Plot Discussion (Chapter 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
|8 You're expecting Kozoul to witch it up or no... ?

EDIT: *whispers* 'cuz her magic isn't that instantaneous type, it's that "stare intently until sweat or blood drips down my nose and something happens when I remember to flick my wrist" and "this powder with this other powder poured on this mixture while chanting this particularly phrase punctuated by a flippy floppy hand gesture and BOOM!" type of magic

Like this slow-actin' Tinactin shit

It's almost like we've given you some kind of... challenge... to roleplay about....

Basically, don't solve it all at once. But at the same time, don't be fucking useless.

You are all parts of a beautiful jigsaw puzzle, and between you all you can solve this problem. Look to your skills. Look to your heart. Open the gates and let it show.

*starts singing in his ice palace*

... *chucks various magic systems by equally various RP companies at Assmo's head*

EDIT:

I linked to that Arwen river magic for a reason, namely 'cuz I thought that type of magic would be the most suitable for Illium, (the fact Kozoul's half elf was an unplanned coincidence) after the cataclysm I dunno how much "magic is left in the world" or what level anyone's magic is capable of... so I was planning on Kozoul's witchery to compromise mainly of apothecary-style herbology shit, mixed in with some light elemental manipulations-- basic witch stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
@fatalrendezvous Hi, sorry for not replying sooner.
initially there were going to be 3 possible routes.
1, through the Fissura pass (couple of hours)
2, around the mountain range (three-ish weeks)
3, A goat-herders/shepherd's path that travels high along the sheer cliff face above the Fissura pass.

I was going to have Proditius block the Fissura pass and force our heroes to take the dangerous path along the sheer cliff face, being bombarded by ice and rocks as they go by Proditius.

But

Thinking about it, having just a straight up ambush in the Fissura pass would make a lot more sense and be a lot less fiddly to write.
I'll edit it so that the cliff-side path no longer exists, And it's simply:
1, through the Fissura pass (couple of hours)
or
2, around the mountain range (three-ish weeks)

HE KILLED THE HORSIES! o_o
Fear his anti-equine wrath!
But in all seriousness I was under the impression that if you wanted to kill the fastest horses in the city, killing the ones used by the messengers would be a good start.

And now for Proditius' second post! Now with 100% less animal cruelty!

oh wow i didn't expect my post to be that long. DAMN YOU, FINGERS! >:C

Anywho, quick question. Can people still join the games? because I was asked to participate and it just made me curious if that was even allowed since they already started. And what exactly do the games entail besides killing stuff? Like… are there rounds?

Yes, everyone should get in there and start fighting.

Especially you, @RIO >:[ I want K'Jol to be pummeling you in his next post.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

I feel ya, Koori. Ironblood's not overly saturated in instanta-magics either. The best she can do is fling some extracts around to neutralize the spores in the immediate area of someone essential.

...Like the helmsman, who is probably going to have a hard time seeing.

But as Asmo said, everyone here has something in their character that can be of use to this situation. Don't worry about 'defeating' a force of nature. None of us can really do that. That's what makes the Viridosi fucking spiritual badasses: a character from Kaustir would try to burn the spores and set the ship on fire or simply try to fight through the effects of its poison, a Pegulian would spend lots of time and money to design a ship that would keep the spores out. But in the Green Realm, they understand that nature gives and takes, that everything in this delicate cycle is connected to a larger purpose. The spores picked up by the coastal winds will be filtered and dispersed over the ocean, thus aiding the forest in purifying itself.
The immortal Forest Kin are hyper aware of just how fleeting it all is. They can use their abilities to outlast the problem. Because even though this spore cloud is a threat, it will not last long.

Now here's a question. With Valyrin's one Advent, Gust of Wind, could it perhaps aid in dispersing whatever Ironblood and Kozoul might be able to do. In an effort to disperse the spore cloud a bit? Then, if he has time left, direct those winds into the Sea Wraiths sails in an effort to try and get out of the cloud quicker?

Wait, what?! There's a tournament going on right now? Where do I enter? What's going on? I don't know what to post! *Freaks out*

Also, isn't K'Jol a lizardman dude?

Fix your eyes on the top left word of the page and proceed in a left-to-right motion.

Oh man, this is going to suck. First few posts and my characters is killed, unless K'Jol isn't a lizard, then maybe it's a bit fairer.. alright, whose fighting who right now and how should I begin? With my character readying himself in the chambers?

Once you reach the end of the first line, reset eyes to first word of ensuing line and proceed in a left-to-right motion.

I don't know.. I'm lacking the inspiration right now. That's why I haven't been posting, it's because I simply don't know what to post and I don't think my character leaves much open for development besides dying in the arena and having his remains eaten by a bloody lizard.

It is common courtesy in RPs to not kill characters without a writer's permission.

Also, defeat does not always equal death. Most of us learn, IRL or IC, through failure.

Additionally, you're not writing the story alone. Even if you don't know what to do, through interaction with other characters you will eventually establish identity, motive, and relationships with others. RPs are collaborative!

I don't know.. I like my character, but he doesn't feel right, something's just missing and I guess it really bothers me. Heh..

I think I'm choking out, like in baseball, I can't do it. I'm nervous.

I echo what unanun has said. The best way to figure something out is just to post. At the very least, others will incorporate you into their stories and give you inspiration from there.

*reads all the planning and hints at secret planning*

Well now this took off amazingly! Now... how on earth do I get one of
those nifty allegiance badges. :3

And as for anyone not knowing what to do... and you are on the Sea Wraith I am
open for any idea! ^.^b

Y'know.. after a while, I began to think of a different character to use. It would be a whole different character and nation, I just.. don't find my character interesting for myself.

>.>
<.<

Don't judge me..

Status
Not open for further replies.