5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
I'm realize I'm being kind of silly with the title (thought I'd be a little creative with it), and that that makes me seem less serious, but I do have an actually serious question here. Is there any way to set push notifications on mobile for threads that I am following? Alternatively, I use an app called Tapatalk in order to track push notifications for other forums, so are there any other apps similar to it that Iwaku is compatible with?

The basic forum software does not include push notification compatibility. We would have to research and purchase an add-on that enables push notifications, then set up a compatible app for users to create accounts and subscribe through. From my brief research, there is also a monthly limit to total notifications that can be sent without additional charges, so with our userbase size and activity levels this could get very expensive!

I'm not sure if Tapatalk or any other applications are compatible with Iwaku without enabling push notifications on our end via an add-on, but the forum software we use is XenForo. If an app says it is compatible with any forum using XenForo 1.5 or earlier, and if it doesn't require an add-on on the forum's side of things, it should work with Iwaku.

If you have push notifications for emails enabled on your phone, you can enable email notifications in your account settings. This might be the best workaround. Go to Preferences, then check "and receive email notifications" for any alerts you'd like to get emails for.

Reactions: Kitti
The basic forum software does not include push notification compatibility. We would have to research and purchase an add-on that enables push notifications, then set up a compatible app for users to create accounts and subscribe through. From my brief research, there is also a monthly limit to total notifications that can be sent without additional charges, so with our userbase size and activity levels this could get very expensive!

I'm not sure if Tapatalk or any other applications are compatible with Iwaku without enabling push notifications on our end via an add-on, but the forum software we use is XenForo. If an app says it is compatible with any forum using XenForo 1.5 or earlier, and if it doesn't require an add-on on the forum's side of things, it should work with Iwaku.

If you have push notifications for emails enabled on your phone, you can enable email notifications in your account settings. This might be the best workaround. Go to Preferences, then check "and receive email notifications" for any alerts you'd like to get emails for.
okay, thank you very much! I honestly didn't want to set email notifications on because my inbox is already flooded as it is, so I'll just have to settle with checking in periodically as I've been doing ^^;