Pokemon:Dark Order IC

"Oh. Our Sir Knight made a friend. He looked like he was going to wet himself talking to a girl." said Daisuke murmured quietly enough that only Rae would be able to hear. "Good. Boys should learn to talk to girls. It's useful and fun." By now, Gastly had retreated into his Pokeball, tired from a long day in the windy ourdoors. "Speaking of which..." Daisuke said as he rolled up his right sleeve that had fallen down, and stood up. He faced Rae, bowed deeply, and placed his right hand out as if he was a member of the nobility. "Shall we make our introduction, my lady?"

Reactions: GreenSea
Henry blinked as she talked about the Bulbasaur's size. "Well of course size has nothing to do with strength!" The boy assured her, definitely not feeling any kind of personal feeling to being short. "You're going to beat them all, right Bulbasaur?" He started to get more passionate with every word. "Become the shining the knight you were destined to be, no matter what anyone says!" At this point one couldn't be sure if the boy was talking to the Bulbasaur or himself.

"Ahh, sorry about that." He caught himself soon after going on a small tangent, giving a small cough before continuing. "Same here, I'm just a here to officially become a trainer and appearantly do a fairly easy quest for some pokeballs and gold." He glanced over the pair he ended up separating from and back to Sorena before finally looking down on his Magnemite. "Actually following along and making new friends is always a plus as well." He hung silent for a moment, in small thought before continuing on. "But man, nursing a pokemon back to full health sounds like a really bonding process." He gave his Magnemite a few pats on the head. "Never mind not eating regular food, I don't even know what could get this little guy sick." He brought the Magnet Pokemon to his face, rubbing it against him. "Isn't that right little buddy? Aren't you super strange -AHG-" The pokemon responded with only a light shock to its trainer to shut him up.

"He makes one hell of a first impression, him and his little metal buddy," Rae thought aloud, less discreet than Daisuke in her verbal judgement, though just as light hearted. Rae was rather melted into her chair when Daisuke rose, bowing before her which brought out a smile, and extending a hand. He probably wasn't aware of how she'd never been treated as such before, not just as a gypsy, but even if her own camp the young men were a little too wild for mannerisms, even if the elders implored them. She hesitated, a little caught up in the moment - before she realized it wasn't that big of a deal to anyone else, and finally placed her hand in his to get to her feet before clasping both behind her back.

The pair approached Henry and the brunette, and naturally Daisuke was bowing and introducing himself to the stranger, debonair as always. Rae offered a smile to the girl, shifting a bit of weight from one ankle to the next, though to her relief Rangiku decided to introduce herself instead, taking any kind of attention off her trainer. She let out a long, amiable growl and placed a paw out to the little bulbasaur, and then greeted Henry's magnemite again, seemingly looking around for something else (unbeknownst to them, it was for ghastly to appear again) and then returning her attention to the two animals around her. Rae recalled Rangiku never really having another pokemon to interact with, in fact she was regarded often by the few that knew about her as a little human, to which she started to respond like one to. So this was a wonderful chance for socialization, "I'm Rae, and this is my spirited little lizard. Charmed."

Then she just leaned back against the table's surface, resting her weight on her palms as she leaned back, head tilted and her lashes resting on high cheek bones.

That's when she noticed a new presence entering, peering up only to see him, yet another unfamiliar (though handsome) brunette stepping inside the tavern, though he held an interesting aura about him. Rae observed him for a few moments, medium lips quirking up in a ghost of a smile - he was looking for someone, and she needed a little mental stimulation. The young woman pushed off the table, striding over to the individual and resting her hands lightly on her hips, "Looking for someone, love? Can I be of service?" Her voice was soft and friendly, though her eyes held a mischievous glint Daisuke had grown all too used to in the short time they knew each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daisuke made small talk with the new brunette girl. She seemed almost seemed like the opposite of Rae. Rae carried herself like she owned the place and walked without a care. On the other hand, this girl, Sorena was wary... no that's not the right word. Careful, or observant would be more accurate descriptions for the younger girl. Daisuke took a careful look over the girl. She was also fairly light skin, but was a few shades darker than Rae. Daisuke also noticed that her hands had a few calluses and was a bit rougher. Sorena was probably accustomed to physical labor then. She even carried an air not much different than the little knight boy. Ah, a farmer child then. It was a fairly common thing for many children of farmers to leave the monotonous occupation their parents and seek an adventure on the road. Becoming a Pokemon trainer was generally the go-to profession, as long you had the aptitude to acquire the license. The license exams, varying upon locality and region were far more difficult than most people realized. Not everyone was legally allowed to carry Pokemon. Of course, that didn't stop a fair number of people from doing so anyway.

Anger flashed through Daisuke's mind for a brief second. Daisuke tried to catch himself and made sure he didn't slip his smiling mask in front of his fellow trainers. He wasn't sure if anyone caught it, maybe Rae. She had always been way more observant than most girls, let alone people he met. Daisuke turned to where the brunette companion had been sitting, playing with her Charmander. But she wasn't there. Daisuke looked around and spotted Rae walking towards a guy around their age dressed in full plate. The guy's armor was black, different than the usual metallic steel of most knights Daisuke had seen. And this knight had a blade sheathed and hitched on his belt.

Fear fluttered like butterflies in Daisuke's stomach. Swords was a rare sight for most people. While, most boys around Daisuke's age marveled at the stories and honor that swords were often associated with, Daisuke didn't see them in the same shiny image. Swords were a killing tool, especially designed to cut down unarmored victims. The last time, Daisuke had seen an armored man with a sword, it wasn't some knight's tale. It was slaughter. A hired mercenary that butchered three business associates that Daisuke knew briefly when a deal went sour. Was this a mercenary after Daisuke, or... he panicked. Rae? Gypsies were known to steal as most towns did not treat their people kindly. Daisuke felt a shiver go up his spine.

Then, came the sound of "Squirtle!". Daisuke redirected his attention to the sound and spotted a Squirtle, probably the most commonly known Water Pokemon known in existence. Along with Charmander and Bulbasaur, the three of them had earned the nickname of "Starter Pokemon". And with good reason. These three species of Pokemon were versatile, relatively ease to train for new trainers, and evolved into very powerful Pokemon. Daisuke left out a breath. So the black armor warrior was a Pokemon trainer, mostly like new. Like one of us.

With fear and anxiety washed away, Daisuke gestured to Henry and Sorena, he had been talking to and said, "Looks like we have another person to greet. Let's go." With that, Daisuke headed towards the newcomer. Hopefully, he was just a trainer and not someone after Daisuke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mango
Sorena blushed as she was suddenly joined by another pair of trainers. The first to introduce themselves was the young man. He was quite a bit taller than Sorena and looked to be only slightly older. His way of introduction was almost that of a noble. His clothes further fed into that thought. His dark hair brushed unusual golden eyes. The girl, who looked about Sorena's age, seemed a little more nervous. The Pokémon of one of them, a Charmander, stepped up to Bulbasaur. Sorena's little Seed Pokémon was soon deep in its own conversation. She had just introduced herself to the pair when the girl ran off. Sorena's gaze flicked to where the girl had gone. Another armor clad male had walked in. He was clearly older than Henry and had an entirely different air about him. The golden eyed, dark haired man, who had introduced himself as Daisuke, suggested they go meet the newest arrival. Sorena nodded. "It couldn't hurt, I guess." She said softly. Standing up, she cradled her Bulbasaur in her arms as she followed after Daisuke.

Kurono looked at the young girl who's around his age talking to him, it'll be his graduation to talk to female outside his work as a knight and family but as expected the young man with his overbearing charisma talked as if talking to female is his breakfast everyday unlike the likes of him who usually will get startled when they meet their opposing gender for the very first time or in a long time. "Nothing much, just looking for someone I've known for so long." Kurono glanced at her for awhile before he thought that maybe she could be the one, "could it be...?" He brought out a necklace made out of silver chains, it wasn't expensive or fancy but to Kurono this is beyond that. Meanwhile squirtle with an agile movement jumped from his partner's head to the table where the turtle meet Gastly, a foggy purple creature, "Squirt Squirtle!" Squirtle trying to communicate with gastly.

Henry hummed a little song to himself as the three got acquainted with one another, it was nice to see friends being friendly with friends... if they counted as his friends yet. Pretty sure they're my friends, only friends buy friends food. Wait, does that mean Sorena isn't my friend? Nah, she's pretty nice... and has a nice Bulbasaur at that. Good farmers can't be bad people, it's like nature or something. He droned on in his head, letting his little Magnemite fly over to chat it up with the Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Henry tilted his head as the others all left the seat. Even his own pokemon left him as it followed the others without regard for its trainer. Where's everyone even go- oh! He finally noticed the person of everyone's attention, a real knight! At least, he looked the part and even had one of those "swingy-dingy stab n' swingies" on his person. The books called them swords... or lances... or maces, the boy was completely lost when it came to the actual weaponry knights used. Well then, guess I'm following them. I mean, it makes sense to. Not like I want to meet a knight up close. I wonder if he'll let me touch his armor, or polish his sword, or polish his lance if he has one. Maybe I could have him explain that stuff to me. He caught up to the group, just quietly eyeing the knight from the cover of the others, a little too timid to meet the man himself.

Reactions: GreenSea and mango
Judging by the weighty air of the necklace this stranger held up, it may not have been of the greatest value (though, for gypsies, anything that could be sold had value) monetary wise, but held a sentimental significance that made Rae uncomfortable. She didn't want to end up being mistaken for someone, and seem like a thief in the end! Imagine all the trouble that would come with a simple misunderstanding? Quick to snuff that fire out, she shook her head, though offered a half smile. "I'm Rae - I highly doubt I'm the one you're looking for, I've never really been one for jewelry," She shifted from one boot to the next, rocking a bit on her heels until familiar presences approached. "Do any of them look familiar? Perhaps she's who you're looking for?" Rae gestured to Sorena, lips pressed thin.

When Daisuke approached the two, Rae hugged his arm, clinging lightly to his side for reassurance. She gestured for Henry and Sorena to come over, and smiled as the two readied their introductions.

Kurono looked towards the girl as per Rae said, he shook his head from left to right, it was really different from the one he's looking for. Kurono tried his hard to describe about the girl his searching for through hand movement and limited word, "brown hair... short... beautiful..." Squirtle cover his face as he embarrassed of what his partner are doing. Unlike his partner Squirtle is the total opposite, he's really talkative in his own way and friendly to others. Shortly after the other trainer seems to join the conversation, Kurono suddenly stunned up as he doesn't know what to do nor to act with this many people come in interaction though he found something interesting among this people especially the small one of them all, Kurono smiled at him but in a creepy way as he never once smiled before.

He put his fist up to where his heart lies and introduce himself, "The name is Kurono, General of Vitolo's high Battalion." Kurono said it like it he was in the army, loud, stern, and clear. Vargus looked at Kurono and smiled for a second, " that child reminds me of someone I used to know, could it be he's her child?" Miranda nod as she and Vargus not knowing that they become attracted to them.

A Knight General?! What the hell is a high ranking army officer doing here? thought Daisuke as his eyes widen a bit. Speculations formed and circled around in his mind for what seemed like minutes. Then he felt a pair of arms wrap around his right arm. His nose picked up the slight scent of wild berries and flowers around the same time. Daisuke tilted his head to the right, and saw Rae clinging onto him. Daisuke could feel Rae's fingers tighten onto his forearm, and even a bit of her fingernails digging into his skin. Daisuke's mind raced again, but this time towards a completelt different topic. Why is she clinging onto him like she did something wrong? Oh, nevermind. It's not like Daisuke ever minded the company of a female, especially very attractive and... frankly interesting females. Rae was witty, clever, attractive, okay. Stop it, Daisuke. Get back to reality.

"Oh, a Knight General?" replied Daisuke to the black armored knight. "Please to make your acquaintance. My name is Daisuke. I worked in the merchant business briefly before acquiring my license." Daisuke lifted his un-tucked shirt just enough to reveal a Pokeball. "My apologizes for being so inquisitive, but what's an army officer doing here at a newbie Pokemon trainer's orientation?" said Daisuke, emphasizing a few words.

The knight did look nice and shiny compared to his own little thrift store get up, but he kinda looked like he was searching for someone. On top of that Kurono was calling himself a General, and from what Henry remembered that's an important sounding position for people who do important things. He stayed behind the pretty gypsy lady, not wanting to interfere with his search. "I-I'm fine Rae. I think I'll just stay back here where it's nice and protected by two people joined together." The boy whispered, referring to the two's joined arms. He looked over to Sorena, nudging her with his shoulder. "Hey, ladies first and all that, right?"

Sorena looked at the necklace that the newcomer had produced. It was beautiful, simple and made of silver. Inexpensive but still too much for a poor farm girl like herself. She balked and blushed when Henry offered her for first introductions. "I am Sorena Chandler." She said softly, making an attempt at a curtsy. She had set her Bulbasaur at her feet before making the attempt. "I hope you find who you are looking for, General."

brown hair... short... beautiful...

He made a series of over dramatic hand gestures, and Rae knew right then and there that their new little introvert had a hard time conveying emotion. Why? Because her younger sister was exactly the same way, one literally had to beg for answers, ones that often weren't given even then. She offered a sympathetic smile, "Well we'll keep an eye open, okay? Haven't seen her yet, but maybe there's someone else on the way."

The name is Kurono, General of Vitolo's high Battalion.

"What's a... Batta... Lion?" Inquired the young woman aloud, doe eyes glossed with confusion. Anything kingdom related always had these weighty terms Rae hadn't come to understand, all she knew was that they had swords, and were either righteous and admiration worthy, or drunks that abuse their power to mistreat her people. Kurono didn't seem like the latter, however, in fact she found his relatively stoic persona somewhat charming.

What's an army officer doing here at a newbie Pokemon trainer's orientation?

Rae peered up at Daisuke, pressing her full lips together as she tried to understand what the word emphasis were for. Was he nervous? Did he know this guy? Perhaps it didn't matter, a higher official was always bad news for the lower classes, and Rae didn't have to know her companions life story to catch he wasn't all that far from her in terms of stratification. She squeezed his arm lightly, head on his shoulder, awaiting the generals answer whilst catching Henry's murmurs from behind.

I'll just stay back here where it's nice and protected by two people joined together.

"How valiant of you," She mused, and then caught Sorena offering a curtsy, which made Rae feel a little out of place, for she acted with no such mannerisms - in fact she'd approached a general boldly (though in her defense she didn't know he was one) and casually spoke with him like it was nothing. Then again it wasn't in her blood to respond with such courtesy, her pride figured most were lucky to hold her attention for a few seconds even, and her respect was also earned through deeds and words, not metal plates or titles. So that was that.

Kurono looked at Daisuke and silently held his necklace to Daisuke's face, "This..." he quickly hide his necklace inside his pouch. He rigidly smile to the girl who just introduced herself and expressing his gratitude by bowing 90 degree. Kurono Looked around and saw that only the five of them that's in the Tavern, when he heard that this was suppose to be filled with a lot of adventurer. Vargus who sat down in his place bored with the situation due to him delegating almost all of the veterans out for a quest and left new trainer which only them much far less than he originally thought. The tall man soon come into the groups and greet them, "Welcome young trainer, you all may all heard about it but let me introduce myself, The name's Vargus, owner of this tavern but as you can see you guys are the only one that's left here since I've sent the other to go onto another quest. It might be boring to stay here shall we have a tour on the castle?if you all want that is..."

• Love
Henry gave a shy shrug to Rae. "I-It's a little embarrassing to walk up to a real knight looking like... this." He said, doing a girlish spin around on one foot, his hair bouncing along with him. The difference in armor and stature were enough to show how not-knightly of a knight he actually was. While it should have made him feel down, instead it made him steel his resolve even further, seeing just what he should be striving for. But to know even better what to strive for, he should try to secretly learn more about his, like how his build looks and things like that. All to become the best knight he could of course.

Soon the owner of the bar appeared before them, giving them a greeting and explaining the lack of people in a meet up about new people. Henry just thought it was normal for there to not be many newcomers at once. "A tour, around a real life castle?" The boy said, suddenly perked up. "Me me me! I want to go!" He got even closer to the owner, getting behind him as he beckoned over the others. "Come on, come on! You don't get an offer like this everyday you know!" He actually didn't know if it was an offer people got regularly, but he knew as a peasant the closest he ever got to castle were in his stories. He looked at the four people with almost quivering eyes, really really wanting to go on this tour.

• Love
Reactions: mango and GreenSea
Daisuke looked at the necklace that the so-called Kuruno showed him. It wasn't the most fancy piece of jewel that Daisuke had ever seen, but it was finely made. Daisuke knew enough about jewelry that the craftsmanship was something that only the rich could afford it. And, it belonged to a woman? And she was suppose to be a new trainer. This Kuruno isn't telling everything, thought Daisuke. Then again, no one ever does.

Daisuke noticed Rae's gentle squeezing. For some reason, he felt... content. That was the best word he could use to describe it. But, it wasn't the right word. He wanted more of this. This Rae's presence.

"You know, my princess. We galliant men generally charge a kiss for that. Where would you like to pay for that?" blurbed Daisuke. He lowered his face towards Rae.

Then, the Tavern owners finally greeted the group of trainers.

• Love
Reactions: mango and GreenSea
"Oh, don't be so hard on yourself..." Started Rae, though a familiar voice allured her attention from the knight to be.

"You know, my princess. We galliant men generally charge a kiss for that. Where would you like to pay for that?"

I don't think I'm breathing, am I breathing? What's Henry saying about a castle? I don't think I'm breathing, I don't think I'm - the brunette finally found the will to inhale, breathing in Daisuke, which made her a little light headed. Her thoughts were like a current, detouring away from the origins of their bed of contemplation - her earlier mischievousness finally faltered, her found her weak spot - proximity - and so early in, too. Inclining upwards, she pressed the lightest kiss to what would have been his cheek - but even with her height, she only reached his jawline. "Is my debt repaid?"

"Come on, come on! You don't get an offer like this everyday you know!"

The brunette shifted her attention to Henry, a little dazed by her own boldness - what if he was just teasing? She cringed at the possibility, "Okay, okay, sorry Henry." She offered a half smile to the tavern owner, attempting to get her thoughts together, "That'd be lovely, thank you." To Kurono, she offered a more sympathetic look, "Perhaps we'll find your princess in the tower?" Though it came out more romanticized than she'd like, she meant that she was willing to help him find whomever he was looking for - especially if it distracted her from a potential flustered reaction to Daisuke, cause then he might not find her interesting anymore.

She stepped forward, standing beside the large man, hands on her hips, "Shall we go?"

Sorena had remained respectably quite afrer her introduction. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to explore the castle." She said in her soft voice. "It beats sitting here idly." The short brunette gathered up her backpack and adjusted it on her shoulder.

"A tour would be nice, sir." replied Daisuke. The tavern owner seemed imposing, and had the physique of someone that was physically active. Daisuke also noticed that based on the large man's posture, that he might also be a warrior or some sort. He had seen enough armed mercenaries in his past to notice someone that was used to violence and killing.

Hiro had opened the doors to the tavern. He opened them softly as to not arouse suspicion. There were a couple people huddled around what seemed to be the Tavern owner. They were discussing going on a tour around the castle and such. He had his friend Akeno on his shoulder. It was a adorable female Eevee. She understood Hiro's feelings quite well and knew how to react to him. It wasn't long before he noticed his old friend Kurono. He hadn't seen Kurono in quite a while, since he left to become a knight. Hiro of course stayed to become a pokemon trainer and sure enough he is on his first journey.

Hiro walked up behind Kurono and lightly hit him on the back of the head "Wassup Kurono! Long time no see eh?" He was actually quite happy to see him and his new found friend Lancelot. "I guess I have to join up on this tour now. I can't leave my buddy Kurono all alone!"