Undisputed king of the Dinosaurs
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Prologue: "A Rag Tag Team of Trainers"

73a193569d775b885af6f8a731e4774a.jpg

"Welcome the Mugen region trainer, So glad you came to stop by our little town of Ruby. I am Professor Emily Ponderosa, The Pokemon expert of the region. I hope you are successful in your goals as a trainer, Though times may be tough I know that this adventure of yours will help you grow not only in as a physical whole, but as a person as well. Before you set off how ever, why don't I give you a tour of out little town?"

"Let's see here, Oh! In the east side of town is the pokemon center, new arrivals and trainers are always eager to get some battling in once they arrive. So it should go without saying that their injured pokemon are taken here for treatment and rest..."

"In the west there is the pokemon mart, if there's a place to shop it's here. Although our local mart is smaller than others, it still provides the essentials for trainers from pokeballs to antidotes. Be sure to stock up before you leave town, the road ahead can get pretty dicey."

"In the south there is the entrance to Ruby Forest, this is the only way to get to Alpha City from here. It is home to the bulk of Mugen's bug type pokemon, and only bug type pokemon can be found there. Watch out for weedles, and be on the lookout for Heracross."

"In the North is the harbor, most trainers are new to our region arrive here and rest up their pokemon before braving the Ruby Forest. In fact I am expecting a visitor from the Unova region to stop by soon, Baybe to day will be the day we can finally talk."

"Finally there is the Town Square, this is the most popular spot in town for trainers to battle. and although most of them are just beginners it is no less exciting to see either way. If one is looking for a fight in Ruby Town, look no further than here.

"Well I wish I can stay and chat some more, but I am very busy today. maybe we will meet again some day. Good luck out there."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

tyranntx3_zpsexcocn6s.png

Tyrannt had arrived from the Harbor in the south and was just sitting by himself on a park bench in the Town Square. He was just making plans for how he and his pokemon were going to pass though Ruby Forest, as it was literally crawling with bug type pokemon. Although he did have Heat Trap, his shiny charmander, to help fend them off he did not want to over work him.

Beside him on the bench stood the pokemon in question, Heat Trap the Charmander. who was eager to get a start on the adventure, and made it very clear about that to Tyrannt.

"Char! Charmader!"

it cired out, practically bouncing in excitment. Tyrant looked down to his friend and spoke to him calmly.

"I Know you are excited, but we can't just barge in there haphazardly. You and the others get poisoned by a weedle, or tossed about by a territorial herracross." he would say petting the fiery lizard on its head.

But heat trap persisted, it REALLY wanted to have a battle with something. it didn't care what.

"Alright, alright... I guess we could use a little practice, before we start getting ready." Tyrannt would say with a smile to his friend. He would then look around the square for a challenger, some one who would at least be interesting. His attention was drawn to a Bug Catcher, who was bragging to his girlfriend about a butterfree he just caught from the Ruby Forrest.

A butterfree, that was a bug type pokemon that could do quite a bit if one was not careful. Poisoning, sleep inducing, paralysis, and even confusion. A Perfect way to test Heat trap for the Forest, and he was in luck too. The Bug Catcher has noticed him, and was looking for a way to test out HIS new pokemon. The two walked up to one another and looked one another dead in the eye.

"Nice bug, bet it's no match for my Charmander" Tyrannt would say with a smug look on his face.

"We will see who's pokemon is stronger when Spores is done with you" the Catcher would retort.

the two of them took several steps back from one another, sent out their pokemon, and the battle began!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Crow @An Otaku @timv999 @vulae

Last edited:
Reactions: An Otaku
"That's impossible! I thought I had it in the bag!"

"It is true that you would possess the type advantage. However, I am no ordinary Psychic, I am a rookie Psychic! Now Fennekin, Fire Spin!"

A Fennekin unleashed a terrible tornado of ardor upon a Weedle.

"What is that supposed to mean?" the Bug Catcher asks.

"It means," the Psychic states, "I'm too mediocre to use my own Psychic-type Pokemon."

"NO! WEEDLE!"

The battle soon ended as the Weedle fainted.

"Fennekin, good job, return," the Psychic said, before handing a berry to the Bug Catcher. "Use this to heal your Pokemon. And do not underestimate us Psychics please, even if your type specialization is advantageous to ours. Thank you."

The Psychic returned to a meditative pose in the middle of the lush greenery of Ruby Forest. Using his psychic capabilities, he caused his two Pokemon - a Pichu and an odd, purple cloud Pokemon - to revolve around him like the moon around the earth.

This psychic seemed to hover off the ground himself- or herself?

"Where is he?? He's so late.....Ugh, I hope he's coming... This egg can't hold out forever...."

A girl with wavy black and red hair leaned against the building behind her, watching the town with her vivid green eyes. Within her arms, she held an egg incubator with a dark green egg that had lighter green and red spots on it. Next to her was her trusty growlithe, Edan, who watched the world around him for anyone who might be a Pokemon Professor. "Hm? Oh hey, look! A Pokemon battle in Town Square! Let's go watch!"

The girl pushed off the wall and started walking excitedly, but Edan growled. "What....? He's the one whose late... Why can't I go see a Pokemon battle as I wait?" With another growl and a bark, the girl sighed. "Fine. I'll watch it here. You happy now?" The orange dog like creature wagged its tail and looked quite pleased with himself, which only made the girl more annoyed. "I can't hear anything from here... This sucks..."

She went back to the building and sat down, taking out the egg to clean off its shell and check its progress. "All this way and the guy might not even show up. He's the only reason I was allowed to leave, well except for Edan and his over protectiveness...If they find out he didn't show, they might make me go home," she muttered to herself as she used a white handkerchief to gently polish the egg. When she was finished, she sighed again, put the egg back in the incubator and leaned back, totally irritated. "I wanna do something!!"

Without realizing it, she had fallen asleep. She wasn't sure for how long, however she jolted awake at the sound of Edan barking. "Wha..? What's wrong....?" She rubbed her eyes tiredly, before focusing on a figure moving towards them. She bolted right up with the egg, hoping this was the guy. "Hey! Are you that professor guy whose getting this egg?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TyranntX
Purple tennis shoes scraped along the sidewalk as the young man's hunched forward, stiff-legged gait hurried south. Unnaturally poised shoulders were kept rigid, his tremored hand clawed around a small, thin plastic rectangle deep within the pocket of his lab coat. His violet eyeglasses focused at ground level, refusing to meet the gazes of passersby, before flicking hazel irises at the people stopped before him; but they were just gawking at shop windows, enthused about the newly imported pokétch wristwear.

Be cool, man, he thought, resuming his hustled pace away from the harbor. I'm so overt, I'm covert -- the tried and true methodus operandi of the disguised! Hah-hah…. Hah. Hah-hah! Mwua-haha-hah!

"Hey!" Someone cried.

Waaaaahhh!!

Halting his path with the resolution of a rhyperior using block was a girl just shy of adolescence, large eyes peering up at him. She was clutching a glass-dome that housed a hefty, dark green oval. The child's accusatory, pursed mouth and narrowing, reddened gaze felt as though she could see right through him. Then, she said, "Are you that professor guy whose getting this egg?"

The growlithe circling through the child's legs paused to leer upwards.

He closed and parted his lips a couple times, eyes shifting between the child and glass incubator. With the clear of a throat, he smiled, chuckled, and pulled the plastic card from his pocket, thumb over the photo, flashing the pokémon Professor ID before him. "Why but of course it is I," he lied. "None other than the Professor Garrett Morral!"
@vulae

Grayson Morel's half-lidden stare at the iridescent red numbers slowed the alarm clock's passage of time to an almost complete standstill. The electronic readout, indiscernible through vestiges of sleep and the covering of long bangs, gave cause for him to turn away -- smearing his face through the pillow to face the other side as his sprawled form lay stomach down. Splayed limbs tied in and out of sheets garbed in last night's red shirt and pale-brown trousers.

On the bedside opposite the clock chugged his room's AC unit, the fan's motoring breeze pushed curtains to and fro like a long-dressed wisp. Occasionally, bits of light beamed through the partings to blind him, shattering the room's pitch darkness.

RING-RING-RING

A five second groan escaped Morel as he waited for the room phone to shut up. It didn't. Rolling back over, he buried his left eye into the pillow, batted his right eye to behold the clock.

11:39AM

"Ffffff-"

RING-RING-RING

A completely wide-eyed Morel lurched through his covers, hacked his throat clear, and picked up the corded phone. "Ah, hello?"

"Professor Morel..!! I'm sorry we failed to phone your room earlier as requested but we were unable to reach you. On behalf of our entire crew aboard the S.S. Anne, allow me to formally offer you my deepest apologies, sir!"

Two fingers rested along his brow, massaging his forehead. Not even off the ship and I've already made a mistake. Nice going, "professor." Augh…

Morel pressed the phone back to his ear to catch the middle of a spill about free lunch entrées, but cut them off. "Yeah, don't worry about it," he sighed, hung up, then promptly returned to bed. On the one hand, Morel had a meeting with his new friend, colleague, and online-penpal, Emily Ponderosa. On the other hand, Morel had an uncomfortable thin-blanketed bed with rigid mattress; but like a pair of alcoholics whom began disgusted with each other's appearance before intaking enough substances, Morel was tired enough for that once unattractive bed to start looking particularly fine.

Sleeping forever also meant no responsibilities until, of course, he starved to death, but that was for a future Morel to deal with. Drawing the back of his left hand across his forehead, a pointed edge scraped his eyebrow. Lowering the hand, he inspected the culprit. An emerald-cut sparkling green jewel, stamped with a minor silver bit depicting a frivolous letter 'O' -- his graduation ring from Oak University.

. . .

Fine, whatever. Sure.

Through a mixture of kicks and crawls, Morel freed himself from the mattress and onto the carpet. He staggered upright as he'd done so many late mornings whilst earning a degree, flash dressing into something marginally presentable in barely a minute. Tugging down the slimfit white, collared shirt over his burgundy top, socks sliding into his rugged trainers, he scrambled himself together then patted over his belt and back pockets. Mensio amulet, check; professor ID, check; wallet, check; journal…

After a moment of frantic rifling, he found it was atop the nightstand behind the clock. His fingers brushed over the faded and wrinkled leather, it's yet gilded lettering still stubbornly displaying the original owner's name. Morel then resumed his prior mindset, displacing a smile and returning the journal to its rear-belted pouch. Snatching up the last vestiges of his belongings, Morel pressed his folded coat into the handheld suitcase and clasped it shut, before replacing his feathered-brim hat, and breezing out the room. And immediately banging into someone.

There was a clattering nearby as Morel launched into the wall. A lab coated fellow in glasses and disheveled brown hair raked back spiraled to the wood-paneled flooring, wincing in pain.

Morel hissed a curse, setting down his suitcase, and grasping the guy's shoulder. "Merde. Apologies there, guy." Morel returned him to his feet, brushed off his coat with a gloved hand. "There you are. All set about again, yeah? Real sorry for that, but maybe try a slower approach next time. What with these narrow halls and all."

With a fleeting amicable tap to the arm, Morel tipped his hat before regrabbing his suitcase and setting for the cruise liner's exit ramp.

As the older boy in a peculiar hat vanished around a corner, the previously flattened man massaged his shoulder with a grimace. "Try a slower approach next time..." Hmph, jerk. Why don't YOU try a slower-

His train of thought faltered as his eyes took in the plastic card lying aside the floor rail. Fingers picked at the thin rectangle's edge several times before securing a grip. It appeared to be an ID card -- or perhaps some sort of clearance pass -- belonging to a professor.

He couldn't believe it. There was no way that guy was an actual pokémon professor, he didn't look anything like one! And yet the very same individual's face was plastered in the upper corner, alongside a birth date that placed him at the age of seventeen. He must have cheated his way to the title; but even then, it was still an incredible accomplishment. And the embodiment of that work and accomplishment was laying right here in his hands.

An audible gulp came from his throat before the man leapt to his feet after the apparent professor. Curses, why did I have to be the one stuck playing delivery-boy? There's no way I'm going to... find. Him.

His run slowed to a jog, the jog to a walk, finally settling into a standstill. Then again, he thought while looking at the card, Maybe I shouldn't find him...

"Blaze use flamethrower!" The thirteen year old boy watched on as his best friend Blaze the Growlithe battled against a Bulbasour. It had been a fierce battle with both pokemon getting their hits in, but now it seemed as if Blaze had the advantage. It does help that Blaze has the type advantage that was one of the reasons why Hideki picked Blaze for this battle. The boy smirked as He saw Blaze's flamethrower hit his opponents Bulbasour. The bulbasour fell to the ground and fainted. Hideki smiled as he was the victor in this battle. "We did it!" Blaze turned around and ran at Hideki jumping into his arms and knocking him to the ground. Blaze started barking and licking Hideki's face. "Okay Okay, Blaze thats enough buddy." Blaze happily barked and and allowed Hideki to get up. Hideki petted his head "Great Job Blaze you were great!"

Hideki's opponent congratulated him on his victory. The two boys talked for a moment before shaking hands and heading their separate ways. Hideki exited the alleyway where his battle was and walked into the town square, with Blaze in tow. The town was beautiful! There plenty of shops and restaurants in this town and the scenery was beautiful. He looked around the town square and saw plenty of people out and about including two trainers who were about to enter a pokemon battle. Hideki looked down to Blaze. He grabbed a berry out of his bag and gave it to Blaze. "
Here Blaze eat this, this will heal you up." The dog pokémon barked happily and ate the berry out of his hand. Hideki got up off of one knee and started to walk towards where the battle was about to take place. "Come on boy lets go watch this battle, maybe we can find our next victory between these two trainers." Hideki laughed a little and smirked as he walked over to scout the battle that was about to unfold.

♬ Now Playing - Trainer Battle!

The Bug Catcher decided to make the first move, and called out his orders to Spores.

"Tackle Attack Spores!" he would say, as the flying bug pokemon charged at Hat trap from the sky at ramming speed. Tyrannt remained calm, there was no need to hesitate nor was there one to panic. the battle just started after all.

"Dodge it Heat Trap, and use Dragon Pulse!" Tyrannt would say to his charmander, as the yellow lizard would reply and fire t's attack. Landing a direct hit! but it was far from over! as the butterfree was able to recover after crashing to the ground, and it didn't look happy.

"Try hitting it from a distance with Gust!" this however would not work, for at that moment Tyrannt game an order of his own. "Use Flamethrower!" and when the two attacks collided they canceled one another out. Tyrannt would congratulate Heat Trap for it's marksmanship, but was in no way off guard.

Now the Bug Catcher was getting Desperate, and called out to his pokemon. "Rush it and use Poison Powder!", Tyrannt Responded to this rash action with one of his own. "Get in close and hit it with shadow claw!" he demanded. The Two pokemon charged are one another, and before Spores can even use it's attack... Heat Trap hit it to what can be described as a "Shadow Claw, Uppercut", to send his opponent flying into an adjacent fountain.

"Spores RETURN!" now that catcher was FURIOUS, and reached into his bag for another pokeball. "You think you are so tough, TRU THIS ON FOR SIZE! ... GO HERCULE!" he would yell out, as he sent out a heracross.

Tyrannt simply just looked at him with barely what one could call mild amusement. "Heat Trap get back, let's let the newbie have a go."

Heat Trap smiled at his trainer and waddled back to him as Tyrannt threw out a new pokemon "Time to FIGHT Kiber, show'em what you're made of!" he said, sending out a trapinch.

This fight ended much shorter than the one that preceded it. Hercule didn't even get a turn. By the time Kiber was sent out Tyrannt had already given it the command to use Dig. The Bug Catcher panicked and ordered his pokemon to use mega horn.... but Hercule didn't know what to do, there was nothing to attack. At that moment Kiber popped up from beneath the heracross and KOed it in a single hit.

The Battle was won, Tyrannt recalled Kiber and took his leave back to the park bench he was at before...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afterwards. . .

Tyrannt felt that the last half of that fight was... underwhelming at best. But at least now he knew he and his poke'mon could take on Ruby Forest with little to no opposition safe for a trainer battle here and there. "Looks like all we need to do now is hit up the pokemon center, restore you and the others, grab some gear at the mart and leave... thoughts?" he would say to Heat Trap who was once again next to him.

Heat trap would simply reply like any pokemon would... "Char, Charmander! Char Char!"

"Sure, we can stay here for a bit longer" Tyrant would respond, he noticed that Heat Trap was having a lot of fun in the square and was enjoying seeing the people with their own pokemon... It's not like they were in any hurry or anything.

Suspicious.... Faye watched as the man jumbled around and pulled out a card, covering a picture that would identify him. She could tell that it was intentional, which could only mean one thing: This man was a fraud. It seemed Edan caught on too, seeing the man's body language and identifying it as that of a liar's. With a smile as sweet as honey, she met his eyes evenly with a hint of mischievousness. "Its a pleasure to meet you, Professor. The name's Faye. You spoke to my parents about the egg? So you know what you have to do?" The man looked confused. "Do? Do what?" With those three words, the fun has begun.

"Well, to prove you're worthy of this egg, of course!" Her sugary demeanor began dripping with an impish attitude and before the man could protest, she was dragging him off through town. She dragged him through Town Square, getting "lost" in the crowd away from the man. Using this time, she switched the egg with a fake that she had brought for just a situation. She also sent out her shinx, whispering in his ear before sending him off. Then she sent Edan to track down the man, finding him within minutes. "Sorry! I totally got ahead of myself!" Another sickening sweet smile, acting as a disguise to mask her true intent.

Weaving in and out of stores, restaurants, and tourist areas, the pair hit all popular places in town and had to constantly push through crowds. It was obvious the Professor was getting very annoyed, which only made the girl smirk. Everything was going to plan. "Just one more place, and then you can have the egg!" That was the straw that broke the camel's back. "Are you kidding me?! You have me run through town on silly errands to prove my worth and it's still not enough?!" Faye tried to hide a smile, looking down at the ground. Hook, line, and sinker! "T-to be honest.... I've n-never been away f-from home... I got h-here and I-I didn't know anyone.... I-I was scared...." She looked up, tears in her eyes. "I-It was f-fun... And I-I feel a-a little more confident now.... S-s-sorry for wasting y-your time....H-here's the egg...." Faye pushed the fake into the Professor's arms and took off. The man, completely taken back, tried to follow. However, as he started after her, what appeared to be a blue flash shot by and he fell to the ground, the fake egg shattering. People stared as the man sat up and panicked, trying to collect the egg pieces.

Faye returned, wiping her eyes and smiling. She offered a hand to the man and when he took it, she pulled him to her feet. "I-I don't understand...?" She pet her shinx gently, telling him he did a good job before facing the flustered man. "Next time you think of lying, remember that person may not be so gullible. The egg you dropped was a fake, and all that 'errand running' was to genuinely waste your time. I mean, you didn't seem to have much going on, impersonating Professor Morel after all. Speaking of, can I get his ID card back? I still have to meet up with him." The man couldn't believe his ears. He was tricked? By a ten year old? Completely stunned, he did as told and handing over the small plastic card. "Thank you! And hey, cheer up. You've learned your lesson, now head towards a brighter future! This time as yourself, though," She smiled, genuinely this time before checking the time. "Oh shoot, now I'm the one late... Hope he is still there... Gotta go! Maybe I'll see you around!" And with that, she was gone, zooming between people with Edan and Raiden right behind her.

With a skid, the girl suddenly had an idea. She returned Raiden, then used the newly received ID card to give Edan the professor's scent. After sniffing the air a little, he barked and took off with Faye close behind. "No worries, Professor.... I'll get you your egg... But after all this trouble, you owe me," she muttered with a smirk.

Reactions: timv999
Hideki watched the battle instantly. It was a fierce battle that early on went back and forth. The fight between there Charmander and Butterfree was spectacular! He really loved how intense that battle was, and as he thought Charmander ended up winning the battle. Then something unexpected happened. The bug trainer kid brought a Heracross. Hideki gasped when he saw it, He had never seen a Heracross in person before and honestly it was an amazing sight to see. As one of the strongest bug pokemon the Heracorss looked it was gonna give a phenomenal battle, unfortunately that was not the case. The trainer who had won with his Charmander pulled out an interesting choice in Trapinch. Hideki was sure that Heracross would win, but actually Trapinch dominated and won the battle quite easily. Hideki along with all the other people who watched the battle were shocked, Heracross is such a revered pokemon while Trapinch well it isn't. So watching the trainer with with his Trapinch was incredible. Hideki was interested in this trainer. He seemed like someone Hideki would want to battle. He looked down at Blaze who happily barked at him. Hideki laughed and smiled as he petted Blaze on top of his head and decided he wanted to meet this trainer.

"Come on Blaze lets go introduce ourselves." Hideki with Blaze in tow made his way over to the bench where this trainer and his Charmander were sitting. He put on a smile as he walked up to the kid, who seemed to be slightly older than himself. The kid was maybe 14 or 15 while Hideki was 13. Hideki moved some of his Black hair out of his eyes as he walked over to the trainer on the bench. "That was a pretty impressive battle you put on there. Your Charmander and Trapinch were both pretty incredible out there." Hideki put out his hand. "Im Hideki its nice to meet you." Blaze nudged Hideki and barked a little bit, Hideki laughed "Oh of course and this right here is Blaze. He said his is very excited too meet you guys as well."

@TyranntX

Tyrannt would regard the trainer who approached him, along with the growlithe beside him. He would extent his to shake theirs, and introduce himself. "Tyrannt, and this is my partner, Heat Trap" he would say to Hideki. Heat Trap would Respond to them as well... "Char, Char! Charmander!" it called out to Blaze. Tyrant would look analyze Hideki for a moment, though he seemed young in his eyes that did not exactly mean they were not a capable trainer. "So what brings you Ruby Town? I take it you too are looking to be a pokemon trainer?" He would ask, even though it seemed a bit obvious... to him at least. And if this was the case and they were looking to battle, Tyrannt would be unsure if his pokemon would be able to handle it. Two o his pokemon just got done with a fight, even though Kiber didn't really do that much and Heat Trap was in now way injured (though he could use a little break to regain some stamina). Ultimatly the only other pokemon who had not gotten any action today was his third pokemon... though it may not be that way for long...

@timv999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later, a truck sped its way though the square with police cars and police officers in pursuit! "Everyone get to safety! Syndicate is on the attack and taken Professor Ponderosa hostage!" one of the officers would say, urging everyone to get to shelter lest they become hostages too. Thankfully for them they only seemed interested in the professor, that dose mean that they can't be up to any good however... "THEY ARE HEADING FOR RUBY FOREST!" another officer would yell out. A lot of people seemed to be in a panic, and scrambled for the lives of them selves and their pokemon... But Tyrannt, was not one of those people..."Sorry to cut this short, but there's something I need to take care of" he would say to Hideki. Tyrannt then got up from the bench and looked down to Heat Trap. "Let's roll buddy!" Tyrannt would say to the charmander as he and his partner took of running in the direction of Ruby Forest.

Further down the road in the Ruby Forest, The Sydicate lacky driving the truck had managed to shake off the law but had crashed into a tree. He, the passanger, and the professor (whom was tide up in a sac), all survived. "You had ONE job man, ONE! the ONLY tree that just so HAPPENED to be in our way... and you just HAD to hit it!" one Syndicate grunt would say to the other. "I panicked okay! you know how much I hate this place! There's nothing but nasty ass bugs everywhere!" the second one would say to the first. "What ever let's just get the hostage and get a move on before the cops find us again!" Said the first one, as the second took a hold of a large sac and threw it over his shoulder. "God she's heavy, The sooner we get her back to base the better" Little did they know they were not alone in their immediate area...

red-autumn-forest-wallpaper-2.jpg

♬ Now Playing - Ruby Forest

Ruby Forest, is an unusual place. The Trees are garnished with red and crimson leaves all year round. This is what gives the forest it's name and its' presence is what gives the name of Ruby Town. Here, one will find nothing but bug type pokemon roaming freely here. It is also the only place where you can even FIND most bug type pokemon...with the exception of two that are more indigenous to the sea. However, this place is none the less more breathtaking and dangerous. Beware the pokemon known as heracross, though they are the rarest here they are highly territorial... And will attack without warning. Somewhere within these trees is where the kidnapers are hiding, as they make their way to the secret headquarters.

@timv999 @Crow @vulae @An Otaku

Reactions: timv999
"Well its nice to meet you guys." Blaze walked over closer to Charmander and happily barked back at Heat Trap as the two seemed to communicate on their own. Hideki looked Over Tyrannt. He already knew that Tyrannt was a very component trainer and someone that Hideki would love to have a battle with. Hideki looked around the town and smiled at all the people enjoying their days. It really was nice seeing how humans and pokemon were interacting with each other as everything was so peaceful. It helped that the day was a beautiful, warm and sunny day, that always made people and pokemon a like more friendly. He turned his attention back to Tyrannt when he asked him what he was doing in this town. "Yeah Im a pokemon trainer as well. Yeah just like my father I plan on becoming a trainer. Ive got three pokemon so far and Im looking to add some more. Also got quite a few victories under my belt." Hideki chuckled for a moment as he thought about his journey so far. He came from Jade Town which is just the next town over from Ruby Town, so it wasnt that far of a walk, but on the way he ran into a few trainers and had a few battles. So far he had come out victorious in all of his battles and he hoped to keep that streak alive.

All of a sudden he heard loud sirens rushing down the street. He turned his head as he saw quite a few police cars chasing after a truck. The truck was driving recklessly through town at high speeds and was juts barely avoiding hitting people. The police told everyone to get out of the square and to get somewhere safe. Hideki watched as people and pokemon alike scrambled to get to safety. Hideki gritted his teeth when he heard that it was Team Syndicate that was causing the trouble. They had been a problem in the region for a while now and Hideki hated them. They had caused some problems in his home town of Jade Town until they were finally pushed out of the town.

"Sorry to cut this short, but there's something I need to take care of" Hideki turned back to Tyrannt as he heard him speak up. He saw him and his Charmander sprint off towards the forrest where the truck was heading. There was no way that Hideki was going to miss out on this. "Come on Blaze were going too." Hideki and Blaze caught up with Tyrannt and Heat Trap as the four ran towards the forrest. "I know where you're going and were coming too. I figured you could use a little backup."

Weaving through people to find the professor, Faye and Edan had stopped to regain his trail and to rest. She pulled out a special water bottle with a bowl attached and gave Edan some water before drinking some herself. "Man... this guy's trail is all over the place...." She sighed and looked around, seeing nothing but a large mass of people. She put her water bottle back and pulled out the ID card again, but before Edan could sniff it, the police rushed by saying Syndicate took Professor Ponderosa into the Ruby Forest. The two didn't even need to exchange looks or talk to each other. A new goal had come into play, head into the forest and help the Professor.

The crowd around them panicked and ran, and Faye sighed again. It was hard enough to dodge them when they were happy. Now they're all smashing into each other and freaking out. This had to be dealt with first, else she'd never get through. Besides, the people could hurt each other or children could become seperated from their parents. Looking around, she tried to find someplace to get everyone's attention. She found she was close to a fountain near the center of Town Square, and next to that was a police officer with a megaphone delivering the news again and telling everyone where to go. As Faye tried to push her way to the fountain, Edan dashed off ahead. He went to the police officer, barking at her, and when she didn't understand he growled in frustration before taking the megaphone.

The police officer tried to get it back, but like a game of keep away, Edan kept it out of reach. Faye made it through the crowd and jumped into the fountain's edge, calling Edan to her side. Grabbing the microphone, she ordered Edan to use flamethrower and twist it towards the sky to get everyone's attention. The police officer was rushing at them, but the flames made her stop in her tracks, wanting to hear what this child would say. Clicking on the megaphone, she raised it to her lips. "Attention! Attention! Everyone listen to me! We need to evacuate, the police said so themselves. But this panicked state is only making things harder! Parties stick together and everyone calmly walk towards the exits the police have directed you to! I repeat, parties stick together and calmly walk towards the exits the police have directed you to!"

The people started to calm down and she pulled the police officer up on the fountain, handing her the megaphone. She apologized for Edan taking it, bowed slightly out of respect, and the two of the rushed off to the forest before the officer could say anything. In the distance, they heard the police officer repeating the message she had said before listing the evac exits. But that sound and the sound of sirens soon faded when they entered the bug infested red forest. There they met up with two other trainers who entered, one with a charmarnder and one with another growlithe. "You guys here to save the Professor too? Let me join in. I wanna help."

Tyrannt would not look at either of these two people, but he did acknowledge them. "This IS syndicate we are talking about, and to be quite frank I could use all the help I can get." what he said was true, even if he could catch up with the evil doers by him self there is no telling if he can take them on by himself, he didn't even know how many of them there were. At least now he had some trainers to back him up if he needed it... assuming they could find Syndicate when they got to the forest, he didn't know what he was thinking chancing after a truck on foot. Though Ruby Forrest isn't exactly a great place for driving any motorized vehicles, there's no clear road and there are bug pokemon with mandibles that could make short work of a car or truck.

Now was not the time to be thinking negatively though, there is a professor in peril and Syndicate on the loose. Having just entered the forest with Hideki and some other girl, they would need a plan on tracking them down... So they had arrived Tyrant reached for his belt and picked the pokemon holding his third pokemon. "Meta Jaw! It's time to HUNT!" he would call out as he threw the pokeball. From it a tyrunt had appeared, a rather big one too. "Tyrunt and tyrantrum have powerful senses, we can use mine to see about tracking down Syndicate's truck... I don't think a vehicle of that size will fair well here." He would say before pausing to face the two other trainers "Thoughts?"

@vulae @timv999

Last edited:
Reactions: vulae
Ponderosa's lab was straight out of a magazine. Distanced just into the outskirts but still visible from town, the three-storied estate's spacious property had dainty shrubs and short trees lining the semi-circled road to its central abode. A solid, steel antenna tower coupled with radar dishes doubled-past the lab's modern, burnt orange roof; and a greenhouse structure was situated almost a kilometer back, nestled squarely into the red-leafed forest's edge.

As Professor Morel walked inside the annexed entry way, automated glass doors sliding open, the refreshing air conditioner unit gentled into him. The following interior set of doors was tinted, likely as some minor modem of privacy. Tapping his knuckle at the doors' control panel, it occurred to him that every pokémon laboratory he'd ever visited had unlocked doors. Which was fair given how many guests they entertained on a daily basis, academics and trainers alike, but it still felt like Morel was the odd professor out given his own hub's access restrictions. Maybe he should change that.

The door control beeped, tinted glass panels dividing outward, and Morel was given full range to a complete vandalization. Black scuff marks littered the floor. Cabinets' glass was broken, the research materials and tools inside scattered or altogether broken. As he stepped through a fallen bookcases scattered journals and books, Morel decided his own lab was fine the way it was.

He walked silently through the mess and pulled a pokéball from his belt. Short of Ponderosa being a slob fond of suplexing her own furniture, he sincerely doubting this was the lab's natural state of being. A large disc lamp hung from the ceiling emitted a vibrating hum in the otherwise silent laboratory. Whatever vandals had been here previously seemed to have since left-

BE-BE-BE-BEEP!! BE-BE-BE-BEEP!!

"What in the!" He jerked backwards, reflexively slapped a hand to his ear. His X-Transceiver's notification for an incoming call. With a long sigh, heart settling back into his chest, he brought the wrist wear's screen to his view with a snort and tapped the answer button. "Sort of in the middle of a thing, as it were."

The image was nothing but static given the long-range call, though the speaker's text-to-speech voice was still discernable if not a slight patchy. "You -KRRR- have failed to make KRRR-tact through the messaging software," droned BB's Silphco Sam voice engine. "Thi-KRRR-fore resorted to alternative means."

"I was getting around to it-"

"Fur-KRRR, atypical usage of your ID ac-KRRRR-PC of Ruby Town, Mugen's-KRRRR-center. This one hypothesized identity theft-KRRR-subsequently restricted acc-KRRR-to your laboratory boxes. Does this KRRR-pute?"

"Come again."

"Your Professor ID. Do you-KRRRR-have it, Professor?"

. . .

Luck providing, the lab's walls were sound proofed because Morel pitied any soul that heard him at that moment. Then again, luck hadn't been providing thus far so…

That card could literally be anywhere. Or rather, scratch that. He distinctly remembered hooking it to his belt – which, of course, he always did to ease the process of clearance checks – but after that, he had merely been walking straight from the harbor to Ponderosa's lab. The likelihood of it just falling off wasn't high, so then. So then perhaps it hadn't fallen off.

In a blink of clarity, Morel remember he was in the middle of a, in all likelihood, crime scene. To be worrying about his card probably wasn't the most virtuous train of thought. "Well, as long as you kept them away from the PC boxes, BB, it's fine," he said into his wrist while resuming his investigation. While most of the lab was an open storied room, there were a set of unopened doors off to the side. He grabbed the handle of a cracked door, and pulled.

"The College's PC system has dissi-KRRRR-notification systems," his xWatch crackled. "This one cou-KRRR-not prevent access. Th-KRRRR-pokémon were removed from its-KRRR-system."

Oh, that actually wasn't too bad considering. Most of the college's 'mons merely for on-hand examples, easily replaceable. All things considered, it was a stroke of luck BB had been able to keep this thief from his lab's systems. No, that wasn't quite right. BB was on watch, no luck involved. Morel would just have to make sure he was paying more attention in the future so his assistant could be properly relaxing instead of having to clean up his messes. Morel would have said as much, too, were it not for the adjacent room's cratered hole in the wall.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get back to you on that." Morel clicked off the call, appraising the rubble. Tire marks could be seen over the wood floor and remaining bits of a desk. On exit of the recently made entrance, he could see two lines of torn and matted grass trailing through the field. Either Ponderosa had been kidnapped, or her cleaning service was something awful.

Not really given any choice in the matter, Morel activated his gripped pokéball. A lightning burst of white energy jaggedly beamed into the grass, fading into the gargoyle'd form of an aerodactyl. The fossil pokémon crooked its head upward, eyes fidgeting left and right in a haywire, before loosing an earsplitting roar. Morel internalized the pain through a series of eye and jaw twitching as has grabbed hold of the aerodactyl's mouth harness, lay his gloved palm onto the pokémon's leathery snout. It's head stopped fidgeting, wide eyes and miniature pupils fixed on Morel.

"Hey, hey… Come on, Felix. It's alright, it's alright," he cooed. His glove patted down the length of the aerodactyl's snout, Felix's rapid breaths billowing through its nostrils with the frequented rise and fall of its chest. "We need to find a friend, okay? A friend – hey, no, look at me – she's been taken away from her home. We, you and me, are going to find her, okay?" He pointed down to the tire tracks, the pokémon following his gestures. "We're going to find this vehicle, got it?"

There was a certain focus of Felix's eyes that had shifted from general hunger to what seemed like understanding, followed by a draconic caw. Morel supposed that was as good an answer as he was going to get.

Setting down his suitcase, Morel flipped the locks and placed his hat inside – It was far too valuable to simply flutter away – and proceeded to strap the case to the aerodactyl's saddle. Morel slid onto the leather seat, shoes fitting into the stirrups, and flicked on a pair of sunglasses. He offered a soft pat to Felix's neck, and the pokémon looked back at Morel from the corner of its eye. "Alright now…. Just, ah, fly."

Powerful gusts from the aerodactyl's wings fluttered the grass, nearby bits of rubble sailing into the air and breaking something out of Morel's sight, before the duo was pumped into the air and jetting over the lab. Wind tugged at his body, quivering his hair back. Air streams pressed into his shades were deflected away from his eyes, whipping at exposed skin.

The first number of flights with Felix was terrifying as the aerodactyl had seemed to take pleasure in dumping him off mid-flight in order to grab him with its talons, and fly as far as it could before someone stopped it. On the one hand, Morel sincerely doubted he would ever fall to his death. On the other hand, it was tough to tell if Felix just had a taste for humans. But that was almost a year ago and since he had yet to be eaten, Morel was inclined to be optimistic.

The initial fly-by wasn't very illuminating as the tire tracks led into Ruby Town's roads and was immediately lost. However, after a few minutes of free-reign flight, they spotted a host of police units in pursuit of a van that veered on and off roads, sending passers-by leaping for cover.

Morel pointed forward to the side of Felix's right eye. "There!" He shouted over the wind, then tightened his grip on the reigns as Felix streaked even faster, lowering their elevation to a couple dozen meters above the rooftops. Firmly gripped around the aerodactyl as it began its skyward pursuit of the van, Morel could only hope he was jetting toward Ponderosa…

Reactions: timv999 and vulae
Hideki looked over as another trainer who also had a growlithe with her walk up. She seemed to be a few years younger than Tyrannt and Hideki. She wanted to help though and honestly the more they had the better. Hideki looked at her and smiled "Yeah sure kid, the more we have the better probably." Hideki turned his attention back towards Tyrannt as he brought out his Tyrunt. Tyrannt said that his Tyrunt could track for them and it would help them find the vehicle they were looking for. "Yeah that sounds good to me. They couldn't have gotten too far in this forrest with that truck, once we find them the three of us can take them down and save the professor."

Faye watched with interest as the Tyrunt was sent out, having never seen one before. Noting it's large jaws, she immediately thought about how it would be in a battle and flinched as she realized the little dinosaur creature would not let go unless ordered or very rarely shaken off. Her poor Pokémon would have lots of trouble with it, unless Edan used flame wheel or Raiden used Discharge. Shaking her head in frustration of getting off track, she refocused herself and thought about the plan. "Hm... Tracking does help in this case, however I think there needs to be more to it. This is Team Syndicate we're talking about. They always have tricks up their sleeves. And if they did indeed crash, because car and forest at high speeds doesn't work out, they most likely have a couple back to ambush and stall for time. " She hadn't meant to say any of it aloud, just thinking of the possible scenarios that could happen.

Without realizing, though, she continued to form a plan. "The van can only hold probably at most ten grunts along with the Professor, but I doubt she'd have ten guards as they must of believed her easy to get and escape with. So that puts it around 5 members, possibly. Two would stay with the professor, one would scout ahead to find a clear path, and two would lie in wait for the ambush." She grabbed two of her pokeballs and tossed them, sending out a rockruff and a shinx. "Edan, I want you to sniff these tire tracks and get Syndicate's scent. You too, Avani. Then I want the two of you to flank the two possible ambush members. Attack when ready, but I'd probably wait a few minutes to give us time to back you up. Raiden, you stay with me in case I'm off and we get attacked."

The three Pokémon agreed, although the rockruff seemed hesitant. But with a little encouragement from the growlithe, the two sniffed the tracks and took off in opposite directions. The shinx took his job as protector seriously, standing in a ready to attack position with sparks coming from his tail. The girl continued getting lost in thought before realizing the two boys were still there. Flushing a bright red and became flustered and bowed slightly to the boys. "I'm sorry! I acted without seeing what you guys thought!"

Tyrannt would stoke his chin for a moment as Faye gave exclaimed her own thoughts on the matter. "Actually that's not a bad idea, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Syndicate has called in for reinforcements by now." he would then take a moment to give the tyrunt new orders "Meta Jaw, Help Edan and Avani with tacking, give a shout out if you find anything." he would say, as the dinosaur pokemon replied to him and then started to aggressively sniff at the ground as he followed the tracks from the truck, and then BOLTED down the path. Tyrannt then looked to the others with a grin. "Looks like i'm going this way. let's regroup at the forest's heart in half an hour if we don't find anything." he would say, as he chanced after his pokemon.

@timv999 @An Otaku @vulae

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be until 10 minutes of running later until they found not the crashed truck, but something else... or rather SOMEONE else. a kid who was floating in a grassy area of the forest. Could THEY have seen the truck? it as kind of hard to mis something of that size wisp by after all. Tyannt couldn't help but to approach the kid, who didn't look that much younger than he was, to question them. "HEY YOU IN THE ROBES! I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU!" he would yell out, as he and his Meta jaw charged at him only stopping once they got in close enough so they wouldn't have to yell. Tyrannt would look at them with a not so friendly expression, after all they could be working for syndicate, heck they could be one of the ones from the truck. "My friend here and I are hunting for some syndicate trash, you wouldn't have seen them by any chance... have you?"

@Crow

Tyrannt would stoke his chin for a moment as Faye gave exclaimed her own thoughts on the matter. "Actually that's not a bad idea, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Syndicate has called in for reinforcements by now." he would then take a moment to give the tyrunt new orders "Meta Jaw, Help Edan and Avani with tacking, give a shout out if you find anything." he would say, as the dinosaur pokemon replied to him and then started to aggressively sniff at the ground as he followed the tracks from the truck, and then BOLTED down the path. Tyrannt then looked to the others with a grin. "Looks like i'm going this way. let's regroup at the forest's heart in half an hour if we don't find anything." he would say, as he chanced after his pokemon.

@timv999 @An Otaku @vulae

It would be until 10 minutes of running later until they found not the crashed truck, but something else... or rather SOMEONE else. a kid who was floating in a grassy area of the forest. Could THEY have seen the truck? it as kind of hard to mis something of that size wisp by after all. Tyannt couldn't help but to approach the kid, who didn't look that much younger than he was, to question them. "HEY YOU IN THE ROBES! I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU!" he would yell out, as he and his Meta jaw charged at him only stopping once they got in close enough so they wouldn't have to yell. Tyrannt would look at them with a not so friendly expression, after all they could be working for syndicate, heck they could be one of the ones from the truck. "My friend here and I are hunting for some syndicate trash, you wouldn't have seen them by any chance... have you?"

@Crow

Runic levitated back to a standing position as his Pokemon returned to his shoulders as well.

Runic's eyes glowed, before returning to their regular state. He taps his feet on the floor a few times.

"I believe that that is the path you wish to take," Runic speaks as he points to what appeared to be the ground, slightly dented from the truck moving through. The grass veiled it well.