Plot Discussion (Chapter 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that a lot of Viridosian's have not appeared in the thread yet only about 7 or 8 or all like 15 have shown up. Starting to wonder if that's a good or a bad thing.

@Fury of the Tempest

Arcantos is in the Pegulis thread. Medwick sent him with a message from the Black City to the City of Aldus, to warn them about the White Wizard.

You can see him here, here and here.

Now he's on his way to the capital with FatalRendezvous' character.

Good to see he's been busy... I'll have to remake the character application for him won't I?

I've noticed that a lot of Viridosian's have not appeared in the thread yet only about 7 or 8 or all like 15 have shown up. Starting to wonder if that's a good or a bad thing.

It's a bad thing. But as soon as everyone stops doing solo actions and begins interacting with everyone else, it'll be a lot better!

Good to see he's been busy... I'll have to remake the character application for him won't I?
Y...yes... o_o

If you step back and look at the three ICs, you'll see we've got a mix of scale.

Pegulis is very much focussed on the ENTIRETY of the land, which an unknown threat in every city and border. It is a 'zoomed-out' first chapter in that regard.

Viridos is the opposite - a very narrow opening story that focuses on just one boat and a handful of adventurers.

Kaustir is in the middle, with a city-scale narrative.

Imagine a movie camera with 3 types of zoom. That's what we went for.

When this first 2 week cycle is up, we'll probably switch that around. Kaustir will have a nation-wide event, Pegulis will be narrow focus, maybe on just one group investigating the ghoul sage, and Viridos will have a city-scale happening around the Monolith. We figure this will give people a nice mix of epicness vs intimacy.

What I think has happened is that the narrow Viridosi story has made players a little uncertain about where to enter.

But the next plot event might well be the catalyst they need.

Last edited:
I am OK with the solo actioning if someone has an idea that they want to write. It'll just be a small group at the start. Which is cool, we can get a lot of good character interaction in.
I think this small expedition is a nice contrast to the sweeping sandbox style plotting going on in the other nations.

When/if the others decide they want to join in some capacity, we'll make it work.

Reactions: - Falcon -
Yes you have to remake your character sheet to fit to the standards/rules of Ilium, since the rules have changed from Quill's roleplay. Read the Introduction and Code of Conduct carefully, it will explain everything.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
I'm not sure I understand PigIron's most recent Pegulis post regarding what path specifically is being watched by the Ice Golem, and which is longer/shorter.

Thanks for getting people involved. And yes, we'll say there is a mountain pass that is the obvious route for you to take. PigIron's golem is going to stage an ambush... I think... so it will be a cool scene.

Also.... HE KILLED THE HORSIES! o_o

HE KILLED THE HORSIES?!?!???!!!

:punch: It's killing time!

And on a different note are we going to let things progress a bit more before we hear from Glyph? Either I will be posting in a while.

Everyone in kaustir is engaged in a scene, this is good! Lut just finished his, so let me know if he can enable some plot progression with your character.

Reactions: Jade
Everyone remember which city is which please. You can't go up from Dorgrad and suddenly be walking the streets of Avarath and then refer to it as the capital city. That's three mistakes in one right there.

*waves the map at everyone*

Reactions: Dunruffle
Definitions of Nautical Terms There it is!

@Asmodeus I am guessing the Sprig post is a nudge to get the ship moving? If so I will try to get a post up today. I was stuck at the ER most of the afternoon yesterday and just not up to snuff when I got back home finally to even think about posting anything.

Reactions: Jade
No worries. We got your message and Tegan is typing up a mod post now.

Her face is launching this ship.

• Thank You
Reactions: Seth Bloodmoon
Asmodeus has there been a time skip at all or did the games just start right now?

Launching this ship straight into a cloud of poisonous spores! :D

OK, kiddies, it's go time-- HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO LIIIIVE?!

Nope, no timeskip. The games had already begun, as previously described, and Lukesh has just joined the audience after his morning run.

The line about K'Jol and the entertainment truly beginning was meant to imply that. The games are only now starting to get interesting.

Also, sorry Zen. Lukesh doesn't stand for that shit. You get your first Refusal moment. ^_^_/ o_o

Anyone wanting to know about Coliseum seating, I used this as reference.

Mwahahaha. Yes drown Amalia in insecurities and fury.

I suppose I'm gonna find out where she ends up right?

Meh, you just got dragged out. Maybe a soldier copped a feel then tossed you into the street. Or you were just punted into the corridor. Whatever you prefer.

Oh wonderful. XD

Ayanne's not speaking any particular language that I know of.
Just insert whichever swear word you feel fits best and you'll get the general idea :)

I also wanted to ask what sort of death the spores cause and if it would be possible for Ayanne to do something if she got to the victim in time?

Status
Not open for further replies.