Plot Challenge: Across the Ocean

K

Kitti

Original poster
502548887_467fc69369.jpg

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!
NOTE: You can reply to this post with your own challenge additions at any time! If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit. Learn more about the Roleplay Challenges HERE.

Challenge Phrase: Across the Ocean

I swim in the ocean,
My scales shimmer in the water.
My hair is long as casacdes down my back,
As i slip onto the rock.
Half my body of a human,
The other of a fish.
A beautiful creature they say,
not so very clever aye?
Looks can be deciving,
my kind steals the lives of men.
but i own this ocean well,
and have never been told of truthfully by pen.

Do you know what monster i am?

((A poem i guess, it's just the first thing i thought of :D))

"What a wonderful day t' go fishin."
The fisherman came to meet the ocean early in the morning.
Taking hold of his fishing line, he felt the waves welcome him.
His knees felt the warm salt water splash against them.
With one motion the fisherman casted his line out and stood in wait.
He didn't move, not as much as an inch.
It was as if he was connected with the soul of the ocean.
He could feel everything across the ocean as well.
All the fish swimming in schools, the crabs skittering across the sand..
His lure just waiting to be picked up by a wanderer.

There it was, the tug on the line.
The fisherman waited though.
The opponent trying to win by pulling harder and with more force.
He took hold of the pole and began to fight back,
The fish making it self known by leaping out of the water, letting the fisherman know it shall not be beat.
For a good few minutes they fought.
One trying win over the other until it was over.
The fisherman caught the fish within his grasp and smiled in his victory.
He looked at the fish and tossed it back into the ocean.
A formidable opponent shouldn't have a reason to die.

[[Reminds me of the days I used to go fishing with my Dad at the beach.]]

[ My first Haiku = w= ]

Soft illuminated waves
Determined with destination
Sail across the ocean

In the beginning, there was nothing in the universe. Not even a single speck of light existed in its merciless, cold ocean, and it attacked everything that tried to exist with unrelenting fury. It thought that being empty was happyness, that to live without facing existence was the perfect way of life. And then, it came.

It was much stronger than the universe, so strong that it could crack open the universe's impenetrable shell and force itself into it. It was pure devastation given form, a being that was mightier than what the universe has ever faced. It had no name nor purpose, and only found bliss in destroying everything, and thus, it challanged the universe. The universe, knowing that it could not last against such a foe, decided to delay the inevitable and let life come into it. The sudden influx of subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, material, living beings, planets and stars created a cataclysmic explosion, which had the power to knock out the being that came into the universe.

But the universe knew that such a strong opponent would not stay dormant for long, and thus, made it so that life had a right to exist in it. It restructured its laws to allow for the existence of sentient beings, and made it so that they would get stronger and stronger over time, creating living weapons to defeat the being that dared to challange its rule. And when the harbinger of destruction is eventually defeated, the universe will go back to the way it was before, until another being dares to journey across its ocean.