2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy,Historical, Romance, Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Libertine, Adventure , Disney and Sci-Fi
So when certain people try to pm me they can't and I don't know why, it's not because of the setting my profile is on that's not the issue, it just won't allow them to, because I can pm some with a private profile where I can't see their profile. That's how I know it's not my privacy settings. I am more then sure, but if you have any suggestions let me know.

You may want to check your settings again o.of Allowing people to message you is a separate thing from you messaging other people. You could have it so only only the people you watch can message you or something.

EDIT: I should say sending someone messages and viewing someone's profile are two separate things; you can still message someone with a private profile if they allow it.

You may want to check your settings again o.of Allowing people to message you is a separate thing from you messaging other people. You could have it so only only the people you watch can message you or something.

EDIT: I should say sending someone messages and viewing someone's profile are two separate things; you can still message someone with a private profile if they allow it.
oh where do I find that setting

found it,but it said People who can message you it said members only

So you're still saying it's not the privacy setting that's the problem?

May sound like a stupid question, but sometimes we overlook silly things.
You're positive these people are members? Not guests.

If I'm not mistaken (I'm adjusting to XenForo again, I've used it for years prior but it's been a bit since I've had to troubleshoot) there are 2 ways, maybe more, to start a conversation. By clicking the specific person's start a conversation, or manually entering their name in the inbox option. You could humor me and have those people attempt the method they didn't use.

As you can see, I was able to start a conversation with you. I'm going to assume it's the other party that has the issue.

May sound like a stupid question, but sometimes we overlook silly things.
You're positive these people are members? Not guests.

If I'm not mistaken (I'm adjusting to XenForo again, I've used it for years prior but it's been a bit since I've had to troubleshoot) there are 2 ways, maybe more, to start a conversation. By clicking the specific person's start a conversation, or manually entering their name in the inbox option. You could humor me and have those people attempt the method they didn't use.

As you can see, I was able to start a conversation with you. I'm going to assume it's the other party that has the issue.
yes they are all members, Trust me I am blonde not that blonde, and I dk but 3 people that are memebers have said they can't message me

Well that's definitely odd.
I'll take some time to dig through options and find possible solutions/explanations, but perhaps someone who is more familiar with XenForo will step in.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Well that's definitely odd.
I'll take some time to dig through options and find possible solutions/explanations, but perhaps someone who is more familiar with XenForo will step in.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
All good at least you tried to help

Reactions: Flannel
This has been bugging me but I honestly can't figure out what the issue is. The only thing I can think of is those three people are trying to access the option to "start a conversation" with you through your profile, but as the profile is hidden they can't access that option. Ask them how they're trying to start a conversation with you. Perhaps is the way their going about it that's the issue.

This has been bugging me but I honestly can't figure out what the issue is. The only thing I can think of is those three people are trying to access the option to "start a conversation" with you through your profile, but as the profile is hidden they can't access that option. Ask them how they're trying to start a conversation with you. Perhaps is the way their going about it that's the issue.
awesome thank you

It's stumping me as well.
I can easily click your profile and start a new conversation, and even send it as you saw.
I've dug through privacy options and some more stuff and just can't seem to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.