Pokémon - Adventures in Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lojikal

Original poster
Olivia seemed to be the first one in Pallet Town that was awake, standing right outside of Professor Oak's lab. The sun had just went up, shining above the grassy town and the bushes that surrounded it. Wild Pokémon could be seen running around, though the ones in town weren't like those within the routes to the north and south. Children that weren’t allowed to have any of their own were often seen playing with them in the daytime. One of those children used to be Olivia, but today was the day that she would be getting one of his own and adventuring through the Kanto region, since she turned fifteen just a few days ago.

Olivia was a teenager of average height and weight for her age, standing at around 5’5” and weighing 135 lbs. Her build was quite athletic, as she was always out playing any type of sport with his friends. She was white-skinned and had long curly blonde hair that went to the middle of her back, and she had blue eyes. Today she wore a light blue T-Shirt with light brown cargo shorts and brown sneakers.

“Wow, did I really get up this early? Well, it shouldn’t be long before Oak and the boy I am supposed to be paired up with get here. I can wait,” Olivia said aloud while looking around Pallet Town, with a smile on her face. She was very excited to get a Pokémon of his own today, since she would now be able to travel the region and see the exciting sites of all the other town. Along with that benefit, she would also be able to meet new people, and catch even more Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy had awoken early that morning. He laid in bed staring up at he ceiling and he smiled. He had just turned 15 he would now finally get his very own pokemon! He wasn't sure yet on which pokemon he would pick but he was excited none the less. He got out bed and went to take a shower and get dressed. Jimmy stood at about 5'8 and was 150 pounds. He had a very athletic body because as a kid he went out and played all types of sports. He had beach blonde hair and crystal clear blue eyes. He was told he was attractive, but he had his mind set on other things. Jimmy's goal was to become the best trainer in the world and win pokemon leagues. Jimmy had always been good with pokemon he used his parents pokemon when he was younger and now was his time to get his own!

Jimmy got dressed in a blue tshirt with a black hoodie over it and a pair of shorts. He turned around and grabbed his bag. He had everything he would need for his adventure. Extra clothes, some money, some survival things as there would be a lot of times when they slept outside. He smiled and headed downstairs to see his parents smiling and waiting for him. They made him a big breakfast he sat down and talked with them and when they were done breakfast, they said their goodbyes. Jimmy said goodbye to his parents and to their pokemon he played with so much. He headed out of the door into the beautiful small town of Pallet Town. Jimmy loved this place its where he grew up and he would always consider this home, but now it was time for his adventure.

Jimmy walked through Pallet Town as he headed to Professor Oak's lab people were just starting to get their days going. Jimmy said hi to some people who were friends with his parents and told them he was leaving for his adventure. They wished him good luck. Jimmy finally made it to Professor Oak's lab which felt like it took forever, probably because he was excited to get his new pokemon. Jimmy saw a girl already there. He was pretty sure her name was Olivia he had seen her around town before and they probably played together sometimes when they were kids. She must be his partner that all the parents in Pallet Town insisted all the kids leaving on adventures have. Jimmy walked up to her and smiled "Hey Olivia, looks like were a pair huh?"

“Oh hey! You must be Jimmy right? Yep, it seems that we are. You know, I agree with their rule on pairs, as you don’t know what sort of crazies are out there, human and Pokémon alike. Even though we can call the police with our cell phones at all times, it is nice to know that we can watch out for each other in the minutes before any adults come to the rescue” Olivia faced Jimmie replied with a smile, beginning to talk the head off of the boy who called after her from behind. It was always a habbit of hers to keep her part of the conversation going beyond saying what was needed.

“Oh wow, I didn’t expect any of you to be here before I even got to the door, ha. Well, hello for starters. We will begin the picking of the Pokémon when I get in and lay out the Pokéballs,” Professor Oak greeted the two early birds, walking through the stone path that lead to his lab. He was a an old man that was as tall as Jimmy, and kept an average body build. He was white-skinned, had short gray hair that looked like it was pointing to his right, and he wore a white lab coat with a red collared shirt underneath, along with beige slacks and brown sneakers.

“Hello professor! I can’t wait to pick mines,” Olivia greeted him back, smiling at him.

“Of course, and I can’t wait for you to do so. This is a very memorable day for children such as yourself. I remember the day that I was able to pick my own Pokémon. It was amazing,” the professor replied. Once he got to the door, Oak unlocked it, went inside and turned the light switch on the side of the entrance, illuminating the large room. The walls and floor were white, and there were many rows of desks that computers and various other gadgets sat upon. At the back wall in the middle was long table with a chair behind it, which was the location that Oak headed for, with Olivia (and hopefully Jimmy) following him. It was a bit rough for Olivia to get through the door with her black back pack that had everything she needed in it, since the door was so narrow, but eventually she got through.

Once he sat down at it, Oak opened the brown duffle bag that he was carrying, and gently placed several Pokéballs onto the table. He also took out two folders that were labeled
Starter Pokémon Showcase. From the title alone, Olivia surmised that inside the folders were images of the Pokémon that were in side of each Pokéball.

“Look through the images within the folders and pick the Pokémon that you like the best. On the back of each picture are the details for that Pokémon, including it’s name, type, it’s personality, it’s favorite food choices, and the current moves they have learned,” Professor Oak explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy smiked as he listened to Olivia talk. She could defientely talk which was a good thing on a long journey that they were going on. "Yeah well I'm excited to get this adventure going! I can't wait to pick my Pokemon."

Soon enough professor Oak showed up and the three of them went inside the building. Oak went to the back of the lab where he laid out some folders for the each of them to look through. Oak explained what was in the folders and even though Jimmy already had a good idea on what Pokemon he wanted, he figured he should still look through all the choices. There were a lot of great Pokemon here and if he was able to get any of them they would be a great addition to his team. There was one pokemkn though that he knew he wanted even befofe he showed up this morning, and when he flipped the page onto this Pokemon It just reassured him of his choice.

Jimmy looked up at professor Oak and smiled "professor I would like to have Charmander as my starting Pokemon." He looked over to Olvia "I hope that's okay with you Olivia, if you want Charmander then we can work something out."

Status
Not open for further replies.