Please Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
A voice, and hand, reached out to Edith in her moment of self pity. The person speaking to her was clearly male, or a very masculine woman, judging by the tone of their voice. Their speech, however, was the really curious factor. They spoke perfect English, without the Japanese accent.

Edith quickly lifted her head, finding a pair of sapphire orbs meeting with her own, golden-hazel, eyes. Her theory had been correct. The speaker was indeed a male and a rather handsome one at that. He appeared of European descent, the skin tone and hair coloring being the primary clues.

"Um, yeah? I'm fine." She shakily accepted his hand and shook it gently. "I'm Ed...." Announcing her true name would immediately give away the ruse, that couldn't be allowed. "Eddie, Eddie Jordan." Rising to her feet, Edith suddenly realized that just like the twins, this man was ridiculously tall. Even for someone like her, a female taller than average in Europe and certainly above the height for women in Japan, she stood short compared to these men.

Tamaki smiled as he helped the 'young man' to his feet. "It's nice to meet you, Eddie. My name's Tamaki. Tamaki Suoh." It had been a while since he last spoke in his native tongue. But it felt nice to once again.

"What's wrong? I heard you say something about wanting to go home," he says, still speaking in his bright, cheerful voice. He was genuinely concerned however for the person he'd just met. "Where do you come from?"

The man identified himself as Tamaki Suoh, which lead Edith to assume his heritage might possibly be mixed? Even so, his English was flawless and Edith enjoyed not having to use Japanese. "I'm from England and I sincerely miss my home." She told no lies. England was the girl's only prior home, despite her parents traveling all over the world for their business. They usually left her home with Roger, before he decided to move into Japan. After he left, Edith was supervised by maids and servants, until her sixteenth birthday. Only then was she allowed to stay at the mansion alone.

"Do you know anything about a Host Club?" Edith inquired, straightening out and adjusting her uniform. "A pair of ginger-haired twins told me I should join."

Tamaki smiled softly. "I'm sorry to hear you're missing your home. How long are you stuck here?" he laughs a bit at the thought before pausing, blinking at her question.

"The host club?" His eyes brightened a few degrees. "Yes, I'm the president! You met the shady twins then?" He asks, not happy enough to forget to call the Hitachiin twins their slightly offensive nickname, earned by their past and present constant harassment toward Haruhi which never failed to make him jealous no matter how much he may deny it.

Edith physically recoiled, balancing on solely one foot and held her arms in a defensive position. "The president?" Tamaki's personality had completely shifted from before, he now spoke loudly and wouldn't stop smiling. It was frightening to be perfectly honest. The more he spoke, the less confident Edith became with his mentality. He insulted the twins and that was enough to earn him a glare, once Edith composed herself.

"I thought the twins were rather polite and helpful," she commented, defending their honor. "I don't see how you can so openly call them 'shady '?"

"I'm going to look for him," Haruhi announced to Kyouya, Hunny and Mori. They didn't stop her. Haruhi walked down the hallways and managed to locate the twins, but no Tamaki. "Hikaru! Kaoru!" She called them over, running to meet them halfway. "What happened to you guys? I thought you were searching for Tamaki?"

"You wouldn't believe how they treat my little Haruhi sometimes! You'll see," the blonde nods, completely unphased.

------------

The twins stop walking and grinned as Haruhi approached.

"Yeah we were," Hikarou hums cheerfully.
"But then there was this exchange student," Karou nods.
"And we got distracted," It was hikarou's turn.
"And then she dressed like a boy."
"So we thought she could join the Host Club."
"And then we set off to find the boss again."
"But we haven't found him obviously."

They talked at a dizzying pace. It was impossible to tell how they did it.

Edith smirked, hands buried within her pockets. "Well, they did mention something about a Haruhi." She still had no idea who this person actually was, though. "What exactly is the Host Club?" Perhaps if the club was intriguing enough, she'd join. Edith began walking down the hallway, Tamaki having decided to join her. While passing by the various classrooms, Edith glanced outside to the gardens which were visible through an enormous window.

"This place is that's different from my Academy back in England," she mused out loud. "Anyway, about this Host Club, mate?"

"Whoa!" Haruhi shouted with raised hands, her mind muddled by the twins rambles. She slowly tried to piece together the bits of information they'd spoken. "An exchange student is here at Ouran and apparently they're a female dressing under the guise of a male?"

Tamaki followed along quite willingly, a smile ever present. He nods slightly in agreement before the question of what the host club was was posed.

"It's a club where handsome young men entertain beautiful young ladies," he says brightly. "It's our job to make every girl happy."

His mind flitted to the time at the Sakura Ball the year before where a slightly messed up mission to help two students reveal their feelings to each other ended in an accidental thievery of Haruhi's first kiss. He let out a tiny whine under his breath at the thought. Those shady twins caused it all! And..Maybe a banana peel had something to do with it but that wasn't the point!

--------

The twins stop talking and grin putting an arm around each other, Karou leaning against his brother.

"Pretty much," he intoned as Hikarou nodded in agreement. They glanced toward each other slightly and grinned a bit more.

"Like you!"

Edith wasn't entirely if such a club should exist, however, she supposed it was harmless. "Well, who else is involved with the club?" She continued walking along with Tamaki and it wasn't that much longer until they arrived at Music Room Three. Without realizing that this door was the entrance of the club, Edith passed it right by and kept walking down the hall.

"Like me?" Haruhi glanced down to her shoes in a moment of consideration. She finally lifted her eyes to the twins and smiled kindly, "I suppose we should help her out then." After all, that's the only polite thing to do. "Does she speak Japanese fluently?" All Japanese schools, elementary through high school, mandate students to learn English and so if this exchange student couldn't speak Japanese, at least the Host Club would be able to oblige in her native tongue.

"We should go find Tamaki and check with him first if it's alright to include a new member, though?" Haruhi sighed, shrugging her shoulders and brought a hand to rub the soreness of her neck. "Let's go back to the Music Room and see if he turned up there, okay?"

Tamaki slowed to a stop outside the abandoned music room as Edith continued past it. "Ah ah ah, the club's right here!" Before continuing to answer her question as to who was involved in the Host business.

"Well there's the shady twins. Karou and Hikarou Hitachiin. Then there's Honey-senpai, Mori, Kyouya and Haruhi," he listed off their names still smiling brightly. "And of course, me."

-----------

The twins shrug a bit as they lean against each other. "She didn't seem to. It was sort of choppy," they grin. "She can speak English though."

They then nod after a glance at each other.
"The boss probably just-"
"-Fell asleep somewhere."

Edith was a tad hesitant to walk inside the Music Room. Anything could be hidden behind the door and Edith struggled to encourage herself to take the risk. Usually someone that is restricted to a schedule, at her parent's behest, Edith wasn't so open to exploring new situations. However, she couldn't deny the curiosity driving her towards the door.

"So, let's do it then." She finally agreed, following behind Tamaki and entering the Music Room. Upon her arrival, Edith found herself in the company of a dark-haired male with glasses, busily writing in a notebook and hardly showing interest in her at all. Not bothering to introduce herself to someone that seemed so disinterested, Edith walked around until discovering a discarded pink bunny on the floor. It was a plush toy, very adorable and apparently abandoned.

Edith kneeled down, reaching for the bunny when suddenly a blur of blond hair flashed by. Blinking her eyes quickly to regain proper vision, Edith discovered the toy was gone and standing in its place was the cutest little boy she'd ever seen. Short, dressed in the blue uniform, with blond hair and sparkling blue eyes. "Um...hello?" Her wave was weak and slightly awkward.

Suddenly a much taller man appeared behind this shota-boy. He was dark-haired, but not featuring glasses and his expression basically emotionless. Edith recoiled in intimidation, walking backwards towards Tamaki. When she turned around to speak with Tamaki, she frowned in irritation. Apparently he was busy discussing something with the first man she'd encountered.

"Tamaki," the man spoke in Japanese. "Who did you bring to this club?"

Meanwhile, Haruhi and the twins were returning to the Host Club. They happened to enter just as Kouya and Tamaki were talking, leaving Edith deeply confused and uncomfortable. Once she caught sight of the twins, however, Edith seemed to relax and hurried over to their side. Unknowingly standing beside Kaoru.

Tamaki looks absolutely and utterly unbothered. He smiles brightly as he stands beside Kyouya. He reaches over pushing the other boys glasses up slightly absently. "I found him in the hall! He's from England or something like that. I've forgotten."

--------

The twins spotted the new girl the moment they came in, seeing the rather intimidated expression she wore as she was confronted with the gigantic Mori. They blinked in unison as they watched.

When the girl moved over beside Karou, Hikarou didn't pay much attention. The younger twin blinked slightly glancing over to her. A small smile appeared, independent from his brothers expression as he stared at her sideways before turning his attention back to the scene in front of them.

Edith stayed silent at Kaoru's side, not wanting to be forced into a conversation. Meanwhile, Kouya slammed the notebook and sighed heavily while Tamaki lifted his glasses higher onto his nose. "England?" Kouya needed to do some research. He left the room, leaving everyone else to their own accord and went searching online. Kouya's plan was to uncover some information on the new, potential, host before allowing Tamaki to make the final decision.

Hunny and Mori came over, both of them casting a welcoming glance to the twins and Haruhi. Speaking of which, Haruhi was the only one that tried to make conversation with the arrival. "Hello," Haruhi greeted in English. "The twins told me about your...situation." She stressed the word, knowing Edith's secret. "Can we talk in private?"

"I..." Edith tried to answer, but suddenly someone pulled on her arm and she looked down to see the adorable blond from before. "Um..yeah?"

Hunny furrowed his brows, surprised to hear her speaking another language. "You're not from Japan," he stated obviously.

Edith frowned, pulling her arm away. "Yeah, I know that, pipsqueak."

"Hunny is actually a fourth year student," Haruhi informed, watching as Edith's eyes widened.

"What!?"

The twins leaned on each other with matching smirks as they watched the interaction with the small blonde.

"Yeah, he's pretty small."
"That was Haruhi's reaction when we told her too."
"So don't feel too bad."

Tamaki moves over to Haruhi, making a puppy dog face, reaching out to hug her. "Haruhiiiiii~" he cried, having missed his 'daughter'. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep after class~" He was the sort of person who's emotions were over dramatic, scattered and very strong. It wasn't necessarily bad. Just...very different. And sometimes a pain.

The twins watched mildly, not giving much of an expression other than that. This was normal by their standards.

"So," Edith glanced around the room with a quirked brow. "This is normal for you lot, then?"

Haruhi, pinching Tamaki's hand and forcing his embrace to end, nodded with an irritated smile. "Sadly, yes. You get used to it, though, after a while."

"Um, why exactly did you want me to join a club like this?" Edith questioned the twins, leaning in from Kaoru's side and peered at them curiously. "For starters, I'm a female and I don't really believe I'd be all that successful at entertaining women." Although, she had proven herself rather naturally skilled in the hallway earlier. "Besides, I'm not really the type of 'man' a woman would want, anyway. I'd be a useless host for this club."

"I don't know about that," Kyouya interjected from the shadows, stepping forward slowly. "While you do have a feminine voice, your accent and over all exchange student aura is very appealing among the ladies. You could easily be our 'Exotic' host, if so desired." Unlike Haruhi, Kyouya couldn't blackmail Edith into joining. Well, he could leak her true gender to the head of Ouran, but he figured that would be a waste of time. Edith isn't a commoner and her decision to dress as a male would just get overlooked for her status.

Tamaki whined when he was pinched, going teary at the rejection. It only took a moment before you could find him in the corner with a depressed aura floating around him as he crouched there, poking the floor slowly.

The twins nod in agreement with Kyouya as he raised his points.
"Besides, that's not true," Hikarou injected when she protested that she wouldn't be a very good host.
"You already proved you would-" Karou nodded.
"Out in the hall," The sentence was finished together.

The twins wouldn't mind this new girl joining. It meant new entertainment at the very least. As seeing as how bored they'd been that morning, that was something they desperately needed.

"Um," Edith considered the offer, thoughtfully comparing and contrasting the benefits of joining such a club. "I suppose this could be fun?"

Haruhi smiled, deciding to brew up some fresh, commoner's, coffee and handed the steaming cup over to Edith as a peace offering. "So, is there a reason why you like dressing as a man?"

Edith shrugged, inspecting the coffee placed in her hands. "Well, to be perfectly honest, I usually dress in a rather casual style that isn't gender specific. However, the uniforms for women made me nauseous, so I'd rather wear the men's. " It was as simple as that. No big mystery.

"You'll need a head shot," Kyouya suddenly announced, drawing everyone's eyes onto him. "For the guestbooks. It's how the ladies select their favorite hosts. You'll need a few head shots and if the ladies perceive you well enough," he gently pushed his glasses into place, "You might just become our newest member."

"Can you keep Haruhi's secret?" Kyouya inquired.

Edith smirked, hands going to her hips in a natural pose. "Of course I can! She and I have the same secret, basically." Not technically, though. Edith is allowed to be rebellious because she's a student of high society and class, but Haruhi is a mere commoner. If her secret got exposed, it wouldn't be pleasant. "So?" Edith glanced around the room. "I don't believe we've all been properly introduced. I'm..." She decided to keep her real name hidden just for privacy, although the twins already knew the truth. "Eddie. Yes, I'm a foreigner, but I can speak Japanese if needed!"

Haruhi was the first to come forward, extending her hand. "Haruhi Fujioka."

Last edited by a moderator:
*Friendly Bump....making sure you're still interested!*

Status
Not open for further replies.