Plot Challenge: Sins of the Father

K

Kitti

Original poster
pason.jpg

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!
NOTE: You can reply to this post with your own challenge additions at any time! If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit. Learn more about the Roleplay Challenges HERE.

Challenge Phrase: Sins of the Father

Why did he do that? Why did he had to kill his whole family? No one knows but him. The true reason behind this murder was simple yet complicated. If he didn't kill his family then the world would no longer be what it was, a living sphere. The sin of that father of three kids never left his mine. Only one person knows about this, the one who sent him to do the wicked deed. Oh, but he is not done yet. The twisted mastermind will blackmail this poor man until he reach insanity. Will this man let his living nightmare do what it wants with him or will he fight back?

I can't do it. I never could. I Am simply not the man my father was. He forged this nation, from a tiny city to a massive empire. His armies marched across the continent with no mercy. He forged the largest and strongest empire in a mere forty years, and I am about to ruin it all in only three. It was my 'birthright' my 'duty' to my people and father, but I failed them all. My father cast a shadow that was simply too long for me to escape and find the light. I'm sorry, dad, but the kingdom you worked so hard to build for me needs better...I can't do it. I never could.

It begun as an ordinary day, in the ordinary life of an ordinary family. There were three people at the table, the father reading the newspaper, with the young twin girls waiting impatiently for breakfast that was prepared in the kitchen by their mother. The hands of the large, ancient clock on the wall advanced slowly, shoving the passage of time to the girls, who had just learned how to read the analog clocks, and were delighted to share their knowledge with their father.

"Daddy, it is ten to eight!" exclaimed one of the girls.

"No, it is ten to seven," said the other one, correcting her. The father looked up at the device, and sighed.

"No, girls, it is ten past seven," said the man, then turned back to his newspaper, but slammed it down immediately. The girls looked back up at him with a mixture of surprise and fear, not knowing what made their beloved father so angry. But rather than seeing anger on his face, they saw that he, too, was gripped by horror, the look on his face telling them that there was clearly something wrong.

"Oh no... It can not be the time, yet," muttered the man, then felt darkness enveloping him as his now lifeless body fell back into the chair. The young girls screamed in horror as their father's mouth started foaming, their mother immediately leaving everything behind, and shielding the twins' eyes as their father disappeared in a cloud of ash. Hurriedly, she sent the young girls back to their rooms, turning them away from the kitchen, and closing the door behind them, then she picked up the phone to dial 9/11.

"Good morning, madam," said a deep, chilling voice on the other end of the line. The mother froze, as she had not even entered a single number into the phone.

"Who are you?" asked the mother, her voice trembling with fear.

"Madam, if you will look at the display of your phone, you will know whom you are talking to," said the voice. The mother obediently turned her eyes towards the display, and almost screamed when she saw that it was filled with the number six.

"Madam, I regret to inform you, but your husband has failed to fulfill the requirements of the contract, and thus, I had to eliminate him, which puts me into a very, very uncomfortable situation. You see, madam, I have a very delicate question to ask you: You or one of your daughters?"

And that was when the mother collapsed, her mind refusing to accept the truth.

Sins of the father, Sins of the son. The rule we live by, the stricture that holds us forever bound in the single purpose of our family, the sins of our ancestors. I follow the path of the killer, the silent stalker, the lonely heart. It is the way of our world that we live our ancestors lives, thrown into the revels of their darkest demons to be dragged down by the very same fate that they themselves wrought. Not only upon themselves but their children, and their children, and so on through the ages. I must kill for my father killed and his father and his before him.

The sins of the father.... Why must I be bound to repeat them?

(anyone actually wants to try this im game XD I like this idea)