Pokémon - Adventures in Hoenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lojikal

Original poster
Oliver seemed to be the first one in Littleroot Town that was awake, standing right outside of Professor Birch's lab. The sun had just went up, shining above the grassy town and the bushes that surrounded it. Wild Pokémon could be seen running around, though the ones in town weren't like those within the route to the north. Children that weren't allowed to have any of their own were often seen playing with them in the daytime. One of those children used to be Oliver, but today was the day that he would be getting one of his own and adventuring through the Kanto region, since he turned fifteen just a few days ago.

Oliver was a teenager of average height and weight, standing at around 5'7" and weighing 145 lbs. His build was quite athletic, as he was always out playing any type of sport with his friends. He was white-skinned and had blonde shaggy hair that went just past his neck, and he had blue eyes. Today he wore a light blue T-Shirt with light brown cargo shorts and brown sneakers.

"Wow, did I really get up this early? Well, it shouldn't be long before Birch and the girl I am supposed to be paired up with get here. I can wait," Oliver said aloud while looking around Littleroot Town, with a smile on his face. He was very excited to get a Pokémon of his own today, since he would now be able to challenge the league and attempt at becoming a Pokémon master. Along with that benefit, he would also be able to meet new people, and catch even more Pokémon.

Reactions: mango
"Yo Sonny. Indeed we are, as my parents spoke to me about it yesterday. Anyway, no need to be shy precious. We are going to be traveling all around together, so we might as well not be strangers about it. I don't want to feel as if I am dragging you with me, now," the boy spoke after turning around to identify the person that called for him from behind. He formed a soft smile, letting Sonny know that he wasn't going to bite, and made direct eye contact with her, despite her trying to avoid that. "I am Oliver, and after we get our first Pokémon from Birch's lab, we are heading gym to gym so I can take the badges and aim for the championship, all the while stopping at places that interest you as well. Sounds like a plan?" Oliver asked his partner.

"Oh wow, I didn't expect any of you to be here before I even got to the door, ha. Well, hello for starters. We will begin the picking of the Pokémon when I get in and lay out the Pokéballs," Professor Birch greeted the two early birds, walking through the stone path that lead to his lab. He was a a middle-aged man that was a few inches taller than Oliver, and kept an rather large body build. He was white-skinned, had short dark brown hair and a beard, and he wore a white lab coat with a blue T-Shirt underneath, along with beige shorts and brown sandals.

"Hello professor! I can't wait to pick mines," Oliver greeted him back, smiling at him.

"Of course, and I can't wait for you to do so. This is a very memorable day for children such as yourself. I remember the day that I was able to pick my own Pokémon. It was amazing," the professor replied. Once he got to the door, Birch unlocked it, went inside and turned the light switch on the side of the entrance, illuminating the large room. The walls and floor were white, and there were many rows of desks that computers and various other gadgets sat upon. At the back wall in the middle was long table with a chair behind it, which was the location that Birch headed for, with Oliver (and hopefully Sonny) following him. It was a bit rough for Oliver to get through the door with his black back pack that had everything he needed in it, since the door was so narrow, but eventually he got through.

Once he sat down at it, Birch opened the brown duffle bag that he was carrying, and gently placed several Pokéballs onto the table. He also took out two folders that were labeled
Starter Pokémon Showcase. From the title alone, Oliver surmised that inside the folders were images of the Pokémon that were in side of each Pokéball.

"Look through the images within the folders and pick the Pokémon that you like the best. On the back of each picture are the details for that Pokémon, including it's name, type, it's personality, it's favorite food choices, and the current moves they have learned," Professor Birch explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.