[Pokemon] A Growing Land

Upon hearing the sound of water splashing Xavier went towards the source. Coming upon a large bridge with water under he walked to the shore and stuck a finger into the water, sending a charged current in and out merely to sense for aquatic life. It wouldn't be enough to hurt anything, but sense them it could definitely do. The static moved throughout the water as he concentrated into feeling the electricity flow through the water, as if an extension of himself had been placed out of his body.

Vay surfaces when she feels a little tingle run through her body and surprise her, frantic because she has never had this happen before. Upon reaching the surface she looks around quickly, but her panic makes her blind to the guest at the shore. Her mews frantic as she slaps her finned tails around. "What is this feeling?!"

Seeing the vaporeon jump out and panicking he gave a snarky response. "Maybe it's love." he mocked with a coy smile on his face as he removed his fingers from the water, the static charges discontinued as he removed himself from the water. His gaze piercing towards the pokemon. "Or maybe you're just crazy."

Vay turns to the sound of speech, the fins on her head perked up. Upon seeing the yellow figure she splashed her way to him and shakes the water off of her, "there's some crazy things in the water, I don't think its a good place to swim."

"You're crazy." he replied coldly before tapping her, the same sensation she got in the water was now going through her again. "It's a marvelous thing called electricity that you felt."

Upon being tapped her fur ruffle and she suffers from static, much like a dog after a bath shaking the water out, "I'm not crazy! There's monster in there!" Due to her young age and inexperience she has trouble putting two and two together, nipping at the yellow figure's feet softly.

It was almost pitiful how she was acting. He almost felt sorry for her. Almost. "Hey, calm down. The water is safe, it's just a little bit of tingling in there, no monster. I checked the water and there was nothing in there that's bad." he said, stopping the electric currents in his fingers as he pat the vaporeon's head reassuringly. "I promise."

She lets out a soft purr as she's petted, "you promise there's no monsters? Do you wanna come and swim with me then?" Vay looks up at the stranger with a twinkle in her eyes, shining full of hope.

"Ah no. I don't like getting wet and i can't swim well. So no thanks, i'll pass on that offer. You can go ahead and swim though. I'll keep watch for monsters." the boy said dodging the vaporeon's offer. His eyes weren't focusing on the vaporeon's to avoid the 'puppy eye' effect he had heard of well before.

"Okay! If you say so!" Vay dashes and takes a running leap into the lake, letting out a loud mew before hitting the water and causing a big splash for her small size. Staying underwater for a bit, she looks around just to make sure there are no monsters then comes back up and mews happily after she is satisfied that there are no monsters in her temporary lake.

A small disgruntled sigh escaped his lips as he watched the vaporeon enjoy the water. "How old are you?" he asked while looking at the creature, his eyes hovering to watch the ripples echo out from her splashing about. It was rather calming he had to admit to himself.

"We Vaporeons age quickly, I might be 25 but I came out of my egg not long ago!" Vay floats as she resumes talking to the friend she believes she's made. "I think Mama said that one year for us is uhh...10 for other people? I can't really remember.." Her head fins droop down as she thinks she appears a little incapable.

"Ah. I see." He replied calmly while watching her. He didn't think of her as a friend yet, hell he barely knew her. But maybe they could be acquaintances, for now. "My name is Xavier. Xavier Takeda. What about you?" he was watching her cautiously now.

"My name is Vay! Nice to meet you Mr.Takeda." Upon saying her name she sways her head side to side looking like she is singing it out. "How old are you sir? Or is that a little mean of me?"

"I'm 16." he replied calmly, a small smile moving onto his face. Her bubbly personality definitely counter acted his snarky attitude now. "It's nice to meet you as well Vay." the jolteon gijinka stated while staring at her eyes now.

Moment when I didn't realize we had an admin named Vay xD had no clue. Whoopsy

"Wow! You seem so wise and old though! Thats so cool!" Vay slowly steps out of the water, just letting the water slide off, not wanting to get her friend wet from spray. When she gets in front of him she lays down on her belly, a purr barely audible coming from her.

"Well, i had to mature fast due to living conditions where i grew up." He said calmly, but he wouldn't add anymore to the reasons of where he grew up. He much rather preferred to keep that quiet to the vaporeon. Lightly petting her again while the whole area seemed to become a calmed down section of the world.

Vay slowly crawls towards Xavier, the purr rising in volume as she happily accepts the attention she is getting, "well I'm glad I know someone as nice as you Mr.Takeda."

"The world has few kind people or pokemon in recent days. So it's good for me to know someone who's kind as well." he said calmly, lightly rubbing her head down to back. "The world is a much more harsh place than in the past Vay. Be wary of some people, as not everyone is nice."

"Yes sir, I promise I'll be careful." She speaks with a slightly drawn out tone as she enjoys the petting, leaning into it as she closes her eyes, her tail swaying against the ground side to side slowly, causing a small scratching sound to be made.