5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.

How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?

Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

1a982fa395d73dd0cb969d27ac43210d.jpg

To me it looks like the adorabubble fluffy bard has lost its muse in battle. His muse was probably a strong warrior, one of the finest. He stands unscathed among the discarded suit of armor. Perhaps he arrived too late? Or like the inspiration they brought him, they disappeared without a trace into thin air, never to be seen again.

Or maybe he's a hero who failed to protect one thing he held dear. He could be leaving the past and his title behind somewhere. Grieving over the loss of his purpose and possibly his loved ones as well one last time before he sets off into the unknown.

Either way he deserves a fish for comfort because I trashed the poem I was working on for him. o .o'

• Love
Reactions: Cactus and Greenie
...Eren - what happened?

The otter stood aghast, staring down at the scattered armor. It was a mess, but at least there wasn't a body to be found dead. Maybe there had been at one point - but not now.

However, the otter knew this set of clothing all too well. The dent in the helmet was a dead giveaway that it all belonged to his childhood and long time friend, Eren. Eren had told him at one point about a trade that was going on outside of the city; a trade that would provide him with new weaponry to brandish, swinging the best swords to date above his head during battle and adventures. The otter had a bad feeling about him leaving, especially taking the back ways so their guard friends wouldn't question him. Eren was greedy, he couldn't tell the others, he wanted that temporary fame for having better weapons.

The otter knelt down and identified a broken necklace that Eren always wore; adorned with foreign jewels and pendants to signify his personality, crafted by his grandmother before she passed. Eren always had it as a good luck charm. The otter picked the jeweled string up, furrowing his brows as the jewels started to slide off of the broken cord and onto the muddy dirt road. Even if Eren had decided to strip butt naked to run away in attempt to get the weaponry, he would never take off that necklace. He hadn't, for the past fourteen years.

Looking down, the only thing he didn't recognize among Eren's items was the letter, crisp and folded, and ink was starting to smear from the morning rain falling onto the paper. The otter clutched onto the necklace and slung the flute over his shoulder, using his now open hand to reach forward to grab the letter.

Dear Eren, it started.

Perhaps you've come to realize by this point, we can't be. The two cities are at awful ends with each other, constantly fighting. It seems as if this war will never end. I need you to listen to me, and heed this. This will be the last letter I send, and do not send one back. If you do, I will not respond, I can't. Do not come for me, Eren. Stay within your city, it's not safe out here. Maybe when the war is all—

The ink smudged too far to be able to read further, aside from the final line where the signature was. Though, the ink was murky and hard to make out.

Sincerely,
Penelope

The otter's heart sank to the bottom of his stomach—he instantly felt sick. Did this Penelope person set him up to get ambushed? Did Eren leave in an attempt to be with this person? What was their purpose together? Why had he never been told about this Penelope person?

The otter looked up down the trail, seeing the morning sun glow and bounce off of the leaves and trees. I will come for you, he thought to himself, the paper shaking in his hand from the tight grip.

Sorrel Looked at the bauble and frowned worriedly, "She would never have willingly removed this..." he fretted. The Princess was here, and not long ago it seemed from the slight warmth that the doused embers of the fire were emitting. He lifted the flute to his lips and played a short spritely tune. Several animals gathered at the call, "Did anyone see where they took her?" he asked.

A squirrel lept forward, "Toward the river...." she pointed, "Hurry though...they spoke of a sacrifice..."

Sorrel gasped and raced down the path hoping he was not too late. He could see them in the clearing ahead as the sun created a bright beam to flash off the blade of the dagger that was held in the hand of the crazed priest. The flute lifted to his lips once more as he ran and a different song danced on the wind. The tree branched curled down from their heights to encase the priest in their grasp as he screamed in fury. "You do not know what you are doing! She must die...we must purge the land of every Caster..."

Sorrel shook his head, "Then I too must be purged?" he asked, "Not today..." he cut the princess free of her bounds and helped her to sit up. "Are you well Highness?"

"I am now, Sorrel."

"What would you have me to do with him?"

"Leave him. The land will claim him or not. It will not be my doing either way." She said as she looked at him and then moved past him. "Let us return...I am sure there is much to explain. I should have been honest."

Sorrel sighed, "Very well. I will leave him as he is. If the trees release him, so be it." he didn't sound too happy about it though. "Perhaps so...I will stand with you and protect you in case they are unwilling to accept the truth."

"Thank you Sorrel. Thank you."