Poke'Art Online [Sign Ups and Rules]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, for a second I thought you just forgot to add other mechanics, but it is sweet that we will get most f the SAO experience. Maybe when that happens more SAO fans will jump aboard. Btw I plan to finish both of my characters later today.

Excellent. I plan to have the IC page up either tomorrow or the day after, like you said it is possible that more players will join when we get started. And It has come to my attention that players are likely to join when the game gets interesting.

One more thing to mention (that I probably already did.) boss fights are all going to be unique in some way or form making each experience different than the last. Sometimes there will be a restriction for the battle like disabling the use of moves or making it so some types of Poke'mon can only use weapons. Some bosses are going to be strait from the anime as a reference. Just a bit of a heads up so you know what your up against.

What about guilds? We don't have enough people for that though.
So are there still 10,000 players in the game like SAO?

Well, in SAO I doubt they even had guilds as early as the first floor, besides some friends. Once the rp starts, Tyrannt should also be able to advertise, so we will have more players later. Also, I don't think an RP usually even gets more than 10 dedicated members in the RP, so most of the guild will be NPCs most likely.

I am pretty sure it will be more than 10,000, because since SAO was a new product, it's fan base wasn't as large. With pokemon in the human world already being big, maybe 50k plus, at least. Also with Nintendo funding the third party franchise most likely, their server will be big enough(It is a work of fiction, so even if that is unrealistic for all of those people to be on one server, whatever).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
I agree with axel on the player base. I already had thoughts the player base itself will be huge just because of the name Pokemon. Player wise, this should be enough to start, we have like what, 7 characters already which is normal. the rest of the players would be npcs.

although, i wouldn't mind if Tyrannt had a plan to get us all into one guild/one party for the entirety of the rp.

And to add on. You can control more than one character of your design. I'm starting with two but I'm in the works of making a third, possibly a grass type. Also like I have said before we will get some more attention when the RP starts up... Or at least it's a strong possibility. I have also posted an ad in the appropriate section of the forum. I won't be making a banner for a long time.

Also since I am eager to start this up up can expect to see a IC page either today, tomorrow, or the day after. Typing up a good intro for it will take time and a lot of imagination.

I wonder if anyone of our characters should know each other in real life, or know each other but don't know it's them in the game. I remember in SAO the idea of a VR game was really popular too, and I think 10,000 was like a limit or something, and people were lining up and camping out to get it, they mentioned that in the novel I think. Besides if there are only 10,000 players each death is sort of more serious, since the players still need to finish the game.

So is the IC starting with everyone in the real world starting up the game, or already in the game...or already in the game and aware of the whole "we're going to die" thing.

The game starts with us already in game, And we have been inside for three days. So yes we are aware of the danger on start up, but by looking at the ages of our characters I'd say we should only now who we all are in the game, unless we live in the same area where our charters are diving from. Mine are both in Japan. but in the end that's all up to you guys.

Ok, another question. I know this may have already been answered, but I am not sure if TM/HM/tutored moves that could be given to your pokemon can naturally be learned, if they aren't in your types moveset, right? For instance, my Sawk can use the poison jab TM which is a poison type moveset move and the Zen Headbutt move(if tutored) which is a psychic moveset move. Is there a shop for stuff like this, or are they also included in the natural usage system?

You did say that anything in a Pokemon's natural move set goes, so Gastly gets fire, ice and thunder punch by egg moves. If we're going by Pokemon mechanics then though moves aren't really overpowered even in the beginning since Gastly in the main games have bad base attack stat and non of those moves are STAB. Things like base stats and STAB do still exist right?

They do, And remember you can also learn moves that are within your typing as well. TMs and move Tutors do exist but tutors are expensive to hire, and TMs are A very Rare drop and can also be costly in stores. HMs on the other hand I'm making a new rule for. It all depends on your Poke'mon in the end. For example if your Poke'mon had claws then they can use cut, if your Poke'mon has wings it can use fly, and if your Poke'mon is a water type it can learn surf. The weaker HMs will be available to use at the start but the rest won't be available till we reach a higher floor.

I'm going to do a bit of brainstorming for my third char, then I'll make them and post the rest of the rules. After that I'll make the IC thread. So stand by folk, because it won't be too long now.

My second character will have two types. Two type movesets yay!

Do we reference our Pokemon's natural level up move sets too? So what level do we start at, is it 5 like most of the games?
Also (trying to) updating my character design, I'm such a crappy artist lol.
So in SAO when the death thing started every player's avatar was changed back to their real life appearances, so do our characters take on their real life features as Pokemon (for example eye color or and shape, or the style of their fur if they have fur) to a certain extend. In the anime Pokemon could have different physical features, so that might be fun, not too important though. I'm referencing another MMO based anime called Log Horizon, where every player still has features of their avatar, but also their real life appearances too.

Well, I believe most pokemon have different levels in which they learn moves. Since we are allowed to learn everything in the type instead of just that pokemon's moveset, I doubt it is based on levels in the games.

EDIT: Though if you take every move in a type's moveset and give it a universal requirement for all pokemon of that type...

If moves are based on types then types are sort of like classes, but classes doesn't exist in SAO...oh well.

that is what makes this fun. We get to combine the rules of both games together so it isn't exactly like SAO. Something unique for us to delve into.

So in SAO when the death thing started every player's avatar was changed back to their real life appearances, so do our characters take on their real life features as Pokemon (for example eye color or and shape, or the style of their fur if they have fur) to a certain extend. In the anime Pokemon could have different physical features, so that might be fun, not too important though. I'm referencing another MMO based anime called Log Horizon, where every player still has features of their avatar, but also their real life appearances too.
based on my understanding, we are trapped in our pokemon form, which i actually prefer

based on my understanding, we are trapped in our pokemon form, which i actually prefer

Yeah I understand that, The only changed physical feature on my char's Pokemon form is that she has the same eye color as her real life appearance. That's probably not a big deal. Also do competitive items such as choice band, scope lens and life orbs exist, they could be really interesting if they're used in boss fights.

You will be able to learn any moves within your typing AND move pool. This will make combat more interesting, I also plan to do this for all of my other Poke'mon RPs in the future. But for now this will be my only One as I'm already a part of a number of other rps here. Its late where I live so in going to log off and get some rest.

fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/pokeart-online.121410/

pokeartonline.jpg
pokeartonline2.jpg

whipped up two banners here for you! I used mega charizard because the pictures looked badass already plus I thought mega charizard had the same scheme as the first boss shown in SAO. you are free to use whichever one you wish! or I can link set it in rotation up to you

Now THAT a scary ass banner. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ad is made, just needs to be approved.

EDIT 2: Ad is up, now there is nothing to do but let time do its work and start the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.