Planet Metron (a Metroid roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited the sheet according to your comments. Appearance has been refined, bio has been expanded slightly, and suit changed to a functionally identical suit.

I just said that they know it works how it's supposed to....

"They really told you nothing did they? Fuzon has been in development since The development of PEDs((which was over 50 years ago)), we know it works on creatures in the same way Phazon did, even Metroids.

Last edited:
I have added images of Phazon Metroids and Hopping Metroids to the OP, I will add other images with each new specie discovered

No one in their right mind would ask that

Who said she was in her right mind? C'mon, this is a RP. It's boring if there's no-one crazy.

Then she definitely wouldn't be on this mission, let alone the galactic federation military. Don't give me this "we need something interesting" crap when the RP is a Research mission, this is about exploration, learning, adventure, and discovery, it should be interesting enough as it is. I don't want to be asked question after question when you are supposed to learn these things through the RP. Have a look around, scan some things. Maybe pay attention to the plot that is happening around you.

That is still a thing but it isn't the Main thing.

I believe that this is my GM style speaking. Most roleplays are where you find yourself in a setting and talk and eventually progress through plot. But I put plot and structure first, character to character interaction is not the main priority. It's like a video game, I built the world for you, go explore its wonders.

Treat it like a puzzle, learn new things with each other and collaborate with the team to figure out what it all means, that is your character interaction.

Asking question after question is not character interaction, it's just trying to squeeze as much information out of me as you can in a way that I can't just say, no, that's a silly thing to ask or simply I don't know.

I mean, your character just seems like a complete ditz. Which makes my character (and seemingly Gg's character) question the reason she is here. Not to the end that it's mysterious and foreshadowing but that she seems unqualified.

Last edited:
Yeah.

If you were a government op, you would have gone through intense psychological training, and there would have been tests before you went.

Also, questioning the entire foundation of the RP isn't 'interesting' it's just a little bit tedious.

This should clarify EVERYTHING

In the end I'm asking you to get rid of the absolutely ridiculous question you posed.

Domesticating Metroids? That's like domesticating an invulnerable robot programmed to kill everything on sight.

Fine, fine, party poppers. You DO know that the mark of a truly great GM is to be able to deal with a non-railroaded RP though right?

This is non-railroaded, its an open world, that should be clear when I said that we are free to split up.

Railroaded does not limit itself to plot lines. By asking me to change my character's reaction, it was another form of railroading by avoiding inconvenient questions. I can see a plethora of ways you could have worked around that without disrupting the flow of anything.

If you are talking about railroads then you derailed the whole roleplay. IF you told me in your application that your character was "not in their right mind" I wouldn't have accepted it. You should have included this fact in your application. It's really not helpful if you just throw the label "Classified" all over your app.
There was absolutely no way I could have answered that question in a way that didn't make me kick your character out of the mission, or at the very least treat your character like a goddamn two year old. I had to ask you to pull that question.

In fact here is what I would have posted:
Captain Sullivan got up and stared directly at Diaonea "Did you seriously just say that? After all the people that died from those things? The only reason Samus captured Subject "Baby" was because it imprinted on her as it's mother, and then she put it safely into a container in order to keep it from hurting anyone and herself, she only spared it because of its research potential, otherwise she would have destroyed it like the rest. You can't domesticate those things, are you insane? The sheer thought brings up visions of genocide." Captain Sullivan paused for a minute and then said "I don't care what Galactic Federation High Command said, You are too unqualified to join on this expedition, get out of my sight"

You just cant say something stupid about something and think you can do a whole research project on it.

That's like asking "Is this ok to eat?" when in a biology lab working with cultivating dangerous bacteria

Last edited:
You could have went MANY ways. You could have interpreted it as a joke, dismissed it with an insane look, or even replied with another joke like "Yeah sure, and then we'll farm them for steaks right?". Or hell, to dodge the question you might even made SOMETHING happen, like a flock of hopper metroids come and almost overturn the truck, or even you could have said "Enough with the questions, we have things to do".

Also, you said it yourself: I could have derailed the RP. The fact that I could derail it proves it was on rails.

Also, it's not because she's not entirely in her right mind that she's stupid. In her right mind she'd be extra serious. She knows what she has to do, she's just a prankster that likes telling jokes and getting reactions out of people.

That's nice

Look man, just get on with the rp please, I've already had a hard time getting this rp going. I really don't need this crap. I wasn't even supposed to be playing in the RP anyway, just directing it.

I did edit it, and replied after that. Sorry if you took my messages wrong; I was not ranting, just trying to give you tips (I'm bad at this, aren't I?). Let's go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.