Plot Discussion (Chapter 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*returns from business trip*

@lynzy - it's the part that says Chersonese on it.

Ok since no one wants to explain things to me I guess I'll just simply do stuff and fix it with trial and error. By the looks of it the plot for Kaustir is as long as a person gets to Dorgrad?
I'm sorry. We've reached our spoon-feeding quota. I have answered you and Diana has answered you. Now Zen has also answered you. In future, if you want us to address you by name and look you in the eye while squeezing your hand and pressing on your foot, then PM us.

Seriously everyone, this is a COLLABORATIVE story. Collaboration does not mean asking "WHAT DO I DO?" or "HOW DO I NOT PISS YOU OFF?" before every post. If you are that type of person, then this is going to be a very LONG roleplay.

Give me ideas. Not obstacles. Me and Tegan are both busy adults with grown-up lives. We cannot indulge creative defeatism every time we log in.

These plot discussions are full of good players repeatedly offering to include people. Use them.

*finds some bread for the shit sandwich*

Right, I'm gonna do some reading and see if any of the scenes are unclear. Thanks to you all for rolling with the chapter in my absence.

@Requiem - Yeah, I can't think of anything else that could be done without being too obvious, unless there's some way to lock key sailors in their cabins right before the chaos starts.
*Takes a ton of string and ties all the doorknobs together*

@lynzy it's in black text. I didn't notice it at first myself to be honest.
Just below lake kaikas.

VIRIDOS CHAPTER 2

KOZOUL IS GONNA DO A THING

A MAGIC THING

AND PROBABLY HURL OVER THE SIDE OF THE SHIP

PROBABLY BOTH

AT THE SAME TIME

She's gonna feel a little funny about this sea dragon thing but she's not going to actually be able to discern it's actually an illusion-- she's gullible as shit and she heard tales of sea monsters since she was little.

So, y'know, heads up.

@Omnitricks
Trial and error? I'd try a buttload of reading and planning ;)
I'll set you off in the right direction, but you've got to put the legwork in yourself, k?

Check out the "synopsis" and the "Kaustir chapter one" thread in the Story so far section, before rolling over to Our buddy fatalrendezvous' super cool reading guide.
Work out the characters and players you think might be cool to roll with (I went for Fatal, Reaper and Unanun to start with, 'cause they've got what I think the kids these days call "Mad skills, yo.") and private message them asking if they feel like getting their RP on with you.(note: be sure to focus on the Kaustir side of things, since good ol' Novis stern is from there!)

This takes work though, pal. So if you don't think you can handle it there's no honor lost in taking things slow in a different, less huge-and-intimidating roleplay.

There are people here on Iwaku willing to handhold, what I think Asmo was trying to say was Illium's kind of a big ship to sail and it's hard to navigate the choppy seas of game mastering when there are people asking which end of the oar goes in the water. ;)
Just take it slow, man, there's no rush.

...I mean, she's going to do a magic thing... in the next post. Because, whathefuck: a sea monster.

Quiet, Ceru how y'all feel about collaboratin' on this part? The first idea I had is that Kozoul hands one of them a magic ball of napalmolotov cocktail to throw at the monster

EDIT: Pop Culture Reference Post

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
So what's the cool secret awaiting the Aldus survivors in the alcoves?

I was thinking another tablet similar to the one in the Kaustir plot, or some other piece of information which could somehow lead to the divine weapons. Such a discovery might stir unrest in the Aldus expedition and create a moral divide.

Thoughts?

I like it. Have it be granite or something though, instead of sandstone. :)

I like the ice idea.
Perhaps it could have anti-magic properties, much like Proditius.

So yeah, my turn XD

If anyone can help me to come up with a solid way to get involved I would be thankful. Forewarning most days I work 4pm-12Midnight CTZ Murrica. My character is a mercenary having just lost his master/Lord. he needs work, and is damn handy in combat, as well as negotiations. If anyone wants to help include me or meet with my character within story then hit me up on a pm. I was planning to literally just start him off in an inn drinking it up and being the nordic like man that he is XD

Info Might be needed to know~

Name is Wolfsin Silvermoon
Im Human
From Pegulis
Wield a Greatsword
Need work.

(Mainly not wanting to brush on anyone's mojo since im just entering. if no one answers this Ill just pick one of our designated deer in the headlights options XD)

Sitting in an airport awaiting transfer from one city to the next. Flight just got delayed. Thinkin' about Ilium. A lot.

I can't help but feel like finding another tablet is too closely following the mold created by our Kaustirian brothers and sisters. Even if it's made of a different material. It also seems too easy, like we're being spoon-fed the location of the divine weapons.

For a group to just kind of chance upon a find like that seems TOO easy. They should earn it, or the find in the alcoves should set off a journey that culminates in discovering the location of the divine weapons.

Just throwing ideas out there. If anyone else has a suggestion, please chime in! I'm not horribly opposed to the info being on a tablet (though if so I think it should be in some arcane language that people can sense is important but not understand).

@Wolfsin Hey there! O_O Send me a PM with a little more history about your character and I will cook something up for you! I need more pies to stick my fingers in to.

Reactions: 2 people
@Kooriryu: could've gone my whole life without seeing that clip. Sure, if you arm Gomyar than he'll help. His actual powers are pretty much useless in this crisis.

I can't help but feel like finding another tablet is too closely following the mold created by our Kaustirian brothers and sisters. Even if it's made of a different material. It also seems too easy, like we're being spoon-fed the location of the divine weapons.

For a group to just kind of chance upon a find like that seems TOO easy. They should earn it, or the find in the alcoves should set off a journey that culminates in discovering the location of the divine weapons.

Just throwing ideas out there. If anyone else has a suggestion, please chime in! I'm not horribly opposed to the info being on a tablet (though if so I think it should be in some arcane language that people can sense is important but not understand).

I completely agree.

Also, the first tablet WAS in some arcane, very hard to decipher language, but K'larr has some pretty amazing connections around Avarath, and was subsequently able to do it within a night.

I think it's also safe to assume that those people who did the deciphering are probably dead. >_>

• Love
Reactions: Jade
So, I'm having people come to me left and right wanting to get in on the tablet action, so I've had to think of a way to believably recruit you all into the coalition.

I'm thinking that I'll have Bracht the thief (Grumpy) be the "recruiter", with everyone either coming to him because they have been sent in that direction by someone in the know (as is the case with lillith), or Bracht seeking them out because K'larr sees potential in them (as in the case of Draegal).

Anyone else who wants to be involved please let me know :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.