3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
PLAGUE

A final black death was upon the world, and its name was Armis.

Its origin remains unclear. Like most pandemics, it spread with seemingly little ease. Harmless at first, but soon evolving into something far more sinister - and lethal. By the time scientists developed a viable cure, millions had fallen to its wide-reaching arm. Millions more followed in the coming days, and in the wake of desperation and weakening social structures, anarchy loomed at the forefront.

The end days were upon them.

Panic swept through the nations. The modern nations swiftly closed down their borders, but it was too late. In a matter of months, countries dissolved into chaos as the diseased outnumbered the healthy, and in a desperate attempt to protect themselves, the healthy retreated behind the thick walls surrounding cities. Those who were unlucky enough to be left outside soon fell into vicious brutality in order to stay alive. As the world devolved into the throes of primordial savagery, humanity quickly learned nature’s first lesson.

Eat or be eaten. Kill or be killed.

Survival of the fittest.

The savages took what they had no right to; laying claim to both land and people alike, they ravaged the former U.S. in their violent wars for supplies and territory.

What was left of civility hunkered down within the main city bunkers and strongholds. Somewhere out there the shambles of government still functioned, though it was anyone’s guess who was at the helm anymore. Hope was a fleeting construct that came and went, and as former Americans continued to prey upon fellow men, a grim realization became clear.

America was dying. It needed a cure, and quickly.

The final issue from the president came to what was left of the U.S. Army soon after, and the message was clear, to both citizen and soldier alike:

Reclaim what was ours. Take back the country.

After all - we’re all that stands against the end of humanity.

GM NOTE:

The setting for this rp is the year 2021, roughly two years after Armis has ravaged the western hemisphere. As Reapers - hardened civilians joined with the remnants of the U.S. Army - your task is to reclaim U.S. territory by any means necessary, as well as cure any survivors found in your path. America will be brought back to its former glory - whether with its citizens cooperation or not. Some things to note:
  • 6-8 players will be accepted for this rp.
  • Posting requirement is weekly to biweekly.
  • Artwork will be required for character pictures.
  • No reserves will be accepted for slots.
In addition: The darker themes of post-war atrocities will potentially be explored during our journey. Topics such as murder, assault, torture, etc. may come up at some point in the rp, and I just want to warn anyone if that’s not your cup of tea.

I'd be interested.

Reactions: Kuno
Count me in for interest.

Hi. This sounds fun.

Hey, thanks for the interest, everyone! I'll be getting a discord up soon. I'll let this thread marinate for a bit longer before setting up a sign-ups :^)

Still accepting? ^-^

try this one! and thanks for letting me know. I forgot they expire after a day

Hello! Lore thread is up. Sign-ups are soon to follow.

Clicky.

Reactions: Raven
Annnnnnnnnd sign-ups are up! Go ham.

Click me.