10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
PLOT CHALLENGE

Plot challenges are designed to help you think quick and be inspired. We often play this game in the cbox, shouting out random words or phrases and see what ideas first pop in to people's heads.

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit.

Challenge Phrase:
Plaid Coat

A plaid coat. Seriously? What on earth had possessed him to buy a plaid coat even if it was six dollars at the thrift shop. Seriously. He sighed and pulled it on, desperately racking his brains as he did so for any way to salvage his dignity. He couldn't find one off the top of his head, but he wasn't giving up. He was still drawing a blank, in fact, as he left his meager apartment and shoved his hands in the pockets to keep warm. A cool metal object met his touch and jarred him from his thoughts - he hadn't put anything in his pocket, had he? Frowning, he pulled out the old antique pocket watch, and, staring at it for a moment in confusion, pressed the stud to pop open the cover. As the filigreed hatch swung open, he felt a twisting sensation and the world flashed white....

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
The streets were dark, the only light that was giving was the street lights upon the sidewalks. Interruptions from bats, as they flew in the lights, casting shadows on the houses near. Upon one house, a man stands wearing a Plaid Coat. The man contains a beard, long white hair going over his shoulders, he carries a bottle of vodka in one hand, and in the other is a toolbox. The man walks down his driveway to his car, he opens the trunk, throwing the toolbox in, and then goes to crank the car. He takes off his Plaid Coat for a moment, he looks at it, before putting it back on. His "plaid coat", from which he didn't know yet, was is mightiest weapon of all. The man gets in the car, and begins going down the road.

• Thank You
There is a curse n this town, and it ass started when the strange fellow walked out of the ocean in that low was and that awefull plaid coat that seemed to glow in the sunlight before is faded without a cloud in the sky. I saw him with my own two eyes and I swear to you he had no face. He walked right up main street and didn't stop not ever when the train came and disappeared right as it hit him. Nothing could be found though, only his coat and the thing is no trains been down that line in over 50 years.

Reactions: Buttercorn
A plaid coat. That's what she got for her birthday. Not a car, or a dog, or something normal teenagers would want- not something she'd want, either. But from her weird grandma came a weird phrase- that it would protect her in the nights coming.

Who knew a fire would burn down the house in the next few days while she slept, with that coat hanging on her bed?

Who knew that coat would protect her?

How did grandma know? Where is her family? None of their bodies were found in the rubble of the house- so now she has to search for them, with that damned coat- maybe it has the answers...

• Thank You
He was walking down down, when a women in a plaid coat approached him. She tried to hand him what looked like a business card.
"I don't have time for this."
He walked away, if he was late to work again he'd be fired.
He tried to walk away but felt as if he was being magnetically pulled back to the strange women. She handed him an unfolded note as he turned to her.
I read:
"It's time."
"What?"
She suddenly looked up at him with glowing red eyes. She looked into his eyes as if she were looking through them like glass. He started feeling an unbearable pain. Suddenly the entire world was spinning around him, he collapsed, his eyes still open. People started rushing towards him, one claiming to be a doctor. None of them noticed her. He pointed at her and said,
"Wo-woman."
He was having trouble breathing, she wasn't breaking eye contact, and he, somehow couldn't. It was that magnetic pull feeling again. Sound of other people were being drowned out by a sharp ringing in his ears. He closed his eyes and heard the voice of the strange woman say,
"Help me, or you'll be sent to hell to deal with my master."
Before being entirely consumed by darkness.

• Thank You