5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Okay, let's talk about. We've all been invested in something and then BAM! all of sudden there's a plot hole, something that makes no sense and you can't focus on your enjoyment of the piece of media because there's this glaring thing that makes no sense.

I'm going to start with my example. It's from The Nightmare Before Christmas, specifically the song What's This? In the very beginning of the song, he sings What's this, there's white things in the air. Which to me pretty clearly indicates Jack has no clue what the white stuff in the air is,

But then not even seventeen seconds later, we get the line. There's children throwing snowballs instead of throwing heads.

So you're telling me that Jack Skellington knows what snowballs are, but not what snow is called. Yeah, I can't look past that because it MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

So, what are some plot holes that just take you out of it?

Holy shit I didn't realize that about the 'What's This?' lyrics. Mind = blown, and I will not be hearing the song the same way ever again.

Something that comes to my mind is from the show We Bare Bears. The Panda bear in that show very frequently reminds others he's a vegetarian. But then I see him eating a pizza with meat toppings on it during one episode. >.>

Also, I will always wonder if Imhotep from The Mummy (1999) should have been having vision problems once he was all in one piece... Because he stole eyeballs from a person who wore glasses. xD You mean to tell me those eyeballs suddenly have 20/20 vision!?

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56
Aaaah, there's probably some out there that I can't remember anymore, but one that was recent that really lowered the show's quality for me is in the show "Flower of Evil". It's a K-drama series.

The first half was amazing. Had me on the edge of my seat. Had me trying to guess who's the killer, what's going on, what's happening and all of the character motivations and actions all make sense. It was *muwah* peak storytelling for me.

Then the second half came, and I just kept wondering "why is this happening? why are they reacting like this? whyyyy?" to the point that my family was just telling me to enjoy the show and laughing at my misery (not in a cruel way, mind you)

The one in particular that really had me almost tearing my hair out was when someone was trying to kill a woman - who was the wife of the main guy. The girl is in fact the main guy's sister - who happens to be holding the wife's ID lace. So the murderer mistakenly assumed that she's the wife and stabs her. Makes sense so far.

THEN. THEN. HE STABS HER. HE SEES HER LYING THERE IN HER OWN POOL OF BLOOD. SHE'S STILL BREATHING AT THIS POINT AND HE JUST WALKS AWAY. HE WALKS AWAY!!! You're telling me that this idiot. This idiot taught by a serial killer. Who's already killed someone else in a previous episode. Who was shown to be very conniving and makes good enough schemes to even outsmart the protag. Who really intended to kill this woman - this defenseless, untrained, terrified woman who didn't even fight back. He stabbed her in a non-vital spot and just assumed she was going to die a slow, painful death from blood loss and left?????

So. Because of that, another good guy in the story just so happens to arrive in the nick of time to save the woman. Whoopdeedoo!

I am all for good endings but come on, surely they could've thought of a better way to go about all that without dumbing down the murderer. Not after showing him to be so smart in previous scenes.

-breathes heavily- end of rant.

I'm fucking insufferable to watch movies with because I pick at holes in movies all the time. Had an ex take me to a movie by a director she really liked, I think it was the invisible man, where the dude has the invisible suit or whatever, and the heroine stabs him with a pen and his suit begins glitching and shit. I can't remember how it got to this point but basically:

They are in an asylum/prison, and she's running from him in this hall. The guards are alerted and have weapons, and this man is manhandling these guards barehanded, while they stand there with their dicks in their hands. Sure, he's like mostly invisible or whatever but his suit is very obviously glitching, or even when it isn't you can probably guess where he is while he's throat punching and choke slamming these dudes. I think there's this one point where there's one guard left and they can like, literally see the suit or whatever and he's just standing there letting the guy walk up to him and take him out. I was like, livid at how badly it was done.

You're telling me none of these trained guards considered for even a second just... unloading on him? It's a narrow hallway, even if you miss some shots, he's not spiderman, if you hit him, that's that. But no, they just gotta stand around like fucking jobbers to make this guy seem more scary. It's not like they didn't know he was there, dude was like toying with these guards breaking their necks and doing martial arts and shit.

And another thing. He's the invisible man. Why does he have fucking gorrila strength? Like, sure underneath the suit he's fit or whatever, but he's just a dude. That scene was like the turning point in that movie for me where I was like, done with it.

Sorta the same with the most recent predator movie. Spoilers ahead:

The Predator just fucking FORGETS how his tools work and gets absolutely destroyed by one single girl, when he's turning groups of native americans and trappers and bears and stuff into mincemeat. This otherworldly, unstoppable hunting machine lets himself be lured into a tar pit and stands there and lets his own homing bolt thing circle slowly around him and headshot him. This dense motherfucker also CUTS OFF HIS OWN ARM WITH HIS OWN SHIELD.

Blah.

Not really spoilers for Resident Evil 8, but don't read if you don't want to... when Chris attacks Ethan's house at the start of the game, instead of explaining himself after seemingly capping Ethan's wife, he decides to say nothing, knock him out, and send him in a different van from the one he's in, and when he appears later also explains nothing and acts super aggro. REALLY made me dislike the writers for doing that, just for trailer bait to make Chris look like a bad guy. Absolutely hate plots and twists that revolve around somebody literally just not sharing important information with somebody for no discernable reason, resulting in a bunch of unnecessary stuff happening. Like sure if it's the bad guy not sharing info, THAT is understandable, but a main character not telling another main character stuff that would be completely safe and make things easier for everybody to tell him, for literally no reason, really gets my goat.