Poke'Art Online [Sign Ups and Rules]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make an ad. But my computer is slow and crappy, planning on getting a new one during the holidays. Somthe only real advertising I can do is to post the link to the sign up page in my signature. So far I think we have a nice amount of players, not enough to start but good enough to nab attention.

Yea, I got the link in my signature as well. About to be in 3 RPs besides this one, so peeps will be looking at it via my signature hopefully.

This looks really awesome, may I reserve a Gastly?
So...are game mechanics like mystery dungeon, or at least similar? Also I'm assuming that all moves and stuff are six gen mechanic right? Are levels gonna be there, because without them it's hard to get when to evolve and when to learn moves. About evolving...how does Pokemon who use stones/happiness/trade evolve. Is there an items mechanic? Like berries and stuff only like in mystery dungeon or potions too like the main game?

1. Poke'mon have no limit to the number of moves they can learn, so long as it is within their typing and pool. However only the weak moves can be used at the start of the game. You will be able to learn more powerful moves as the game progresses.

2. Levels DO exist, but they don't exactly mean anything special. For example you can SAY your at a high level but some one else could say they they are at a higher level. Just be reasonable with this kind of power

3. There are a few mechanics from MD. Like having a Bank and a few other things. Nothing too overpowered though like wild Poke'mon joining you though. But there are multiple dungeons on most of the floors.

4. Yes you may reserve any Poke'mon in its base form.

Oh thank you for answering, if revives and max revives don't exist, do other items exist, what are some examples of existing items? I think that berries would likely exist but some things like TMs and mega stones seems a bit OP. (At least early on it is)

Oh thank you for answering, if revives and max revives don't exist, do other items exist, what are some examples of existing items? I think that berries would likely exist but some things like TMs and mega stones seems a bit OP. (At least early on it is)

The items that DO exist are things like potions, berries, held items, weapons, and even TMs are all examples. Although potions are more commonly found at shops and berries are found more often in the wilds. But both are possible as monster drops.

Sometimes a monster will drop items as clues as to what the boss room will be like. As bosses each have their own gimmick, making no one battle the same as the last. Some items ARE even called "Clue Items", and have no real porpose out side of that.

But more on this like that when the time comes.

I would make an ad. But my computer is slow and crappy, planning on getting a new one during the holidays. Somthe only real advertising I can do is to post the link to the sign up page in my signature. So far I think we have a nice amount of players, not enough to start but good enough to nab attention.
I do have photo editing software on my laptop so I might try to make something to get players. But don't count on me to get it since I'm occupied with a few irl stuff. It's not banner wise, but have you tried to make a roleplay ad in the advertisement section? the one next to interest check? otherwise requesting for a banner can help. I do recommend the rp advert in that section to help get the word out.

Warning: I did my own character art and it's kind of crappy.

pokemon_oc_by_cyiv-d978h6l.png

Name: Valois Yelvette
User Name: Vino
WoC: A Gastly have no existing hands to hold a weapon so...glasses that raises accuracy in a pinch, and an amulet that raises special attack in a pinch.
Bio: Valois had always been the nerdy type of person, her life mainly consists of studying and video games, which are really the only things that she's actually good at. Valois grew up in a family that has a burning passion for video games and retro things, her father battled Pokemon with her since she was young, and she learned some basics to competitive Pokemon battling. Even in a era filled with holograms and stereo sound she still grew up with the classic 8 bit. Though that's what she grew with, Valois always liked to try what's made in the newer times, she played a few MMOs and grew fond of them. After seeing a VRMMO based off of one of her childhood favorites, Pokemon, the idea of being able to battle in VR appealed to her, and she decided to get the game. Her father was a beta tester, but he was forced to give up the opportunity to play due to work. Valois participated in the beta testing, but never really took it seriously, getting her self killed over and over again in the game. Now that the official release came, she loged in and continue treating the game like a game......until when it's not anymore.

Last edited:
Are we allowed egg moves?

yes, again anything that is with in your Poke'mon's move pool or typing is allowed. This includes egg moves.

Also just a heads up. Now that we have Five players and Seven Characters I'd like to say that I'll be making the IC page soon. Just as soon as we get Two or Three more players. In the mean time I'll see about making an ad in the advertising section. But right now I'm exhausted and need sleep. So be sure to finish up your CS and or do some final touches to them and I'll get to work on the ad page... Thing... After I sleep for a few hours. I anticipate to post the IC page with in the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
So are some of the game mechanics similar to Sword Art Online? Like the buying property system and the marriage system and all the other non-Pokemon things? I did read the light novel series so I do know most of the mechanics in SAO.

I never read the novels either. But yes, there are mechanics from SAO too. Both of which you have mentioned are in the game.

Okay, there are a bunch of mechanics in the novel that was never really explained in the anime (one of the reasons Kirito seemed pretty OP in the anime), but really, some of them ARE pretty OP.

It seems like pretty standard mmo mechanics here just with pokemon stuff mixed in. i mean i've seen other mmos with that whole marriage and estate buying system and sao only took it a step further by making it a virtual reality. Have you listed common drop items or even being able to farm stuff like oran berries? I can also assume our pokemon types would be our class too

I remember in the novels there is this mechanic that's like a sixth sense in virtual reality. Certain players are sensitive enough to feel the amount of data that the serve is processing from their NervGear, and by doing that they could judge how many other players are around them. That's borderline meta gaming in some situations in a RP...but it's cannon.

I remember in the novels there is this mechanic that's like a sixth sense in virtual reality. Certain players are sensitive enough to feel the amount of data that the serve is processing from their NervGear, and by doing that they could judge how many other players are around them. That's borderline meta gaming in some situations in a RP...but it's cannon.

Lol riolu has that ability with the aura so my chara is already meta and this rp hasnt even started. While it would be nice if i can have the aura sense even with limitations I'll have to see what the GM says about this

Last edited:
Well I'm a Gastly and the Pokedex said it can go though walls and other solid objects...so yeah, I can literally ignore all terrine restrictions.

Yes there are many things you cand do with your Poke'mon to take advantage of in the game, some of witch I am implementing from the mystery dungeon saga. Like fire types being able to walk/swim in lava without getting burned. Or that ghost types can phase through solids and getting a huge defense boost at a cost of slowing them down. and the moves Self destruct and Explosion not only reduce The users HP rather than delpeat it biputmcan also be used to reveal hidden or once unreachable paths. In short you just need to use your imagination and there is al lot one can do to take the fight into their advantage. For example, fire and steel types can have a higher black smithing skill on start up as they are both elements needed in real life to make swords and other metal weapons. I'll be explaining things like this better when the game starts and I add the rest of the rules.

Oh, for a second I thought you just forgot to add other mechanics, but it is sweet that we will get most of the SAO experience. Maybe when that happens more SAO fans will jump aboard. Btw I plan to finish both of my characters later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.