10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
PLOT CHALLENGE

Plot challenges are designed to help you think quick and be inspired. We often play this game in the cbox, shouting out random words or phrases and see what ideas first pop in to people's heads.

To Participate: THINK FAST. Don't waste any time. The first idea(s) that comes to mind, write it down and post it!

NOTE: If you decide to borrow someone's concept for a roleplay, make sure you give credit.

Challenge Phrase:
A New Gunbelt

Michael Delane always said he'd get himself a new gun belt. Somehow he never got around to it. In fact, the battered old leather deal he's wearing right now has become a bit of a trademark. It's what led you to become a member of his crew, in fact - the trademark. Well, now you're in a fix. You've crashed on an alien planet, your beacon is dead, as is Delane. You and the four other survivors must somehow locate the alien ruins you intended to explore, and retrieve the Ark of Mesadah....or twenty-three days from now you will all die from atmospheric poisoning. Good luck, crewmen.

I never wanted to have to do this, I and my ragtag team of otherwise unremarkable friends were never expecting to be some of the people that got through this. Fuckin' zombies. So we're the only ones in our neighborhoods who survived, and with our little corner of civilization going to hell, we figured we'd raid a gun shop for supplies. I got a gun belt, and a few firearms as well as a hatchet- a friend had picked a few knives for hunting and skinning and preparing food- not like it would work on zombies. Too close range. Would it surprise you to learn that guy was the first to die in our group? Either way, we're heading towards what we heard was a safe zone... now all we have to do is avoid being killed on the way there.

The pit of dread had settled in her stomach nearly two weeks before, but now it was getting to the point where it was painful to even think about what was coming. Celeste was almost sixteen, and her coming of age ceremony was in just an hour.

It wasn't that she thought she'd fail- she was at the top of her class, after all. But she was still nervous. Even the best of them had failed before and been doomed to be nothing more than laborers. She had to do this right. You couldn't be part of this clan if you couldn't be a good assassin.

A knock sounded on her door and she let out a sigh, running her fingers through short blue hair and ceasing her pacing. "Come in."

Her father came in, ducking under the doorframe. A kind smile was on his face and he sat on her bed with a heavy sigh. "I bought something for you."

Celeste's interest was piqued. She approached curiously and sat next to him.

"Close your eyes."

She chuckled and did so.

A heavy leather object rested in her palms. Her brown eyes snapped open and she stared down at the gun belt with an excited expression. "A gun belt!"

He laughed, his eyes sparkling. "You'll do great. Knock em dead."

Reactions: Diana
There were a few things an old gunslinger noticed after a time of being challenged nearly every week to see who was fastest. One was facial hair, and the other was a new gunbelt. No facial hair meant the challenger was young and impetuous, and likely a bit cocky. A new gunbelt meant it would stick and be stiff, even if the challenger was fast, that new belt would slow him down a bit. A keen eye for details was every bit as important as sheer speed in these matters.

Reactions: Umbra
Six-Shot Shawn didn't completely understand the strange future world he found himself in, with buzzing flying machines and exotic people from other planets, but he understood how to pick himself up whenever he got knocked down. As he looked at the newfangled gun what shot light instead of bullets, he thought to himself;
"If I'm gonna keep this, I gotta get me a brand new belt."

He'd find those goons that offed his gang, and if they weren't gonna eat lead the first time around, they sure as hell were gonna get a facefull of whatever it was this thing shot, or he wasn't the baddest gun in the west.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Diana