Pokemon: Battling into Your Heart (Lovely Blade/Jovian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey rubbed his neck. "Sorry about that. I do think of you as another trainer, I just feel a little less like one." He looked over at the Pikachu she sent out and widened his eyes. "Wow! So that's a Pikachu? I'd seen one on TV but never in person. It's kinda cute for something that can get so strong," he commented. He offered the Pikachu his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Pikachu. I'm Trey and this is Eevee."

She giggled again,"He is pretty cute." Pikachu took his hand sending a small electric shock through him. "Pika!" Mikayla gasped,"Pikachu no! That will hurt him! I'm so sorry Trey!" She apologized returning Pikachu.

TThe shock sent a jolt through both him and Eevee but didn't do too much more than just rattle them. Eevee glared at the Poke Ball in Mikayla's hand though despite Pikachu being inside of it. Trey put a hand on his head and ruffled his fur before standing and smiling a little. "That was my fault, really. He's got a bit of an attitude, huh?" he asked with a laugh. "Guess we should head out. Maybe we'll get along better later on, right?"

She smiled,"Yea Pikachu is not to fond of strangers and he doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way!" She put the pokeball in her bag and pulled her gloves up some and dusted off her clothes a little. She had gotten a little dusty from the gym battle. "Yea let's go and I'm sure he will warm up to you."

"All right!" Trey set Eevee down to walk next to them and walked towards the gate out of the town. "What do you think we should try to find first?" he asked, looking at Eevee but also asking Mikayla. "I think there were some Purrloin out there, but I don't remember much else. What do you think?"

"A Purrloin would be nice although I do believe there are Lilipup and Mareep in this area as well," She said looking into the tall grass. "Any of them would be good choices." She looked at him with a grin.

Trey considered his options for a bit before nodding. "We'll just have to see what we find first then!" he exclaimed, rushing forward with his Eevee at his heels. He looked around for a while, continuing down the path and even walking backwards occasionally. At least until he tripped over a tree root.

She laughed as he fell from tripping over the root. "Maybe you should be more careful!" She teased.

He sat up and rubbed his head, grinning a little. "Yeah, I probably should be more careful," he agreed, laughing as his Eevee jumped onto his lap and licked his chin. "Well, that should have scared off most of the Pokemon close, too. Guess we'll have to go a little further or wait a while before trying to catch something." Trey got to his feet and rubbed his backside. "I'm thinking a Mareep will make a good addition, if we can find one."

She smiled,"I think so too electric types are pretty nice to have." She walked farther along the path. She noticed a yellowish orange orb appear above the grass. Instantly she recognized the tail of a Mareep. "Trey!" She called quietly,"Over here there's a Mareep."

Trey practically fell over his feet, and his Eevee, trying to get close to see where she was pointing without making too much noise. "Sweet! Eevee, let's go get it!" Eevee nodded and jumped out, startling the Mareep but not scaring it off. "Quick Attack!" Eevee was quick to act at Trey's command, rushing forward to hit the Mareep in the side, causing it to lose its balance a little. As soon as the Mareep was balanced again, it started to spark with an electric attack. "Dodge it!" Eevee jumped off to one side as Mareep sent a Thunder Shock towards him, catching his leg and causing Eevee to stumble a little in his landing. "Tackle it now!" Shaking it off, Eevee pushed forward to tackle the Mareep again, knocking it onto its side for a moment. Trey got out an empty Poke Ball and enlarged it, tossing it before Mareep could completely right itself. The ball pulled in Mareep and closed, shaking once... twice... and then going still. "Yes!" Trey jumped, pumping his arm up before going to grab the Poke Ball and Eevee. "Did you see that?" he asked, turning to Mikayla with a huge grin. "I caught Mareep!"

She laughed. "Very well caught Trey. You sure are a ball of energy aren't you?" She said amused. "That Mareep should come in handy and make a good friend. Although be careful maybe all electric types have attitudes like Pikachu."

With a shy laugh, he touched the back of his head. "Yeah, I guess I do have a lot of energy." Then he looked at his Poke Ball and frowned. "You don't think that Mareep doesn't like me for catching it, do you? Should I take it back to have it healed?" He frowned and looked at Eevee, who was sitting at his feet looking a little tired as well. "We can probably make it to the next town, though, right?"

"I think we will get to the next town and you can heal it there. I'm sure it doesn't dislike you all pokemon tend to become friendly to it's trainer after being caught although it takes a long time to build a friendship with some pokemon," She said beginning to walk back down the trail.

Trey nodded and looked at his Poke Ball again before putting it away. "I suppose you're right. I've got a lot to learn!" he said with a grin before quickly stepping up to where Mikayla was walking, his Eevee at his heels. "My first catch... It's pretty exciting. Hey, did you want to catch anything out here too? I'd like to see you catch a Pokemon too! Though I guess there's plenty of time for that, too."

She shook her head,"There really isn't any here that I would like to add to my team I'm waiting to see what else there is. I would have got Mareep too but I have Pikachu and I am hoping to come across a water type, grass, or fire." She patted her Eevee that still sat comfortably on her shoulder.

Nodding, Trey thought about the types she mentioned. "I'd like a fire type myself. I don't know much about water or grass types though." He frowned as he considered the options. "Maybe I should just stick to what I have for a while, until I'm sure I know what I want. It's not good to have a bunch of Pokemon and not be able to choose between them. Am I right?" he asked, turning to grin at his human friend.

"You have a good point and that's exactly why I'm waiting as well," She said as the next town came into view. "Hey look we are almost there it's just over that bridge. She said smiling.

"All right!" he exclaimed before getting in a position to run. "Wanna race, Eevee?" His Eevee made a noise and nodded before booting forward without warning. "Hey, you cheater!" Trey was about to run off before he looked at Mikayla, causing Eevee to pause a few feet ahead."You wanna race too?"

She smiled happily she hadn't raced since she was six. She was always the fastest in her home town. She nods and places Eevee on the ground who ran to stand by Trey's. "Sure let's do this. Ready...Get Set...Go!" She yelled and bolted off quickly. She looked back at Trey with a giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.