4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural

original.jpg

IC || Info Dump || Character Index

• When the first body washed up on the shores of Florida, hardly anyone noticed. It was the age of oblivion for America and its citizens, a time where fun and exciting made the news, but news without the rose-tinted glasses were a turn-off. So it was no surprise that the 14 year old girl found dead on the beach barely caused a stir. "Teenage girl found dead on the beach" was the tiny bulletpoint dedicated to her on the fourteenth page of the newspapers. It took less than an hour to tag and bag her, to slip a number around her neck and cast her off as nothing. But she wasn't nothing. And if the medical examiner hadn't been tired, if he hadn't already been rushed by superiors, perhaps he would've noticed that unusual blooming of rashes on the girl’s fingers, and perhaps the future would have turned out vastly different. But alas, it did not. The medical examiner was careless, and as he began to lock up the lab for the night, he started to cough.

"The Cold Plague" was the headline for next month's article read. Everywhere you went, there were people sniffling, coughing, and understandably miserable. It seemed like the common cold had gripped America in its hold, and there wasn't one household that was free from red-nosed victims. Doctors were baffled as to the cause of this. Eventually, they blamed it on "rampant allergies" and bad diets, and with a heavy prescription of Tylenol, the world moved on in its self-imposed oblivion. And it was during this period of ignorance that more bodies began to surface on the beach. Where they came from, no one knew; but their sudden appearances coincided strongly with the sudden civil warfare on the island of Cuba. The news speculated whether these victims were the result of this war. Some, however, thought something more sinister was afoot. A man named Dr. Kevin Armis was the first to fully investigate the bodies. As the U.S. prepared to send troops to Cuba, Dr. Armis studied the washed-up bodies in detail, recording all his findings in audio tracks that would later be dubbed Genesis files. The more he examined, the more he realized that The Cold Plague was not simply a cold at all; it was something first. Immediately, he set off for the White House, desperate to report his findings in person. Unfortunately, he never made it there; police later found his car wrapped around a lamppost due to an “unknown cause”. His tapes, on the other hand, managed to make it into the hands of the President. But by then, it was too-late. The troops had already landed in Cuba. And what they saw were bodies. Carnage. And the shuffling forms of half-dead victims.

Another black death was upon the world, and its name was Armis*.

Panic swept through the nations. The modern nations swiftly closed down their borders, but it was too late; refugees from Cuba and other poorer countries had been steadily pouring in beforehand, and almost all of them had some form of Armis. In a matter of months, countries were dissolving into chaos as the diseased outnumbered the healthy, and in a desperate attempt to protect themselves, the healthy retreated behind the thick walls surrounding cities. Those who were unlucky enough to be left outside soon devolved into violent savagery in order to stay alive. And in some places, whole regions were consumed by Armis. For many months, scientists worldwide struggled to come together and find a cure. Many died in the process; the ones who lived were on the verge of death before they finally finished the first viable cure for Armis. Not a moment passed before the cure was used to treat patients. It took one year for the cure to be administered to all infected people living within the walls. But the infected outside walls were still there, waiting to be cured; the only problem was how to effectively cure areas of land. The first officials who were sent out were killed by both infected and savages alike. It took another failed attempt for humans to realize that they needed to put their heads together and find a way to make this work. Otherwise, the death of mankind was imminent. Plan after plan was trashed, hurled out, and miserably balled up in the corner before a unique idea was shared. And that was the night that they stumbled onto something great, something that would impact the lives for untold future generations.

That was the night the Reapers were born.

*named after Dr. Kevin Armis

• They arrived on the cusp of a new era. Male, female, young, old, ex-soldier to retired teacher—they became one and the same in the armor-clad ranks of the Reaper Corps. Anyone was welcome to join, and based on skills and physical capacities, you would either be placed in the field or work with training recruits, as well as helping with the production of cure serums. The ones in the field (these being the ones who actually bear the name Reaper) were up against a colossal task. Each unit of Reapers—made of six persons each—would be assigned a large region to “canvass”, this roughly translating to: “clearing the land of all infection”. Whether this be by extermination or through the cure depended on who or what lived in each territory. But it was always stressed that saving a life was the ultimate goal.

The most efficient unit out of all sixteen was Unit 14. Where other units started to fall apart at the sign of trouble, Unit 14 only became more unified, managing to work as one cohesive part in doling out cures. They single-handedly cleared out three territories in six months, whereas the average unit cleared out one in the same amount of time. It was a success story that was used to recruit the willing all over the country. But sadly, tragedy struck. In a horrific freak-accident, the team became infected and consequently stranded in their territory. It took a week for another unit to respond to their distress call, but by then it was too late; one member had already died, and another was severely injured. This was a crushing blow to the Reapers infrastructure. The members of Unit 14 were nearly impossible to replace, and the Reaper Corps had leaned heavily on them to rescue civilians. So it was with great resistance that Unit 14 was recently called back into action. While their physical injuries have been minor, the wounds the experience have left on their minds is still fresh. Nonetheless, they are called to action once again, by their superiors, the people, and the cries of the unaided men and women outside the walls. Somehow, the members of this unit have to find a way to be whole once again—no matter the cost.

• GENERAL RULES

As are the criteria for all rps, follow all site rules. This needs no further explanation. Violation of these rules will result in immediate expulsion from the role-play.

I expect all posts to be grammatically coherent. Also, since this will be an Advanced role-play, I expect at least three paragraphs or more.

No reserves! Only way you can get the role is a fight to the death.

SPECIFIC RULES

This role-play will be using animated images, not face claims. Please make sure your image properly portrays your character’s age as well as anything you mention in your skeleton. Also, I would like realistic anime or realistic images.

*Please read through the character descriptions thoroughly. They pretty much define what your relationships are with certain characters, and I expect to be shown either in your skeleton or in your rp. If there are characters that you’re no quite sure of the relationships, you can always discuss it later when positions are locked in.

And that's pretty much it. If issues come up, then I guess I'll...idk, kick you or something :/ And I know the posting style for this thread is very bland and I apologize. I'm not tech-savvy at all. You'll have to go to the Iwaku veterans for a prettier thread.

• THE DIRECTOR || LUMEN WILLIAMS || KUNO

A typical assignment for a Reaper unit takes anywhere from three months to a year. Over such a long period of time, it would be nearly impossible to achieve without some needed leadership, and this leadership is provided by The Director. While presiding over the unit, she is expected to make the final decisions on various matters, as well as direct them for the next course of action. Before the accident, she was training to become a director under the deceased old Unit 14 director; however, his bad judgement--which indirectly caused Unit 14's accident--caused the team to lean more heavily on her direction. Unfortunately, the accident changed things. Where the other team members only received minor scars and injuries, she has lost some function in her legs. This development means that she will no longer be able to go out in the field with her team, which is a disadvantage for them. Losing this key part of her life has caused her to retreat into her shell somewhat.

THE CONTAINMENT MAN || MALE

Everyone knows that the ultimate goal of the Reapers is to cure and save as many people as they can. But it would be unrealistic to assume that everyone in the world can be saved. For the times when reality hits hard, The Containment Man is there. His job is to make sure that the territory is clear of infection, as well as clearing out dead bodies and torching incurable areas. He also makes the final call on whether a region is cleared yet, a job he is incredibly adept at. Before his last mission, he was widely known to be the fastest Containment man out there, clearing out areas in two months flat. But after finding out that he was actually the source of the Armis infection that derailed their last mission, he has become slower and more cautious. In things where he used to be more confident, he has now become somewhat hesitant. While it's true that they are immune to Armis, he is afraid of another mishap occurring on his watch. He and the Tech Expert were once an item, but what occured during the accident has put tension between them.

THE CATCHER || FEMALE

One of the hardest parts of clearing out areas is tackled by The Catcher. Armis victims are known to be insane and extremely paranoid, making them difficult to administer the cure to. It is the Catcher's job, then, to root them out and deliver them for their treatment. This job varies in difficulty depending on the patient. The lower stages can usually be reasoned with to get their cure; others are more violent and must be forcibly restrained or even trapped like animals (thus dubbing this position the nickname "human tamer"). The Catcher, then, must be patient, able to calm down belligerent victims, and fast to catch the runaways. When she became infected by her, she deluded herself into thinking that everyone was trying to kill her, and this prolonged paranoia has placed a strain on her psyche. Irrational as it might be, this has caused increased awareness of her surroundings, despite the fact that the Executionr is protecting her. She is constantly watching her back.

THE EXECUTIONER || MALE

In writing, this seems like the simplest of the Reaper roles. The Reaper Corps. handbook states that The Executioner is tasked with "ensuring the safety of all present." However, there is more included with that. This person must enforce the security of the team and secure the perimeter, making sure that there are no surprises from TFGs or savages. Not everyone is up for this job. This position is often filled with ex-soldiers or police officers who can endure the physical and mental strain. In addition, he is tasked with guarding her back while she is dealing with the infected. Because they worked together so often, a strong friendship formed between them. Unfortunately, like many other of the Reaper's relationships, his friendship was soon tested by the recent accident. He doesn't retain too many memories from the ordeal, but what he does remember is painful. He now finds it difficult to talk to the Catcher, as they both saw different sides of each other when they experienced temporary insanity.

THE TECH EXPERT || FEMALE

This position was the last one to be added to the Reaper unit. Originally, the director was in charge of manning the camper--a large, armored vehicle that the Reapers travel in-- but that all changed with the arrival of The Tech Expert. She is charged with camper repairs, navigation, occasionally going out to canvass the area with the rest of the team, and most importantly, mapping out the territories, which often requires the aid of the Containment Man. These two were once lovers, but after the accident, a wedge was driven between them; she is aware that he feels uneasy around her, and for good reason. She was the first to go crazy during the accident, causing her to attempt to kill the previous director and attack him and her. Thankfully she managed to heal with only minor scarring, but the guilt has not gone away. Ever since then, she has been going out of her way to gain everyone's trust back, even though it was something never really lost in the first place.

THE NURSE || MALE

There is currently a high demand for Reapers to fill this position. Patients often come into the camper on the brink of becoming TFG, and proper care and administration of the cure is needed for them. On top of that, it is generally expected that at least two Reapers will need some form of medical care over the course of a mission, although it might not be serious. That is why The Nurse is required to have a well-equipped knowledge of medical treatments and the cure. Despite these skills, he was unable to detect the outbreak of Armis onboard the camper until it was too late. Thankfully, he suffered no permanent damage from the encounter, but it has changed his way of working. He is now more vigilant about checking out his teammate's health, whereas before he was more lax. In addition, the Reaper Corps. has put him in charge of the Director's physical therapy, although she is proving resistant to these attempts to help her.

• Banner:
    Hiatus: (availability and whatnot)

Name:
    Ethnicity: (optional)

Personality: (must be detailed)
    Biography: (optional. can simply be the background story for your character becoming a Reaper)

Health condition: (How are they physically and mentally? Etc.)
    Relationships:
    Appearance:

Other:

Last edited:
@MisterGrumpyLoli No real images for this rp, only drawn ones. Why? Idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I already had a drawn pic for my own character, so I wanted everything to be consistent.

Hi all!

I love this concept. Much more emotional than most post-apocolypse based RPs. I'm gonna put together a CS for the nurse. Fingers crossed.

Man, the last few days flew by. Seeing as someone else has submitted a finished Nurse CS, I think I'm just going to pass on this RP. The only other character I think I'd be comfortable playing is the executioner, and Abyssal is already pretty far into their CS for him. I'd just feel bad submitting a CS for a character after someone else has already put a bunch of work into theirs, y'know? So you guys have fun without me!

@Daz

giphy.webp

.......Fine, I guess I understand. Thanks for sharing interest though!

@Daz

giphy.webp

.......Fine, I guess I understand. Thanks for sharing interest though!
I'm sorry, I still love your idea. But I am but a meek creature, I can't bring myself to compete for characters, aha.

@Daz well technically...no one's posted a character for the Tech Expert, Containment Man, or Catcher yet...just saying *nudge nudge*

Other than that, I won't press you anymore. If I do happen to open up more roles--the rp is expansive after all, and leaves room for other characters--then I'll definitely tag you and see if you're interested.

@Daz well technically...no one's posted a character for the Tech Expert, Containment Man, or Catcher yet...just saying *nudge nudge*

Other than that, I won't press you anymore. If I do happen to open up more roles--the rp is expansive after all, and leaves room for other characters--then I'll definitely tag you and see if you're interested.
I know, but I'm not feeling inspired for those characters, y'know? And by the time I finally have got an idea for one of them that I love, I guarantee someone else will have submitted one.

That'd be awesome! :D

Reactions: Kuno
Man, the last few days flew by. Seeing as someone else has submitted a finished Nurse CS, I think I'm just going to pass on this RP. The only other character I think I'd be comfortable playing is the executioner, and Abyssal is already pretty far into their CS for him. I'd just feel bad submitting a CS for a character after someone else has already put a bunch of work into theirs, y'know? So you guys have fun without me!

You should still submit a CS. I didn't realise you'd already made a call on the nurse till I'd made Rory. Don't let me butt you out.

You should still submit a CS. I didn't realise you'd already made a call on the nurse till I'd made Rory. Don't let me butt you out.
To quote Kuno "No reserves! Only way you can get the role is a fight to the death."
Nobody really gets to call anyone, and I was slow making a CS. S'all good.

To quote Kuno "No reserves! Only way you can get the role is a fight to the death."
Nobody really gets to call anyone, and I was slow making a CS. S'all good.

Oh yeah, I just meant that you'd said you were interested in it so you should still go for it.

Sorry man, didn't mean to tread on toes.

Oh yeah, I just meant that you'd said you were interested in it so you should still go for it.

Sorry man, didn't mean to tread on toes.
You didn't, aha.

Hello, here's a friendly reminder to post your character skeletons in the character index if you have not done so already. It doesn't have to be finished, and posting lets me know there is still interest. Otherwise I'll have to start advertising more aggressively...

Reactions: ACasualBrit
@Abyssal Snow Hey, I'll do whatever it takes to get this rp going haha

Not sure how many people that counts up to now but I would like to join in on this! Was hoping to play as the Catcher but there seems to be some interest for her already

Reactions: ACasualBrit
Not sure how many people that counts up to now but I would like to join in on this! Was hoping to play as the Catcher but there seems to be some interest for her already

Join us!

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
*flies in from work* I don't see a skeleton up for the Catcher from anybody...just saying :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
It says that another unit came in to assist them after the incident and take them back to safety and cure the infected. I was wondering if we could know which unit it was and if they will be featuring much in the roleplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.