EXERCISE Plot Challenge: "Never meant to do you wrong."

Discussion in 'REFINING WRITING' started by Diana, Jun 16, 2010.

Plot challenges are designed to help you think quick and be inspired. We often play this game in the cbox, shouting out random words or phrases and see what ideas first pop in to people's heads.

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit.

Challenge Phrase
    "Never meant to do you wrong."
  2. How the hell did this all go so wrong? One minute you're the toast of the Confederation. A hero. And then my happy ass goes and says the wrong thing. One tiny comment that the wrong person overheard. Next thing I know you're on some twisted reality show, literally fighting for your life. I gotta make this right. To do that, I need to be on Death Row. Well, shit. I never did like that useless fuck in the Mayor's office.
  3. It was Christmas Eve. Carla was getting ready to go to a party with a few of her friends. She takes a hot bath, then gets ready into her Christmas costume. She grabs her purse and keys from the table and heads out the door to her car. Just then her fiance drives up. He gets out his truck, stomps over to her, grabs her by the wrist and drags her back inside saying, "You aren't going anywhere tonight." Scared to death, Carla tries to yell for help, but as expected, her fiance shuts her mouth with his bare hand. He leads her to her room and throws her on the floor. He then begins to violently kick her in the sides, and then begins jumping up and down on her legs, breaking them. He leaves out the door for a bit. Carla begins to try and crawl out of there. But, he comes back too soon; in his hand is a wine bottle. He sits on her back and quickly hits her in the head with it, as she quickly goes unconscious. The following day, Carla wakes up in a hospital bed, her legs are broken and her ribs ache horribly, and she has a terrible migraine. She goes back to sleep. Late she is waken by a hand. She looks up to see her fiance, as he says, "Please, Carla, I never meant to do anything wrong to you, I was drunk."
  4. Bumbling amateur Super Hero can't do anything right and usually ends up helping the criminals get away. He seems harmless but after a giant blunder, the young super is now considered a villain. Now the only fan of the super must try to clear his name...But he will learn that maybe his beloved super hero isn't quite so bumbling after all...
  5. He looked at his hand in horror. Stained red they showed him his guilt as clearly as the body in front of him. "No please I never meant for this to happen." he half sobbed at her placid features.

She rose before him empty eye sockets staring at him. "You let it happen Jerald, you killed me. Its all your fault."

He staggered back from the apparition whipering "It was just one mistake please."

His screams echoed down the corridors of the asylum as one doctor remarked to the other hos the bank manager had blamed himself for the accident that had killed his wife.
  6. She was leaving. Her boyfriend had tried to tell her he never meant to- it just happened. Sure, the stripper just ACCIDENTALLY fell on his lap a few times- sure.

That's when she found it wasn't just her... he had been cheating... a lot... and that's when she found a clue as to why her normally sweet boyfriend was suddenly acting like an asshole- it came from a letter, from some mysterious person who called themselves "Hunter". Her boyfriend was an incubus... So do you trust the crazy note and check the box where it says that you want the problem to be eliminated, or do you confront the boyfriend?