Plot Discussion (Chapter 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tem's on her way down. If the rest of you feel like jumping into a diving suit, no one is going to stop you.

Here's how you can help me, and help yourself too:

- Descending into the dark is claustrophobic, because of the lack of light and the confines from the suit
- The suit will be creaking and bending from the pressure
- You can talk to the surface through an enchanted horn
- The bottom of the ocean is, as I have described, mostly covered with big, dead bodies. How is your character reacting to that?
- Deep ocean life?
- Strange things leftover from the Cataclysm?
- etc ...

Let's work together and make this great!

(@Snowday @Lithël Aelfwine @Avabel Brioche @Falcon)

Reactions: Aois
I think hope would be frantic to get the weapons for her pople, so i don't think she'll mind any of this.
Maybe the life underwater will tell her something, and she'd try to negotiate with them.

Has the roleplay progressed since my post?

Go check it out!

My humblest apologies. Iwaku has decided to not alert me of all these replies. It does trouble me so...

I'll get working on a post now.~

• Thank You
Reactions: unanun
I usually just check the Universe forum for highlights.

... how many players have I lost because they didn't get notifications?

Is Bones' character supposed to be the guy pushing a... staff against someone's throat and asking what "clad" he is sponsored by? What is a clad?

Good. I'm looking back in the "Story So Far" for when the Aux-eaters come up so I can get a point to read from.

Let me know if any more questions arise. I do believe aux-eaters first came into existence in Pegulis, Chapter 5 ending. The summary of that chapter was that Suvius, a mage driven mad by things from the Northern Sea (beyond Tavark), came back and started putting ghostly octopus suckers on all the children.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Avabel Brioche and @Lithël Aelfwine, Ilium encourages you to hijack and help with the scene. There's no need to always wait for my approval or response. Think of scenes and what you want to accomplish.

Pre-dive scene
- People decide to go or not, then jump into a suit or not. Hijack other characters for dialogue if necessary. Your reactions to the suits? Reaction to water? Etc.

Dive-scene
- See pointers given above

Seabed scene
- See above

If one of you writes one of the scenes in a nice way, it saves the rest of us from having to spend time recapping and waiting for permission.

Makes sense. I usually take a stance against controlling the characters of others, but if necessary, I'll do so.~

o, i don't ike how that goes... i don't feel comfortable with that but... ok, i'll try

Short formula for hijacking.
  • Read the Owner's previous posts to get an idea of temperament and speech patterns belonging to that character.
  • Write what you feel is needed
  • Read their post then your own to see if there're any obvious problems/contradictions in manner.
When in doubt you can always PM that person for help, or work out a collab post together instead.

Also, for future reference, Shekar can be abrasive and manipulating.
Think of her as a female, Draken, version of Rumpelstiltskin (ABCs Once upon a Time)

Reactions: unanun
... Bones will probably never hijack another character. Bones does not have that level of story skill.

I'll hammer it into you, even if we have to play adlibs over skype.

Reactions: lynzy
Hijacking comes because you have a clear idea for a scene. In most RPs, a scene is composed of many posts. But in ilium, we tend to make one post a scene.

You = everyone who is uncomfortable with it >:)

Ah. Bones will need to be introduced to the art of collaborating then. He never did work well with others.

A character is a character and here we learn how to use them as such. When you join it kind of comes with the territory that others might write for a character a little bit.

Reactions: lynzy
Status
Not open for further replies.