Player x First Love (Skylightup and Lydia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Somewhere with no or few people, preferably."
Atia strangely didn't hesitate before getting into the car. Her friend most certainly wasn't going to drive her around, after all, and besides, although she had gotten a strange vibe from Isaac she had not gotten one that indicated he'd hurt her. She felt pretty safe, as a matter of fact.
"Although food does sound like a good idea. I'm starving."

Isaac nodded and started the car. "How about Italian food? I know this great restaurant on Sixth street."

Isaac drove to the restaurant. He jumped out of the car and opened Atia's door for her, smiling and holding his arm out to her. "This is alright, isn't it?"

"I love Italian."
Atia nodded and happily pulled herself out of the car, using his arm to do so. She sniffed the air and let out a soft, gentle sigh.
"You know it's a good place if it makes your stomach rumble before you even go inside."

Inside, Isaac tipped the hostess -- who was clearly flirting with him -- a clean fifty dollars in order to secure the best table in the restaurant. Isaac pulled Atia's chair out, pushed it back in when she was seated and sat down opposite her. "Will there be anything else?" asked the hostess, clearly directing the innocent question at Isaac only.

Isaac knew he was attractive. You couldn't make it through twenty-three years of life without realising what advantages you have, and Isaac thought of it as simply not wasting the gifts you were given when he used his pretty face to get what he wanted. Right now, Isaac wanted the hostess to leave. He rested his chin on his hand, leaned toward Atia and looked up, through his thick eyelashes, at the pretty hostess. He smiled, showing all of his white teeth, and said, "No thank you," he said smoothly. "That will be all."

The hostess seemed dazzled for a moment before she nodded and turned away. Isaac turned his gorgeous smile onto Atia, before straightening up and passing her a menu. "Wow, they've raised their prices," he muttered to himself. "What would you like?"

Atia took a long time to answer. She was too busy being dazzled. Not so much by him or his actions, though she did find those rather impressive, but at the restaurant itself. It seemed much like the party, way to fancy for her day to day life. She found it hard to believe some people actually did live like this all the time, and furthermore, that one was pursuing her. Or so she assumed, she seriously doubted he took her here because he thought she was that special. That said, she was still very flattered he would take her somewhere so high quality.
Atia's mind had instantly settled on the cheapest thing on the menu. Part from his words, part from her own instincts to do so.
"I'll have the Spaghetti."

Isaac raised an eyebrow at her answer while he studied the menu. He had expected her to pick the least expensive item, honestly. When their waitress -- who, like the hostess, was also quite pretty -- came to take their orders, Isaac dazzled her with another special smile and said, "One spaghetti bolognese, one lasange, and two raspberry sodas, please."

When she left, Isaac turned his smile onto Atia. "Well, where were we?" he said. "Tell me some more about yourself."

Atia brushed some hair out of her face and sighed. She knew it would eventually come to this, but she wasn't ready.
"Ah...ah... um..."
Eventually Atia just shrugged her shoulders and flung out her hands.
"I don't know. I'm not really all that interesting."

Isaac raised an eyebrow. "I beg to differ."

He did find her interesting. He liked how real she was compared to other girls he'd dated. He liked the difference between this girl and the rich Barbies he'd previously taken to dinner; they expected so much of him, when this girl was simply bewildered by the lighting over their table. It was a relief.

Their food came, along with a basket of garlic bread because it was an Italian restaurant, and a pitcher of the same raspberry soda Isaac had bought Atia at the party. He poured her a glass and handed it to her, before shaking salt on his lasagne. "Dig in," he said. "My friend is a very harsh food critic, and even she rated this place a seven out of ten. Sounds mediocre, but she works for the best food magazine in the state, so a seven is basically the equivalent of a Grammy award." Isaac took a bite of his lasange and savoured the rich flavour. "Mmm. Simply the best. Or, as they say in Italian, semplicemente il migliore."

"You speak French?"
And just like that, Atia was back under his spell. She took a bite of her food and let out a quiet sound of delight before continuing.
"That's so cool! I've always wanted to learn another language, but it's hard to find the time, you know? Do you know any others?

"My mother was big on education when I was growing up, and she was a linguistics major," said Isaac. "Along with the Italian course at my school, I was taught French, German, Spanish, Mandarin and Russian at home." Isaac wasn't trying to show off. He didn't consider his language ability as particularly impressive, so he never broke it out on the ladies. But he felt more natural and open with Atia. He wanted to tell her everything about himself. "And I studied in Japan for ninth grade so I know Japanese also."

Atia, meanwhile, had been counting all the individual languages on her hand. By the time he was finished, she was almost in too much shock to speak.
"That is amazing! Which one is your favorite?"
Though she was eating, and quite quickly at that, she was definitely much more interested in him than the meal. It was a situation most unusual for her. Usually, food always came first.

"Well, Russian and German sound terrifying, Japanese and Mandarin are very complicated to translate and Italian brings back memories of the stupid high school I went to," said Isaac, posing thoughtfully. "French is nice, but I'd have to say Spanish is my favourite, because it sounds very beautiful. Like you."

Isaac smiled warmly before sipping his soda.

A small smile crossed Atia's face. She was obviously flattered by the compliment he had displayed, but furthermore, she felt like he had not just used his words to compliment her. Something told her his choice, as well as his reasoning, was true.
"I don't know if I'd like learning Spanish, personally. I've always felt if I'm going to learn a language, I want to learn one that almost nobody knows. Kind of pointless in real life I suppose, but..."
Atia just shrugged, and continued eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.