Planning a Roast (UPDATED: 12-12-2014)

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Brovo, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Updated: 12-12-2014.

New roast upcoming this Sunday (the 14th) starting at noon Mountain Time. That's 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, or 2 PM Eastern Standard Time each respectively in North America.

If you want in the roast, let me know in this thread, or over Skype.

For those who aren't aware of what a roast is yet: A roast is when I and a bunch of others get together on Skype, read some role plays, and dissect their plots and characters for the purpose of entertainment and learning. People can suggest RP's to be roasted, and so on. There's a few hard rules, such as never making personal attacks against other people, never publicly criticizing the role plays (especially in the OOC's of said role plays), et cetera. Basically: While satire, sarcasm, and dry wit, are fully acceptable, personal attacks and the like are not.

A couple of additional rules have been added, specifically to address a couple of issues I saw with the previous one.

#1: No matter how humorous it might be, do not harass members of the site no matter how inflammatory their content might be. If you find it really concerning and think it breaks the rules of the site, report it, don't harass the member in question. Let the staff do their jobs. I've been fairly lenient on this because it hasn't resulted in any really negative reactions so far, but I can't keep being lenient because publicly gathering to read role plays for comedy and education shouldn't end with public shaming. That's disgraceful and I'm ending that. If you get caught doing this repeatedly, you'll be permanently barred from the roasts.

Now if you get curious about an RP or a character and want to talk to an author about it, that's fine. Just no harassment. Anyone who feels like they have been harassed, feel free to send me a PM. I'll deal with it personally and anonymously for you should that be a problem, though I would like to add one positive note, that it hasn't been a problem yet. Which is pretty good for mass gatherings of people, but we've had a close call or two, so I'm putting this rule down preemptively for everyone's sake. I cannot stress this enough: No public shaming.

#2: If you're in the Skype call, keep in mind your environment. If you're surrounded by noisy objects, please mute your microphone. The text chat is still available for you to use and you won't deafen everyone with headsets (such as myself). This is more of a courtesy thing than a hard rule.

That aside, I would like to note with pride that the roasts have not only been greatly entertaining (CHARMANDER!) but that the vast majority of the time, everyone new and old has been doing exceptionally well treating role plays and role players with respect and kindness, and apparently a lot of people have been learning all sorts of stuff from the roasts. So congratulations everyone in the past couple of roasts, pat yourselves on the back, you've been doing good work being decent human beings.

Now, shall we get started, and find out who can climb the criminal ladder like a person who's really good at climbing ladders?

#1 Brovo, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  2. @Brovo

down for this.

EDIT: if its 7 pm where i am at the time of this posting, what time is it in Canada?

3. 5:02 PM Mountain Time. One hour ahead of Pacific Standard Time, two hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

4. Damn it, I'm on GMT+1 (or maybe it's GMT now during winter saving hours.. I don't know, it confuses me -_-') and at that time I'll be at a party :( Oh well, hopefully I can join in next time. Have fun guys.

5. how did i get friday (today) mixed up with saturday (tomorrow)

to quote Brovo:

gud jobbu

slow clap

6. I'm game for this.

7. I came in here expecting a glorious Boston butt... :C

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm down for pound town.

9. I'd love to join except... My dad won't let me have a skype...

10. I'm so in for this @Brovo , I'll just have to try hard to make sure I'm home XD But if anything I'd be able to jump in a tad late, so please do toss me into the chat~

11. Excellent! Now I just have to remember who you are on Skype! xD

• Thank Thank x 1
  12. XD shinyumbreon3618~

13. Who is the lucky person?

14. Thread. It's always a thread. Unless a person volunteers themselves to be sacrificed to the unholy alters of constructive criticism. Though we'd have to be careful about that.

15. Roast is over! This is for everyone who participated, however, to ease their minds after a certain character was encountered. (@Diana included, even though you weren't in the call, you got subjected to it too.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Best night in a loooong ass time.

Thanks for wasting my evening with more laughter than I knew what to do with.

17. I look forward to more, Brovo.

18. you havent been apprehended by mounties yet?

FIX THIS

#clopclopneighclopclopneighlolixhorse+charizardonetruethreesome

19. [​IMG]

20. i was like:

[​IMG]