Poke'Art Online [Sign Ups and Rules]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice to know and all, but I need my request taken care of before I continue with this RP. I asked for you to post up a description of each floor as we go, since I would hate to describe a big city like the one we are in now in fear of getting it wrong according to your imagination of them.
I'll take care of that, but first I need to add the new mechanics

EDIT: okay both are done now, mind you this combat system is just a test to see how it works.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted. I have been thinking about it for a while, and I don't like dice rolls in the RP scene, and yea I know that joining a Sword Art Online-like RP implies that I would like that stuff, but meh. Gonna leave this RP, but maybe I will join one of your non-dice Roleplays like Farinhigh.

Sorry I haven't posted. I have been thinking about it for a while, and I don't like dice rolls in the RP scene, and yea I know that joining a Sword Art Online-like RP implies that I would like that stuff, but meh. Gonna leave this RP, but maybe I will join one of your non-dice Roleplays like Farinhigh.
wait. We were doing a dice roll?

It says this in the Overview: "When fighting an NPC on the other hand like a Boss or A monster here is how you do it, first role a six sided die to see which side gets to make the first move. If the number is even you go first, if it's odd them the monster gets the first move. next choose if you will attack with a weapon or a move, weapons don't miss but have weaker power to moves in most cases. Moves have a chance of missing but are much more powerful than weapons from time to time. When attacking role a 10 sided die to see if you hit or miss, Even numbers hit odds miss. When you land a hit role another 10 Sided die to see how much damage you deal. 1-3 will deal a low amount of damage, 4-6 will deal moderate damage, 7-9 will deal a great amount of damage, and if you are lucky to land a 10 it's a critical hit."

It says this in the Overview: "When fighting an NPC on the other hand like a Boss or A monster here is how you do it, first role a six sided die to see which side gets to make the first move. If the number is even you go first, if it's odd them the monster gets the first move. next choose if you will attack with a weapon or a move, weapons don't miss but have weaker power to moves in most cases. Moves have a chance of missing but are much more powerful than weapons from time to time. When attacking role a 10 sided die to see if you hit or miss, Even numbers hit odds miss. When you land a hit role another 10 Sided die to see how much damage you deal. 1-3 will deal a low amount of damage, 4-6 will deal moderate damage, 7-9 will deal a great amount of damage, and if you are lucky to land a 10 it's a critical hit."
Oh! I didn't see this until now. Thanks though, sad to see you go :(

Well, I've been meaning to try dice-rping for a while so it works that this came up. How would we roll dice and how would you know what numbers there were for us to make a proper post? @TyranntX

Well I did say that this is a WIP. So not everything may work out at first. There is actually a special feature on this forum that allows you to roll a die, but only on the RPing forums. I'll see how it works out before making any changes.

Sorry to see you go Axel, if your looking for a non dice roll Poke'mon RP, Battlegrounds might be more your speed. I'll have a link to the IC in my sig soon.

So moves have a 50/50 chance of hitting. A 6 in 10 chance to deal "bad" damage. And only a 1 in 10 chance to deal a critical hit.

That's quite terrible odds if I've ever seen one.

Especially as pokémon moves already have accuracy ratings that function.

So depending on how much less the weapon based attacks do it might be much more useful to always use attacks that are guaranteed to land and do damage, rather than attacks that have low chance of doing good damage and have a terrible hit miss ratio.

We could use actual Pokemon mechanics for this, for example using the base speed of the two Pokemon to determine which goes first and critical hits are 12.5 percent chance in the actual games.

damn, these notifs sure mess up

Are you guys close to the first boss?

Nope. Although at the moment we have two parties: tyranntx's part and iatos' party. TyranntX's is currently in the process of meeting up at the gate while Iatos' is already in action and outbon the field.

So, IC, anyone want a Chilan berry? It's a berry that will weaken one normal type move that hits the holder in battle. I assume that berries didn't get taken out since they're pretty basic.

Actually Poke'mon mechanics are far too complicated. But if one of you can find a way to simply it then I'll be willing to augment the rules. But mind you that the mathematics in Poke'mon can get so complicated that it's enough to give one a headache.

Consider it done.

For dice based hit ratio we can look at move accuracy and decid if there's any base avoidance.

Like a move with 70 accuracy would hit on a 4 and up on a 10 dice roll.

And any accuracy increasing or decreasing factors would increase or decrease that value.

Like sand attack decreasing the accuracy by one stage would result in a loss of 1 hit on the dice.

Meaning you now would only hit on 5 and up.

Because normally moves with 100% accuracy. Dosen't miss under normal circumstances.

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
Pokemon mechanics aren't that complicated-*looks at IV calculation formula*, okay let's just take out the very complicated stuff.

Perhaps you can also take out this: "Moves have a chance of missing but are much more powerful than weapons from time to time."

The strength of the move depends on the dice roll, but weapons are very weak compared to pokemon moves. There is a skillset for each weapon that can be learned, but as already stated they are weak compared to moves. The same dice roll is used for weaponry too.

Also, I looked at the Dice roleplaying section of this site and will you be making another thread for dice rolls and we write out the results and how it affects the battles? Or do we have our dice show on the IC?

Perhaps there's fusion moves that can be learned. A combination of a sword art and a Pokémon move.

Such as Shock/Ember/aqua/-blade.

Or going by the anime standards.

Moves could be magical or special attacks meaning they have a cooldown aftee use do more damage but cannot be used in quick succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.