Plot Idea, Need Partners

F

figgyfan

Original poster
I came up with this in a Create a Character Challenge and kinda really wanna rollplay it XD
It is common knowledge that the younger a person is when they first perform magic, the stronger a mage they would become. So when a peasant family's newborn turned her crib and blankets back into a living tree and fluffy wool over night everyone assumed that she would be the most powerful mage in the world. She was immediately taken to the Mage's island so that she would not accidentally hurt someone before she could be trained while her parents were set up in the nicest part of the Kings City. But that first outburst was the only magic Alexandria ever performed. The mages tutored her just like any other, but no matter how hard she tried or how closely they watched she never managed to perform any kind of magic. In time she had faded into legend as a myth and those who knew her saw her only as a failure to be pitied or scorned.

(The people can be changed.) She has only one mage friend, Diana, who is one of the weakest mages on the island. Her and Alex met when they were both ten years old. Alex is well known by the servants and respected by them. The mage in training, Alexander, hates her because of how she was fawned over when she first arrived. He was three at the time and is one of the strongest mages in training.

Most important part
Alex, Diana and Alexander have just come back from a one month task and found the entire island deserted. After some frantic searching they discover two male servants- one of Alex's friends and his little brother- who arrived a day before the trio and could not find get back to the mainland. When the five of them attempt to leave the island they discover that not only are there no boats at the docks or in the surrounding waters, but the ocean surrounding the island is completely still. The only waves to be seen are on the other side of the gate, far off in the distance. (this next bit can also be changed, depending on the way the rp goes) Deciding that the island was attacked by another counties mage guild they begin to search for a solution to a problem that is beginning to seem a whole lot more complicated than they'd first thought and are running out of time to find a solution.

So, what do you think?

Sounds interesting! I really want to know why the ocean is calm :0
But having two characters named Alex might be a bit confusing... And why are they running out of time?

I'm down for a magic based RP for sure! Will we be able to implement our own characters as well?

Koene: I'm sure we will find all that out if we can come along for the ride. :)

I'm down for a magic based RP for sure! Will we be able to implement our own characters as well?

Koene: I'm sure we will find all that out if we can come along for the ride. :)

Yay, people! XD

Yes the characters can be changed and the reason they are running out of time is the same reason that the ocean is calm XD Do you want to know now or would you rather wait it out? XD

Haha I'm guessing you didn't think you'd have people interested?

Personally I'd rather wait, it makes it more exciting!

Oh how many people were you wanting for it? I assumed it would only be three people from what you gave but the more the merrier most people say haha xD

I was originally planning three people total but it's not set in stone XD Though it wouldn't be to many more than the three of us. And no, I really wasn't XD

Ok sounds good. Keep me updated if you make a thread for this. :)