1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I asked about your pets and what pets are the best but some of us are plant parents instead (me included).

Tell me about your plants, what type are they, are they fussy, how long have you had the plant? Do they soak up all of your attention, or can you forget about them somewhat?​

I have only 1 plant. He is a donkey tail succulent. He is cute and doing his best to grow bigger.

That's the only one for now. I get genuinely heartbroken when plants of mine end up perishing. Which has happened a lot. T____T; I don't have enough sunlight (I mean, it IS sunny here, but my apartment has such limit access--) or temperature control to offer, things like that... So I don't keep plants around as often as I used to. But then I learned there are low-maintenance house plants that can thrive well in the place I live. So I shall adopt some more plant babies in the near future that I can hang from the ceilings and stuff like that. <3 I love to care for plants! Whatever their needs and schedules may be, I do my best to stick to those routines so they can flourish.

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
PLANTS! Omg i love them and I have currently about 42 plants in my house. I still need more cause how else am I supposed to have a jungle in this place otherwise!

There is certainly a light issue at my house only cause when it gets cold here well we have less sunlight. So i have two UV spider arm lamps that are on timers so they turn on and off by themselves to give the leafy friends all the light! I am truly a plant fiend, though I lost a bunch a couple years ago when we were infested with mealybugs and they destroyed many of my plants. I could not save them no matter how I tried or what I did to curb the bastards. So I lost a 45ft golden pothos that I am now trying to have a new one. Sadly not as long as that was, but still healthy. And @Megasis sent me a Silver Pothos a while ago now that is a crazy monster that is trying to invade my fern and bamboo!

The plants in the living room
SnTtEJe.jpg

PfxwRnj.jpg

*insert little alien voices from toy story* Plaaaaaaaaaaaants 83

I love plants... my husband not so much, but we compromise. And finding a super cute local plant store in my area definitely fed my addiction as much as @Manna Beast did when I found out that was something we had in common lol Now I also want to show...

Plants.pngPlaaants.pngDis Cutie.png

That cutie baymax up there is a pot Manna gave me for my birthday last year and he looks like a hip dude with his green hair.

More Plaants.png
The best thing ever for my plants was investing in that spider arm UV lamp. I think it's red and blue light and that was a recommendation from Manna cause I told her I have similar issues of my plants not getting enough sunlight. We just live in a place without great windows. So the one downstairs where the small groupies are at is like the only option for natural light. It does wonders my plants looked so pitiful and now they look so much more happy! Lots of growth too like holy cow my golden pothos that was my mom's I've had such a hard time getting to grow, and now it's thriving. Manna is plant guru, thanks lady! 🤍

P.S. I'm sorry that silver pothos has no manners... bad silver pothos. Behave.

I ATTRACTED SOME PLANT PARENTS! I HAVE BIG WINDOWS WITH LOTS OF SUN COMING IN AND AM BAD AT KEEPING ANYTHING ALIVE, ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS PLANT NOOB?

I want to take care of plants since I don't have pets, but I'm also notoriously bad at keeping things alive. Growing up in a household where everyone has green thumbs would have one believe I'm somewhat capable, yet my track record so far has been rather sad. I usually try to go for plants that are easy to take care of and that I don't need to give too much attention to but only one has thrived so far.

There used to be a bellflower in my windowsill, but it didn't like me being gone for a week and died, sadly. The calathea (I named it Cala) is doing better, but I can't put it in my windowsill because it doesn't like direct sunlight and it doesn't like a draft. A shame, because I bought Cala BECAUSE I WANTED A PLANT THAT LIKES THE SUN. Alas, now Cala is in a corner in my bedroom, because that's the only place where there is no direct sunlight and where no draft can reach it. Sometimes I hear Cala open its leaves at sunrise and then I groan and tell Cala to stuff it. Sometimes, when I forget Cala it hangs its leaves and shrivels up, but then I give it some water again and Cala is all tall and pretty again, which is also when I call Cala dramatic.

I also bought a water mister for Cala as an extra treat because I do think it is very pretty and want to be better and talk to it lots in the hopes it will stop acting dramatic.

ALSO I LOVE THAT BAYMAX PLANT POT!!!

• Love
Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
What is the soil mixture, Nemo lol. You might have too acidic or basic soil for them to like it. Some plants are very particular about where they face in the light, or you might be watering them wrong. lol you might have to ask me for more details on discord and I can help a little bit!

Though you Cala, are you giving it distilled water? That might help, it may not like the water you are using. They like to have moist soil but not drenched. And don't leave it sitting in water, its not a big root drinker like an african violet would be. Plus they like humidity too so it might be too dry for it where you have it when its being dramaticXD

Also spider plants and snake plants are stupid easy plant to take care of.

When I started expanding the plant collection, I was being hyper vigilant about what plants I was getting. I was like 'okay they need to be at least partial sun cause I know I can't get good light indoors'. So I would do all this research being like aha! this has to be a good one! Aaand then it would die. Rinse and repeat. Notoriously easy plants to take care of I would get and they would die.

So now I don't even bother x'D When I go to the greenhouse, if I like something I just get it and see how it goes. Especially since most of the plants I get aren't terribly expensive. I'm usually buying the wee baby ones that are like $5 so if they die I'm not spending and arm and a leg. My soul still hurts but at least my wallet doesn't.

Not that this is terribly great advice... defs reach out to Manna for her advice. But really I wouldn't think about it terribly much. Sometimes you'll have the best luck on the plants you thought you'd have the least amount of luck with. Also I defs am typical with overwatering my plants... too much love and affection is smothering apparently ;.;

I also love the baymax pot heeheee