Please Help

• Thread starter Lyrical Machine
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lyrical Machine

Original poster
Okay, so I've been working on this sketch for a bit and it's very rough. I'm making it a big deal because it's for someone important to me! Please give me any tips and DO NOT be scared of hurting my feelings and be scared to tell me if there is something wrong. Please help.

10340176_703672016345462_6391032636277141699_n.jpg

Zoom in on hand bc that's what I had most trouble with

10364185_703668409679156_4375054967605678018_n.jpg

Reactions: Smo
Honestly, it looks well done to me.

The male's pointer finger looks a bit weird although, I guess because you make the fingernail a bit awkward.

I like it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The index finger, the joint near the nail, looks off to me. I'd try to make it a little bent to make it a little more natural? The nail looks a bit weird too.

Other than that, you know how much I like your art from what you showed me! This is beginning to look good too! :3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Thank you, both. As it's well known, hands can be such a pain -.-

• Love
Reactions: Smo
You might be over working some areas. Loosen up on how hard you press into the paper and be conscious of how much you are erasing in one area, it ruins the beautiful work you do.

It's difficult and I do the same thing a lot, I use kneaded erasers and barely touch an HB pencil to the paper when I first start out the drawing. If I can't erase an over worked area I darken it some how with ink pens.

Without those smudges and faded lines this would be perfect!

Thank you, both. As it's well known, hands can be such a pain -.-
You're capable of doing hands though, that's amazing to me, I fail so hard at hands even though I practice endlessly I could never draw something this pretty though.

I just also noticed the necklace, if they are falling I would think the necklace would be loosely flapping up in her face or up near her ear somewhere.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs but details are details :|

It's still amazing work though.

Looks good! The hair is off though; it seems to lie normally on the top of their heads and only the length is 'falling'. The length should lift more than shorter areas (like bangs or a layered hairdo) but ALL the hair should be lifted to some degree. Also the fold line along her nearest leg makes it look like her skirt is clinging to the leg. This would work if we were viewing from below, but from the side her skirt should be pulled upward; direct the fold lines accordingly

The details are what matter the most in my opinion so thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.