Plot Challenge: Haunting Melody

K

Kitti

Original poster
Violinist_by_nighttimebird.jpg

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!
NOTE: You can reply to this post with your own challenge additions at any time! If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit. Learn more about the Roleplay Challenges HERE.

Challenge Phrase: Haunting Melody

Before you stands the most beautiful thing you have ever seen. She plays the violin so sweetly and gracefully. You are captured by the music. It causes your eyes to droop. Your head to spin. Your stomach to flitter and float. You drink in the sheen of her red hair. You fail to notice the pale hue of her skin or the lightning blue of her eyes as she turns to look at you. That's when you see the teeth pointed and white. You are overcome with fear but yet for some reason unable to move. The black widows musical web has caught you fast.

Sighing in her chair slouched gently, her eyes weary with tears. Her lips cracked, her make-up flaking, mascara running. That time i her life had come, the moment every child fears and reads the arrival of, her parents had passed, died in a car crash, the only thing that remained dear to her, the family piano. The empty echoing halls, the willowy hollow spaces, both in the house and her heart. The funeral had passed and now she sat weeping, her mind playing over old happy memories making the rainfall erupt from her eyes again, thos beautiful brown eyes, one so full of joy now pleading with reality to give her her family back. Still she knew it was not possible. She rose from the chair, sadness her only company, absence the only thing villing the void. running her fingers over the black vanished wood of the piano. The sleek silky smooth top, shines to a pirror finish, dragging her fingers across it, the polish smudged leaving defined trails of her dainty fingers.

Sitting solemnly at the piano, she lifted the lid to reveal the ivory keys, carved and defined, the mahogany brown blacks, dark and glorious. Her hands trailing over the keys, she played the music in her head. The slow trailing music, the lingering tones of low and the fleeting chimes of high. The slow harmonious notes of deftly played music resonating with her own sorrow. Bounceing off of and emanating thoguth the empty spaces boith of the house and her heart. The melody was both lautiful and haunting, sad and beautiful.

This was one hundred years ago. The ghost of this young girl is still seen haunting the manse, to which her name resides. The haunting melody drawing in people, anyone who hears it is drawn to the manse. Within the manse the trapped souls of the tormented spirits sharing her pain, her sorrow They dwell within, taking more people with them into the darkness of abandonment and lonliness. This is where you find your self trapped, within this daunting nightmare, this never-ending horror. Every soul they take feeds her sorrow as eachone torments her mind. Her spirit never finding peace, find out what ails her, and discover the truth behind her parent's deaths. It's the only way to save yourself from joining the ranks of the fallen, those who have heede the call of the haunting melody.

It is said that at the end of a long forgotten road that is located in a long forgotten country, there is a palace. Not just any palace, but one of the most magnificient buildings that were ever constructed by mankind. Those who have seen it describe it as being impossibly tall and impossibly vast, yet every single inch of its surface is filled with such detail that would move a master of the arts to tears. It is simply the pinnacle of the human art, incorporating every single bit of culture from the pre-historic era to the modern arts. From greek columns, through the twisted and glittery decorations of the baroque period, the strict definitions and lines of the classical era, to the rebellious works of the dadaists, there is not a single era or culture that is missing from the walls. Despite the radically different cultures represented on the palace, the decorations do not clash, they simply transition into new patterns, creating serene beauty where there should be a terrifying mess that erodes the eyes.

Very few have reached this place, and even fewer have dared to enter into this palace, but the stories they tell always match. They were travelling alone along a foggy road, in the dead middle of the night, when they begun to hear a faint melody. They have ignored it at first, but then, the melody got stronger and stronger, eventually becoming clearly audible. Those who have not died upon hearing the melody say that it is the most beautiful, yet the most terrifying piece of music they have ever heard in their life. Strangely, this music begun to literally lead them to the palace, inspiring their feet to move by themselves, and take the victims in front of the palace's large, unnerving, but still divine door. It is here that the tales of the survivors start contradicting each other, as they begin detailing impossible nightmares and then suddenly waking up in their beds, at home.

I do not know if this rumour is true or not, but I am going to see it for myself. The fog has already descended on this town, and midnight is just about to approach, so it is the perfect time for me to find out the truth, and write it down for everybody to see. If I do not return, do not attempt to follow me, for I have succumbed to the madness of the palace's music.