Please Don't Tell my Brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was not really what he was trying to illustrate, it was more of the irony in the whole situation.

Lucas sighed as he looked at the two lovers wrapped in an embrace - he really couldn't handle it, they fit so well together that it was the most adorable thing he'd ever seen. "That wasn't really what I meant, but I know that you want to support me and I thank you for that... the reason I told you not to laugh was well... the irony in all this... you bring me here to tell me you're gay and I happen to have to say the exact same thing? I just thought it was pretty ironic..." Lucas ended with a blush on his face. Actually, Lucas had been straight until recently, where he'd broken up with another girlfriend freaked out over his appearance. And then this guy started talking to him all of a sudden. He was nothing like Kain, with a more blunt attitude and rare smiles. He was also brutally earnest but something about him was fragile. It had been something Lucas had wanted to protect. The only problem was that the man was a few years older than Adrian... and he did not want to see his brother's reaction to all of that. The guy also worked and had his own apartment, plus he had some really special job, as far as Lucas had figured. Lucas wondered what his target of affection was doing... probably sucked into his work, again. Lucas sighed. He'd have to cook when he got home.

This time, it was Adrian's turn to blush and he tried to cover Kain's mouth.
"Seriously, Kain, too much information! Are you going to start telling him what we do in bed also?!" It burst out of Adrian and he blushed. When he looked over, he saw a wide-eyed Lucas stare at them. Okay, bad idea. He coughed slightly as he hid his face. "... A-and. We'll forget that I ever said that, and don't you dare start telling him about stuff like that, I swear I'll strangle you, Kain." The boy warned but really, being so small and in the embrace of his boyfriend didn't make him look more intimidating, and he rather looked adorable. When he got the kiss, he couldn't help but return it with gentle love, making Lucas blush again.

"W-well... I'm grateful, for your support and all... I know what I feel for this man, but he just has to get used to me... it's sort of... difficult, and all... he has a very outgoing job and it's sort of, well..." Lucas blushed as he looked over at Kain. "You're such a snoop! What're you going to say to him? I-it's not like he's used to stuff like that! ... people suddenly showing up at his doorstep... geez..." Lucas just realized that he revealed A) the dude had a job, and B) he lived alone, which could only lead to his brother and best friend to think that the guy was older than Lucas.

"...you bring me here to tell me you're gay and I happen to have to say the exact same thing?..."

Kain presented his best friend with a blank stare. "You're here because it's the first anniversary of Danny & Toni's death. We are visiting their graves today. This just so happens to be a little extra," he deadpanned. He lifted his hand and pressed it against his forehead, feeling a migraine surfacing. He heard about Lucas's last relationship failure. It made his blood boil. Lucas is special. His appearance is unique, not freakish. Albeit, he is one of the few individuals that accepted Lucas, Kain desired for more people to adapt his perspective. If Lucas's last significant other was a man, Kain would of beat the shit out of him. However, he will never hit a woman. He will never be his father. He refused to inherit immoral tendencies. Kain observed his best friend silently, noticing his nervous behavior. A chuckle emitted from his lips. His flustered nature is adorable. Unfortunately, no one will compare to his lover. Adrian is irresistable.

"...Are you going to start telling him what we do in bed also?!"

A snicker escaped his lips, but it was cut off by Adrian's hand. His mismatched eyes glittered with mirth. When did he reveal too much information? He was referring to that infamous slap, not a sexual reaction. His lover can be incredibly oblivious. It made him love Adrian even more. Kain averted his attention to Lucas. He threw his head back and laughed. Adrian inevitabely scarred Lucas, filling his mind with possible scenarios. He presented his lover with a wolfish grin. "It would scar him, Ian. I don't think he will want to hear about his older brother being taken by his best friend," he replied cheekily. A chortle escaped his lips, amused by this situation. Kain directed his focus on his best friend.

"...has a very outgoing job...people suddenly showing up at his doorstep..."

An eyebrow raised in response. His eyes filled with realization. "I'm guessing he's older than Ian," he deduced. Kain picked up his glass of orange juice and sipped it slowly. "Ian is in his last year of college. He may have his own apartment, but he doesn't have a full time job yet. This man already has a career, indicating he is approximately around his mid or late 20s. He would be in his prime, not too old," he added. Kain burrowed his face against his lover's neck, disregarding Lucas's presence. He is not afraid of being affectionate in front of an audience.

"You're my best friend, Luke. I want to see this guy myself. You're special to me. If he ever hurt you, I would kill him," he announced bluntly. His eyes darkened, becoming liquid sapphire and blood red. He possessed the strength to back up his threat, as gruesome as that sound. Kain is extremely protective over his loved ones. After losing Danny and Toni, he will do whatever it takes to keep Adrian and Lucas safe. He desires to meet this man, gouge out his personality. Lucas deserves someone that will accept him completely. If this man obtains those qualities, Kain will acknowledge him in their group.

Lucas was really just flustered, considering they'd had the exact same secret to tell each other, it'd really made him awkward.

But he did feel a little guilty when he heard what Kain said, and tears formed in his eyes for a second. "I-I'm sorry Kay... I just thought it was a big coincidence, that we suddenly would have the exact same secret to tell... and it happened to be planned on the same day... I didn't mean to upset you..." He felt a bit guilty for saying something like that on a day like this. Lucas remembered back to his other relationships. Kain had been so protective of him, telling him that he deserved better, that that girl wasn't important if she couldn't even handle a strange hair color and a birth mark with an intimidating shape. Kain had always been like his second big brother, and maybe that was also what made his relationship with Adrian a little awkward for him... because it was like his brothers were dating each other. But it was also kind of cute and he ended up blushing again. He didn't know why but the thought of them together made him strangely... embarrassed.

Adrian's comment had made him blush a scarlet red that he'd never experienced before.

It was like he was going to faint at it. It was so strange, something that he'd never thought about before. They shared a bed. They did things in a bed. It just hadn't gotten to his mind and when it finally did, he was a blushing mess. He didn't know what to say or do as images filled his mind - well, it was a bit hard to imagine... that was, until he heard what Kain said. That embarrassed him even more. Adrian was the oldest. And yet, Kain was the one to...? Lucas blushed as that image filled his head, and upon realizing exactly what his brother was thinking, Adrian blushed deep red as well, burying his face in Kain's chest.
"I-idiot! Now he knows that you're on top! You're the problem here, geez." Adrian said as he lightly hit Kain in the chest, though jokingly.

Lucas was thankful, albeit a bit embarrassed, when the conversation topic finally changed.

He wanted to deny what Kain was saying, but he just nodded slightly.
"Y-yeah... a little bit older than Adrian..." He gently said as he looked down. Adrian seemed surprised but didn't say anything about that. He would wait for what Lucas had to say. "H-he's 26 years old, he graduated from college pretty early, apparently he's some kind of genius or something... I don't really know what's going on in his life, sometimes... but he treats me with care and tells me all the time that there's nothing wrong with looking like I do... and this acceptance caused me to fall for him.." Lucas gently said as he looked at Kain and Adrian.

"He won't hurt me, Kay. He's a great guy, he's been my friend for a while and it was a coincidence that we started dating. He just asked me out one day and I said yes, later on he told me about his feelings for me and... I couldn't do anyhting but accept..." Of course he knew that Kain was so focused on him and Adrian because he felt guilty for not protecting his younger brothers, and now he was doing anything he could to protect Adrian and Lucas. Of course the boys knew this about him. But they also knew how much he loved them, how much he truly wanted to protect them and make them safe. Basically, Lucas was sure that this guy would be of liking to Kain... if Kain wasn't too protective of Lucas.

"I-I'm sorry Kay..."

His expression softened. He presented his best friend a reassuring smile, hoping it would cease his tears. Fortunately, it worked. Kain hated seeing his loved ones cry. His heart clenched at the sight. A fleeting chortle escaped his lips, noticing Lucas's blush. The Harrris brothers' were notorious for their flustered nature. He didn't mean to upset Lucas. He was stating a fact, no contempt hidden underneath. After his lewd comment reached Lucas's ears, his face flushed scarlet. He snickered, mirth dancing in his mismatched gaze.

"I-Idiot!...the problem here..."

Kain caught Adrian's hand, lacing their fingers together. He pressed their adjoined hands against his face. He stared down at his lover, amusement reflecting his expression. "Says the one that doesn't complain one bit. In fact, you are quite greedy, begging for more," he countered directly. He silenced his lover's protest with a kiss. Moments later, he pulled away and focused on his best friend. He leaned back against his chair, listening. An eyebrow raised in response. Twenty-six years old? Eight year age difference, he confirmed. A genius to boot. A small frown marred his lips. His eyebrows knitted together in contemplation. His hand subconsciously massaged his forehead, easing his migraine.

"Age doesn't matter to me that much," he admitted. His gaze lowered to his empty plate. "You deserve so much more. I'm delighted he accepts you," he added. He averted his eyes towards his best friend. His expression is unreadable. He analyzed his friend intently, gouging his reaction. A few minutes later, he finished, "I still want to meet him. If he's as great as you picture, I want to know him. I trust your judgement in character, but my mind won't be at ease unless I analyze him myself."

Lucas felt like he was such a moron.

When he looked over at Kain, he spotted a smile and the tears in his eyes quickly disappeared. He knew that Kain just wanted to see him smile and never had he had any kind of intention to do something else than make him happy. It hadn't been to hurt him or tell him to shut up, rather just stating a fact. But Lucas was scared of coldness. Coldness was even worse than hatred. Because that was no feeling at all. At least hatred would pose as a real feeling that would make something happen in your chest. But coldness didn't justify either.

Okay, he was getting too much info here. His ears, even, became red as he stared over at his best friend and brother. B-begging? He was about to run away at the thoughts and images popping into his mind at this, not only was his brother a bottom, but also a really submissive one...! "K-Kay! I-idiot! Y-you're such a moron, saying things like that to my b-brother! I-I do not beg!" Adrian protested but he was immediately shut up with a kiss from Kain, and he couldn't help but lean against his boyfriend, wanting more. Okay... maybe he begged... a little bit. He was surprised to hear that they had a big age gap, Lucas and his boyfriend, but he didn't really care that much if the guy wasn't hurting Lucas.

And with the way Lucas admired him, there was no way... at least he wasn't getting hurt.
"W-well, I guess it doesn't matter that much... I'm really much of a worried person, and I just don't want him to hate me... but he accepted me." Lucas said, smiling happily down into his palms as he tried not to look too much like a lovestruck maiden. "Well... is it okay if I prepare him to the idea that I have a best friend who's bedding my brother first? I really don't want him to be too freaked out about you weirdos..." A smile did curve his lips to say that he was partly joking.

"...too freaked out about you weirdos..."

A smirk plastered on his face. "Says the one that's my best mate. After we visit Danny and Antoni's graves, you're introducing me to your lover," he countered. He beckoned for Lucas to continue eating, repeating the same gesture to Adrian. Kain pushed his chair back, stood up, and picked up his empty plate. He padded towards the sink, deposited his dirty dish, and began washing. After he cleaned his plate, Kain focused on the remainder load. Despite his aristocratic background, Kain possessed domestic skills. He never fully adapted to a luxurious lifestyle. His father reprimand him for behaving like a commoner, but Kain ignored him. Unfortunately, he is heir to his father's company. As an only child, his father did not have siblings. As a result, no immediate family will be able to take over his father's business. Kain endured years of expectations, pressure, and ridicule. A sense of dread filled his heart. He had a feeling his father will take no for an answer. He yearned to become an artist, not a CEO. His heart clenched painfully. He is the reason his father will persist. He took away his father's only option; shifting the role to one of his brothers. Was his desire for a simple life too demanding?

Kain snapped out of his reverie. He tilted his head back, peering at his best friend. "What's his name, Luke?" he inquired. He turned around, leaned against the counter, and folded his arms across his chest. His mismatched eyes glinted with curiosity. Would this man recognize his heritage? His previous surname, Frost, is known for their influence in the medical, police, and technology fields. Albeit, he inherited his rare trait from his mother, Kain is the splitting image of his father. It became another reason he dyed his hair.

Lucas' eyes rolled again and he sighed.

He looked up at Kain and blushed slightly, this time a bit in annoyance, as well. "You were the one who started, though, always clinging to me and you just kept on passing me notes in class like some weird schoolgirl, I had no choice but to accept you, you know?" Lucas blushed slightly as he looked at Kain in surprise at the other half of the sentence. He bit his lip as he looked down and then nodded timidly. "I'll send him a text later... I'm not sure that he's ready though, I really don't know if it's okay to just burst into his house like that... I don't wanna if he's busy or something like that..." Lucas complained and sighed slightly. He didn't want to bother his boyfriend with stuff like that. Lucas and Adrian were also part of a rich family, but because of their twin siblings, who would love to be part of the company when they grew up, the two oldest sons were thankfully left to their own. They had both refused to have the company upon turning 18, and therefore they'd been able to pursue their own ways. Lucas wanted to be a musician and Adrian wanted to be an author. Under a pen name, Adrian was quite popular already, and he was called a "young, aspiring author" in the news and praised for making novels already despite his young age.

And Lucas, with his playing in a band around, here, there and everywhere, he had become quite known as well. He had always been good at playing music and singing, and now he had formed a band and got job offers around and out of town, of course not on school days when he had to be at college, but in weekends and vacations he had a lot of work to do. He blushed heavily at Kain's question, looking away slightly.
"H-his name is Axel. He's a bit of a... strange person by appearance, but he's really not that bad once you get to know him." A deep blush settled onto his cheeks as he spoke, for the first time hearing the other's name on his lips in front of other people than Axel himself.

"...clinging onto me...passing notes like some weird schoolgirl...I had no choice but to accept you..."

A small frown marred his lips. Kain presented his best friend a disapproving look. "You know very well that isn't true, Luke. You accepted me because you wanted to, not because you were forced. You could of taunted me, ridiculed me, and fear me. You had every single chance, but you didn't take it. You found my eyes fascinating. We became best friends because we accepted each other. I was a child, how else should I acted? I didn't experience a normal childhood," he deadpanned. He massaged his forehead, easing his growing migraine. He didn't mean to snap at Lucas, but that comment annoyed him. Due to his straightforward nature, Kain voiced his opinion. Moments later, his expression softened. A sigh escaped his lips. "I'm not going to scare him off, Luke. I'm not that intimidating," he muttered. He moved from the counter and sauntered towards his lover. He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Adrian's neck, standing from behind. He buried his face in his lover's neck, breathing in his scent. His shoulders visibly relaxed, savoring the delectable aroma of his lover's cologne.

"H-His name is Axel..."

Kain lifted his head, peering at Lucas through his half-lidded gaze. A small smirk painted his lips. "I'm pretty sure I take the win for strangest appearance, mate. I'm not the type to judge by appearance, you know that," he mused. He nuzzled his lover's neck, pecking underneath his jaw. He removed his arms from Adrian's neck, standing up straight. He noticed the empty plates. "After you two clean your dishes, we'll head out," he announced. Kain slipped away from Adrian, walking out the kitchen. He fished out his cellphone from his pocket, unlocked his screen, and navigated to his contacts. He pressed a button and held it to his ear. Kain conversed with the local floral shop owner, requesting two flower arrangements.

Now he was getting worried, seriously, badly worried. He had never experienced this before. He didn't know what to do.

The things that Kain said brought tears to his eyes. All that Lucas had meant to was a mere joke and now he had made things like this... he didn't know what else to do. Trying to hide his tears, he ended up sniffing and there was no helping it. He was crying and unable to stop it again. He didn't know what else to do, and his stomach tightened in pain at the thought of seeing that cold glance in Kain's eyes again. Lucas easily got worried about small things, and this was one of them. He shouldn't have said. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... I just... I just wanted to joke, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you so upset, what am I gonna do...? I feel so bad for saying all this... I'm sorry, I'll never speak up again..." He mumbled out between the tears, unable to even see as Kain's expression softened. He felt like he was the one who'd messed up the entire meeting. He couldn't handle people snapping on him, it made him prepare for a beating like he always had when he was a child hated by everyone. Losing himself in this trauma every time someone snapped at him, he ended up crying quite often. He couldn't do anything.

Detangling himself from Kain, Adrian let out a light sigh.
"You know, I think you went too hard on him, Kain. You know how weak he is to what you say..." He commented lightly as he walked over to comfort his younger brother, gently patting his head. "Hey... hey Luke, Kain isn't mad with you anymore... you don't need to cry like that, you know that no one is going to beat you up anymore... now both Kain and I are strong enough to protect you no matter what the cost..." Adrian shooed gently to his little brother as he rocked him from side to side as if he was a little child. He knew that this hadn't been Kain's intention, he hated to see either of them cry, but when he snapped like that, Lucas would always end like this. It had always been Lucas. Whenever Adrian had gotten a bit angry with him, he had shut down for days at a time. He got Lucas with him to clean the plates, wanting his brother to at least calm down before they went out of the house. And the worst thing was that Lucas blamed himself.

((I'm sorry, but this is just Lucas, he's not that strong-minded ; v; ))

"...I'll never speak up again..."

Kain winced. He clutched his cellphone, recalling his best friend's reaction. After Lucas recoiled, Kain regretted his words immediately. He should of known better! How could he forget Lucas's condition? Albeit, his best friend is resilient, his mind is weak. Shouting, snapping, or ridicule triggers Lucas's emotional trauma, forcing his coping mechanism; crying. Kain is gentle with his loved ones, especially Lucas. He never revealed his dark side. However, he couldn't help it. Lucas hit a nerve. He is aware how sensitive Kain is with his childhood. Today is the first anniversary of his brothers' death. He is frustrated, anxious, and stressed. His migraine forced him on edge. Unfortunately, that is no excuse. Despite his pain, Kain should of held his tongue. Taking it out on his loved ones is wrong. His heart filled with guilt. This day is making him out of character.

"I'm such an idiot," Kain muttered.

"...You know how weak he is to what you say..."

Guilt clawed at his heart, twisting it maliciously. He gritted his teeth, remembering his lover's disappointed expression. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did he have to be so impulsive? He possesses greater control! He changed. He is not short-tempered, violent, and ruthless, not anymore. He is not a monster! Kain stared at his phone, observing the lock screen. It contained a selfie of his lover in his blushing glory, a surprise shot Kain snapped. A weak smile painted his lips. A fleeting chuckle escaped his lips. "Adorable," he murmured. Although, his call ended a few minutes ago, Kain remained in that spot, standing in the middle of the living room. He pocketed his device, turned around, and headed back to the kitchen.

A pair of arms wrapped around Lucas's shoulders, hugging him from behind. Kain pressed his forehead against Lucas's right shoulder. "Je suis désolé, Lucas. Je suis désolé. J'ai jamais été conçu pour vous faire du mal. J'ai jamais censé aimanter à vous. C'est ma faute. Je devrais mieux connus. J'ai eu le nerf d'oublier votre condition, un seul instant. Il n'est pas ma faute, vôtre. Tu es mon meilleur ami, Luke. Je laisserai jamais quelqu'un vous blesser à nouveau. Avec ma vie, je vais protéger vous et Ian. Pardonne-moi. Je suis désolé," he murmured. His grip tightened, arms trembling. He developed a habit of reverting to his native tongue when he's remorseful, upset, or aroused. In this case, it's remorse.

As a child, Kain was small. He use to be shorter than Lucas and Adrian, more fragile. He experienced being hit multiple times by older children and his father. He understood Lucas on a personal level, knowing that painful feeling. However, his coping mechanism transformed into violence. After he grew older, Kain fought back. Instead of crying, he screamed. Despite his size, Kain managed to protect Lucas, enduring some of his beatings for him. His destructive behavior worsened, to the point his mother enrolled him in that wretched dojo. He never blamed his mother. It wasn't her fault. The dojo projected a peaceful, honorable appearance. She didn't know it was a ruse, a mask. Kain wondered what would of happened if his mother changed her decision. Would he still be a monster?

"Il ne sera jamais votre faute. Ne vous osez succomber à cette obscurité, Luke. Vous êtes fort. Je ne vous laisserai pas détruire vous-même," Kain vowed.

[French Translation#1: I'm so sorry, Lucas. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to snap at you. It's my fault. I should of known better. I had the nerve to forget your condition, for one moment. It's my fault, not yours. You are my best friend, Luke. I will never let anyone hurt you again. I will protect you and Ian with my life. Please forgive me. I'm so sorry.]

[French Translation#2: It will never be your fault. Don't you dare succumb to that darkness, Luke. You're strong. I won't let you destroy yourself.]

Of course, Lucas hadn't meant for Kain to feel so bad.

But whenever something like this happened, Lucas could almost feel his heart crack and fall apart from the self-loathe he felt whenever he managed to hurt someone. Therefore, he was thankful when Adrian dragged him off to do something else to distract him. That way he wouldn't think too much about it. He wouldn't get himself more hurt or say anymore stupid things to Kain. He knew he shouldn't have said that, at least now he did. He had just been in a good mood and had wanted to joke around, and then this happened. He hadn't thought about the consequences of what he had said, rather just wanting to lighten the mood a tiny bit. He wanted to make it up to Kain but he knew that he had nothing to do. Of course he knew that he had gone a bit too far with what he had said, but he just didn't think, for once in his life! He wanted to make Kain less tense and it had backfired on him. It made him feel so worthless.

But he was feeling a bit better now.

The hand holding onto his warmed him up and he knew that he was safe.

Adrian was such a comforting brother. Instead of doing something, he would just stand closely and hold Lucas' hand as much as he could. He didn't say anything, and words weren't needed anyways. At least that was what Lucas thought, words weren't able to help him at this moment. He loved Adrian more than anything for making him feel safe even when he was breaking down. He knew he needed to give Kain a few minutes. He felt horrible for having made his friend feel so bad about himself. He hadn't meant for anything like that to happen. He sighed as he looked away, wiping his eyes gently. He didn't want Adrian to see his tears. But the older male did and walked over to Lucas, wiping off his tears. "Luke, calm down. It'll be okay, you're not going to be hurt, no one wants to see you like this."

Lucas widened his eyes as he was hugged from behind, tears filling his eyes again as he leaned against Kain, his very best friend. Adrian felt himself calm down as he saw them. At least they weren't going to be broken down. Of course, he had learned to understand French in order to understand whenever Kain switched to his mother tongue, just like Adrian had. "No, it's okay, Kay... It's not your fault, I shouldn't have reacted like that, I feel so bad for making you like this. I didn't mean to hurt you either. I don't want anyone to hurt you, either, I'm sorry that I made you snap on a day like this. I feel so bad for making this happen, it's like I can't even do anything to help it. I feel so worthless when you get angry with me, like I'm going to die." He gently sobbed into Kain's arm as they stood there together. It calmed him down that Kain didn't seem angry with him any longer, like that was all that mattered to him.

He knew that his friend probably felt a large amount of guilt and remorse, but Lucas tried to calm him by hugging him, then letting go of him, smiling as he pushed Kain towards Adrian, beckoning for him to be with his boyfriend. He wanted them to be together at this moment, and his problems were secondary, at least in his own opinion. He knew that they probably needed an amount of time together. And Adrian also seemed happy with this as he wrapped himself in Kain's embrace. They were a very honest couple, and it was adorable to see how they interacted with each other. Now he just wanted them to have happiness together, he wanted them to have a life together and never hate each other because of him. At least that was what he thought while looking at them like this, close to each other with nothing but devotion to each other in their eyes.

"Don't worry. Seeing you guys happy has made me realize something. I shouldn't cry that much anymore, if two people this amazing will support me through hardships." Lucas said as a smile plastered onto his face, tears running down his cheeks despite his happy expression. He was just so strangely happy.

"...I feel so worthless when you get angry with me, like I'm going to die."

Kain admired Lucas's pure heart. Underneath his unique appearance is a benevolent spirit, warm and nurtering. Kain was relieved someone accepted him, his best friend. Lucas deserved love. He is grateful that man, Axel, looked past Lucas's birthmark. He is looking forward to meeting the man that captured Lucas's heart. However, a wave of protection washed over him. If this man wore a mask, Kain would kill him. He trusted Lucas's judgement, but Kain experienced the cruel fate of manipulation. He will not fully accept Axel until he analyzed him intently. Kain remained in that position, hugging Lucas from behind. His grip tightened, ignoring the tears that stained his arms. His heart clenched painfully, but he endured. Lucas was always forgiving, directing the blame on him. In a way, he shared that quality with his best friend.

"Je t'aime, cher frère," Kain murmured platonically.

Despite no blood relation, Kain considered Lucas a brother. He cherished his best friend. After Lucas shoved him towards Adrian, Kain wrapped his arms around his lover's lithe waist. He buried his face in the crook of Adrian's neck, nibbling on his skin. His mismatched eyes gleamed with adoration. His gaze averted towards Lucas. His expression softened. He lifted his head, presenting his best friend a warm smile.

"I'll support you until the day I die, Luke. You can always count on me," he informed.

[French Translation#1: I love you, dear brother.]

Lucas was just an honest person. There wasn't much else behind his words. He was just a very honest person.

In reality, Lucas had never thought about himself as having a specifically pure heart. He hadn't seen anything special about himself, considering that he was always trying to do the best for others, nerver once caring about what happened to himself; he didn't ever look back at himself and think "I'm such a great person" because he felt that it was selfish to say such things about oneself. When he had first met Axel, it was like the male hated him; or rather, didn't want to associate with him. But time passed, and the older male slowly opened up, albeit with a bit of resistance. He was giving off the "leave me alone" kind of aura, and Lucas had thought that it was all just a mask. When Axel had finally admitted his feelings, after having battled himself for weeks, they hadn't started going out yet; Lucas needed time to adjust to the idea, and when that was done, they could finally date each other.

"I love you too, moron, now go hug your boyfriend." Lucas said affectionately as he gently had pushed Kain towards Adrian.

Adrian was a bit surprised at first as his boyfriend was shoved at him, but when the other male hugged his waist he found that it was the best feeling in the world and that he could care less what people thought. He let out an almost soundless purr as he felt the other nibble on his neck, letting out gentle words of love to Kain before he also glanced over at Lucas, a brotherly smile on his face. He was so happy that this was the life they had.

"I know, but I'd appreciate it if that's what you'll do for my brother, too, if you'll go on like this making him send you those smiles." Lucas said honestly as he looked at them.

"...if you'll go on like this making him send you those smiles."

A soundless purr captured Kain's attention. His gaze shifted to his lover. A faint smirk painted his lips. Is Adrian aware of his reaction? Most of the time, his lover is oblivious. A fleeting chortle escaped his lips. He averted his attention to Lucas. "Ian is my light. Of course I will support him, cherish him, and love him," he mused. A gentle smile adorned his face. Moments later, his eyes dimmed. He slipped away from Adrian and relocated to his side. "It's time to leave. Notify your boyfriend we're heading right over after the visit is over," he added.

Kain grasped Adrian's hand, interlacing their fingers together. He sauntered out of the kitchen, tugging his lover along. He headed towards the front door, opened it, and walked out. His heart clenched painfully, reminding him of his impeding task. He never stepped one foot in front of his brothers' graves since the funeral. A shuddering breath escaped his throat. He gripped Adrian's hand tightly, locking away his pain. Kain climbed into the passanger seat of Adrian's car. After he buckled up, Kain leaned back. His eyes fluttered shut. He lifted his hand, massaging his forehead.

"The flower arrangements should be done by now. We can pick them up and head over," Kain commented.

Lucas was always very honest, and he was not going to change that now. He loved his brother and best friend and wanted them to be happy.

Of course, Adrian didn't notice. He wasn't really conscious of half of his actions, and especially something like the sounds he let out didn't catch his mind too much. He was always oblivious to it, and when Kain pointed it out, he ended up blushing. "Gee, Kain, you're making me all embarrassed... you know that I love it when you say things like that to me..." Adrian said gently as he smiled. He looked over at the slowly paling Lucas. He nodded dumbly and grabbed his phone. "A-alright." He said nervously as he dialed Axel's number, looking at the display.

After talking shortly to Axel, he followed his brother and friend out of the house. They were holding hands, and with the way that Adrian seemed to be clenching it, Kain was probably getting tense. It had been so long since he last visited his brother's graves, and he needed to do it. But it was probably very scary for him to go again after having promised himself that he wouldn't for so many years. He went up on Kain's other side and held his other hand in a friendly manner, trying to comfort him as much as possible. He didn't want Kain to back down from this, and he just wanted the other male to be a little less depressed than he was at the moment. He sat in the back seat of the car as Adrian stepped in as well.

"Yeah, we should definitely do that... Kain, are you really okay with this? I know that I want you to go through with this, but if you really, really hate it..." Lucas didn't want Kain to be mad with him, or Adrian.

"...are you really okay with this?...if you really, really hate it..."

His heart clenched painfully. Albeit, he is reluctant, Kain will endure. He is absolutely terrified, but he's not alone. Adrian will give him strength. Lucas will provide him confidence. His brothers deserved a proper prayer, flower arrangement, and respects. His bullet scar throbbed mercilessly, reminding him of that fateful night. Despite Adrian's assurance, Kain believes it's his fault. His guilt did not melt away completely. After Adrian pulled out of the driveway, Kain clutched his free hand. He averted his attention to the window. "I need to do this. I'll be fine," he murmured gently.

Ten minutes later, the trio arrived at the local floral shop. Kain stepped out of the car, walked inside, and paid for his flower arrangements. He ordered two bouqets; one filled with spider lillies, another white roses. He bid the shop owner goodbye, carrying the arrangements. Kain sauntered out of the shop, headed towards the car, and climbed inside the passanger seat. "Spider lillies were Toni's favorite. Unfortunately, they did not possess tiger lillies. Those were Danny's favorite. I opted for his second favorite, white roses," Kain mused. He leaned back against his seat, buckling in.

His expression saddened. A small, weak smile painted his lips. A shuddered breath escaped his throat. He breathed in deeply, struggling to stay calm. One more step. He can do this! Twenty minutes later, the trio arrived at the cemetary. Kain stepped out of the car, clutching his bouqets. A memory flashed in his mind. He winced visibly, picturing the day of his brothers' funeral. He bit his lip, tears pricking at the corner of his eyes.

Of course, Lucas was worried out of his mind. How couldn't he be?

Kain was making those painful faces and both of the Harris brothers hated to see that more than anything. It made them both feel bad, like they could do something about it. They couldn't do something, obviously, Lucas knew that, but he wanted to be able to have a comfortable Kain come to the cemetery with them. But he didn't, he was very sad and upset and there was no surprise in that, obviously. Adrian had tried to convince his lover that he wasn't to blame for the death of his brothers, but Kain had never really believed it. Adrian sadly looked over at Kain and nodded slightly at the answer. "Okay... I hope you'll feel better after this." He muttered gently as he looked away slightly.

About ten minutes later, they arrived at the floral shop. Adrian and Lucas let Kain go in alone, because they knew that he'd probably not like them to join him that badly. They would let him do as much as he wanted to on his own before they did anything at all. When he got back in, Adrian allowed himself a smile. The bouqets were very beautiful, and he knew that Kain was just trying to make his brothers happy.
"I'm sure they'll be grateful, Kain, to see that you're still thinking about them. But do try to replace your memories with the nice ones..." He smiled slightly as he nudged Kain, just trying t make him a little less moody.

Adrian slowly drove the car out of the parking lot and towards the cemetery. He hoped that him and Lucas provided moral support for Kain. When they got there, Adrian stood just beside Kain at the grave, and seeing him cry like that, seeing him in that much pain, he lead Kain's hands towards the graves and helped him put down the flowers. After that, Adrian simply hugged him. He didn't say anything, he didn't do anything else, but just hugged Kain as tightly as he could, giving him a green light to cry as much as he wanted to, if that was what he needed.

"A man never cries. They do not show weakness. You are not a man, Kain."

Those words resonated in his mind. A bittersweet smile plastered on his face. His father is wrong. A real man is capable of showing emotion, shedding tears. It does not make him weak, but human. Underneath his rough layers, a mortal heart is revealed. He never listened to his father. He inherited his mother's independence, free will, and determination. He is a commoner stuck in an aristocratic society. Despite his rebellion, Kain will never be able to erase his heritage. A slender hand grasped his own, snapping Kain out of his reverie. His gaze averted towards his lover. He followed Adrian, entering the cemetary. His heart twisted painfully. A shudder surged down his spine. A few minutes later, the trio arrived in front of his brothers' graves. With Adrian's assistance, Kain carefully planted his flower arrangements in their respective place. He lowered himself to the ground, kneeling between two headstones. He lifted his hands, grazing his brothers' names with his fingertips. He muttered a long prayer, switching to his mother tongue. Tears slid down his face, staining his cheeks. Moments later, Kain rose into a standing position. He turned around, wrapping his arms around his lover's lithe waist. He returned the embrace, burying his face in the crook of Adrian's neck. He breathed in deeply, savoring his lover's delectable scent. A wave of relaxation washed over him.

"...thank you, mon trésor. Je ne pouvais pas faire sans vous. Les deux d'entre vous. Merci," he murmured.

Kain lifted his head, peering at his lover. A watery smile painted his lips. He pecked his lover on the lips. Kain slipped away from Adrian, directing his attention to Lucas. He wiped his eyes with the back of his palm. A languid smirk adorned his face. "Show us the way, Luke. I want to meet your lover," he announced.

Adrian was sure that such a thing could not be true, not in the world that they lived in.

In the world that they lived in, crying was strong. The ability to cry was strong, incredibly strong. It was stronger than hiding your tears, and it was stronger than becoming an emotionless doll just because you didn't want to feel like you were weak. And that was what he thought about Kain the whole time. He hadn't taken all of their bullshit. He had stood up for himself and ended up becoming what he was now, the amazing male that Adrian fell in love with, and the amazing male that Lucas had befriended all of those years ago. There was nothing to say that Kain had ever been something like weak. He was strong, strong and independent and yet also fragile. But that was what made him strong. Because if he couldn't show his weaknesses, then where would they go and hide? He let Kain get onto his knees, rather just watching him the whole time with a smile on his face. He wanted this to happen, he wanted to see emotion return to his boyfriend. He got tears in his eyes hearing the prayer, but closes his eyes as well, silently praying together with his boyfriend. Even if he never met those boys in his life, he knew that they must have been amazing people for Kain to love them so strongly. He was sure of it. They had probably been strong and wonderful just like Kain. When the other stood up again, Adrian opened up his arms and wrapped them both around Kain with a happy smile on his face. He had never felt this safe and assured before, and he couldn't be happier with his life.

"Idiot, don't get like that. You know that there's nothing in the world you need to thank me for." He whispered in return with a smile.

When Kain finally looked at him, Adrian smiled once he saw his boyfriend smile. They shared a soft kiss and then Kain pulled back from him and spoke to Lucas. Lucas nodded feebly and turned around.
"Well, then, let's go to the car. I'll give directions as we go, I know where his house is from here... I think, anyways. I'm bad at remembering addresses, you know that."

Kain wrapped his arm around Adrian's shoulders. A fleeting laugh escaped his lips. He sauntered towards the entrance, tugging his lover along. "Unlike you, I'm great with directions. Give me his address. I'll figure it out," he teased. His mismatched eyes danced with amusement. A few minutes later, the trio exited the cemetary. Kain retracted his arm, stepping into the passanger seat. After he buckled in, he leaned back against his seat. His eyes fluttered shut. He lifted a hand and massaged his forehead, easing his growing migraine. "Has he heard about my family, Luke?" he inquired. He twisted his head around the seat, inspecting his best friend. A twinge of curiosity circulated through his gaze.

Fortunately, Lucas remembered. Fifteen minutes later, the trio arrived in front of an apartment complex. Kain stepped out of the car, peering at the imposing building. An eyebrow raised in response. "Impressive," he commented. He slipped into his signature expression, closing his eyes. A gentle smile painted his lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.