Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.
Everyone loves plotting! Crafting a good story hook, carving out a series of events to deal with conflict, and even simply writing out a story snippet to ignite a reader's imagination are all incredible fun and fabulous ways to start writing new stories, breathe new life into old ones, and otherwise just have a really good time.

As has become habit, I'm going to throw three basic inspirations (in various and sometimes random formats) every Friday, and users are welcome to post their takes, their interpretations, and what they'd do with these bases: they can use one, two, or even all three in one! Writers should feel free to diverge from the posted prompts, as well. They are meant only to bring a spark, not to dictate! Anyone may use the inspiration and prompts however they wish.

This exercise is meant to encourage writers and roleplayers to explore new genres, experiment with unfamiliar themes, and practice and stretch their creativity.

Since the bonus rounds seem to be enjoyable for posters, they're here to stay!

Theme: Generation
  1. A cheerleader employs a sadistic football player.
  2. "The princess of light will wed the baron of lies. The dark emissary will be forgotten. The queen of darkness will seduce the count of justice. The snake of the defender will revive the woman of the plain. The dragon of the woman of the empire will revive the empire."
  3. A wise artificial parrot disguises as a supervillain with an army of aliens.

Bonus Rounds:

[BCOLOR=#000000]Here it goes... Cowabunga, baby! Plunging off the bridge with a well-worn bungee cord. What I used (more or less) was:[/BCOLOR]

Theme: Generation
  1. A cheerleader employs a sadistic football player.
  2. "The princess of light will wed the baron of lies. The dark emissary will be forgotten. The queen of darkness will seduce the count of justice. The snake of the defender will revive the woman of the plain. The dragon of the woman of the empire will revive the empire."
  3. A wise artificial parrot disguises as a supervillain with an army of aliens.
Bonus Rounds:

Use this generator to add more elements to the plot.
Result: (1) This story involves a spooky shapeshifter, a short-tempered baroness, a forest, a coffee mug, and a huge mistake.
Use this generator to determine how characters meet/have met.
Results: (1) They met at a gaming convention.
Name two characters with this generator.
Results: (1) Jeffrey Frost (2) Ashton Mack

STORY SNIPPET / PLOT / PERFUME AD / TRUE CONFESSIONS:

Deep in the Great Forest of Miggilit, shielded from public scrutiny, the semi-finals were about to begin for the annual Piegorath tournament. Out of the 500 that had entered the lists, the remaining contestants were now narrowed down to just these few:

1) Jeffrey Frost, a tall, handsome, blonde, sadistic football player in his final year of high school; human male. Poor as dirt.

2) Ashton Mack, a perky, hazel-eyed, brunette human female. College student. Daughter of wealth. Her aspiration: professional cheerleader.

3) Viveca Dawnswatter, 28-year-old attorney. Mixed ancestry. Female. Silver hair, black skin, red eyes, pointed teeth. Independent, curt, and not afraid to swim with sharks.

4) "The Dasher" – A professional cat burglar, masked and unable to divulge personal details. Granted immunity by the province for the contest (but forbidden access to cats). Appears to be a lithe young man of average height with luminous blue skin. Affable, but secretive with a strange accent.

5) Thomas Muttermeet, a grey-haired, 40-year-old pinball arcade owner. Half-human and half-gnome. Odd, but not unsociable. Current reigning champion.

6) Lady Throat-throttle, (age: declines to state), baroness of Western Miggilit and ornament to society. Appearance subject to change without notice. Currently, short and red-haired with what appears to be green contact lenses. A Very Superior Personage with a bad temper.

7) Vincent Rosewater, age 209, demon spawn, poet, and collector of swizzle sticks. (Although Vincent is a shapeshifter, for the duration of this contest he has settled on the distracting form of a Gervinese Deathwailer.)

Ashton Mack practically salivated as the can of diet soda dropped from the vending machine with a clank. Her throat was parched after her afternoon cheerleading practice in the vacant gaming auditorium. And this might serve as dinner too, since she'd gone on a bit of a binge last night. As she reached for the can, a large muscular hand grabbed it away from her.

Jeffrey Frost! That sadistic bully! Ashton regarded him with hidden fury, while schooling her face to retain its normal vapid expression. Oooh, how she wanted to get him back for stealing her little brother's milk money eight years ago.

The handsome blonde football player grinned evilly at her as he popped off the tab and licked his lips. "Not exactly my beverage of choice, but it will do!" he snickered, "Thanks, Ashton!" He showed off by drinking the whole can in one go, and then wiped off his mouth with the back of his hand, dropping the empty can on the floor with the careless negligence of a man that owned the world and didn't give a damn.

The little brunette continued to stare at him with that dumb cow expression. Jeffrey itched to disturb her placid expression. "But if you want to make me REALLY happy, here's what you can do for me," and he whispered a filthy suggestion into her ear.

Rather than stab him with her lethally-pointy hair clip, Ashton blinked her eyes as if woken from a deep sleep and widened them earnestly. "I need you, Jeffrey," she whispered back. "How much will it cost?" Perhaps she could eliminate two birds with one coffee mug, here. The gnome was her chief competitor and Jeffrey Frost was about as stealthy as a nelliphant.

Jeffrey Frost froze. This was … unexpected. His mind went blank.

Ashton named a sum that was more than his family earned in an entire year. What this would mean to Pops! He wouldn't have to sell that kidney, to start with. And sex with Ashton shouldn't be all that painful. Jeffrey supposed it wouldn't kill him to mack on the Mack. Though he drew the line at … you know, icky stuff.

"Here's what I want you to do," Ashton instructed. And she whispered her request to Jeffrey.

His face darkened. Ashton didn't want him at all. She wanted him to slip something nasty into Thomas Muttermeet's coffee mug tonight. Not that the little gnome would know the difference, he bet. Gnomes were hardy mofos! That stupid Ashton. He'd take her money, though, and she could cry about her mistake later.

At sunset the seven contestants gathered once again – poised to enter the living gaming board (the face of which changed each time they assembled). Adrenaline spiked, currents of magical power flickered, and small animals wet themselves in excitement.

The contestants rolled for who was to go first. The agile aging Baroness, once again, inexplicably beat the others with her version of the Rudi-Conti-Marysue somersault. There were disgruntled but hushed mutters of magic. Lady Throat-throttle smirked victoriously.

Gaudily attired in a diamond-flecked evening gown, she posed for photographers before making her first move. With her eyes glued to the gameboard, she reached out a bejeweled hand and took one last gulp from her coffee cup before giving it back to her maid. The moment she stepped on board, the currents would cease and the playing field would lock.

(Her maid stared at the coffee mug and waited for the baroness to complain. This was NOT the baroness's silver-plated mug, but the worn and chipped knock-off version that Thomas Muttermeet was using. However, Lady Throat-throttle was gripped in obsession and paid no attention to her error. Thomas smiled gently at the maid, as if to say it didn't matter. The maid scurried away before this happy set of circumstances could go awry.)

Like a cat at a mousehole, the baroness waited --ferociously intent-- and then stepped into the game, timing it perfectly so she was standing at the altar, garbed in white. The other players then began to be swept onto the board and placed according to the order they had rolled.

"The princess of light will wed the baron of lies," intoned the game's booming unearthly voice.

Poof!! Thomas Muttermeet stood before her as her bridegroom, the baron of lies, and the baroness began to swear angrily. Anyone but the gnome! Ugh! This took the fun out of it. But she'd make short work out of him and become a widow in no time.

"The dark emissary will be forgotten."

Vincent Rosewater appeared over the gameboard as a huge smoky-dark figure and wailed as he was sucked into a sky-void. Unlucky roll for Vincent! "Forgotten but not gooonne!" they heard him scream as he disappeared.

"The queen of darkness will seduce the count of justice."

Ashton poofed in and found herself attending the wedding, her long dark hair bound by a golden circlet, clad in red silk, and fluttering her eyelashes at The Dasher, who smiled sweetly at her.

"The snake of the defender will revive the woman of the plain," announced the game loudly, and

Viveca Dawnswatter appeared, garbed as an assassin, bending over the prone Jeffrey Frost. The football player was dressed as a barbarian woman of the plains, his huge hairy thighs scarcely complementing the outfit, and was lying on the floor of the chapel by the doorway, as Viveca prepared to revive him.

"No wait!" yelled Jeffrey, royally pissed off, "I should be the snake of the defender and YOU should be the barbarian woman. Trust me, this is a HUGE mistake!" Viveca flashed her pointed teeth at him in an evil grin. There would be about ten seconds until the clock started ticking and if Jeffrey spoke out of character after then, he would be eliminated. Viveca was betting there was no way this humie jackass could keep it buttoned.

With flashing red and yellow lights streaming across the board, the previously unknown goal for tonight was now announced.

"The dragon of the woman of the empire will revive the empire!"

The contestants heard a roar and saw their enemy in the distance, fast approaching the chapel.

Tonight it looked like it was an enormous evil parrot at the head of an army of aliens. As one, the players, gripped their various weapons. Well, at least the Baroness tried to, but she felt quite numb from head to toe. Even her mouth.

"Wha wa fauk?" she inquired, enraged, even as she began to slide to the floor.

"GO!" screamed the gameboard. And the earth shook.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: The Mood is Write