5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.

How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?

Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

k8OoEr4.jpg

Kaya held the board steady in her hand as she placed the glowing stones exactly as the book said. She was trembling from a mixture of excitement and terror at what she was attempting but it didn't stop her from continuing. Biting down gently on her lower lip as the last stone was placed on the board, she kept her head down but her eyes darted about the room as far as she could see without moving her head. A bright light from the window had her squinting and then sprinting toward it. Throwing open the shutters and then lifting up the sash she gasped audibly, "It worked!! I can't believe it!! It worked!!"

The apparition looked at the tiny girl and waited. It did not speak or move, just waited.

Kaya's jaw was drooped as she observed the manifestation of her summons. The book was real, and the spells within were powerful and she could not have been more excited. Suddenly she straightened a bit and blinked, "Oh forgive me, I am Kaya. I know I am supposed to have a reason for bringing you here, but I didn't even know if I could do this for sure or not so i don't really have a good reason..or even a task ..." She blushed a bit and peeked up at the glowing head. "Um...can I ahve a minute to think of something?"

The large floating head watched silently and then when Kaya spoke and told the truth the features changed and a loud echoed laughter filled the trees and rustled the leaves. "By all means..."

Kaya ran back inside and returned with the book. "Ok...I'll just ask a question. Will this book help me become a powerful Sorceress??"

The face that was moments ago been humored and pleasant turned dark and foreboding. "That book creates monsters of anyone who dares to dabble there. Forsake that and use this..." Another book appeared on the window sill. It was thick and had a white leather binding. "You will find the spells take time to master and dedication to perfect, but the magic is pure and beneficial."

Kaya looked at both books and then at the apparition. "But this book promises power and respect..."

"You will have it either way you choose, that book," She said nodding toward the book that had been used to summon her, "Will bring respect and power through fear and forced deference. The other will bring you respect and power through generosity and love. You choose. I will not heed another summons from the book of shadows." And the apparition faded away leaving Kara in semi-darkness.

Kaya took both books back inside and set them on the work table. What if one were to use BOTH books? she wondered within herself. her finger touched the black book of shadows and little tendrils of smoke swirled up her arm as a voice spoke, "Do not heed the vision, Kaya...she is a defeated goddess with no remaining strength. She would deny you the truth. This is the only true power. Embrace it and I will give you everything you desire..."

Kaya watched in fascination. The book was speaking to her. It had never done that before, so why now? "Why would she say you will make me a monster?"

"She was defeated by a lesser godling because she was not willing to fight. She looks at anyone who can fight as though they are evil. "Nothing wrong with defending youself...right?"

"Not at all," Kaya agreed being more and more swayed by the influence of the shadows. "What if I used both?" She asked what she'd been thinking.

"Light and dark cannot co-exist. One destroys the other. One must choose."

Kaya frowned. that wasn't what she wanted to hear. "What it you learned all of it and only used them one at a time. Then it would work right?"

The shadow crawled further up her arm and onto her shoulder and brushed against her neck, "It might, but the white magic has no power. It heals and nothing more. You cannot defeat an enemy with it. You cannot overcome the harshness of life with it. You cannot avenge yourself against Jomyn for what he has done to you..." The shadow filled her mind and then rushed through her body like lightning.

The book of white magic was pushed off the desk and into the rubbish bin as the blackness of the book of shadows filled her until even the whites of her eyes were black. She wasn't even aware of the change, or that she was no longer in control.

It had begun.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Things like this happened to her all the time. A giant blue lady walking through the worst rainfall in history and stopping outside of her window to chat for a moment wasn't shocking. Awing, definitely. Welcoming even. Sometimes even a little terrifying. Magsie liked talking with the Gods, even if they weren't her own. Though, now that she'd thought about it, she hadn't seen her God in quite some time. She wondered where this Goddess hailed from. Thankfully, she was able to ask. As long as she was respectful about it.

"Mother?"

Large green eyes stared through her window. Eyes that reminded the girl of spring, eyes unlike hers. Kind and gentle and full of warmth.

The hair of the woman flowed like the rain, dripping down her face and past her chin. She had small lips and a large nose, just like her grandmother had always told her. Just like her. However, her eyes were large and green and her skin was pale, like a ghost, unlike her.

"Is that you, mother?" she tried again, crawling up as she scrambled over to the window. Towards the kind green eyes, towards the warm smile.

When she opened the window the cold wind brushed past her, bringing in some of the rain. None of it bothered her, though she could swear she could hear her name being called, softly.

Reaching her hand out the girl pried open her eyes, feeling the pitterpattering of the rain on her hand, her ears sharp for the sound of her mother.

When she looked there was just the birch tree, tall and proud, but bald except for two leaves. The birch tree with that unusual large bulge and slash that she had mistaken for the nose and mouth. More drops fell, this time warm.

"Myr," her grandmother walked into the room, worry clear on her face as she found her granddaughter. A look at the window explained everything she needed to know.

"Sweet pitiful child," she murmured into Myr's hair, cradling the child in her arms.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Noctis the Devious