Planning Ahead (Kitsune + Lamia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiori's eyes followed the box as Anari snatched it away with her tail. She was really good with that thing. She shook her head.

"No no, not just a ring! A wedding ring! One of the guys we robbed was gonna propose to their true love!" Her attention turn to her necklace, slipping it off to examine it.

"Oh nooo, and this came from the same bag. It must've been a gift too..." She drooped momentarily, before steeling herself.

She took off her necklace and put it back in the backpack.

"We should return this." Now Shiori was talking crazy.

Anari raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "Oh come on. Like they would accept it back from us. They will probably just try and shoot me, or crush my ribs. It's pointless." She said, keeping her hand away. "Besides, how are we even going to find out which one of the people owned this. Even then you are going to have to do it on your own because as soon as they see hide or tail of me they are going to flip." Anari said, gently tugging the ring off and putting it in the box. Just the thought of the other people that were going to be all happy and in love made her mood droop, along with her shoulders. She was so happy with the ring too.

"But that ring has the sum of all their love inside of it! They probably really miss it..."

She hoisted the backpack and began searching it. "There miiiight be something that could... ah, here!"

She pulled out a wallet, fumbling through it. There were a few cars. ID, sweet.

"Charles Fimbani. Ah, photos! Lesse, pale skin, straight, blonde hair, about mid-length... brown little button eyes... oh, say he's 5'11. ...Oh!"

A string of folded up photos flopped from the wallet. Seemingly, they were a bunch of photos taken at some cheap novelty photo booth. At least she had a good look of the woman's face. Maybe they'd be together.

She smirked, it was all coming together. Except she glanced up at Anari, who was definitely devastated by the revelation. Shiori frowned. She didn't want to leave Anari the way she was.

Shiori had to take Anari with her.

"Hey, you said you wanted to explore town more, right? Come with me, we'll figure something out! I'll buy you a better ring! One with more sparkle! And it'll be from me, making it extra premium special!~"

Anari looked at Shiori, and then the ring in the box. Sighing, she let her tail gently push the box back into the bag. "Alright. Take it back. I'm sure there is something else." She mumbled to herself, looking crestfallen.

Anari knew Shiori could probably sense her disappointment. It was hard not to. For a walled off person Anari sure did tell a lot through her body language. Coiling her body around herself, Anari continued to search while Shiori looked for the ID's of the people. Considering she had gone silent for a bit Anari gathered that she had. "Great, go ahead and leave then. I'll be here." she mumbled, continuing to look through the bag.

What she hadn't expected was Shiori suggesting that Anari go with her. Snapping her head up, Anari wrapped her arms around herself. "No way. I mean, it's a nice offer but there is no way I could even get anywhere close to down. They would probably drive me out with pitchforks, or worse they might attack you too." she said, heaving a sigh. "Just go on without me." She mentioned, moving away from the chest and back towards the rocks.

"Ah, wait!" Shiori called, pacing to catch up with her, clutching her shoulders gently. Anari had several inches on her right now, so she had to stand on her tippie-toes to make eye-contact. Even then, she had to look up a bit.

"Listen, I know you had bad run-ins with people. I know you're scared. But I want you to see what's out there, too! Remember the last time we went into town? No one bothered us then!"

Though, they certain drew attention. Anari in a dress was... interesting. She made for a very big, very tall woman with the dress as a disguise. Still, it was, so far, the only way they had to wander the streets without causing a ruckus. It's worked out so far, though; Shiori knew how to deflect attention.

She smiled, her hands clenching to massage her shoulders a bit. "It'll be okay, I swear. I'll need you with me, too, I could use a second pair of eyes. You'll pick the ring we get, and... and then we'll hit the beach! You'll love that!"

She didn't want Anari cooping herself here by this lake for the rest of her days. Part of her worried if humans ever came so far out and ran her out. Would she be okay moving someplace else?

Humans were everywhere... the best you could do was co-exist with them.

Anari looked down at her partner, before glancing away. Shiori was trying her darnest to get her out in the town with her. Anari did not want to go, but she was making it so hard to resist. Looking back down at her, Anari gave a sigh of resentment.

Anari didn't want anything to happen to Shiori. If she went out on her own, something might. And Anari might never be able to see her again. Heaving a sigh, Anari shook her head. "Fine, I'll go." She said, offering up a soft smile. "But if anything happens I am taking us both out of there. And I won't apologize for any collateral damage I may cause." she said sternly, offering a small smile at the end of it.

"Now get the bag and let's get going. We have a ring to return. And then off to the beach we go."

Shiori lit right up as Anari finally relented. "YAY! Thanks Annie, you're the best!" In her elation, she gave Anari a cute little nickname, bouncing up and down with jubilation.

Her eyes glinted with determination. "We'll track down the lovebirds and set them back on course for a long and happy life together! I'm so excited!" She bubbled on as she went to hoist the back pack. Shiori had a very romantic view about marriage, so going back to set things right was, of course, important to her. She was just happy Anari decided to come with.

"Do you need a hand with what you're wearing?" Shiori inquired, with a tilt of her head.

Anari narrowed her vision at the girl. "Don't call me that in public or I will crush your ribs." She said, though she wasn't being to serious. She did not like the nickname, but at the same time she couldn't strangle the girl. She was all the company she had.

Moving herself back over to the small cave, Anari ducked inside and walked behind the rock. Pulling the overly large dress out, she quickly flung off her current clothes and started to put the other ones on. "I might need a little help making sure all of me is inside." She said, using her tail to zip the back before trying to coil her massive tail underneath her. Easily Anari grew another two feet, and there was still a lot of her mass hanging out. "A little help?"

"Ha!" Shiori laughed from her belly, snorting a bit. Worth a shot at least. She had finished closing up the backpack.

"Yeah, sure thing! One sec!" She jogged over, kneeling down to make sure the zipper was done all the way. Her eyes turned to the tail that continued to hang out. Boy, it looked heavy. She raised part of the skirt, with the intention to guide more of the tail underneath, only to find there was a few layers of tail piled up underneath.

She raised her head to look up at Anari, already several feet taller than her. She tilted her head quizzically. "You sure you're okay moving around like this? We can always get you wrapped up a little closer to town."

Anari looked down at Shiori, who seemed perplexed that she was in all this stuff. Nodding, Anari sighed. "I have one coil running along the bottom to move me along, everything else is piled on top of that. Not exactly comfortable but it works. Just really shove it under there. There should be enough room. I hope." She said, looking at Shiori.

"I'll be fine. It's not that far. Besides, it's much easier than trying to scoot along pavement. I'll be fine." she said, resting a hand on Shiori's shoulder. She was almost freakishly tall by now, and Anari sighed. "Well this is as normal as I get. Ready to go?" She asked.

"Roger!" Shiori saluted, tucking the rest of the tail under the dress, before pulling the fabric back a bit to obscure as much of it as she could. It was a heavy thing, and she huffed a bit and struggled to move it on her own. Anari seemed to nudge it along though by herself. Satisfied, Shiori flexed her muscles a bit, before bouncing to her feet to come up to Anari's side.

"Onward to adventure!~" She cheered with a fistpump. She turned to Anari, and marveled that how she could only make eye contact with what was approximately Anari's waist.

She grinned as she leaned her head back, taking a few steps aside to get a better look. She whistled. "Wow! How's the weather up there? Lemme know if we get rained on." She teased light-heartedly. She didn't much care for getting wet.

Anari smiled, and nodded a thanks, before they started moving forwards. Anari had to struggle to keep the rest of her tail from moving around too much. Having a squirming dress wasn't really all that normal. Seeing Shiori flex her muscles, Anari chuckled.

"oh my knight in shining armor, what would I do without you." she teased lightly, before they continued out into the brush.

Looking down at her compadre, Anari rolled her eyes. "If we get rained on you can not hide under my skirt. If you try I will personally strangle you. Not hard to do when the bust of the dress is filled with snake coils." She mumbled, smiling at her.

"Ha! Coming from you, that's like, a great big bear hug! ...Snake hug?" She wondered, before shrugging.

"I'm jealous, though. I gotta try wayyyy harder to pull off that whole elegance thing like you do. Maybe it's in the swaying hips..." She gently tugged at the fabric of the dress. "And, and, tall girls are amazing, y'know? Gonna get a lot of fans out there today!~"

Shiori wasn't exactly petite herself. A little on the short side, but... right now Anari must've had a foot on a basketball player. Seeing them side by side was pretty comical, really.

Anari rolled her eyes. "If I put effort into it I might choke you." She said, her tail sneaking out to prod the woman in the side before sneaking back under the hem.

"Well it's not easy when you have 20 feet of snake coils either. The naturally moving part of you helps though. And besides, men like short women better. They think it establishes dominance, and cuteness. You will be winning all their hearts in no time. You will probably have more than me." She jested, grinning at her friend.

True, walking side by side did give a good comparison, but at the same time she liked it like this. She almost wanted to hold her hand. Like it was a date or something. 'But that would be childish.'

Shiori jumped a bit as she felt the tail poke her, giggling abruptly. That tickled! She rubbed the spot where she was prodded, look aside to Anari.

"Heh, cute, huh? I can do cute. Orrrr..."

*POOF*

In a puff of smoke, Shiori had transformed into a whole different woman! With flowing, golden locks of hair, a brilliant satin purple coat, white breeches and stockings clinging tightly to her curvaceous flowing legs end in a pair of shiny black shoes. At the end of her sleeves and around her neck were exaggerated red cuffs that seemed to give the impression of size, also elaborately ordained in gold and silver lacing. A stripped red and blue sash flowed from her right shoulder to her opposing hip. She looked like she was ready for adventure, and to look fabulous doing it.

Her fur had also given way to pale, smooth, doll-like skin, devoid of any imperfections. She raised the back of her hand to her mouth to laugh as a stereotypical noble would.

"Ohohoho! Lady Hendricka Appelhoff, Countess of Champagne! A distinguished, fair lady of refined culture, who goes wherever she whims!" She waved an ornate fan in front of her as she spoke, her tone rising and falling like the tide.

She peered over the fan and winked over in Anari's direction. That cheeky look and toothy grin... just Shiori in there, letting her friend in on the act, as it were.

Anari stared at Shiori, a puzzled look on her face. With a poof, the woman was back into another disguise. This one got under her scales a little bit. She had such long curvatious legs, and a stunning outfit. And here Anari was in a huge stuffy dress with all her coils underneath it. There was no hope that Anari would ever have legs.

Rolling her eyes, Anari's shoulders slumped again. "Whatever Shiori. Let's get this done." She sighed heavily, looking around them. She still felt saddened by this whole thing. The day was putting her down in the dumps. From the leg flaunting, to the changing, to the newfound gorgeous hair, Anari envied Shiori in every way at the moment. And having her friend try to put on an act in the middle of the jungle didn't really help that much.

"...Eh? Eheh heh... ehh..." She laughed nervously, winding down her previously energy.

As Anari turned away, Shiori (or Hendricka) deflated a little bit. She had a whole routine planned to try and clown around a bit. It was her favourite for just messing with idiot humans. She even had an idea for how to cast Anari, but...

Her forlorn expression was enough to communicate that this wasn't the best time. And she knew why, or could take a really educated guess at least.

Biting her lip, she looked forward, before snapping her fan shut.

*POOF*

"Whim didn't stick. Countess wasn't feeling it, I guess." Shiori muttered. She was back to her old self, rubbing the back of her head. No theatrics or makeup. No point parading that around, though the damage had been done. "Would draw too much attention, anyway. Stupid idea."

She sighed. "I'll figure something out when I get there." She tilted her head down.

Anari felt bad as soon as Shiori had put herself back to normal. She had been overly harsh, maybe. Or maybe a bit too melodramatic. Shiori deserved to be happy, not just Anari. Besides, bringing Anari out of her mope wasn't going to happen until they got to the beach, or wherever they ended up going.

Sighing, Anari looked at Shiori. "You can play her if you want. There isn't anything stopping you. I don't want to be in the way of you having fun. Besides, Hendrika does look, nice on you." Anari said carefully, trying to make her words not sound like she was trying to get with Shiori. Friendship was not something she wanted to ruin.

"Just because I am down in the dumps doesn't mean you don't have to have fun. Go ahead. Besides, us both being ridiculous helps us fit together more." She added, looking down at her. "And don't you dare argue with me I am trying to do something nice so take it." She said, looking away from her companion in embarrassment.

"...Eh... thanks, but..." Shiori still felt pretty bad about making Anari feel the way she did, even with her assurances. It wasn't really fun to her anymore, if it made Anari feel like garbage. She rubbed her shoulder awkwardly, hesitant to even humour the idea.

These thoughts evaporated as Anari's voice cracked a little in embarrassment. Shiori turned her head to find that Anari was hiding her face. Her eyes widened, the realization dawning on her.

"Hey, are you blushing??" She whispered. Shiori grinned giddily. "Jeez, Anari, you're such a goofball sometimes. You're super cute when you're bashful.~" She winked cheekily.

She nudged Anari in the side gently, getting a little closer. Her hand hovered for a bit, hoping she could wrap her arm around her back all pal-like, but... Anari was a bit out of arm's reach. She settled for around the waist, rubbing it a bit. It was meant to be comforting.

"Don't worry about it. I'm over it, really. Besides, if we were really going for ridiculous, I'd gussy up as one of those tacky tourists. You know the ones.~" She snickered.

Anari looked over at Shiori as she mentioned her blushing. Her cheeks turning a even darker shade of red, Anari looked away, struggling to find a place to look that didn't make her cheeks burn. Shiori wasn't exactly helping that considering she complemented her again.

Looking down at Shiori, who was trying to find a place to put her hand, Anari squeaked a bit as she felt her hand on her waist. Looking down at her, Anari raised an eyebrow. "If you keep doing that, people will think you're flirting." Anari pointed out, her cheeks still red. Sometimes her friend could be a little oblivious, so pointing it out might return the favor of being embarrassed. "But thanks, I appreciate you thinking of me when you do transform." Anari said, pressing her index fingers together nervously.

Status
Not open for further replies.