, then the dragonfly Pokemon briefly landed on his fedora-nest. He waited a few seconds, then tried to swat it off, but the Pokemon was too fast for him. In what seemed to Quinn to be the blink of an eye, the conflict was over, and a young lady had stumbled in. Hmm...this must be the dragonfly's trainer. The Pokemon is quite the interesting Bug/Flying type if I do say so myself. he thought, having mistook the Vibrava for a Yanma.

Pikipek, annoyed at having her airspace invaded, decided to go towards the Vibrava to give it a piece of her mind, but then stopped when Quinn whistled her back. "Not now Pikipek. We have to meet our new friend after all. Ah...before we do though perhaps we should look at the information presented for him." the trainer said, looking at the holographic display.

158.png

Totodile
The Big Jaw Pokemon
Despite the smallness of its body, Totodile’s jaws are very powerful. While the Pokémon may think it is just playfully nipping, its bite has enough power to cause serious injury.
Adamant Nature
Water Type
Sheer Force
Moves:
-Scratch
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Aqua Jet

"A curious specimen to be sure..." Quinn said, opening the Pokeball. Immediately, the blue crocodile Pokemon popped out...and promptly started gnawing on Quinn's hand. Having remembered the Pokedex entry from earlier, Quinn suddenly had a rare moment of sheer panic, fearing his hand would come clean off! Desperately he tried to shake the Pokemon off, but Totodile held a firm grip on the man. Just when Quinn was about to white out from fear, Totodile loosened his grip on the poor man. It seemed his joke or quirk had run its course. Quinn and Pikipek both breathed a sigh of relief, though Quinn shot a quizzical look at the Professor about just how safe this Pokemon was. Still, if Quinn could get past that problem, Totodile would be lovely for catching fleeing criminals. "Well, I guess we'll have to see if we can break that bad habit of yours another time. For now, welcome to the Investigative Services Totodile!" Quinn said, striking a bit of a pose towards the end.

Quinn took a few moments to cool down, and checked out what his fellow students had gotten. Nessa and Lyle had a brief argument, if one could call it that, about a decision with the seal Popplio and the penguin Piplup. "Now now, just because you like Piplup doesn't mean you can throw your weight around." he said, in a bit of jest. Then he noticed how Piplup seemed to be a bit of a problem Pokemon, prompting Quinn to quip "I'm uh...not sure the feeling's mutual though. You sure you want him?" Once he said that out loud, he realized how hypocritical he must've seen, here he was criticizing Nessa's choice in Pokemon when the Totodile had nearly tore his arm off! Quinn gave a chuckle at the thought, then looked at some of the others. The girl Lavender decided to pick a cute owl up, while Cleo picked up a Pikachu, both of which seemed like perfect fits for their trainers. There was another person who came in, rather more scatterbrained than the girl from earlier, who requested a Charmander. Heh, figures. There's always one of those in any event like this isn't there. he thought, rolling his eyes.

The man then took a short look around, it seemed that despite the Vibrava girl's fall, she was not hurt. Quinn thought about asking her for a name, but figured he was a bit tired with introductions for the time being, especially after the incident with the cameraman Gabriel. He returned Totodile to his Pokeball, and then said "Heh, don't worry about the Vibrava friend. I don't believe I caught your name in the courtyard, however. I am Quinn Kingston, and you are?" Once he finished introducing himself, he gathered his things and prepared to leave for the assignment once these last introductions were finished.

Even if Kaiten had been reading to occupy the time, at least Abra was alert enough for the both of them, even if the psi pokemon were asleep. It was just one of the mysteries of the pokemon world.

A: That one paired you up with someone.

K: For what?

A: Something about Pyukumuku.

K: It's a sea cucumber. What do they have to do with it?

A: Something about teamwork.

K: So, who am I teamed with?

A: That girl over there.

K: Where?

A: Well she's gone now.

K: And everyone else?

A: They got their pokemon and headed for the beach.

K: There's still a few here.

A: Most of them left.

K: Well at least I can avoid the rush.

A: Then it all worked out for the best.

Kaiten rolled his eyes.

A: I felt that.

The youth stuck his tongue out, one of the few things that marked his actual age. He felt Abra return the eyeroll. Closing his book, he headed into the lab. There were only one or two other kids in there with him, including one who seemed to be particularly out of breath. He found the professor easily enough, surround by what were presumably his pokemon.

"Hello Professor. You don't have any Litten, do you? We-"

Abra snored loudly from stop Kaiten's head.

"We were thinking that a fire cat would be a great addition to our team."

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
[fieldbox="The Lab and the Cove, hotpink, dotted, 10, Trebuchent MS"] "Yow." Said Nessa at the sight of Quinn's new croc snagging his hand with it's jaws.

"Stay calm, and he won't harm you. Its just a habit." Lewie said to Quinn with a relaxed voice. "He'll get use to you. He is well adjusted to humans. Worry not." The Professor assured him.

Investigative Services, huh?
Nessa thought, as she had seen Trench Coat choose Totodile. Guess that sorta made sense to Nessa with how Quinn appeared. After, he commented on her behavior toward Lyle's selection.

"Meh. There's no persuading him anyhow." She replied to him about Lyle with Piplup in her arm. "Glad he's stoked. That's what matters." Nessa gave a smirk with a look toward her blissful, baby brother.

Nessa looked down at the penguin, and became unsure at Quinn's words. Little did she know, that she'd definitely change her mind when the penguin would fire off the bubbles toward her eye candy.

A hoot from a far off Noctowl had reverberated within Nessa's mind as she remembered the millions of glittering dots that smothered the black sky when she would gaze at the stars with her father.

Lavender's reasoning for picking Rowlet brought about Nessa's sensitive memory. A lump formed within the Trial Captain's throat as she remembered her parents, but she swallowed it down.

Nessa's face brightened as Lavender complimented her choice of Popplio. "Y-yeah, Popplio's a hoot..." Nessa's corny humor slipped out and she just gave a cheesy grin as she really was cringing inside at her own joke.

Popplio really hadn't been her choice, but Lavender seemed to think it was a good choice so Nessa just went with it. She added a rub to the sea lion's noggin in order to appear like she had actually chosen Piplup as well.

Whenever the bubble attack happened, Nessa took a breath of relief as she caught sight of Bounsweet finishing her spin that ruptured all of the bubbles and was somewhat impressed with Lavender popping the last bubble so easily. "Nice move! Hello Bonbon. What a handy little helper you are." Complimented Nessa to Lavender and Bounsweet.

"Just a sec..." Interjected Nessa, as she slid over to return the devil spawn penguin to Lewie.

"Looks like it." Nessa returned, and she finally noticed everyone else. That didn't last long though as Lavender's lovely eyes laid upon Nessa once more. She felt her heart speed up as Lavender introduced herself and said it was nice meeting her.

"Likewise. Seeya around." Uttered Nessa, and she gave a departing grin to the girl. Lyle gave a shy smile to Lavender and hid most of his face behind Popplio who just wiggled her round nose and whiskers curiously.

OK, chill. thought Nessa as she realized she had forgotten to breathe around Lavender. It's just a pretty girl... A mesmerizing and breathtaking girl. Nessa caught herself and sighed.

Snapping her out of her thoughts, was her assignment partner. The others were beginning to head for the cove, so Nessa decided to regroup with Quinn in order to head there themselves.

"Ready to head out?" She asked him, as Lyle toddled behind her.

"C'mon you little hoot, you..." She mumbled sarcastically to Popplio who rode in Lyle's embrace with happy blinks toward Nessa.

Not long after Melelani's entrance, another newcomer entered the lab. The excitable kid wanted a Charmander and Lewie handed over the fire lizard's pokéball to him. "A daring choice. Good luck, Jimmy." Commented the Professor.

Following the gifting of Charmander, the boy with the Abra finally came over to make his choice. Lewie had noticed him before and recognized him from somewhere. Somewhere of importance.

Professor Lewie looked to the sleeping Abra and wasn't convinced when the boy claimed that he and his Pokémon decided on the choice together. The human-like fox seemed the least bit interested.

"Litten is yours." He replied with a closed smile, and gave over the pokéball that contained the dark feline inside.

Once everyone was at the rainy cove, Mialee greeted them from the palm trees. "Glad you could make it." Standing beside her was a monstrous human in a bikini that stomped her way over to the students with the Kahuna.

"MOUMOU." The hefty islander introduced herself with a booming voice. She caught notice of Quinn and a blush flooded her large cheeks as she barreled over to him.

"You help Moumou wipe back." She said to him while pushing a towel to his chest which would nearly knock him over. Moumou turned to reveal a humongous sandy back from where she had made sand angels. The sprinkling of rain was barely washing it off.

"This is Moumou, our wonderful Lifeguard and volleyball enthusiast.." Mialee informed them, and then quieted a moment to notice the two new students. "I thought I'd let Moumou help Gabriel, but plans have changed."

Nessa was familiar with Moumou, and remembered watching a volleyball game of hers during a match one night. The poor girls that faced Moumou's team were reckt by the powerful momentum of the ball caused by her and it was quite a horrific sight.

"The three of you may work together. Moumou needs to eat her brunch instead." She said, while looking at the picnic basket at Moumou's feet. "She'll be here in case there is an emergency." Mialee added casually. "Much luck with your assignment."

Lyle and Popplio's eyes were wide in unison as they gazed up at the towering Moumou in amazement. Nessa stood around in awkward silence as she waited for Quinn to go with her to start the assignment.

"I'll um, be over where the Pyukumuku are." Said Nessa to Quinn, as she ushered Lyle along.

Wonder who that is. Nessa thought, when she caught notice of a tribal girl whom she never seen before. The intriguing girl seemed to be dancing amongst the Pyukumuku and Nessa wasn't sure what to think.

"Whassup? Are you a student?" Nessa called over to her curiously. As she drew closer to the sea of Pyukumuku she became more and more cautious.

"Guess we better start chucking these guys back in the ocean." Nessa told Lyle, as she kneeled down to pick one up. Big mistake. PYU! As soon as Nessa's hand made contact with Pyukumuku, the little sea urchin used Counter and flipped up to smack Nessa in the mouth (luckily on it's bottom side).

"AGH." Nessa grunted as she stepped back to reconsider her actions. "Gonna be trickier than I thought." She said aloud while stepping in front of Lyle with a red mark down her lips and chin.

When the other Pyukumuku would be provoked by the students, most would use Counter as well with the aid of Helping Hand. Some others prepared bide to release double the damage they would receive.

Groups of them bounced around bursting water and mud from the tops of their spikes in order to reduce the effects of fire and electric moves with Water and Mud Sport. Some others used taunt toward the trainer's starters and hardened themselves to strengthen their defenses.

The skittish Pyukumuku used Safeguard, and the Chinchou targeted the water and flying types by using Electro Ball to protect its friends. The Chinchou also used Thunder Wave to attempt to paralyze any foes around. Bubble and Water gun were sent flying by the blue fish at any fire types. [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Reactions: mango and Takumi
sStfVyT.png

Diana slowed her dancing down as Lyle, Nessa & Quinn came near. Who were they?

"A... student? No, no, no," she replied to Nessa as her dance slowed and she soon halted. "Putting the Pyukumuku back? I was going to just pass by, but I guess I'll return here some day, so clearing would help."

Nessa was then punched by a Pyukumuku's innards. Diana winced, as if she was the one affected.

She then looks at the Chinchou among the group, attempting to paralyse its opponents. Tynamo was struck by Thunder Wave, but wiggling its body shook it off. Tynamo and Inkay, affected by Taunt, were prepared to battle.

"Chinchou can have three abilities - Volt Absorb, Illuminate and Water Absorb. Water Absorb Chinchou prefer to stay in the water, and are very rare, so..."

Diana commanded her Pokemon to strike the Chinchou, seeing how it would react.

"Tynamo, you're up, use Charge Beam on the Chinchou."

With that, the tiny white fish Pokemon fired a Charge Beam on the Chinchou in order to determine its ability.

"Inkay," Diana spoke to the cephalopod Pokemon hanging on her shoulder, "stand by for a bit. We just need to wait for the Pyukumuku to use the right move..."

Inkay, under the influence of Taunt, would sharpen its tentacles to that of blades, before it vanished with great speed. With three great slashes, it blasted through a few Pyukumuku, reappearing and making a pose akin to a warrior sheathing his blade.

"Wha- I didn't tell him to use Aerial Ace! Oh right... Taunt... kind of wish we could Taunt them back, that way, most of their moves will be deemed unuseable. I had a plan, but while Inkay is under the influence of Taunt, it can't be performed."​

Reactions: Takumi
[fieldbox="Apollo, firebrick"]
haduki_you_by_juneshero-dav30go.png

Apollo's desire to meet and greet his new partner was shoved aside for the time being. It appeared that everyone was making their way towards the beach. He had no problem with it. There would always be time to bond with his companion later. Alti stirred in his arms, and climbed up to rest on his shoulders. He smiled at his companion, before snapping back into attention at his lovely partner's voice. Immediately, the redhead hurried over to Lavender, quickly dishing out another line.

"Sun, sand and ocean waves!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, marching over to Lavender with a wide grin. He followed Lavender out of the room, eagerly talking at one-hundred miles an hour. "I'm so excited~ I've always loved the beach, but after I started work I never really got to go~ A real shame! I would look gorgeous with a tan." He flounced merrily alongside her, skipping around. "Have you lived here your entire life, Lavender?" The redhead questioned, hoping to learn more about his partner.

The walk to the beach was short and sweet. Thankfully, it seemed that his life here would stay amusing. He watched as Moumou stomped her way over to Quinn, demanding that he wipe her back down. Apollo turned to Lavender with a small grin.

"Looks like Quinn has a new admirer~" He hummed in a pleased manner, taking the spare moment to release his rockruff. The puppy pokemon appeared in a short burst of life, looking up at him with wide, inquisitive eyes. The redhead crouched down, extending his arms out to the pokemon. "Hiya! My name is Apollo!" He introduced, toning down his vibrancy and expression as to not alarm the creature. His voice became soothing and quieter.

"I think we're gonna be good friends." He extended a fist out to the tiny creature. By now, he was familiar with how to interact with canine pokemon. Fortunately, it seemed that the Rockruff was friendly enough. Although she looked at him with an adamant gaze, she approached and allowed him to pet her. Apollo wrapped his arms slowly around the pokemon, scooping her up in his arms. The rock type wore an unusually flat expression for its species.

"Isn't she cute!?" Apollo questioned Lavender excitedly, before turning his attention to the... crowd of pyukumuku clustered around the beach. "Wow! So many! They're so cute, too."

[/fieldbox]

Cleo noticed the trouble the Pyukumuku were making as soon as she got down to the overrun beath and huffed, puffing out her cheeks a bit as she pouted.

"These cute little guys look like they're giving everyone way too much trouble." she said under breath as Chara seemed less then pleased at the sight, growling softly. Her new companion, Pikachu's ears flattened as she looked a bit overwhelmed by the mere number of Pyukumuku on the beach.

The light bloned placed her hands on her hips as she watched some use water sport and mudsport and glanced at the Chinchou among them, knowing that the little blue guy would cause them some trouble.

One Pyukumuku in particular out of a nearby group had caused Chara to suddenly snarl, before the fire type charged forward with a Scratch attack!

"Chara! I didn't even say a move..." she called, but soon realized that Taunt was what most likely made that happen. Frowning she looked at the electric mouse on her shoulder.

"Well, at least you're not affected by Taunt. Girl power. Anyway, let's start off with trying to get things in our favor....somehow." she told the electric mouse with a sigh.

"Pika." Pikachu modded before hopping off of her shoulder to land in front of the trainer.

"Alright, Thundershock." the green eyed blonde commanded pointing out a Pyukumuku at random that she could of sworn used watersport.

Cleo took a quick glance at the others to find her partner, knowing that they had to work together.

Some partner she was, leaving him in the dust like she did. Now she felt bad.

@Yaoi Master Gavin

Lani apologized again to the professor, slipping side glares at the dragonfly that remained oblivious to the trouble it'd caused. Mental note, don't bring her indoors, though she was fairly certain the bug would follow her through an ice storm if necessary. It looked around, still rather stimulated, but she pulled it back down gently every time it started to lift off, her pathetic attempt at discipline. "Sorry, sorry," She told the older man, standing there awkwardly before she realized it was her time to choose one of the little red capsules.

Before she'd appraised the devices on display, however, an individual about her age questioned her well being. The dragon fly perched upon her head was the first to respond, shifting from side to side to inspect the stranger, emerald eyes a glow with curiosity. "h, I'm alright, thank you," She attempted to brush her ash locks from her face, but vibrava's wings merely kicked the strands back up again, giving her a messy look that made her sigh. "it's just her first time in a building."

After a moment, her nose wiggled, and she added, "I'm... Lani. I think I'm supposed to take one of these too," She told him thoughtfully, taking to steps to the side, her hand placed thoughtfully on her chin. "I have a night light that looks like this," She said aloud, earning an inquisitive buzz from her partner. Lifting one of the capsules into her hand, she inspected it curiously -- her cousins always broke the ones they found before she could get a proper look at one in mint condition. "How does it open? -- Oops! I think I broke it -- "

Though that wasn't the case at all. Having clicked the center, the capsule snapped back, and before her manifested a...

"Um, what is it?" She looked around for an answer, though her attention was brought back by an unenthusiastic gurgle (which was more like a sigh).

A blue frog about the size of a modern house cat sat perfectly still, only occasionally did it's eyelids slide down and back up, though it's indifferent, almost bored gaze never changed. She blinked at it -- but the frog merely stared at her, and continued to do so. "The label says Frow-key." Her nose scrunched, and she shook her head. "I don't like that name one bit. Do you?"

The creature just stared at her, and as the moments rolled by she figured it was non reactive -- until it slowly shook its head, a belated response.

"Hmm. What name, what name, what name," She sung to herself, shifting from one foot to the other in a half dance motion. Her odd voice seemed to catch the amphibians interest, and much like vibrava, it swayed back and forth as well, entirely uncharacteristic though a seemingly instinctual response. She laughed. "You're reserved and quiet. I like the name Shuhei.[/b]"

"Do you like that name?" She looked back to the boy who'd been with her, second guessing her choice.

ツ​

Kaiten took the pokeball and looked at it for a second or two before opening it and letting Litten out. The red and black cat looked up at him and mewled softly. Crouching down, he slowly extended a hand out, palm down but tilted slightly up, just as Espeon had showed him at home. Litten looked at the outstretched arm and hand with some trepidation, it's bright yellow eyes looking between Kaiten, his hand, and the Abra that snuffled slightly through Kaiten's hair. Slowly, it got up and padded over to Kaiten's hand, rubbing its head on his palm along its length and then arching its back so that Kaiten's palm went down it's back to the tail. Circling around, the fire cat did it a second time and a third before Kaiten started scritching it behind an ear. A loud purr went up as Litten closed it's eyes and leaned into the scritches.

Gently, he picked it up, staying close to the ground as he did. As he had expected, it was warm to the touch, not out of character for a fire-type. He placed it on his shoulder, where it swayed, a bit unsteadily before crawling into the hood of his jacket, circling around, and placing its front paws on his shoulder and looking out. It gave the youth a lick to his cheek to which Kaiten reached back up and scritched the pokemon under it's chin as he stood up.

A: Well look at you, you went and made a friend.

K: Maybe you should say hi too.

"Thanks professor," he said, smiling softly. "It'll be fun being able to go into the deepest reaches of the Kealu Region. And warm."

He headed out towards the beach, finding it best with more Pyukumuku than he had expected. Despite being called sea cucumbers in what he had read, they looked more like sea urchins. As he headed down, he looked at the other trainers and their efforts. Some attacks were being rebuffed easily and some of the Pyukumuku were tossing around mud and water and there appeared to be Chinchou along with them, squirting water about while the trainers' pokemon seemed to disobey their trainers and move in for the attack.

K: Looks like Counter and both Mud and Water sport. It's a water type so grass is going to be the most effective here thanks to mud sport.

A: And it looks like they're Taunting too.

K: It's no wonder they're so much trouble.

A: There's that girl you're supposed to work with.

K: Where?

A: There.

Kaiten got the sense of direction from Abra and looked over there to find a girl with a Charmander and a Pikachu. She had just commanded her Pikachu to use Thundershock to effect on the Pyukumuku targeted. Going up to her he observed the situtation further.

"That's only going to work until one of them uses Mud Sport. We'll have to find an alternate solution once that happens."

Looking down, he saw one of the Pyukumuku at his feet, looking up at him with defiance. Rather than try to pick it up, he leaned over and looked at, judging it. The left corner of his lips curled as it slowly floated up off the sand. The defiance was gone and only confusion was left as the sea cucumber looked around.

K: Well, I was right, they're light enough for me to move so we can relocate them but it's slow going one at a time and the Chinchou are another problem.

A: Makes you wonder if your partner has anything else hidden up her sleeve.

"Good to hear that." He replied. He looked at the Vibrava that was resting on the girl's head. "Oh, really? No wonder she's so jittery. It's nice to meet you Lani, I'm Gabriel." He noticed she seemed pretty unfamiliar with Pokeballs, aside from being able to recognize them.

"Shuhei?" Gabriel repeated the name and looked at the Froakie, unsure as to why she was asking him. "It sounds nice. I like it." He should probably come up with a name for his Cyndaquil, but he was rather uncreative when it came to names. "Does your Vibrava have a name?"

He noticed that other students were leaving for their assignment, but there were two students who had come in late, and he didn't think anyone had filled them in as to what was going on. "Oh right, we have to go to the beach. They want us to clear out the Pyukumuku."

Right, before I forget... He stopped off by the large aquarium. Taking out the Pokeball the Professor had given him and his camera, he released the Pokémon that was inside.

Cynda~ The shrew Pokémon yawned and looked around confusedly, then looked to Gabriel, who reached his hand out so Cyndaquil could smell him if it needed to. "Hey Cyndaquil." The Pokémon sniffed at his hand for a minute, then turned and looked at the fish Pokémon in the aquarium, seemingly distracted by their movements. "More of the inquisitive sort I guess?" He looked into the aquarium as well, and the Carvanha swam up to the glass, eyeing the Cyndaquil and trainer before snapping its jaws at them. This startled Cyndaquil, and the flames on its back flared up as it ran away from the glass. "Oh, wait-" Gabriel turned and slowly followed the startled Pokémon, trying to quietly call it back over to him. It eventually did so, and he pet it on the head. "That's it. No need to be scared." Once he was sure the Pokémon had calmed down, he stood up, motioning for it to follow him. "Alright, to the beach. We gotta do our task."

A monstrous woman was accompanying Mialee underneath a grove a palm trees when they got there, and he came to the stark realization that she was probably the person the Kahuna was planning on pairing him up with. Although, he held out hope that maybe she had meant the woman who appeared to be dancing among the Pyukumuku.

"I thought I'd let Moumou help Gabriel, but plans have changed." He breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe Moumou wasn't that bad of a person, but she was kind of intimidating. Definitely a force to be reckoned with. Mialee told him he'd be working with the two newer students, and then dismissed the students for the assignment. Oddly enough, she hadn't addressed the girl who was already out with the sea urchin Pokémon, and he wondered what she was doing out their.

Gabriel met up with the other members of his group and surveyed the scene, while Cyndaquil took to hiding out from the rain underneath the trees where Mialee had been. That was fine at the moment, but it would have to leave the shelter of the trees immediately. "It looks like the Chinchou is one of the bigger issues. They're also covering a lot of fields type-wise." Cyndaquil didn't stand much of a chance a chance out there. He also noticed that the Pyukumuku were extremely aggressive towards trainers and Pokémon that tried to touch them, and wouldn't allow anyone to pick them up. "Then again, I guess the Pyukumuku are a bit of an issue as well. What do you guys think?" He asked, turning to his group.

A while after Gabriel had already walked away, Melelani had finally started to respond to his inquiry. She'd been engaged in what appeared to be a staring contest with the frog, of whom won with ease and Lani blinked to ease the burning in her eyes. "Huh, no, I meant to name her, but I never got around to -- oh?" Vibrava tugged on her locks, showing the girl that no one was beside her, and then leaning down, head tilted, wide eyes wondering who she was talking to.

"Oh! Wait!" She gasped, turning around and starting to follow after the boy who was already leaving the school building. Froakie hopped down from the counter, following behind her.

She'd tailed Gabriel to the cove, catching her breath before she gasped , "I left him there -- !"

A monotone gurgle sounded from below, and she glanced down, sighing with relief as the frog revealed itself, though he still gazed onward, looking either indifferent or uninterested, she couldn't tell.

"It looks like the Chinchou is one of the bigger issues. They're also covering a lot of fields type-wise. Then again, I guess the Pyukumuku are a bit of an issue as well. What do you guys think?"

"I think I got a defect," Melelani commented randomly, crouching down and poking her small, aquatic companion in various places. He offered no reaction. "Looks like it's you and me little bug," the dragon fly above her head didn't know what that meant, but chirped cheerfully anyways. "I think the Pyu-monsters will be a little easier, because they're not going to electrocute us," She referred to them by their nicknames given by the kids back home.

ツ​

Begin! The First Assignment of the Academy!
Oh, so you're also a clown huh? Lavender gave a bit of a sarcastic look to Nessa after trying to make a corny joke about picking Poplio. The young lady had become more interested in Nessa's personality and wanted to become friends with her. The berry like pokemon seemed to had quite a giggle after hearing Nessa's joke.

Lavender watched as Bonbon jumped around in happiness after the berry Pokémon received a compliment for Nessa. "It seems very fond of you Nessa." Lavender looked back at Bonbon with a confused face. "Although...I don't think i've ever seen her spin that fast. It's possible she learned a new move." She spoke to herself in a soft voice.

After she exchanged goodbyes with Nessa, Lavender felt a bit joyful. She doesn't know much about her, but she seems to be an alright gal. Her brother was also a cutie too. Luckily her partner seemed to be ready right after she asked about going to the cove. Just looking at him, he seems like he's ready to partake in his first assignment too. Lets hope he doesn't do anything rash out there.

As Lavender walked alongside Bonbon and Apollo, she slowly went into deep thought. About the letter. It seems her boss, Raven, has something of importance she wanted her to do. Normally the Twilight Lotus send missions through letters through a messenger pokemon at night. But the letter was given to her by her friend, Sonia. And Sonia is given the most important information to be given to their members. Could this mean that something big is about to go down in this town soon.

Her train of thought was ruined by Apollo asking her a question. "Ah!" She shout out by surprised. Lavender looked down and blushed out of embarrassment. "Sorry about that." She tried to recall the question Apollo asked her. Something about living here in this island all her life.

"You know, for as far as I remember, i've lived here in this island about all my life with my mother. I don't really remember much about my childhood much. May have been an accident that caused memory loss." She tried to explain her reasoning to both her answer and the reason she can't remember. It's true, the only early memory she remembers is her waking up in the island, lost and scared. She tried to ask for help and the people their tried to help her, it was only be chance a young woman adopted her and raised her out of her own good will. "What about you? How long have you stayed in this island?" She grudgingly asked, not noticeable, but she still wanted to be careful as to what to say to him. The berry pokemon just hummed all the way through as it enjoyed the nice walk to the cove. Bonbon always enjoyed being outside and going for a walk since it enjoyed its time when it exercised with Lavender about every day.

After a bit more of walking, Lavender and her partner reached the vast and colorful cove with the rest of the students, where the unsettling pokemon rest on the soft, warm sand. Lavender took a interesting on the cuteness of the Pyukumuku. They're so cute! Lavender couldn't hide her big smile when she saw the small adorable black fluffy pokemon laying there, watching the students.

It waasn't long before the Kahuna spoke. But a familar person enters the fray, and someone she didn't expect, Moumou. She was huge, but she was a killer at volleyball, she would see here play volleyball every now and then during her exercise and she was really good at it. Though Lavender does feel a bit sorry for Quinn, not having to be stuck washing the back of the mighty hippo, but being the target of love for her too.

Yeah, no kidding. Lavender for the first time, agreed with Apollo and she does feel sorry for him too. She noticed her partner taking out his pokemon and getting to introduce himself to his pokemon. Lavender took out her pokeball, containing Rowlet, and looked at it. Maybe I should introduce myself to Rowlet, maybe even give it a new nickname. She smiled, getting ready to open Rowlet's pokeball and release him from his slumber. But Before she could do that, she took notice of the pigtails girl. It seemed her Charmander randomly attacked one of the nearby Pyukumuku without a command. Weird, why did it just attack without the trainer commanding an issue, then she realized. There was a move that forced another pokemon to attack the user without it being issued a command.

Taunt.

Taunt? These little cuteballs have taunt? Geez the academy sure is putting us in a tough battle for our first assignment. She worried. She usually is calm under such circumstances, heck, even out in nighttime looking out for the town, but this? It seems this will be a very interesting year. She looked back at Bonbon, luckily unaffected by the Pyukumuku's taunt, and even worried more about her. I need to get her outta here, I haven't even trained her to fight. She took out Bonbon's pokeball and returned her to her pokeball as the red light materialized Bonbon and put her inside of the pokeball.

Lavender looked towards Apollo as he asked her about Rockruff. "Yeah she's cute and all, but watch out! These Pyukumuku have taunt, they could force Rockruff to attack right into a trap." Lavender informed Apollo as she looked back to the group of pokemon, now noticing there were small blue fishes with two long antenna behind the Pyukumuku in the water there too.

Strange, I didn't remember her telling us there were Chinchou here too. She started to get nervous, deciding to wait a bit more and analyze the area more before throwing Rowlet in there to fight.

Seeing the attack hit Cleo gave a small cheer to her Pikachu, only to have her partner suddenly speak up and surprise her.

"Eep!" she squeaked, jumping a bit before turning to look at Kaiten. Her cheeks heated up slightly in embarrassment. Coughing gently into her fist she regained her composure as quickly as possible.

"You make a great point. Name's Cleo and sorry for kinda leaving you back there in the lab--" she stopped talking as she took notice of the male's ability, mouth lightly falling open as a look of surprise showed on her face.

It took a moment before she snapped out of it and took her phone out to take a picture of the Pyukumuku around them and what Kaiten was doing.

"....You don't mind right? Er, anyway, got a game plan? We need to work together somehow and all that." she replied, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly.

Status
Not open for further replies.