Please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just want you alive afterwards so be careful man." After a few minutes of walking, the duo found themselves on the stretch of road that leads straight to town. James ushered his friend towards the tree line, indicating that they should stay hidden in case somebody passed by. They didn't need any trouble this early on.

"Maybe you can massage my feet later too." James winks at Xavier, continuing the walk and occasionally kicking a pebble that got in his way. His bat swung lightly by his side and then suddenly he remembered something. "Where's that revolver I gave you?" He stopped to turn at look at the other brunette, a stern expression across his face. He had given the revolver to the other solely for protection, but he noticed the male rarely took it out unless James reminded him. He wasn't trying to be mean by sounding so fierce, but it made him feel better to know the younger one had a weapon just in case.

Reactions: andrew21234
Xavier was happy that James wanted him around. "Sure I'll give you a foot rub, but you need to take a shower or bath or something first those things stink" Xavier said. The shower in the house didn't really work so every so often James would go shower/bathe in the river. The men had never gone together though, Xavier didn't like going out by himself but he didn't want to seem like a perv trying to see James's penis by asking if he could tag along while James went to the river.

When James asked if he had remembered the gun he realized he had forgot. He was more of a flight kind of guy and guns had always scared him. "Um I forgot....s-sorry," Xavier said ashamed.

"Man," James didn't want to chastise his friend, but there were a set of guidelines to live by during the apocalypse. One was to never, ever leave your safe house without something to defend yourself with. "Can't be a scavenger without something that'll knock someone's head off if they sneak up on you." James sighed heavily, handing the bat to his comrade, "Take it for the day, but you got to start bringing that revolver with you. You don't even have to load it!" He continued to walk, hidden behind the oak trees with a small scowl upon his face. "Just wave it around as a scare-tactic and then beat them with the butt of the handle."

James ran a hand through his unruly hair to suppress himself from speaking anymore. He didn't want to be hard on Xavier, but the boy was not one to fight and that made him vulnerable to the ways of many that lived their lives now. "We can wash off in the river after our mission. Than you can rub my feet and cuddle me all into the night." To lighten the mood, James took up a joking attitude again turning to wink at Xavier.

"S-sorry" Xavier said grabbing the bat from the older male. You're so stupid, he's going to leave you he thought staring at the ground in front of him. Why aren't you more like James? You just slow him down. "I won't forget next time."

"Yeah sure anything you want," Xavier said to his comment about the foot rub. Knowing he was once again slowing James down he added, "so should we, no I get to scavenging?" He knew a little bit about scavenging from watching James but he wasn't really sure how it was done....

James smiled sadly, knowing he had made Xavier feel bad about his actions. Prying into the other boy had proved fatal in the past so James kept his comments to himself and merely ruffled up Xavier's hair to give him some comfort. "You've seen me go in a few times and exit with a pile of loot, but you've never seen my tactics. I'll give you a basic rundown and you'll only have to worry about grabbing the items I tell you. Once you overflow the bag, it goes downhill from there." James looked ahead between the trees, noticing they were rounding up on the town rather quickly. It was hard to tell from here, but other than it looked abandoned...

"When you walk in the doors there are still red baskets to your right. Remember us bringing back those blue ones when we searched the market? Like that, but red. You'll take one and--" as James spoke his hands mirrored his words, creating boxes to represent the baskets, drawing lines to give an idea where the aisles were. He only knew so much because he had scoped the place out a week ago after breakfast. Xavier had stayed behind because James knew he was a bit frightened to go back after the beating.

"--go towards the pharmacy in the very back. Hop the counter and you'll notice most of the shelves are empty. If you look down though boxes litter the floor like a mine field. I've checked and most have been emptied out, but the few I did find full were stashed behind a stack of magazines behind the counter. Ya think you can fill the basket up, keep the bat on you at all times, and exit safely?" It was a lot of instructions, but Xavier was smart and James had faith.

As he followed James to the pharmacy listening to every word the boy said he nodded "I won't fail....again" Xavier entered the pharmacy and grabbed one of the blue baskets. He walkedback towards the counter keeping an eye out for anything valuable. Xavier stepped on a bottle of something and slipped falling down. Getting back up he cleared the debris off of the bottle and there was a bottle of Neosporin. "Score" he said.

Hopping the counter he looked through all of the debris. I have to find something good to prove to James I'm slightly useful! He thought to himself as he searched. Searching a found a bottle of pain pills, a couple bottles of vitamins, wrapping tape, and a few boxes of bandages. The vitamins wouldn't be that useful, but hey something was better than nothing. Putting everything in the basket he exited the building. He showed the contents to James with a grin feeling like a little kid trying to please his older bother.

Soon enough they rounded the street where the Pharmacy was and after a minute or two they stood right outside it's two glass doors. Actually, one glass door since the other seemed to be in shambles across the concrete sidewalk. James had barely enough time to give the younger boy a pat on the back for good luck, because as soon as he was finished inspecting the debris Xavier was already inside. The larger male shook his head, chuckling as he faced away from the Pharmacy, his arms crossed over his chest to accentuate his muscles so in case some dickbag decided to screw with him... They would be warned before getting beat.

The street was dead silent; the only sound seemed to be the slight whistling of the wind through the many bordered and broken windows on the buildings surrounding them. James and Xavier knew this little town like the back of their hand. They had ransacked almost half of these buildings and they had stayed in the broken down motel on the corner when they first arrived. Most of the furniture from that motel had been moved to the abandoned shack that the two currently resided in. The mattress had been a hassle to haul back, especially since a convoy of militants had passed on the street when the two were pulling it through the brush, but it was all worth it in the end. They had traveled almost twenty times between the shack and the motel to collect all the necessities. Now their home was an actual home, a place where the two boys were safe. "Are you okay in there?" James shouted through the doors, knowing that nobody else was in a close enough range to hear them.

No answer... James was about to go in to find his friend, but not a second later Xavier came bounding out, basket and bat in hand. A large grin had been plastered across his face as well. Xavier showed the contents to James and the older man could help, but embrace his comrade in a tight hug. He patted the other on the back a few times before, bringing him at arms length to give him a broad smile and a hearty chuckle. "Good job man. Now let's head home."

(I was curious... Is James and Xavier's relationship strictly in the friend/brother-zone because I feel like their is something more underneath. You say Xavier's not gay, but there are just so many cute moments! :) I'm just wondering.)

Xavier was embrace by the older man and he felt happy. I did good, he's proud of me! Xavier thought to himself as James released him and patted him on the back. "So now what, should we keep going or head to the river?" Xavier asked. The scavenging was fun, but he was also tired, he hadn't done this much work in a while James usually did all of the hard work. I need to earn my keep.

( Xavier is straight, idc if you have James like him but Xavier is straight 100% he thinks of James as a role model, and wants to be like him so Xavier thinks of him as a close friend and idk what James think about Xavier again if you want James to have a crush on Xavier idc)

"We can head to the river. If we go home now I'm sure we'd crash and then we'd be forced to wash off at night." James wiggled his fingers, making a: "OOOOOOOO" noise with his mouth. "Wouldn't that be scary?" He laughed again, patting the younger boy on the shoulder once more before directing him back down the path they came. It would be nice to wash off the grime from the last few days, plus the few clothes left in the shack should also be washed and hung to dry. It's not like they were being hunted or anything. Honestly, the two boys had all the time in the world.

(No, James is straight as well. He thinks of Xavier as a close friend and doesn't mind looking out for him when Xavier is flustered. It was just confusing because Xavier acts to shy and giddy around James-- like a lovestruck girl. I just wanted to clear that up. Also, where will this story be going? Do you have any ideas on a plot? A goal for these two to chase after?)

"Ok let's go" Xavier said, he felt gross after digging through all the junk in the pharmacy and washing off in the river would be awesome right about now. And then I have to give James a foot rub.... After a while they came to a river, Xavier pulled out two things he had found in the pharmacy and tossed them to James one was an unopened bar of soap and the other an unopened bottle of shampoo. "You can go first." Xavier said, the man and boy hadn't washed in the river at the same time before so Xavier assumed it would be that way this time as he walked for a tree.

(Sorry I was eating dinner)

The trek back down the path was silent, Xavier holding the goodies and James taking his bat back so he could swing it lightly by his side. Eventually, the passed their shack and halted at a long, flowing river. They were unsure, which river it was, but it definitely traveling for many miles since a lot of odd things washed up in the rocks. Xavier offered for James to go first again, so he nodded, watching his friend retreat to a nearby tree so he could undress without feeling weird. Even though, at this point, nothing was weird between the two males.

James set down the soap and shampoo along with all of his gear near a rock. He then proceeded to untie his boots and tossing them next to his gear before attempting to shimmy out of his blue jeans. Next, his shirt was pulled off of him, but his boxers didn't go last until he was a safe distance near the river. A second later he was in the brisk water, soap bar in hand, ready to wash away the last few days of scavenging and hunting.

(I feel like there needs to be something bigger than just a fight. Something with beef that could potentially change Xavier and James. Characters need to be able to adapt to a situation so how would Xavier adapt if he was kidnapped? Would he toughen up like James? Or fall prey to the tormentors? Or maybe James would be the one kidnapped during a hunt and Xavier is forced to look for his friend. I just think there needs to be a deeper plot line than just a simple brawl.)

Reactions: andrew21234
Xavier retreated to behind a tree he wasn't sure if James felt comfortable with Xavier seeing him naked. Xavier really didn't care if James saw him naked though we are both guys, we both have a penis. He didn't want to make James uncomfortable though.

Xavier was still grinning for the older boy's praise earlier. I'm proving my worth, maybe he'll let me do it again tomorrow he thought excitedly. Xavier liked scavenging. Wondering if James was done he glanced at the river seeing James still in the river he quickly turned back not wanting James to think he was some kind of perv.

( I think Xavier being kidnapped would be a good idea, but it is up to you)

James scrubbed himself quickly and harshly-- he even got behind his ears. You would not understand how much dirt was caked into his skin. His hair was something else though, it wasn't that dirty, and James was feeling understandably lazy enough not to want to shampoo it... Instead, he simply dunked himself beneath the cold water, allowing the current to gently ruffle up his brown locks. After coming up for a breath, James stepped out of the river, grabbing his pile of clothes and bat, before shamelessly walking over to a tree in the opposite direction of Xavier. The older male didn't know if his friend was naked or not himself, it was best just to assume and find a comfy piece of grass to relax in and dry off.

"You can go!" James shouted towards Xavier, "I left the soap near my gear." He stood for a bit longer taking his tee-shirt and using it to dry himself off more thoroughly. Once he was spick, span, and dried off completely, James threw on his briefs and then his jeans, but since he had just used his shirt as a towel he threw it over his shoulder as he sat in the grass. He took the next few minutes to put his socks on and lace up his boots.

Hearing James say he was done Xavier walked to the river and started undressing, first came his shoes, then shirt, then he unzipped and lowered his pants revealing his blue boxers he then lowered those and pulled off his socks leaving him completely exposed.

Grabbing the soap and shampoo he quickly went into the water it was freezing but Xavier wanted to hurry. James probably want to get back home soon. Xavier said furiously scrubbing his entire body from head to toe. Once he was finished he quickly clothed himself and went to join James, the basket in his hands. "Ready to go home?"

(@F L Y )

"Yep," James got to his feet, his shirt still draped over his shoulder as he walked over to grab the rest of his gear, the stainless steel bat swinging gently in his left hand. After getting his weapons situated, James began the journey back to their shack. "Let's hurry. It seems that nightfall is just around the corner." He called to his comrade, jogging the rest of the way to their shack just in case. It was known that many hunters and scavengers traveled in the dark, which was why the two boys traveled in the day. They didn't want to run into anyone.

James opened the door to their home and made his way to one of the small bedrooms in the back of the shack. The two boys slept on the mattress in the living room so it was easier to escape so the back bedroom here held all their stolen clothes and weapons as well as other small trinkets either one of them had picked up on the journey. The brunette picked out one of his unslaked shirts and pulled it over his head before exiting the room to grab the basket from Xavier. As he grabbed it, James patted Xavier on the back and then took it to the small kitchen so he could put the contents away where they belonged.

(It works now. No need to tag me. :bouncy:)

He followed James back to their home as fast as he could he had the basket of supplies the had scavenged so he couldn't run as fast plus he wasn't used to begin scavenger. Once they were back James gave him a pat on the back which felt great.

As James was sorting Xavier was getting tired he pulled off his shirt and jeans and went to lay down on his side of the mattress. Then remembering he still owed James a foot rug he called out "when you're done come over here I still owe you a foot rub."

( so what do you think about Xavier getting kidnapped?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.