Plot Challenge: You couldn't just wait, could you.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
PLOT CHALLENGE

Plot challenges are designed to help you think quick and be inspired. We often play this game in the cbox, shouting out random words or phrases and see what ideas first pop in to people's heads.

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit.

Challenge Phrase
You couldn't just wait, could you.

Ehehe, I'm sorry, I just... When I saw that box, hidden in a swathe of your clothes- I knew what it was... I'm sorry, I just... I thought it was a ring, you know? I mean, it's odd, you're the girl and I'm the guy, but you were going to propose to me?

I couldn't wait to open it, and...

Well, I didn't expect my ring to be a severed finger...

If I promise I never saw it, will you let me live?

"You couldn't just wait, could you?" *stab* "No, you had to go. Had to get into the car and drive down the mountain." *slice* "Never mind the fact that there's a blizzard outside and you couldn't see your hand in front of your face walking down the stairs." *stab* "One more day!" *gouge* "One more mother effing day, you moron!" *cough, stab, stab, flick* "I'm going to die. I can't believe I'm going to die. Like this. *laugh, cough, stab, stab, stab!, stab!* "I really am going to die." *sigh, cough, cough* "God help me..."

*crunch* *crunch* *grind, grind* *crunch, crunch, crunch* *poke, poke, thump, thump* "Hello? Is there somebody down there?"

*flick* *pound* "Hey!" *pound* "Hey!" *pound* "I'm in here!! Help! Please help me!!! I'm trapped in my car under the snow!! PLEEAAASSEE HEEELLPPPP MEEEE!!!!!!!"

*poke, poke, poke* "Stay calm. We're digging you out now!"

"Oh my God. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Here! I'm in here!!!!" You couldn't just wait, could you?! "Oh thank Jesus! In here!" *cough, laugh, cry, cough, laugh*

*poke, dig, dig, dig...*

"You couldn't just wait, could you? *gag* "No, you had to brush your teeth right that minute. You couldn't wait until...I don't know 9 o'clock like a normal adult?" *gag* And why did you have to pack a full tube of toothpaste?! I hate TSA and I hate the Taliban for making them take my toothpaste!" *shudder* "Christmas is ruined. The terrorists ruined Christmas." *gag* "Why can't I be five again when I could be told, and mostly believe, that Dad 'was just helping Mom stretch' and 'it just works better when they don't have any clothes on...' Why?! Oh, dear Lord, whhhhhyyyyyyy!?!?!?!!? I will never be able to un-see what I just saw. Never." *wretch* "You couldn't just wait, could you? I want to go home. And I'm never brushing my teeth again. It's too risky. It's just too risky. Ugh...I feel..." *vomit*

The Hole. That was the worst hell on earth. It was in the desert and it was hot and escape was meaningless. You would escape only to be trapped in the desert and lost. Ingram had been put there, but for all the wrong reasons and it was in fact not his fault. He blames himself for his position however.

"What's someone like you doing in The Hole?" the old man asked, "Tell an old man your story."

"There are some things that are better left unsaid and undiscovered." Ingram started, "I remember back when my hands had become dirty and unclean. I lost everything. I was so quick to make money that everything else around me didn't seem to matter. I wanted to buy my mom this beautiful diamond necklace that she had been staring at ever since dad left. It was the same one he had given to her when they first met. It was stolen way back when we moved."

"And then?" The old man mused.

"I found the man who stole it and beat him senseless. I was so angry and when I found out that he sold it, I nearly beat him to death. My father had found me. He stopped me before I could seriously kill the man. The day after that, I never saw my dad again. My mom and I lost our main source of income and struggled to even survive. A man found me and offered me a job. I was seventeen at the time. I was willing to do anything to make that quick buck. When I found out that what I was doing was wrong and I discovered the true plans behind my job, I was arrested suddenly by the police and sent here. All because I was trying to make money so I could get my mom that necklace."

"You just couldn't wait could you?" The old man asked as he chuckled.

"I just wanted her to be happy..." Ingram responded.

"Now what will you do?"

"Escape." Ingram answered, "And tell my mom, I'm sorry."

"You couldn't just wait, could you." His words were more of a statement, rather than a question for we both knew I could not wait.

How could I?

I had the attention span of a dog--heh, funny since I was well...a werewolf.

Two kids, one with black hair and one with white, ran into the room. A man stood before them and the one with white hair said, "Go," lightly touching the black haired kids shoulder with a finger tip. He shook his head, but then the man attacked. The white haired kid jumped into the blow, getting knocked to the floor painfully. He winced, but kicked the man's feet and attempted to keep his attention off the black haired kid. "Go!" he shouted this time, getting up and tackling the man, who quickly threw him off and into a wall. The white haired kids eyes dialated and he was out cold, the black haired boy turned and ran out of the room, through a hallway, and into a kitchen. He went to the counter and grabbed a knife, spinning just in time to see the man enter the room. The black haired boy shook his head, "Leave us alone!" he pleaded, tears swallowing up his red eyes. The man laughed, shaking his head and attacking. Then something snapped in the black haired boys heart, the thought of his brother dead killed him, so he attacked too, shoving the knife into the mans chest and twisting it around, backing away before he could grab him. "I'll get you boy," the man winced, but he didn't get up again, he just lied there... The black haired boy went to his brothers side, but then he saw why he was knocked out, his neck was snapped by the force of the throw. "You couldn't just wait, could you?" he cried, kneeling over his brothers dead body and crying...

Basically orphans being chased by a mad man, they were twins. Yeah.

scene: dark rainy evening in a nondescript city; two masked individuals stand within a room that appears as if a cyclone had hit. One of the two is badly injured and obviously a partaker in the mayhem surrounding the two. Sprawled upon the floor and soaking in a pool of their own blood is a deceased victim. The two are arguing about one thing or another. They've been at it for a while now and here is the ending result...

person 1: "How the HELL do you do shit like this? I told you. We had a plan"

person 2: "I couldn't help it honestly" they stand without remorse but a slight twitch is noted at the corner of their eye, "You...just wouldn't understand."

person 1: "I don't understand? That's the understatement of the year! It was supposed to be something we do together! This was our consecrating moment, and you...you just ruined it!"

person 2: a slight frown begins to form as they realize the err of their decision. "I--I told you I couldn't help it. They told me to. They drove me to it. I'm weak and always have been. That's why I had you...have you. Come on we can still do this and finish, it's not the end of the world. We can still trust one another!" they reach blood stained hands to person 1, the blood smearing on the side of person 1's face.

person 1: heaves a heavy sigh and gently takes hold of person 2's hands lowering them from their face. "I'm sorry, but you know the rules. We had a contract. Laid out in clarity and we signed our souls away. This was supposed to be our thing, our grand ascension! But it seems the end result was that you were just too greedy. I thought you might be the one, I really did--"

person 2: begins to cower, fear creeping into their eyes. They slowly back away shaking their head, "No. Don't say that. No it was an accident! A slip! It wont happen again, please! Please for the love of god! I'm sorry!"

person 1: "Sorry isn't going to cut it. I really thought you would be the one, but I can't have someone I cannot trust. You just couldn't wait, could you?"

A gun is raised at the other in the darkness as a final whimpering plea escapes the others lips. A loud bang fills the air followed by the heavy thud of a body hitting the floor. The scene ends--

"You really had to see what would happen if you started a nerf war in Wal-mart didnt you?" John C. Riley was a 15 year old boy hanging out with his 21 year old brother Jeff.
"Well you know how it is? Fun is fun."
"Yeah. And done is done. Mom's going to be so mad!"
"Yeah well just let me talk to officer Clifton. Ill take the blame."

You couldn't just wait, could you.

I feel like writing this in the form of song lyrics.
So:

We were standing there,
Against the gale,
Blood flowing at our feet,
Falling as hail,
We tried to stand tall,
Against what's wrong,
But you rushed us through,
So know you're gone,

You just couldn't wait,
Never have, never will,
You just couldn't wait,