5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
A picture is worth a thousand words, as is often quoted.
How does the picture below speak to you? Perhaps as a poem? Perhaps a roleplay idea? Maybe a story?
Whatever comes to your mind, write those words down! All is well and welcome, whether a couple of sentences or more!

a_dream_i_had_by_draggincat-d8q2a7f.png

"Do you think there's anyone else out there?" She glanced over to her wolf companion, speaking around the stick she clamped in her jaws. "Do you think they miss them?"

"I think it's unhealthy to dwell on such things." Kei's voice was calm as ever, but it held a bitterness to it that the dog had never heard before. He glanced out over the ocean briefly before looking back to the towering trees behind them. "We should get back to the pack."

"I..." With a huff, she dropped the stick and settled back on her haunches. "Do you think they knew this would happen?"

The wolf frowned in confusion for a moment before he remembered. She'd been a domestic...he would never understand her attachment to the humans that held her captive, but their deaths had upset her and she wasn't getting over it still. Finally, he spoke his mind. It would do no good to sugarcoat it. "Shipwrecks are rarely foreseen. I doubt they did." He padded over to her and nudged her gently. "I'm sure they would be happy to know you're in good paws."

Silence settled over them for a moment before she stood again. "I guess you're right." With a sigh, she nudged the stick closer to the lapping waves and watched as it was swept away. A few more minutes passed quietly until she turned to him with a shaky wag of her tail. "Let's go back."

Kei dipped his head in response and guided the pup away from the beach again, walking slowly so she could keep up with his long strides. He knew it would be a while before she would accept it...but maybe she would eventually become family.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Ginger held the stick in her mouth, "So...we just wait and then stab the fish when it swims by..."

Stark watched her with a mixture of amusement and disbelief. "Right...you can't even get the other end of it off the ground. How are you going to stab something with it?"

"I can too.." She huffed and grunted until it was off the ground, but barely. "I saw Honey do it. How hard can it be?"

"Honey? Ginger...Honey is a HUMAN...opposed thumbs and tall...remember how tall Honey was?"

"Yeah...I do..." The stick fell into the water and Ginger padded away with her head hanging low.

Stark ran after her, "hey..sorry...I didn't mean to..."

"It's ok." Ginger sniffed but managed not to cry this time.

"Look...let's go back. I'm a little bigger, maybe I can do it."

"It was a stupid idea. We can find something else to eat." It had been a few days since they had woken up out here in the middle of nowhere alone. She was sure Honey and Dear were lost, and she had been trying to find them. But she couldn't smell them anymore, and she was starting to think maybe Stark was right and they had been abandoned...left for dead.

Stark was feeling like a heel. Yeah, sure he's said they were left for dead because he thought they were, but he hadn't realized what that would do to Ginger. She was his only friend out here, and he didn't like seeing her do down. But he knew, they were pampered pooches, not used to having to forage for their own food, or having to defend themselves. He wasn't sure how long they would last, but however long it was, he wanted her to be happy.

He saw a rabbit and took off after it, not entirely sure how to catch it, or even what to do with it once he did, but it was food. He actually caught it and trotted back to Ginger triumphantly. The problem was, it was still alive in his mouth and he wasn't sure what to do now.

Ginger looked at the rabbit and then at Stark. "You have to kill it before we can eat it I think...but it's so cute...look at it's little nose and fluffiness."

Stark put his paw on it to hold it down and released it from his mouth, "Are we going to eat it? Or take a picture of it for a scrap book?"

"I suppose we should eat it." She said as she sat down and then laid down and covered her eyes with her paws, "Ok...go ahead. I'm ready."

"What are you doing?"

"I can't watch."

"But you were going to stab a fish with a stick?"

"Fish aren't fluffy and cute."

Stark sighed and let the rabbit go, "Ok..let's go back and stab a fish...."

"...You're not too bright a wolf, are you?"

"Hff?"

The small Golden Retriever, Andy, looked over with the giant log in his mouth at the wolf that was staring at him with a seemingly disappointed expression. It was difficult to read his traveling companion's mood. He had heard from other dogs most of his life that these 'wood dogs' didn't really... act like dogs. And they weren't wrong. While there were a few things about them that made sense - they wagged tails when they were excited, eye-contact was a no-no - many other things were just confusing or indecipherable. This was one such time as the wolf, which had a name he didn't really understand, snorted.

The dog dropped the log and said, "It could come in handy! It's icy out there."

"....Handy...?" the wolf asked, lowering its head.

"Yeah. You... use it for something," Andy said brightly, perking up. "I don't know what for. But later."

"Sure," the wolf said in a tone that didn't quite match. "Look - you want to get to the Small Mountains with Lights Inside, you can't lug trees with you. We still have to cross that."

The wolf cocked a head towards the icy bay that stretched for what seemed like miles. The Retriever's ears fell back, picking up the log with trepidation as he attempted to understand the distance. His optimism began to falter.

"I' h'ure I ca' do i'," Andy assured the wolf. " 'y hoo'an does stuff like 'is all dah ti'e."

With that, the dog headed out with a peppy step, and the wolf stared after him, before shaking her head in bewilderment. This was why she didn't associate with Two-Leg pets.