Plot Discussion (Chapter 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, yeah. Lots of death and injury is to be expected. Let's keep the damage to the tree itself minimal, since we still need it for the rest of Book I. >_>

Reactions: Lovelessesbutterfly
Easy on the spam, people. [/earlychapterdeterminationthatwilleventuallyfadeasbefore]

Right, for people in Tavark, the city is being taken, slowly and quietly. The invaders have the advantage of surprise and familiarity. Most defenders will simply lower their weapons and welcome their old friends back. Most civilians are still asleep. The officers of the watch are being killed, and the normal guards are either surrendering or standing aside. Eimund is a charismatic former defender of the city, and he was well liked in his time. They also want the city intact, so destruction is being kept to a minimum. The main Tavark army is outside the walls helping with storm salvage, so will be unaware of the takeover. This chapter is designed to be an occupation story, with most factions not wanting the city to be torn apart by fighting. Complicity is rampant.

@unanun

Is Arktus still with Ethelwen, or would they have separated while he drafted the bulletin?

Either is fine, I wanted to use him to develop your character. If you think you can get more out of have him tag along.

Yes, I just didn't tag you because you said you wouldn't be around.

We're planning on leaving Monday morning and arriving there sometime the next day and then being there for about a week and then the trip back so right now is a lot of planning and hurry-up-and-wait stuff at the moment, so I will be around off and on until we leave and then it's a hail Mary on wyfi and cable till we get back.

So putting Darin outside the city, or well hidden within, would be my options this early. Si? Most of the people on his list of names are inside, so if he starts outside, he will need help getting in. If he is inside, he will need help finding everyone without be caught. This should be fun.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Depends what you'd prefer. If you stay outside, you'd be interacting with the main army, who are unable to re-take the city without risking mass burning and collateral damage. You'd probably get roped into a sneak inside and kill the leaders plot in that case.

Or you can be inside when the shit goes down, and be part of La Resistance. 3 days have passed, so both options are viable.

So just to clarify, did the take over of Tavark happen at the beginning of the three days or throughout it?

3 days have passed between chapters. The takeover is happening now. This morning.

Okay good, I don't have to do any re-writing then.

Currently in Hosia? Lost track of a family member? They might just be camped outside Shekar's shop!
Conveniently located for all your "Hide from the falling debris" needs, she had everything you're looking for.
for a price . . .

I'm going to get him inside before the shit seals up. My next post will have him enter the city and find out what the hell is going on.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Remember it's the crack of dawn. :]

So! I am starting my character on a quest and wouldn't mind a second opinion. In short, she is going from Zirako all the way to Avarath in order to get her hands on information for her father that Could save the Czars Life. I was thinking that the information could be something along the lines of some of the top captains in the Czars army have come to Rebel sympathizer's and plan on helping them kill the Czar by using there positions to get close to him.

Reactions: Torsty and Asmodeus
Good thinking. This could be linked to either the Draken rebellion or the Insect Cult. Maybe you and the group led by @Zen could eventually collide and realize that the rebels have a more insidious plan. Or you could encounter the Avarath mayor, played by @Torsty .... but I'm not sure who's side he would be on. o_o

Yessss, come to me.

And with that post I bring the Draken rebellion and the insect cultists to Zirako. Woooooooooooooooo

I'm not into picking sides, I'm here to be a peacekeeper!...

I'm open to play a role in your plot @FurerDante . I'd be happy to discuss it further through PMs with you and Zen.

Yo @Tegan tell me about these Kindly folk. Are they well known? Would Ash be aware of their existence? OR secret society of awesome, kick ass, mask wearing, porcelain skin chicks?

They're pretty widely known, as they actively protect the people of Edelon and are often seen guarding the Jade Prophet and members of the Cinnabar Clad when they're out and about. Think of them as Swiss guards. So I imagine Ash would be aware of that much.

I'll give you more to work with in my next post, like, you know, the nocturne's NAME. XD

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.