Playing the Part

Looks amazing. I think I can almost hear most if not all of our characters fitting in at the tavern in the town you've described. I'll try and get on a response soon. Please tack on the following to the end of your post for convenience's sake:

[noparse]((OOC here))[/noparse]

ok I dont know if this is still accepting people but if it is I would love to make a character for somebody and somebody to do the same for I, I simply require that my character not be normal.

Yes, we're still accepting people. At the moment there are no characters requested that haven't been made other than yours, but if someone else shows up I'll ask you to make one for them. Right now, though, Knight Thaniel would you please make a character for Jalein?

Yesssss. Roleplay begins. :D I should have time to post later today. ^_^

Fox, if you haven't already started work on your post and don't already have an entrance for your character in mind I thought I should let you know that it would be totally in character and hilarious if Eli happened to be the guy passed out across the table from Andronica.

I'm on it boss!

Player Name
: Jalien Draconian

Character Name: Bindy Koala

Race: Cyborg Mutant Koala Bear

Appearance: Pretty much like this, except more cybernetic parts attached and less bubbly and shiny.

[SPOILI]
sands-of-destruction-534492.jpg
[/SPOILI]

Class: Cybernetic Warrior

Strengths: One of Bindy's core strengths isn't his robotic power, his weapons, his skill, or his intelligence module, but one of his best strengths is his cuteness and charm. And the back story, BRILLIANT! Everyone can feel sorry for a little koala bear after undergoing cybernetic surgery. Bindy often likes being the first out of many to make a move and follow his instincts. He doesn't think about consequences, instead he reminds himself what he has going for him, such as the cuteness factor, the hidden power inside his circuitry, and how much stronger on every level he is than organic foes. He is secretly a mastermind and a con artist, but he refuses to show that side of him publicly unless it benefits him somehow.

He uses his sob story of getting tortured and experimented on to his advantage to gain trust from others and receive reward in the end until he gets what he wants from them and drops em like a dime. He actually does know how to fight quite well when his cuteness and wit doesn't win. He contains various weapons inside his robotic arsenal such as a left hand that can turn into a flamethrower, a right eye covered with an eye patch that is actually a robotic eye capable of firing laser beams, ears that have supersonic hearing and radar, rocket boots, and a deadly plasma firing pistol inside his belly that he can puke up on command and swallow again when he no longer needs it for emergency situations. The star on his chest can also be removed and expanded into a titanium shield when he needs immediate protection.

Because Bindy is indeed a cyborg creature, he can take a pounding. Physical damage does little to him. Any kind of punching or kicking or direct contact with him is near useless to harm him. It has to be a magical or energy based attack to do any real damage. And it is the obvious since he is a cyborg, he has enhanced general strength. Oh, and he can upload, download, and share data, memories, and important elements of information from across the universe in limited amounts.

Weaknesses: Although he is packed with world class weapons, sensors, and gadgets, he can still be destroyed by other things. One of Bindy's life long weaknesses include no emotional circuit. Bindy cannot feel emotion which is why he is so conniving and such a con artist. He doesn't know what it means to feel, which means he cannot feel pain nor does he know when he's damaged or something needs repairing. Another weakness of Bindy's is, that because he is partially made of a type of metal, electrical devices, surges, power currents, and magnetic fields can hinder him useless and in a powered down state if he is directly struck by an electrical element or comes in contact with it in a physical stand point.

To repair himself he will need someone else to manually repower him or fix him. Again, since Bindy is a cyborg, he also needs power and energy to keep him alive and going. He can eat food and drink beverages like any normal being since he is also partially living material, but he also needs to refill his energy core, which is connected to his heart in a tiny ore once every few years. If the energy core is attacked or even slightly knicked he will surely die and never be able to come back to life without someone having full knowledge of his circuitry and who he is. The specialized time chamber Bindy arrived in has the only necessary functions needed to recharge, refuel, and repair Bindy when necessary. It is dire he be connected and taken to his chamber if he is on the verge of dying or deactivation. The chamber itself can no longer time travel, but it still has mountains of power to keep him running when need be.

Bindy, due to his conning and deviousness also makes enemies easily, alot of them, which makes him have to trick other beings into bringing him along on their journeys and other goals so he is never truly alone. But in this process he is also making them his future enemies. Due to his personality he cannot help but try to steal others things that are of value in his eyes, or at least try to reap any rewards he knows is coming that the individuals he travels with are working to gain in the long run for one reason or the other. Then he would split from the group and run off the moment they suspect anything.

More: Bindy doesn't really ever try to make friends. He always has good reasons to ever approach anyone. When those select few truly try to understand him, his missing emotional circuit will often malfunction causing him to run away or ignore the individual entirely. In rare cases, hurt them.

Personality: A con artist, tried and true. He makes no exceptions and does not change whom he is for anyone. He always has a purpose, to survive and collect things of value that will help him live a long and prosperous life. Money and wealth are one of the few that he desires so that he may live alone in peace and one day make himself fully organic again. He then wishes to rule a kingdom, and place punishment and judgment on those that do not follow his rules. He will usually stop at nothing to get what he wants, and that includes using every trick he knows to see that through.

Morals: Honestly, Bindy has no real morals. The only moral he stands by is survival at all costs, what he was engineered to go by since his merciless cybernetic development. And if that means lying, acting like something he isn't. and killing for his benefit he will do it.

History: Bindy was born a normal little koala bear once many years ago. He was living with his little koala family in a distant jungle on the planet Earth. He grew up and lived in the wild eating plants and climbing great heights to stay far from danger. One day, his jungle home suddenly caught fire and him and his family were forced to flee the brush and escape across the dangerous roads just on the edge of the jungle grounds. There were giant mechanical monsters, or, trucks, that drove that road back and forth many times. The day the jungle caught ablaze was a particular busy and dangerous day on the road nearby. It was harvest season for many local fruit, vegetable, agriculture, and wood cutting companies. Bindy was oblivious to this. He clung to his mother's back as she and his father began crossing that paved death path. All the sudden, a beaming set of lights shined on them and a loud whirring noise began fast approaching. In a flash a giant truck rammed poor Bindy and his family flying across the road.

Bindy survived, his family did not. Bindy was found an hour later by a local scientist gathering materials from the surrounding brush and observing creatures in the area for his experiments with medicine and technology. Luckily this scientist was not a maniac, he was experimenting for a good cause, to help animals live longer and survive harsh conditions such as a burning jungle. Bindy was taken to his lab and worked on right away by this mysterious scientist. After hours of operation Bindy could feel machines and screws and parts being fused with his bodily organs and taking over his nervous system. After what seemed like a whole day of operating, Bindy was sewn up and placed in a cage. He now had a voice module that could speak in the English language and dozens of new mechanical weapons and additions connected to his body. He felt weird at first, but slowly learned to enjoy it. After the scientist locked him up and went home to sleep for the night, Bindy found a way to escape his cage learning, adapting, and utilizing his new found body and powers faster than anyone could ever imagine, and blasted the cage door right off the hinges.

Before leaving the lab he was crafted in, Bindy had a burning desire to destroy it so no other beings can be made like he was. He wanted to be unique. Before he began setting fire to the place he saw a large capsule that shined brightly some feet away in the corner of the lab. He was then drawn to it like a moth to a flame. He was processed to have a love for shiny and valuable things, and he wondered what it was.

But little did he realize the scientist didn't actually go home quite yet, he had a hunch that his creation was going to be flawed and noticed Bindy's escape. The scientist activated a special time machine, the very machine Bindy was attracted to, with unique lighting and architecture to appeal to any curious eye. Once Bindy was close enough, the scientist pressed a small button on a computer console nearby the capsule and the door swung open and a magnetized current drew Bindy inside it. Quickly, the scientist shut the capsule door and typed in a random pattern of numbers sending Bindy backwards in time to a place where he can do little harm. The scientist had no idea where he sent his creation to, but he knew he trapped him in time to a place of fantasy, lore, and mystical imagination that Bindy may never be able to escape. In a strange new world now, Bindy never saw that scientist or knew what became of him again. All he wanted now was freedom, to survive, and to rule his own kingdom, his own way, and make those that disobey him pay dearly. He could remember his old home burning after his surgery, but that was it. Everything else was a blur. He was now out to do whatever he pleased, and to punish those that crossed him.

haha I like him I'll do my first post tomorrow sick right now

I'll confess I can't tell for sure whether that's an april fool's joke or not. The character seems very out of place in the setting we have so far, might have a bit of a hard time conning people considering koala bears don't usually talk or even walk into cities, and the flaw of needing repairs is much more serious than it sounds since most people don't have much mechanical knowledge, much less any of the electrical engineering that would be needed to repair something like him. He'll have a hard time finding weapons for his arsenal or any way to recharge energy unless eating and/or sunlight does that for him. Also, please explain how he got to this world from some version of Earth. I'll accept space ships and dimensional portals but you really need to explain how that happened, and why if possible.

I was wondering if it was ok or not. And no, certainly not an April Fool's joke. I just went off of what the first post of this OOC suggested, free form that can turn into Sci-Fi or what not, I didn't realize the IC was already made until after the fact. I can make an entirely new one I suppose, or I can edit what you see fit.

Honestly, I don't think it would take too much to fit this character in. We just need some plausible way for him to come from another, much higher-tech world or something. The more I think of it the more interesting it would be to see this guy stuck in a low-tech environment. Hmm...

I think there might be two barkeeps, counting the orc one introduced. Obviously Andronica would have imitated the human one in an effort to draw less attention to her Shifting. Or, wait..what if these are two different taverns? That could be interesting, eh? Eh? Anyone want to take up on that?

I think i get your drift good sir. Let me fiddle with it and then I will see if you agree

Okie dokie, it's edited to an extent I think you'd be fine with.

Okay, that's good. I think we can have some fun with that.
Heh heh heh. And now my "what if she imitates a sapient animal" question for Andronica has relevance. I'm presuming Shifter powers aren't made to deal with robotic parts because why the heck would they be, so she'd just become part koala and experience a temporary critical loss of empathy.

See? Maybe it was a good idea after all! :D

Grrrr. I should just stop claiming I'm going to post later in the day because it never seems to happen when I do. Oh well, expect it soon! Tonight is busy, but soooooon.

Xindaris, you played the character I made perfectly! Sadly, I don't think I did the same justice to Vivek.

Hello! This is a general roll call. If you're still around Iwaku, and you're still interested in this RP, please reply in this thread and tell me what the holdup is if you haven't posted IC. If you have posted IC, like me, that's great news. (And that doesn't include Fox, as we are speaking in private already.)

But in any case, please post here to let me know this doesn't need to go back into the graveyard.

Still in, though sadly won't be able to post much at all after this week. Was waiting on someone else.