PJO: New Age of Heroes

J

Jessie Targaryen

Original poster
PJO: New Age of Heroes

Head GM: @Jason Targaryen

CO-GM: @conman2163

Introduction

Welcome to the PJO: New Age of Heroes OOC, we are an AU existing within the established universe where the events of the books “Trials of Apollo” have not occurred. While we do have specific story arcs, the fate of this RP will be based on the choices of you, the players. We hope you will find your stay an enjoyable one. We welcome anybody who is interested in joining our little party here, however, please keep in mind we only have 9 slots for writers, so you will have to wait until a slot opens up if you wish to join. A waiting list is available on the “Current Players” tab. Any questions about the RP can be asked here in the OOC or else sent to a GM through PM. We look forward to rp'ing with all of you.

Rules

1. Don't be a jerk. Criticism is fine; swearing and being offensive is not.
1a. People aren't going to like each other, that is natural. Bullying is not natural, and certainly not allowed. In an argument, please take it to PM and try to be the better person. If needed, a GM can get involved to mediate. If you don't agree with someone or something, go ahead and tell them. Keep it civil and polite, then they hopefully won't be upset. They might even appreciate the criticism. If you can't agree on a topic, then get a GM involved to sort things out. GM's have the last word. If you can't agree with the decision then take it to PM, taking up pages with arguments will NOT be tolerated.​

2. Start out with a child of the Greek Gods. Do not spam the thread (or a GM) asking if you can start with a Child of a Primordial, Giant, or Titan. Further characters will be decided by the GM(s) based off your activity and performance.

3. Keep the characters at some level of logic. Meaning; I do not want to see every child of Ares running around with shape-shifting powers because 'Frank Zhang had it!'. Keep your abilities relative to your Godly Parent. Also keep in mind that a new camper will not know much about using their powers, thus not being terribly strong in them or knowing unique ways to use them.
3a. You will have to train to get better at something be it; Swordplay, Powers, Fighting in general. You don't just go to sleep one day, then wake up the next with unimaginable powers.​

4. Once you join, every character is property of you and the rp. Meaning if you get Kicked, Banned, Leave, or just up and disappear then your character belongs to the GM(s). Not that we are looking to steal your character, but we need to keep things moving and avoid the RP dying because you disappear. You're more than welcome to pick them back up if you come back (and they're not dead. Also only if you're allowed back.)

5. Multiple characters/NPC creation is allowed, but only if the GMs think you can handle Multiple characters/NPCs.

6. The focus of this RP will be on the story, character development, and fun. Meaning that we are not focused on Killing or Raping other people. Therefore, permission must be obtained from the person controlling a character to kill their character. Otherwise ask the Head GM to agree to the action to kill said character.

7. Keep it PG-17 here. Meaning not too much gore and keep those adult themes to a minimum. For your private stuff, fade to black here. If you want to continue, then take it to PM.

8. Please don't go off and do something rash without first asking a GM. Such as running away and becoming evil, otherwise you might cause that character's death very quickly. Something that we would all wish to avoid, no? If you want to do something major/make an enemy, go message the head GM. He can and will be happy to help him, just know that it may be a while before you get to start being a big baddie.

Character Creation
This section is here to make it plain what is considered OP, what is expected of a first character, and toss in some additional information.

Your character will be considered OP if...
1. You start off with a mastery of your full-range of powers, skills, and abilities.
2. You use powers outside of your Parent's sphere of influence without a good reason, and GM permission.
3. You start using 'autohit' abilities.

Other...
1. Multiple characters/making NPCs is allowed. You are allowed to have one Greek from the start. After that, GM(s) will decide if you are granted me characters based off activity and performance. Feel free to try for it though, and if you're denied then please just shoot a message to a GM and politely ask why. We will explain our reasoning and help you out. If there is an issue with the reason, as opposed to arguing and starting something, message the Head GM who will go and make a final call.
2. Your first character must be the child of a Greek God, after that you can make children of non-olympians. Though remember, we can and will deny you that character if we think you can't handle it. Other mythologies may be included later on, and I will make it known if and when they are.
3. Only two non-olympian children may exist at one time. If your non-olympian child dies, you will not get another and another player who has not made one has the chance to create one in its place.
4. For your skills and abilities, you are not good and great at everything. You will be average at somethings at first, and even bad at some. Be sure to note the negative traits as well as the good.
5. When making an NPC, just note its an NPC in the post that has the CS, but otherwise fill out the character sheet. Makes it easy to know who the NPC and whatnot. Organizational things like that.

Character Sheet

Code:
[center][img]*Main Picture*[/img]
[color=]*Quote*[/color]
[spoilerbb=Basic Information]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Nickname[/u][/b]:
[i][u]Gender[/u][/i]:
[b][u]Age and date of birth[/u][/b]:
[i][u]Sexuality[/u][/i]:

[i][u]Godly Parent[/u][/i]:
[i][u]Mortal Parent(s)[/u][/i]:
[i][u]Sibling(s)[/u][/i]: (optional)

[i][u]Height and build[/u][/i]:
[i][u]Weight[/u][/i]:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-miPbAPQff8s/VpliiF_tgkI/AAAAAAAAN8Y/AqOvydJkMGE/s1600/Decorative_text_divider_-_central_flare.svg.png [/img]

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b]
(A paragraph that describes the character) 
[/spoilerbb] 

[spoilerbb=”Detailed Information”]
[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]
(At least two paragraphs, give us some details) 

[b][u]Fatal Flaw:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Fears:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Likes:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Dislikes:[/u][/b]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-miPbAPQff8s/VpliiF_tgkI/AAAAAAAAN8Y/AqOvydJkMGE/s1600/Decorative_text_divider_-_central_flare.svg.png [/img]

[b][u]History:[/u][/b]
(At least two paragraphs, give us some details)

[i][u]Theme Song[/u][/i]
(Optional)[youtube]Link to video here[/youtube]
[/spoilerbb] 

[spoilerbb=”Combat Information”]
[b][u]Weapons/Items[/u][/b]
[spoilerbb=”Weapons/Items”]
[b]Name of Weapon or Item:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[/spoilerbb]

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b]
(What skills does your character have that makes them good or bad at certain things? I.e. Trained in swordplay, book-smart, etc.)

[b][u]Abilities:[/u][/b]
(What abilities does your character have that makes them good or bad at certain things? I.e. Good Stamina, Average Reaction times, etc. Don’t be amazing at everything, thanks!)

[b][u]Weaknesses:[/u][/b]
(What are your weaknesses? I.e. Vulnerable to fire/heat for children of Khione. Things like that.)

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b]
(Bullet point format. Name the power with a brief description next to it, must be relevant to your parent. No more than three powers, please. You’re welcome to have less if you want.)

[b][u]Pet(s):[/u][/b] (Put N/A if you don't have one. No pressure.)
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Species: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Abilities: [/b]

[b][u]Other:[/u][/b]
[/spoilerbb]

Cabin Roster

Zeus Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:

Hades Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:

Poseidon Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:

Athena Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:

Ares Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:
  • Chet Wesler (NPC)
  • Stewart Gaugert (NPC)
  • Carter Teller (NPC)
  • Hilton Shykes (NPC)

Hermes Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • Dante R. Adipietro (NPC)
Cabin Members:
  • Britney Miketa (NPC)
  • Denna Neste (NPC)
  • Vonnie Castanos (NPC)
  • Leon Siebert (NPC)
  • Toby Eiser (NPC)
  • Tyrell Kindelay (NPC)

Hecate Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • Cyndy Crain (NPC)
Cabin Members:
  • Tyree Benzel (NPC)
  • Delmar Twinam (NPC)
  • Forrest Willibey (NPC)
  • Marc Tremonti (NPC)
  • Jackie Moccio (NPC)

Hypnos Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • Ty Kalush (NPC)
Cabin Members:
  • Maddie. Zolli (NPC)
  • Clor Medine (NPC)

Apollo Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • Riley Cassill (NPC)
Cabin Members:
  • Abe Repreza (NPC)
  • Dion Holzner (NPC)
  • Arnita Cvitanovich (NPC)

Dionysus Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:
  • Mariana Tanny (NPC)
  • Brendon Fulginiti(NPC)

Hephaestus Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:
  • Helena Weant (NPC)
  • Treva Rekeweg (NPC)
  • Ellis Dresselhaus (NPC)
  • Aron Alka (NPC)

Aphrodite Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:
  • Angelique Xue (NPC)
  • Blanca Lindblade (NPC)
  • Gonzalo Cantell (NPC)
  • Norris Albarez (NPC)
  • Glenn Rickenbach (NPC)

Nemesis Cabin
Cabin Leader:
Cabin Members:
  • Luanna Ditucci (NPC)
  • Quiana Huempfner (NPC)
  • Rema Jeanpierre (NPC)

Morpheus Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • (NPC)
Cabin Members:
[*]Santo Karabegovic (NPC)
[*]Elijah Giangiacomo (NPC)

Khione Cabin
Cabin Leader:
  • Abel Vantuinen (NPC)
Cabin Members:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hullo!

I will work on my character sheets tomorrow/ Sunday.

8viy82ht4ud01.gif

"Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What is important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow." -Carrie Fisher
Name: Bronwyn Rae Knowles
Nickname: Brynn
Age and date of birth: 17-years-old; May 20th
Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Godly Parent: Athena
Mortal Parent(s): Vernon Knowles
Sibling(s): Zoey Kepler <3

Height and Build: 5'9" ; Mesomorph
Weight: 147lbs

Decorative_text_divider_-_central_flare.svg.png

Appearance:
Standing at a stout 5'9" and weighing in at 147 pounds, Brynn is quite a force to be reckoned with. She stands tall. Taller than some, but she has a lot of weight on her shoulders. Self-inflicted, of course. The girl has soft, almond eyes with full lips to go with them. Her ears and nose are on the average side, while her hands, well.. slightly manly, if you ask me. In size, not appearance. Her dark hair hangs down her back halfway down to her rear. This Athena daughter's smile could light up a room. Quite the killer smile.

Personality: Brynn, to most, has this "I'm better than you" vibe about her. Like one of those snot-nosed popular brats in high school who thinks everyone is beneath her. She actually doesn't realize she does it. She's quite the opposite actually, except she does have a serious case of RBF. Brynn is very much about helping others way before she even thinks of herself, she just tends to be super competitive when it comes to training. Don't get the girl started on CTF. That girl lives for it and the climbing wall! She tries not to gloat, but sometimes she can't help it. She knows she's good at what she does, but she does like to help others out and give them pointers, especially the newer campers. She may only be 17, but she kind of acts like the Mother Hen of the Athena cabin, and even with some of the other campers in other cabins as well. She loves working with others but doesn't mind lone wolf missions/training sessions, either. She can work with both. If you really get to know Brynn, she tends to be quite sarcastic. She's loyal to a fault and will do anything and everything in her power to protect her friends.

Fatal Flaw: Indecisiveness

Fears:
Disappointing her parents
Failure
Falling from high places
Drowning

Training
Running
Working out
Reading up on and going over strategies
Reading novels and scrolls
The peace and quiet of the night
Rain
Sweater weather
Hoodies
Mexican food
Coca-cola on a hot summer day
Rocky Road ice cream
Hiking
Paintball
Riding bikes (motorized or not)
Riding horses/pegasi
Taming horses/pegasi (or trying to, anyway. She loves a challenge)
Coffee/Cocoa on a cold night
Hanging out with her sister, Zo
Causing mischief on occasion
DC comics
Marvel movies

Dislikes:
Cheaters
Bullies
Annoying, obnoxious people
Loud-mouths
Losing, but she's not a poor sport about it
The ocean
Summer heat
Mistreatment or disrespect of others
Cats (dont judge..bad experience as a kid)
Fashion
"Girly" things
Slackers

History:
Brynn's coming to be was anything short of a miracle.. I mean, as are any of Athena's children. Bronwyn was born to a man named Vernon Knowles. Vern grew up in Oregon but shortly after reaching manhood he fled to the city streets of Brooklyn to take up work, and spend many more years living there. Construction was flourishing at the time, and it seemed he was never out of work. Hardly had any downtime, but Vern knew he'd eventually have to make time in order to someday start a family of his own. Unbeknownst to him, that gift would be granted to him in the form of a little bundle wrapped up in a deep red blanket, a note pinned to the front of it. He'd read the note and realize what he'd been given, and tasked with. He'd go on to tell his family members that he'd decided to adopt a child rather than waste time trying to find someone to be with who could provide a said family for him.. with him.

Vern spent the first few years raising Brynn on his own. As Brynn grew, her abilities began to show through. At the young age of 4, just on the cusp of her 5th birthday, Brynn's father sent her away to camp to begin her training. Being a young child, Brynn didn't take to it too well the first summer. Not only did she not understand why she had been sent there in the first place, but it was also the fact she was nearly killed upon entering the camp that had her freaked out. A manticore chased her into camp, managing to swipe her across her back with its gnarly claws. A satyr and a few older campers heard her screams and came out to fight off the beast, helping her into the safety of the camp. After she was treated for her wounds and calmed down, Brynn was told of who she was and where she came from, and where she was for the summer. Although her mother claimed her right away, upon arriving, she did not get to meet her. Much to young Brynn's disappointment.

She returned home for the school year, and the following year came back with a vengeance to learn all that she could and make her daddy proud. And her mother, Athena, as well of course. Brynn grew to hold no ill-will towards her mother after learning the reasons why her mother had to stay away. Brynn spent years going to camp during the summers until the year 2017 came, Brynn being at the ripe age of 13. It was time to head off back to camp, and she was as excited as ever. Unbeknownst to Brynn, she had been being hunted for several weeks prior. Vern was getting their truck ready to make the trip down to camp when they were attacked by a fairly large cyclops. Unfortunately, there's no happy ending to this story. Without going into too much detail, Brynn's father didn't make it out alive. He sacrificed himself for his daughter's life, and managed to allow her to escape. Luckily by this age, Vern had taught her how to properly drive and she did just that, all the way to camp.

She's been inside the camp walls, since. A fire had somehow been started in their home, so it wasn't very hard to have faked her death. She's since stayed at camp and has made a year-round home out of it. Since her father's death, her training has become more intense and she in herself has become more fierce. She's more than ready to take on her next quest. They help her clear her mind. Sitting around camp for extended periods of time makes her antsy.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon: Cryptic and Crucifix, Slayers of Assassins

Description: Dual upward-curving kopis swords

Appearance

Name of Weapon: Inertia, Guardian of the Void

Description: Wooden shield with an owl on it

Appearance

Name of Weapon: Valkyrie, Memory of the Setting Sun

Description: 6-foot spear

Appearance

Name of Weapon: They don't exactly have names..

Description: Wrist guards with hidden knives

Appearance

Name of Item: N/A

Description: Custom armor

Appearance

Skills:
+ Sword fighting
+ Archery
+ Hand-to-Hand
+- Spear fighting (still learning)
+- Strategies

Abilities:
* Agility
* Average endurance
* Fast reflexes

Weaknesses:
* Emotion
* Inferiority
* Mentions of her dad
* Leadership
* Heavier weapons, such as hammers

Powers:
Has great control over a range of weapons.
Highly skilled in armed and hand-to-hand combat.
Pet
Appearance
Name:
Jacque; some call him "Jack", though. So his nickname is "Jack-Jack"
Species: Dog; Dutch Shepherd
Abilities: Follows French and English commands. French commands are attack commands, while English are normal, common ones. Even taught him how to follow Harry Potter inspired tricks, too. Like "Avada Kedavra", is "Play dead", "Alohamora" is used to get him to open doors (mostly just the ones with pull-down handles), and "Accio (insert name of item here)" will get him to bring me whatever it is I ask for, as long as he knows what that is. Things like that. It's cute, okay? Don't judge me for being a nerd.

Other: "I keep the necklace my ex, Taite Jernigan (19-year-old Son of Ares), gave me. It's a paper crane necklace. I also have access to and property of a sportster. My dad had it hidden away for me. He was going to give it to me on my 16th birthday. I also have a tattoo. Well, technically two, but they are identical. I've got owl wings on both shoulders."
Also, Brynn speaks French, English and Greek. She has been attemtpting to learn sign language as well,with the help of her long-time friend Greyson Davies, but isn't all that great at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainMarvel
tumblr_inline_p8ahnv35Eo1urfelz_540.gif

"Do you like this book? I like this book."
Name: Zoey Kepler
Nickname: ZKep (don't ask)
Age and date of birth: January 4th, 17 years old.
Sexuality: Bisexual

Mortal Parent(s): Thomas Kepler
Sibling(s): Brynn Knowles (<3)

Height and build: 5'06"
Weight: 140 lbs

Appearance: Zoey is not one to be really into fashion. Fashion is much too complicated for her to keep up with. One day things like infinity scarves are in and the next day it's like they never even existed. As a result, Zoey keeps to a rather simple wardrobe. No frilly shit that costs three figures -- just simple stuff like t-shirts, jeans, and hoodies galore. Makeup is also rather simple if she decides to wear it. Zoey opts to keep it off most of the time, but she likes to employ a rather natural palette moreso meant to hide her flaws than show off her strong suits.

Personality:
Zoey is a rather carefree and bubbly individual. She prefers to keep a rather positive and upbeat demeanor around her to keep herself from falling victim to the rather recent trend of teenagers and young adults falling victim to whatever mental ailment they have and being heavily afflicted by it. Not to mention that everyone she's met so far has been friendly, so it has rubbed off onto her. She'll try to socialize and be friendly with everyone, and hope that she can form a beneficial relationship between them. With that being said Zoey does have her moments and she does fall victim to her depression from time to time. It's a rather dark time when her depression hits her.

Zoey is also very protective and possessive of her loved ones, which extends to her half sisters and brothers. Zoey is more than willing to put her life down on the line for them if it meant that they had a much better chance of getting out of the situation in better shape than they would if she wasn't there. She is also a firm believer in the notion that family just doesn't extend to people who you share blood with, but rather people you share a strong bond with.
Fatal Flaw:
Anxiety. Zoey has the constant need to succeed and perform and as a result the pressure has manifested itself into anxiety and at some point it will get the better of her.

Fears:
  • Death itself.
  • Spiders
  • Heights -- this one is the worst one of all. Heights will also cripple Zoey.

• Oranges, she likes them peeled so she can eat the whole thing.
  • Dogs.
  • That little ouchy feeling you get when you stretch just to the right point
  • Warmth -- whether it'd be from other people or from things like blankets.
  • Books
  • Swords - Zoey has a weird fascination from them that may or may not be rooted from her presence at this camp as well as her mother.

Dislikes:
  • Pickles
  • Wet socks
  • Puddles
  • Gloomy weather that doesn't amount to rain
  • Death/Grief in general
  • Beef - Zoey just can't handle knowing how bad it is for the environment. Chicken is a better meat anyway.

History:
Zoey Kepler was born in Portland, Oregon, USA to a single father who just so happened to be a chef at a local diner. The whereabouts of her mother were unknown for the most part during her uprising. She didn't understand why, but to everyone else she just seemed a little different than the others. There was nothing that could actually be pinpointed about her back then, but everyone didn't really mesh with her. Whether it'd be no common interests or the fact that they simply didn't like Zoey's face. Whatever the case may be, Zoey found herself rather isolated during her first few years. It didn't help that her mother was nowhere to be seen, so whenever family events happened at school, Zoey was often left alone and parentless since her father was so busy tending to his diner and her mother was... well you know what happened to her mother.

Middle school was pretty much the same, only way worse. Puberty, acne, and braces. All of these things had only worsened Zoey's self esteem and confidence as she went through what is probably the worst years of her lives. It was endless teasing, bullying, and all of that fun stuff for no apparent reason other than the fact that she may have been different. Usual bully justification, y'know? Things about how chubby her cheeks were, how her eyes were green, or even going so far as to bringing up the fact that Zoey's mother was nowhere to be seen and that her dad was pretty much never home as a kid. Asshole middle school kids were always doing their thing, and that wasn't a fun ride for Zoey as she grew up.

A few years later, though, the true nature of Zoey came up. In a random dinner conversation one day, Zoey merely teased her dad about the origins of her mom. Only, there was no obligatory joking response. He had set down his fork and told Zoey the truth. It had turned out the reason why Zoey was so different was that she was a half-blood; that there was a camp somewhere in the country that would be much better suited for her to go to in order to regain her confidence and be with people just like her. Without even blinking, Zoey agreed to go and that was how she got to where she is today.

Theme Song
(Optional)[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Everest
Description:
It is a specially made kopis that is modified to be more accessible to Zoey's shorter and stockier build.
Appearance:
97kmp18s.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item
Son of Coul

Description:
It is a generic shield.

Appearance
ah3721.jpg

Skills:
  • Speedreading - Zoey can read really quickly while absorbing about 80% of the information on the page.
  • Sewing - she's not too good at it but she'll put it down on a skills list.
  • Writing
  • Organizational skills
  • Flexibility

Abilities:
  • Adept in Swordfighting
  • Also adept in archery
  • Mediocre hand-to-hand combat skills
  • Light Acrobatics

Weaknesses:
  • There is a small section in her side that will cause her to jump and yelp and drop whatever she's holding.
  • Her family
  • Electricity

Powers:
  • As she is the child of Athena, she has a very strong prowess for strategy and leadership. Zoey will think up of something no matter any situation, but it's not guaranteed to work.

Pet(s): (Put N/A if you don't have one. No pressure.)
Appearance:
img_8709c.jpg

Name: Selena
Species: Dog - German Shepherd
Abilities: Selena can sniff out just about anything. She also has a ferocious bite and can understand a wide range of commands from Zoey, including but not limited to: roll, heel, bite Ryland's arm off, and so on.

Other: N/A

Last edited:

I know I'm not mentally ill, cause I can't fix it.
Name: Emily
Nickname: Em
Age and date of birth: 17. Nov. 25 2003
Sexuality: Pansexual & Poly

Godly Parent: Dionysus
Mortal Parent(s): Mary Richardson
Sibling(s): N/A-(human side) ???-(Godly side)

Height and build: 5'10"
Weight: 175lbs

Appearance:
Emily has a lithe build with strong muscles. She has been living at camp for seven years so she has earned those muscles the tough way. Despite trying to grow her hair long when she was younger she has found it to be more comfortable wearing it short. She likes to dye if fun colors, but usually waits for Marco to be at camp to do that. Some of her features have a clear masculine hint, but she carries herself more feminine.

Personality:
Emily is a bright ray of sunshine. She can be friendly and caring for those she has decided are her friends. She is silly and enjoys gentle pranks. But she can fierce and takes after her father in being petty when she is slighted. Emily is of course Dyslexic and has ADHD.

If someone wants a drink and someone to talk to she is the girl to go to. She always has a stash of alcohol, and is very good at listening to people’s issues and helping them discover ways to fix it. She prefers to ask them questions to get to the correct plan of action rather than just telling them what to do.

Fatal Flaw: Being petty.

Fears:
  • Being forced to present as male
  • Failing in a quest
  • Something happening to Marco

• Parties
  • Being dramatic
  • Music
  • Plants
  • Milo (the sugar glider)
  • RPing

Dislikes:
  • Being misgendered
  • Highly Religious people
  • Being at a party and her father being weird
  • Aphids
  • People learning she likes to role play and then making fun of her for it
  • Anyone on her mom's side of the family

History:
Emily was born Joseph Richardson in New Orleans, Louisiana to Mary Richardson. Mary was a party girl in her youth and had Emily at 18, nine months after a wild Mardi Gras. Mary, however, didn't quite understand who Dionysus was, and now that she had a child she needed support from her parents.

Mary's parents were very religious. They took Mary's wrongdoing out on Emily, and as Emily realized who she really was things got worse.

At eight (almost nine) years old Emily left. Chased by literal and figurative monsters. She was able to manipulate plants to keep herself safe. Emily made significant progress, not even knowing where she was going, but something told her to head to New York. In 2012, a now ten-year-old, Emily met a Satyr in New Jersey and with their help made it the rest of the way to camp.

At camp, she crossed the border, but wasn't claimed immediately. The Satyr led her to the big house where Mr. D looked at her and gave a knowing smile. She was claimed then, a cluster of grapes appearing over her head. After that, he treated her as he did every other camper. She took on tasks of helping the plants grow and started training.

She has done two quests, both minor and useless. Just lip-service to the questing business. She has left camp a few times for other reasons.

She just finished getting her GED and is considering colleges, especially ones known for their psych department. Emily is afraid to leave camp as she hasn't been gone from camp for more than a few days at a time since she was ten. She has a few online college credits though, and probably will continue taking online courses as long as she can.

Theme Song
Jimmy eat world - The middle [youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item: Shield Dubán

Description: A black shield, usually it sits as a charm on Emily’s necklace. But with the name of the shield she can summon it to her hand.

Appearance:
0494306282ad60be13edeb474704fe43.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item: Avertas

Description: A simplistic celestial bronze weapon. It has two forms. A longsword and a spear. Also a charm on her necklace that she can say the name of to summon. If she says the name again it will switch forms.

Appearance:
Long sword
Spear

Skills:
  • Botany
  • Science of fermentation
  • Greek History
  • Street smarts
  • Needle felting
  • Psychology
Combat Skills:
  • Spear
  • Longsword
  • Sucks at hand-to-hand

Abilities:
  • Emily is good at knowing when someone is feinting/lying

Weaknesses:
  • “reluctant hero” - Emily doesn’t want to be a hero, she wants to be normal but she is not afraid to take advantage of what she can

Powers:
  • Madness - cure or cause it. Easiest for her against mortals. Some creatures are immune to it. Curing is as a general rule easier than causing madness. A creature with madness curse can contest the madness
  • Chlorokinesis - control over plants

Pet(s): N/A. But helps with Milo

Other:
Tattoo of a watercolor strawberry on her hip.
Speaks Louisiana French

Last edited:
tumblr_o2969p7ETf1v7g758o1_250.gif

"People should get what they deserve. Nothing more, nothing less."
Name: Aella Perez
Nickname: Ella, A, "Petty Bitch"
Age and date of birth: 16 / August 4th, 2004

Godly Parent: Nemesis
Mortal Parent(s): Octavio Perez
Sibling(s): (Human) A half-sibling she has never met / (Godly) ???

Height and build: 5'5" / Lean, athletic build
Weight: 120 lbs

Appearance:

Aella Perez stands at a fairly average height, with a lean body. Her hair is a dark brown that reaches just past her shoulder blades; it is somewhat thick with a wavy appearance. Aella's eyes are a warm brown color, and she often frames them with some degree of eyeliner and mascara. She prefers comfortable, practical clothing, tending towards tanktops and combat boots more than anything else. Most of her clothes are either black or red, with the occasional blue thrown in. Her ears are pierced, though she doesn't wear much jewelry.

Personality:

Aella is the kind of person you go to when you need an objective opinion. She’s honest to a fault, but some can appreciate that. She might not be good at showing it, but she cares deeply for her fellow campers and often finds herself feeling protective of them. At the same time, however, she is extremely judgmental; she is quick to pick people apart and sometimes focuses on people’s flaws a bit too much. Despite this, she understands that she’s also far from perfect. Aella has a deep respect for authority, and obeys orders without question. She is quick to lash out at people, even for more trivial problems or insults. However, she actively enjoys the company of others, and does her best to be a social presence in the camp. Most of the time, she can be found giving swordplay lessons to others, particularly younger campers. Aella enjoys staying in shape, and can be seen jogging around camp early in the morning.

Aella's reputation, however, is that of a petty, vengeful, and sometimes cold-hearted girl. Any perceived slights against her-or those she cares for-is met with brutal retaliation in some form or another. However, she is careful not to go too far, and is very particular in distributing what she believes to be "equal justice." In other words, she is a strong believer in exchanging an eye for an eye; she despises harming others without a justifiable cause, and often stands up for those who are victims of such treatment. In addition to this, Aella is rather closed off; while she is comfortable around others, she tends to be very secretive, and seldom shares her deeper thoughts and feelings. She can seem distant to those who don't know her well, as it takes some time for her to warm up to others.

Fatal Flaw: Her strong desire for vengeance.

Fears: Failure, isolation, emotional vulnerability/intimacy

Likes: Music, animals, pegasus riding, sparring, competitions, video games, reading, kids

Dislikes: Arrogance, laziness, overbearing/intrusive people, crowds, loud noises, dishonesty

History:

Aella Perez-named after one of Hippolyte’s Amazons-was born in Brooklyn to a wealthy businessman named Octavio Perez. By all accounts, Aella had a relatively happy life growing up; she went to a nice private school (specifically to help her cope with her dyslexia), she lived in an expensive house, and her father bought her whatever she liked. But one thing was always conspicuously absent: her mother. Anytime she would ask her father where her mother was, Octavio would get uncomfortable and dodge the question. When Aella was old enough to understand relationships a bit better, she assumed her mother had left them. At first, this disturbed her, but her life was just fine without a maternal figure; eventually, she got over it.

At the age of 12, Aella started to notice some strange events happening around her. For one, strangers would occasionally stare at her, almost as if they knew her. While it was unnerving-especially for a young girl-nothing ever truly happened. As such, she shook it off and figured it was just her imagination. However, things began to escalate when she turned 13, as people began to follow her around. She was never caught alone, thanks to her father, who insisted on bringing her to and from school. All of this caused Aella to become extremely paranoid and anxious, which was only worsened by her father’s increasingly secretive behavior.

Not long after her 13th birthday, Aella found herself home one night without her father, who was forced to attend a business conference overseas. In his refusal to leave Aella alone, he hired a bodyguard to stay with her during this time. As Aella sat in her room doing homework and eating dinner, a loud banging sound on her door startled her. As she opened the door, the bodyguard her father hired jumped her. Revealing himself to be a lycanthrope, he attempted to kill Aela on the spot. However, Aella managed to survive by stabbing him in the eye with a fork (she would later realize this fork was made of silver). After explaining what happened to the police, Aella was deemed to have been in shock; upon her father’s return, however, she found out the truth.

The truth was that Aella’s mother was Nemesis, the Greek goddess of balance, justice, retribution, and vengeance. Nemesis appeared to Octavio one day as a beautiful intern at his company, who he began to have a relationship with. But shortly after Aella was born, Nemesis revealed her true intentions to Octavio: retribution. Octavio confessed to his daughter that he was a deadbeat father; she had a half-sibling somewhere in the world that he abandoned, as he felt too cowardly to raise a child at only 20. So, he left his child and then-girlfriend to their own devices, vanishing one day and never returning. Nemesis’ duty was to balance his wrongdoing; so, after revealing her identity, she simply vanished, leaving Octavio a single father.

For a long time, Aella felt betrayed by her father. He hid the truth from her for 13 years, before finally telling her that she was only born as “divine retribution.” In her mind, his lying nearly got her killed. Their relationship seemed to be irreparably damaged; so when a goat-man (who Aella later found out was a satyr) showed up offering to take Aella somewhere safe, she jumped at the chance. Octavio didn’t protest, seeing as she would be safe, but allowing her to leave broke his heart. The two write letters to each other once a month or so, but otherwise rarely speak.

Now, Aella stays year-round at Camp Half-Blood, and is more than content with that.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
latest

Name of Weapon or Item: "Adrestia", meaning "she who cannot be escaped" in Ancient Greek.

Description: Adrestia is a celestial bronze whip, with a pointed end. It was given to Aella by her mother, as a sort of peace offering between the two. The lash of the whip can extend at Aella's will, reaching up to 10 feet in length. It can also retract into the handle, making it easier to travel with. She can use it as a bladed weapon to slice foes, but she can also restrain opponents by looping it around a torso or limb.

41Yd5Eeg2XL.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item: Usually called a "xiphos"

Description: Aella's xiphos is a double-edged shortsword that she has as a backup weapon. It is approximately 20 inches in length.

General Skills:

• Learning new languages
• Singing
• Teaching
• Animal care

Combat Skills:

•Whips
•Swordplay
•Boxing
•Pegasus flying

Abilities:

•General athleticism
•Flexibility
•Agility

Weaknesses:

•Bad temper
•Insecurity
•Heavier weapons
•Much bigger/stronger opponents

Powers:

Vengeful Strength - Aella becomes a stronger fighter when her goal is revenge.
Tychokinesis - Aella can control luck to a certain extent. In other words, can “even the odds” for herself and her allies, especially when disadvantaged.

Pet(s):

latest

Name: Phantom
Species: Pegasus
Abilities: Obeys English commands (when he feels like it). Like most pegasi, Phantom can fly. He is good for transportation, and is also unafraid of combat.

Other: Aella can speak both English and Spanish, English being her second language.

Reactions: Moro
edeb82b455e7f90518d83e8c16809df1.jpg

“A life without love is not worth living.”
Name: Marco DePaulo
Nickname: Marco, Pretty Boy
Age and date of birth: 17, 2/14/03
Sexuality: Pansexual and Polyamorous

Godly Parent: Aphrodite
Mortal Parent(s): Theodore DePaulo
Sibling(s): Many from his mother.

Height and build: 6’1”, and slightly muscular, nice and cut, but not too muscular. He keeps in shape.
Weight: 140

Appearance:
Marco is usually a very sharply dressed person, even at camp. He likes wearing a button up shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, dress pants, a smart pair of shoes, and sometimes a vest. At camp, he wear the camp-shirt, and jeans, as well as sneakers. He keeps his hair short, and well kempt. He has beautiful hazel eyes with golden rims, and with skin that he calls milk chocolate brown. He stands tall, and proud, and hides his muscle well in his slim frame.

Personality:
Marco is one of the friendliest and most open people he knows, or he claims so. However, he is a very caring young man, that cares deeply for anyone he calls friend of lover. However, under it all, he is a bundle of worries and self consciousness. He is always worried about hurting someone he cares for by accident, because he’s seen what happened to his father… after what happened with his mother. He also can be a bit stubborn, not willing to budge on some things, saying that it might be ‘worth the risk.’

Marco usually hides away his anxiety behind the face of the charming young man he is. He tries to be friendly to everyone, even if he might dislike them. He is one to always offer clothing and advice to others in need, even if it sometimes is not always wanted. He can be serious when the moment calls for it, and has managed to surprise others with this side of himself. Of course, he is a flirt as well, but he never ever flirts when told to cut it out.

Fatal Flaw:
Personal Loyalty: Marco would give the world for his friends. He would literally trade anything for those he calls for and calls family and friends.

Fears:
  • Breaking the heart of someone he truly cares for.
  • Hurting someone he cares about.
  • His dad finding out the truth about his mom.

• Coffee
  • Strawberries
  • Spending time with people he cares about
  • Fashion
  • Seeing others happy
  • Emily
  • Sewing

Dislikes:
  • Lying to his father
  • The games some of his siblings play with other people’s hearts
  • His mother’s behavior
  • Tea
  • Racist people
  • Ry (Reasons)

History:
Marco’s father was a young supermodel, around twenty two years in age, when he started dating this beautiful young lady model that he met. The two had a story book romance, falling in love quickly, and they looked rather handsome together. However, right as Marco’s father was getting ready to propose, the woman vanished, leaving him alone for seven months. At the end of that, a basket with a note and a baby appeared in it on his doorstep. There was nothing more in the note that a simple apology and the name of the baby.

Marco grew up doted on by his single father, but there was always a lingering sadness in the poor man. His heart had been crushed, broken by this beautiful woman, and whenever Marco would ask about his mother, he could tell that the hurt was real, so he learned quickly to not ask about his mother.

Marco and his father always knew that he was not going to be a normal boy, as he took an interest in fashion, needle felting, and both boys and girls quickly in his life. However, besides some trouble with school work and being diagnosed with both ADHD and dyslexia as a young age, his teachers always found him a charming and sweet boy, and it seemed that Marco was always able to talk himself out of any sort of terrible trouble that he might be in.

When he was about twelve, he made friends with a rather odd boy, and they became close over the year. It was towards the end of the year that the boy revealed what he was, what Marco was and told him of Camp Half-Blood. Marco was interested, and told his father it was a fashion summer camp, and then packed up and went there. He’s been back every summer since then, for the last five years. He still wants to punch his mother in the face if he ever meets her, but other than that, he’s quite happy.

Theme Song
All You Need is Love

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Mínyma (Message)
Description:
A compact that sends out messages like an Iris message. Marco needs to focus on whom he wants to talk to.
Appearance:

Skills:
    • Some gardening skills
    • How to accessorize
    • People skills
    • Cooking
    • Needle felting
    • Animal care
    • Fashion skills
    • Sewing
    • Some knife fighting ability
    • Some sword fighting
    • Some spear fighting

Abilities:

• Sewing skills
    • Knife skills
    • Amazing Stamina
    • Amazing knowledge of fashion
    • Unable to fully climb the climbing wall, but can get up half way
    • Matchmaking

Weaknesses:
Does not like it when his nice clothing gets stained and will fuss over his clothing. Is not an amazing fighter, and prone to flirting instead of practicing fighting. Also, Emily.

Powers:

Pet(s): Milo
Appearance:
hqdefault.jpg

Name: Milo
Species: Sugar Glider
Abilities: Gliding, being cute, eating food.
Other:

He makes each meal for his little sugar glider by hand. He does enjoy singing, even if he’s not a child of Apollo. His first kiss was with a boy when he was 12.​

"I want to prove them wrong, not just about my Father, but for also myself!"

"Two drifters, off to see the world"
There's such a lot of world to see
- Moon River, Andy Williams

Long-Blonde-Hairstyles-for-Men.jpg

Name: Elatan Rory O' Mory
Nickname: Rory, Elen, Star-boy, Son of War.
Age and Date of Birth: 18/ November 1
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Godly Parent: Ares
Mortal Parent: Cassandra O' Mory
Siblings: (Human) N/A (Godly) Unknown

Height and Build: 6'6, Athletic and Muscular
Weight: 183 pounds

Appearance:
Elatan is a tall and dignified man with golden hair so long that it almost mimics a lion's mane, his eyes glow with the greenery of Ireland, the homeland of his mother while he has a stern face and a stern look that he inherited from his father, the god of war, and also inherited his father's physical attributes like being muscular to the point of being called a 'Statue carved from Marble' or a 'Spartan. He sports a number of red tattoos around his body that hid his scars and are only visible when he fights unclothed.

Personality:
Elatan deviates greatly from his father, the god of war, whom was greatly know for his bloodlust in battle, his thirst for war and suffering. He who is known to be cruel, aloof, impetuous, proud, and violent was not inherited by his son. Elatan is a tempered individual who's ferocity and tenacity is was mitigated by love and wisdom (Something his father didn't have). He was said to be the very opposite of his father; If Ares was cruel, Elatan was humble. If Ares is aloof, Elatan is humble. If Ares was impetuous, Elatan was wise. He also deviates from the stereotype of being a child of Ares as Elatan would only ever fight when necessary and actively avoided confrontations (Unless they are in training), if ever confronted, Elatan would always use diplomacy first unless pushed to engaged in a fight.​

He is also known to be a very social individual and is easy to get along with, gregarious to a fault to the point people call him a 'social butterfly' and when his friends are in danger or trouble, he would be the first in line to defend them; be it they are right or wrong and would do so to the bitter or sweet end. A lover of the arts, music and humanities, Elatan enjoys the works of the great philosophers especially the Big 3 and has a knack of taking pictures;​
Though he greatly dislike and fears his father, he is still the son of Ares. He embodies his father's lesser known qualities which was his military intelligence, tactical superiority, honor, and bravery and wishes to be known by those qualities and more but sadly are overshadowed and often linked to his aunt, Athena. Elatan also has a love for weapons of war and has immense strength and trains to wield them properly and justly, sometimes during duels he would get clear focus and calmness and finds purpose in it then he would enjoy the clash of blades like he was enjoying his favorite food, and that would often lead him into a frenzy of which he worked hard to control.​

Elatan sometimes is boastful and prideful especially when it comes to war games whom he enjoys very much and, he seeks the thrill of battle and nearly gets lost to the sound of battle but tries to temper it with wisdom and honor. And like his father he has a weakness for beautiful women, especially those that have shown strength of character. When pushed to his limits Elatan would given to his urges and become a 'Son of Ares', rageful, spiteful, bloodthirsty and war hungry.​

And though it doesn't seem like it, Elatan hates himself because of the sole fact he is the son of a vicious, brutal, and cruel god and sometimes wished he was never been born at all. "Better the world be rid of an ilk of Ares to deal with" He would say.​

Fatal Flaw:
The Blood of His Father flows through him, he fights it daily and tries to suppress it but the gods only know for how long and he fears loosing to his rage and bloodlust.

Fears:
His Father, Loss of those close to him, Loneliness, Becoming Ares.

Philosophy, Beautiful Women, Honorable Combat, Taking Photographs, Video Games, Swords and Weapons of War, Superman, The Stars. 40-90's Music

Dislikes:
Senseless battle and bloodshed, Dishonorable Combat, Mathematics, Ares, Bullies , Injustice, Himself.

History:
Elatan was born to Cassandra O' Mory, a wealthy and rich Irish woman living in America and the son of the war god, Ares. During her rebellious teenage years when Cassandra was at her lowest point in life, she had an unfortunate encounter with the war god at bar club, where she was spending away the money of her parents in selfish and hedonistic pursuits and fleeting pleasure, the war god was attracted to Cassandra due to her beauty but not to her personality and brains. Cassandra was a self-adsorbed, pompous, spoiled and arrogant, a bitch to deal with, and other bad attitudes that can enumerated, so when she saw the handsome and intoxicating Ares, she couldn't help but want him and Ares had her in his fingertips easily.

After a night of hot, steamy passion she got pregnant with Elatan, the boy's father disappeared from the face of the world leaving Cassandra to raise Elatan, but not alone was she, because she had parents; Christopher and Saoirse O' Mory, of which were powerful business tycoons and owned many business, urged their daughter to raise the baby when they heard she planned on having him aborted and told her that they will help with raising the child. With her parents and the fact of raising a baby changed Cassandra, from her old shell into her newer self.

The boy was named Elatan because his mother loved reading the Lord of the Rings and she loved the stars, a love she passed on to Elatan whose name meant 'Star-Man' and it symbolizes how Cassandra has seen her son, a star that illuminated her darkness and brought her into the moonlit night and he was raised into a loving household that prized him and cherished him.

When he was 6 years old Elatan accidentally broke the hand of a servant, this was the first time his powers manifested, and Elatan accidentally broke the arm of a classmate when said person was bullying him, because he had a different air among them and was retarded (due to his ADHD and Dyslexia). This was a cause of concern for Cassandra, whom by the time now has grown into a matured, beautiful, and wise woman and was very worried and shaken by this new found revelation that her son has 'special gifts', his grandparents were as much worried and both were frustrated of not knowing what to do, until Superman came along. Elatan would watch the Superman: The Animated Series and found himself emphasizing with the fictional character, and when Cassandra saw her son touching the screen when Superman was in flight among the heavens, was inspired to teach her son about humility and to use his strength or his 'special gift' with great restraint.

That was when the monsters began showing up, one day when Elatan was 8 years old and walking back from school, Elatan was attacked by a Fury whom caught his scent, due to his growing power, and followed him back to the mansion. The Fury wounded the young boy as it slashed the boy's body many a times but he was helped by a creature called a 'Satyr' a half-man half-goat, when the Satyr that was trying to help got wounded was when the blood of Ares fully awoke within him as Elatan utilized every objective to be a weapon; be it a chair, spatula, spoon or fork, any kind of object is utilized by Elatan. He finally defeated the Fury by beheading it with an antique sword his Grandfather had as a display and it was at that moment that Elatan felt himself in euphoria, as he saw the blood in his hands and felt pleasure he never felt before, the feeling of his using his strength unrestrained was tempting to the ears of the wounded child. When his mother came back from somewhere with his grandparents, they were extremely shocked of the state of the mansion and was extremely concerned with the bleeding Elatan, the Satyr (whom freaked everyone out) explained to Cassandra and her parents that Elatan was a demi-god, and was no longer safe among the walls of mortals. Cassandra never told Elatan about his father, he was curious on who he is but Cassandra always thought that "Whoever he is, he gave me you, that's all that matters." until that fateful day when Elatan and Cassandra learned that it was Ares, Greek god of war, was the boy's father.

At the next day, Elatan was to be enrolled at Camp Half-Blood, his mother gave him a kiss goodbye and reminded him to be 'Elatan'. Elatan knew that he couldn't stay with this Mother and Grandparents anymore for both of their safeties and it was decided that every 4 years Elatan would come visit them again.

In Camp Half-Blood, Elatan had a rough start, all the other demi-children hated him and frowned upon him, due to his parentage as the son of a despicable war god and the fact that most of the children of Ares are bullies, but he surprised them by being different from his supposed half-siblings and from his father as he showed great restraint, compassion, and (to everyone's surprise) wisdom. Many thought that he was a child of Athena but when a couple of demi-children picked on him, he got so mad that he gave in to his mindless rage and came close to killing the child of a minor god. The moment was one of his greatest regrets and he hence for his Fatal Flaw was losing to the mindless rage of his Father, and he vowed to never let it get the best of him.

Theme song:
Default/Mindless Elatan

True Theme

Bláth liath
Name of Weapon: Bláth Liath means "Grey Flower" in Irish

Gáe Dearg
Name of Weapon: Gáe Dearg is "belly spear" in Irish

Panoply of War:
Typical Greek Breastplate, armguards, and shinguards.

Skills:
+ Avid Reader
+ Poetry making: Loves to make poetry and tries to imitate Shakespeare
+ Philosophically Inclined Mind
+ Motivational Speaker of the subpar kind
+ Violin player . . . but he always breaks them at the end

Abilities:
+ADHD
+ Excellent Weapon work: this is evident when he wields a spear and sword whom he feels is like an extension of his arm.
+Impressive Hand to Hand techniques: Knows a few moves and wrestling moves
+ Impressive Endurance: Can still walk and fight even when taking a medium beatdown or wounded and by his words, "I can do this all day!"

Weakness:
+The Temptation to give in to his bloodlust and battle-rage, every battle he enters be it in training or real further increases the difficultly of holding his rage, making him distracted in battle of which his enemy can take advantage of, as Elatan would mentally hold back his blood heritage.

+Pathetically weak when wielding long-range weapons, he actively avoids bow and arrows as he sucks at them so bad that even those who are bad at Archery or long-range would say "Wow, I'm glad I'm not him."

+Too trusting and friendly even to enemies, making him take fight less seriously - Seriously, he would try to talk with the opponent like they were old friends or something, this would really bite him in the ass because doing so lower his guard.

+Cloudy haze - Cloudy haze is the result of him rejecting his heritage as a Son of War, since he resisted the song of battle all children of Ares cherish it will hinder his participation in battle, connected to the 'Temptation', Cloudy haze makes Elatan's vision hazy and he will get dizzy as the battle drags on, this will also drastically decrease his combat agility and strength as he will feel weak as the battle continues.

+ Underestimation - while not out of character for the humble Elatan, He still has his moments where he underestimates his opponents and thinks he will come out the victor.

Powers:
Telumkinesis: Being a child of Ares would make him an expert in all weapon usage and he may even have some degree of magical control over them (Like having them fling to him like magnates). Elatan is shown to be skilled in wielding a spear and sword. He also has the ability to summon small amounts (2-10 max) to his side at will and can have be thrown as projectiles to act as compensation for his pathetic skills in long range weaponry, using this ability however we give him headaches and using it to fullest extent will make him bleed internally, this is because he rejects his heritage.

+Enhanced Strength

+Enhanced Agility

Pet(s):
Rhongo
Species: Stallion
Abilities:
Understands Human commands and speech
Is fiercely loyal to Elatan but also has a knack for eating his hair.

Extra: He can speak limited and sometimes incorrect Irish

Last edited:
@SoleStride @chrono After a bit of debate, Jason and I came to the conclusion that we'd like to open up a tenth and eleventh slot. We've decided to accept both of you to the RP! At your discretion, please send a PM to either myself or Jason and give us a discord ID (Though this is not mandatory). Additionally, you may go ahead and make your character sheets and submit them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoleStride and Moro
lucas-till.jpg

"I'll stop when nobody else has to get hurt."
Name:
Ryland Astrapi

Nickname:
Ry

Age and date of birth:
17 || 07/04/2003

Sexuality:
Bisexual

Godly Parent:
Zeus

Mortal Parent(s):
> Michelle Astrapi (Mother)
> Robert Suarez (Step-Father #1)
> David Smith (Step-Father #2)

Sibling(s):
Ashley Smith (Step-Sister, Younger)
Jessica Smith (Step-Sister, Youngest)

Height and build:
5' 10" || Atheltic

Weight:
185 Lbs

Appearance:
Ryland stands at about five feet, ten inches tall with a rather athletic build. He has fair skin that is slightly tanned from his Greek Heritage. With golden-blonde hair kept just long enough to hang slightly down his forehead and bright blue eyes, he is what many would expect from the Son of the King of the Gods. Handsome in every sense of the traditional meaning of the word, Ryland often accompanies his good looks with a friendly smile on his features. He likes to dress casually, often seen around camp in a t-shirt and shorts, or the like of that. However his wardrobe is always chosen to fit well with him and make the boy look good, something a few of the Aphrodite girls had personally seen to after seeing his original sense of style.

Personality:
On the surface, Ryland is a friendly individual. Seeming carefree, confident, and good-natured to those around him. Although he is notably stubborn and does have a short fuse, his anger is even usually short-lived except in certain circumstances. Ryland is known to step in for those being mistreated whenever he sees it, unable to stand idle while somebody else suffers within reach. He seems like what everybody would expect from the son of the King of the Gods. Charming, Confident, Strong, Attractive, and all the other positive aspects one could want. As if he were simply too perfect.

Alas, what one sees on the surface is not always true. For Ryland is always under pressure from the burdens placed upon his shoulders. Whether they be from everyone’s expectations for who he should be, his own expectations, or his own worry about failing others. Though he often seems to be carefree and happy, the boy is often enough acutely aware of everything he is doing and worried that somehow he might mess up. Worried that somehow, he might be the cause of pain to others. He keeps this hidden from all, except the Oracle and Chiron who know and counsel Ryland about his worries to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Yet buried even deeper than those worries he only confides in a select few is a secret which he has vowed to reveal to nobody. Ryley, the girl that Ryland was born as, is similar to the persona of Ryland that he puts forwards in a few ways, yet drastically different in others. Ryley, when Ryland is sure he is alone and allowed to be himself for a bit, is friendly as they come and charming as she can be. A sense of humor rivaling that even of some of the more 'jokester' Gods. Like Ryland, she still puts the burdens of all others on her own shoulders and tries to portray confidence at all times. Yet unlike the boi most are familiar with, Ryley is much shyer and emotional than Ryland. She has a harder time holding back what she is truly feeling without her mask on. Ryley is a bit more of a flirt than Ryland, and loves to sing and dance. Yet even so, she is only very rarely let out and when she is its when Ryland believes himself to be alone where others can't see the secret he hides.

Fatal Flaw:
> Burdens. Ryland feels inclined to carry all the burdens of expectations of himself and those around him at all times. He refuses to let others be in danger or bear said burdens where he feels it is his duty to take it instead.

Fears:
  • Being Alone
  • Failing/Hurting Others
  • Exposing Ryley
  • The Ocean
  • Spiders

• Training
  • Video Games
  • Movies
  • Working Out
  • Reading
  • Singing (Ryley)
  • Dancing (Ryley)

Dislikes:
  • Winter
  • Underground
  • Ares Cabin
  • Alcoholics
  • Dionysus
  • Bullies
  • People who say Spider-Man is a bad character
  • Cats

History:
Born in Hollywood, most would think that Ryland came from some well-off family with movie star parents. However, this was most certainly not the case for the young boy. For his mother had recently lost her waitressing job before Ryland was born, and by the time Ryland was born they were homeless. Born as Ryley, it wouldn't be for another few years before she became Ryland. She grew up on the streets for about three years, seeing various kinds strange things, despite his mother not believing her. Whenever she was three her mother remarried, the man being nice at first until the two moved with him. Soon enough it was revealed that he was a raging alcoholic with anger issues. Fists flew often in their house, and it was there Ryley learned how to fight. At least the basics of it. As she neared 8, she finally had enough with her father’s vicious attacks on herself and her mother. When the man came home one day after the bar, the child was waiting for him with a baseball bat that she used to practice in the backyard. The fight didn’t take long, but Ryley was quickly overpowered by the older man. In the following beating, Ryley panicked and the… unthinkable happened. A freak bolt of electricity jumped from the sockets in the house and shocked her father. While he lay stunned, her mother grabbed Ryley and the two fled.

After another few months on the streets, her mother remarried with a man she had been seeing in secret for a few years up until then. This man was much nicer and actually avoided alcohol entirely. Ryley grew rather fond of him, as her new father had been more than happy to take the kid on as his own. A year later, the couple had a little girl. Ryley was happy about the development but soon became worried as the monsters she remembered from childhood seemed to be showing up more often. When she was 11, everything boiled over as some lady who the lower body of two snakes came after her family. She clearly wanted her, but in the attack managed to claw her mother enough to cause a deep gash. Fearing for their safety, she ran. The lady chased after her but she was eventually able to lose her. As she went back home, Ryley realized that if more of those monsters existed, then they might be after her as well. Instead of returning home and saying goodbye, she simply turned and ran. She didn’t know where, but it was just something that felt… right. It was a long journey that lasted months, but finally, she had made it to New York CIty. She was heading towards Long Island, where she could feel something calling her but was ambushed by a massive dog. She tried to run but it was faster, stronger than she. Its claws raked upon her back, and she blacked out as he heard something like a storm coming in.

In the darkness following when Ryley blacked out, she was greeted by a man who resembled herself in some ways, particularly his eyes. With a magnificent beard that was dark as the storm clouds. The man wore a suit that seemed to have storms moving their way across it, and introduced himself as Zeus, King of the Olympian Gods. What else? He was also her father. Despite how outlandish it all seemed, the girl accepted that it must have been the truth. During their talk, the man told her that to be strong enough to face all of the burdens and tasks ahead, she would need to become a man. For women were not strong enough to take on such a burden. After a brief argument, the girl gave in and was given a magical ring that hid her appearance and changed her to be seen as a boy. From that point on, Ryland was born.

Ryland woke days later, laying in a house in different clothes, and feeling clean like he hadn't been for the past few months. At his bedside was a rather pretty girl about his age, but she quickly left the room and soon a man with a… horse body? Returned with her, and started to slowly explain all of it. It made sense in a strange way, and since then Ryland has been at camp. He’s left only once on a quest, and made a name for himself for his prowess in battle as well as in his power usage. Since then he’s become one of the more popular members around camp, especially given his ability to live up to the expectations with his heritage. He has also become the Oracle’s Caretaker and guardian, a position he got through his close friendship with the girl.

After a few years at camp, Ryland went on a quest with the daughter of Poseidon. Together they went to the Groves of Dodona to stop a threat which seemed not of their world. However, both of his questmates perished in the battle against the strange creatures. Ryland has been haunted by the scenes of their deaths ever since that fateful day.

Theme Song

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Kidemónas

Description:
A magical shield made of celestial bronze, it can be charged with electricity and thrown. The shield is designed to come back to its user, and turns into a watch when not in use.

Appearance:
shield_si604.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item:
Thýella

Description:
A magical sword made of celestial bronze, also capable of being charged with electricity. It can transform into a spear through twisting the hilt, and turns into a pen when not in use

Appearance:
0077rd.jpg

Skills:
  • Soccer
  • Physical Fitness
  • Playing Guitar
  • Flying (Like Superman)
  • Singing (Ryley)
  • Dancing (Ryley)
  • Acting
  • Attention to Detail
  • Sword & Shield Fighting
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat
  • Athletics
  • Combat Ability Usage

Abilities:
  • Good Strength
  • Good Endurance
  • Great Control over Powers
  • Excellent Skill with Sword & Shield
  • Terrible Aim (With a bow or otherwise)
  • Poor Sense of Direction
  • Poor Magical Resistance
  • Poor Agility
Weaknesses:
  • Magic
  • Ocean/The Sea (Ryland is not a strong swimmer)
  • Range
  • Agility (He is not as agile as most)
  • Dry/Arid Places or Enviornments
  • Saviour Complex (Can easily be exploited)
  • Power Overuse (If too much power is used, he passes out. Tends to happen from time to time.)

Powers:

Pet(s):
N/A

Other:
> Ryland has a magic ring that makes him appear as male to all others, and he never takes it off except when certain he is alone.

Appearance:
Elatan is a tall and dignified man with golden hair so long that it almost mimics a lion's mane, his eyes glow with the greenery of Ireland, the homeland of his mother while he has a stern face and a stern look that he inherited from his father, the god of war, and also inherited his father's physical attributes like being muscular to the point of being called a 'Statue carved from Marble' or a 'Spartan. He sports a number of red tattoos around his body that hid his scars and are only visible when he fights unclothed.

Personality:
Elatan deviates greatly from his father, the god of war, whom was greatly know for his bloodlust in battle, his thirst for war and suffering. He who is known to be cruel, aloof, impetuous, proud, and violent was not inherited by his son. Elatan is a tempered individual who's ferocity and tenacity is was mitigated by love and wisdom (Something his father didn't have). He was said to be the very opposite of his father; If Ares was cruel, Elatan was humble. If Ares is aloof, Elatan is humble. If Ares was impetuous, Elatan was wise. He also deviates from the stereotype of being a child of Ares as Elatan would only ever fight when necessary and actively avoided confrontations (Unless they are in training), if ever confronted, Elatan would always use diplomacy first unless pushed to engaged in a fight.​
He is also known to be a very social individual and is easy to get along with, gregarious to a fault to the point people call him a 'social butterfly' and when his friends are in danger or trouble, he would be the first in line to defend them; be it they are right or wrong and would do so to the bitter or sweet end. A lover of the arts, music and humanities, Elatan enjoys the works of the great philosophers especially the Big 3 and has a knack of taking pictures;​
Though he greatly dislike and fears his father, he is still the son of Ares. He embodies his father's lesser known qualities which was his military intelligence, tactical superiority, honor, and bravery and wishes to be known by those qualities and more but sadly are overshadowed and often linked to his aunt, Athena. Elatan also has a love for weapons of war and has immense strength and trains to wield them properly and justly, sometimes during duels he would get clear focus and calmness and finds purpose in it then he would enjoy the clash of blades like he was enjoying his favorite food, and that would often lead him into a frenzy of which he worked hard to control.​
Elatan sometimes is boastful and prideful especially when it comes to war games whom he enjoys very much and, he seeks the thrill of battle and nearly gets lost to the sound of battle but tries to temper it with wisdom and honor. And like his father he has a weakness for beautiful women, especially those that have shown strength of character. When pushed to his limits Elatan would given to his urges and become a 'Son of Ares', rageful, spiteful, bloodthirsty and war hungry.​
And though it doesn't seem like it, Elatan hates himself because of the sole fact he is the son of a vicious, brutal, and cruel god and sometimes wished he was never been born at all. "Better the world be rid of an ilk of Ares to deal with" He would say.​

Fatal Flaw:
The Blood of His Father flows through him, he fights it daily and tries to suppress it but the gods only know for how long and he fears loosing to his rage and bloodlust.

Fears:

Philosophy, Beautiful Women, Honorable Combat, Taking Photographs, Video Games, Swords and Weapons of War, Superman, The Stars. 40-90's Music

Dislikes:
Senseless battle and bloodshed, Dishonorable Combat, Mathematics, Ares, Bullies , Injustice, Himself.

History:
Elatan was born to Cassandra O' Mory, a wealthy and rich Irish woman living in America and the son of the war god, Ares. During her rebellious teenage years when Cassandra was at her lowest point in life, she had an unfortunate encounter with the war god at bar club, where she was spending away the money of her parents in selfish and hedonistic pursuits and fleeting pleasure, the war god was attracted to Cassandra due to her beauty but not to her personality and brains. Cassandra was a self-adsorbed, pompous, spoiled and arrogant, a bitch to deal with, and other bad attitudes that can enumerated, so when she saw the handsome and intoxicating Ares, she couldn't help but want him and Ares had her in his fingertips easily.

After a night of hot, steamy passion she got pregnant with Elatan, the boy's father disappeared from the face of the world leaving Cassandra to raise Elatan, but not alone was she, because she had parents; Christopher and Saoirse O' Mory, of which were powerful business tycoons and owned many business, urged their daughter to raise the baby when they heard she planned on having him aborted and told her that they will help with raising the child. With her parents and the fact of raising a baby changed Cassandra, from her old shell into her newer self.

The boy was named Elatan because his mother loved reading the Lord of the Rings and she loved the stars, a love she passed on to Elatan whose name meant 'Star-Man' and it symbolizes how Cassandra has seen her son, a star that illuminated her darkness and brought her into the moonlit night and he was raised into a loving household that prized him and cherished him.

When he was 6 years old Elatan accidentally broke the hand of a servant, this was the first time his powers manifested, and Elatan accidentally broke the arm of a classmate when said person was bullying him, because he had a different air among them and was retarded (due to his ADHD and Dyslexia). This was a cause of concern for Cassandra, whom by the time now has grown into a matured, beautiful, and wise woman and was very worried and shaken by this new found revelation that her son has 'special gifts', his grandparents were as much worried and both were frustrated of not knowing what to do, until Superman came along. Elatan would watch the Superman: The Animated Series and found himself emphasizing with the fictional character, and when Cassandra saw her son touching the screen when Superman was in flight among the heavens, was inspired to teach her son about humility and to use his strength or his 'special gift' with great restraint.

That was when the monsters began showing up, one day when Elatan was 8 years old and walking back from school, Elatan was attacked by a Fury whom caught his scent, due to his growing power, and followed him back to the mansion. The Fury wounded the young boy as it slashed the boy's body many a times but he was helped by a creature called a 'Satyr' a half-man half-goat, when the Satyr that was trying to help got wounded was when the blood of Ares fully awoke within him as Elatan utilized every objective to be a weapon; be it a chair, spatula, spoon or fork, any kind of object is utilized by Elatan. He finally defeated the Fury by beheading it with an antique sword his Grandfather had as a display and it was at that moment that Elatan felt himself in euphoria, as he saw the blood in his hands and felt pleasure he never felt before, the feeling of his using his strength unrestrained was tempting to the ears of the wounded child. When his mother came back from somewhere with his grandparents, they were extremely shocked of the state of the mansion and was extremely concerned with the bleeding Elatan, the Satyr (whom freaked everyone out) explained to Cassandra and her parents that Elatan was a demi-god, and was no longer safe among the walls of mortals. Cassandra never told Elatan about his father, he was curious on who he is but Cassandra always thought that "Whoever he is, he gave me you, that's all that matters." until that fateful day when Elatan and Cassandra learned that it was Ares, Greek god of war, was the boy's father.

At the next day, Elatan was to be enrolled at Camp Half-Blood, his mother gave him a kiss goodbye and reminded him to be 'Elatan'. Elatan knew that he couldn't stay with this Mother and Grandparents anymore for both of their safeties and it was decided that every 4 years Elatan would come visit them again.

In Camp Half-Blood, Elatan had a rough start, all the other demi-children hated him and frowned upon him, due to his parentage as the son of a despicable war god and the fact that most of the children of Ares are bullies, but he surprised them by being different from his supposed half-siblings and from his father as he showed great restraint, compassion, and (to everyone's surprise) wisdom. Many thought that he was a child of Athena but when a couple of demi-children picked on him, he got so mad that he gave in to his mindless rage and came close to killing the child of a minor god. The moment was one of his greatest regrets and he hence for his Fatal Flaw was losing to the mindless rage of his Father, and he vowed to never let it get the best of him.

Theme song:
Default/Mindless Elatan

True Theme

Bláth liath

Gáe Dearg

Panoply of War:

Skills:
+ Impressive Weapon work: He is impressive when given a weapon of any kind and uses them to their minimal efficiency
+Impressive Hand to Hand techniques: Knows a few moves and
+ Impressive Endurance: Can still walk and fight even when taking a medium beatdown or wounded and by his words
"I can do this all day!"

Combat Skills:

+ Proficient Sword and Spear play
+Impressive Endurance
+Impressive Hand to Hand
+Adept strategic and tactical planning (only the Children of Athena rivals him)
+Diplomacy

Abilities:
+ Enhanced Strength
+Enhanced Agility
+ ADHD

Weakness:

+The Temptation to give in to his bloodlust and battle-rage
+'Diplomacy first!' kind of guy
+Too trusting and friendly, even to enemies
+Other children of Ares or stronger enemies

Powers:
Telumkinesis: Being a child of Ares would make him an expert in all weapon usage and he may even have some degree of magical control over them. Elatan is shown to be skilled in wielding a spear, sword and knife. He also has the ability to summon small amounts (2-10 max) to his side at will and can have be thrown as projectiles.
+ Weapon Conjuration: As a son of Ares, Elatan is able to transform any object around her into any weapon and/or tool through sheer concentration.
+Weapon Curses: As a son of Ares, Elatan is able to place curses on his opponents weapons but is reluctant to use this as he views it as 'Dishonorable conduct'.

Pet(s):
Rhongo
Abilities:
Understands Human

For the most part he looks good, but I do have a few things I would like to address before I can accept him.

First: Elatan seems to have no downsides/weaknesses when it comes to Physical Combat/Abilities. This will need to fixed, as we are only Half Gods here. What I would suggest is to add something like him being not so great with weapons outside of a sword or spear. Maybe his ranged abilities aren't so great, or he has a slower reaction time. Something to hamper him in combat besides just personality weaknesses.

Second: The abilities section is something for abilities which you are either born with or naturally good at. Things such as attention to detail, reaction times, sense of direction, etc. would go here. The enhanced strength and speed would fall under powers.

Third: I will need to know the capbility of the curses he can place on others' weapons. These naturally won't be near as strong as the abilities of Ares, but I am sure we can work something out. I will also be allowing only three powers max per character here, so if you wanna keep enhanced strength and speed, they'll need to replace current powers.

Fix these issues and tag me when they're good and I will re-review. If you want to talk more indepth, feel free to message me on here, or ask to join the discord. Thanks!

8viy82ht4ud01.gif

"Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What is important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow." -Carrie Fisher
Name: Bronwyn Rae Knowles
Nickname: Brynn
Age and date of birth: 17-years-old; May 20th
Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Mortal Parent(s): Vernon Knowles
Sibling(s): Zoey Kepler <3

Height and Build: 5'9" ; Mesomorph
Weight: 147lbs

Appearance:
Standing at a stout 5'9" and weighing in at 147 pounds, Brynn is quite a force to be reckoned with. She stands tall. Taller than some, but she has a lot of weight on her shoulders. Self-inflicted, of course. The girl has soft, almond eyes with full lips to go with them. Her ears and nose are on the average side, while her hands, well.. slightly manly, if you ask me. In size, not appearance. Her dark hair hangs down her back halfway down to her rear. This Athena daughter's smile could light up a room. Quite the killer smile.

Personality: Brynn, to most, has this "I'm better than you" vibe about her. Like one of those snot-nosed popular brats in high school who thinks everyone is beneath her. She actually doesn't realize she does it. She's quite the opposite actually, except she does have a serious case of RBF. Brynn is very much about helping others way before she even thinks of herself, she just tends to be super competitive when it comes to training. Don't get the girl started on CTF. That girl lives for it and the climbing wall! She tries not to gloat, but sometimes she can't help it. She knows she's good at what she does, but she does like to help others out and give them pointers, especially the newer campers. She may only be 17, but she kind of acts like the Mother Hen of the Athena cabin, and even with some of the other campers in other cabins as well. She loves working with others but doesn't mind lone wolf missions/training sessions, either. She can work with both. If you really get to know Brynn, she tends to be quite sarcastic. She's loyal to a fault and will do anything and everything in her power to protect her friends.

Fatal Flaw: Indecisiveness

Fears:
Disappointing her parents
Failure
Falling from high places
Drowning

Training
Running
Working out
Reading up on and going over strategies
Reading novels and scrolls
The peace and quiet of the night
Rain
Sweater weather
Hoodies
Mexican food
Coca-cola on a hot summer day
Rocky Road ice cream
Hiking
Paintball
Riding bikes (motorized or not)
Riding horses/pegasi
Taming horses/pegasi (or trying to, anyway. She loves a challenge)
Coffee/Cocoa on a cold night
Hanging out with her sister, Zo
Causing mischief on occasion

Dislikes:
Cheaters
Bullies
Annoying, obnoxious people
Loud-mouths
Losing, but she's not a poor sport about it
The ocean
Summer heat
Mistreatment or disrespect of others
Cats (dont judge..bad experience as a kid)
Fashion
"Girly" things
Slackers

History:
Brynn's coming to be was anything short of a miracle.. I mean, as are any of Athena's children. Bronwyn was born to a man named Vernon Knowles. Vern grew up in Oregon but shortly after reaching manhood he fled to the city streets of Brooklyn to take up work, and spend many more years living there. Construction was flourishing at the time, and it seemed he was never out of work. Hardly had any downtime, but Vern knew he'd eventually have to make time in order to someday start a family of his own. Unbeknownst to him, that gift would be granted to him in the form of a little bundle wrapped up in a deep red blanket, a note pinned to the front of it. He'd read the note and realize what he'd been given, and tasked with. He'd go on to tell his family members that he'd decided to adopt a child rather than waste time trying to find someone to be with who could provide a said family for him.. with him.

Vern spent the first few years raising Brynn on his own. As Brynn grew, her abilities began to show through. At the young age of 4, just on the cusp of her 5th birthday, Brynn's father sent her away to camp to begin her training. Being a young child, Brynn didn't take to it too well the first summer. Not only did she not understand why she had been sent there in the first place, but it was also the fact she was nearly killed upon entering the camp that had her freaked out. A manticore chased her into camp, managing to swipe her across her back with its gnarly claws. A satyr and a few older campers heard her screams and came out to fight off the beast, helping her into the safety of the camp. After she was treated for her wounds and calmed down, Brynn was told of who she was and where she came from, and where she was for the summer. Although her mother claimed her right away, upon arriving, she did not get to meet her. Much to young Brynn's disappointment.

She returned home for the school year, and the following year came back with a vengeance to learn all that she could and make her daddy proud. And her mother, Athena, as well of course. Brynn grew to hold no ill-will towards her mother after learning the reasons why her mother had to stay away. Brynn spent years going to camp during the summers until the year 2017 came, Brynn being at the ripe age of 13. It was time to head off back to camp, and she was as excited as ever. Unbeknownst to Brynn, she had been being hunted for several weeks prior. Vern was getting their truck ready to make the trip down to camp when they were attacked by a fairly large cyclops. Unfortunately, there's no happy ending to this story. Without going into too much detail, Brynn's father didn't make it out alive. He sacrificed himself for his daughter's life, and managed to allow her to escape. Luckily by this age, Vern had taught her how to properly drive and she did just that, all the way to camp.

She's been inside the camp walls, since. A fire had somehow been started in their home, so it wasn't very hard to have faked her death. She's since stayed at camp and has made a year-round home out of it. Since her father's death, her training has become more intense and she in herself has become more fierce. She's more than ready to take on her next quest. They help her clear her mind. Sitting around camp for extended periods of time makes her antsy.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item: Kopis

Description: Dual upward-curving swords

Appearance

Name of Weapon or Item: Shield..?

Description: Wooden shield with an owl on it

Appearance

Name of Weapon or Item: Shasta

Description: 6 foot spear

Appearance

Name of Weapon or Item: They don't exactly have names..

Description: Wrist guards with hidden knives

Appearance

Skills:
+ Sword fighting
+ Archery
+ Hand-to-Hand
+- Spear fighting (still learning)
+- Strategies

Abilities:
* Agility
* Average endurance
* Fast reflexes

Weaknesses:
* Emotion
* Inferiority
* Mentions of her dad
* Leadership
* Heavier weapons, such as hammers

Powers:
Has great control over a range of weapons.
Highly skilled in armed and hand-to-hand combat.
Pet
Appearance
Name:
Jacque; some call him "Jack", though. So his nickname is "Jack-Jack"
Species: Dog; Dutch Shepherd
Abilities: Follows French and English commands. French commands are attack commands, while English are normal, common ones. Even taught him how to follow Harry Potter inspired tricks, too. Like "Avada Kedavra", is "Play dead", "Alohamora" is used to get him to open doors (mostly just the ones with pull-down handles), and "Accio (insert name of item here)" will get him to bring me whatever it is I ask for, as long as he knows what that is. Things like that. It's cute, okay? Don't judge me for being a nerd.

Other: "I keep the necklace my ex, Taite Jernigan (19-year-old Son of Ares), gave me. It's a paper crane necklace. I also have access to and property of a sportster. My dad had it hidden away for me. He was going to give it to me on my 16th birthday. I also have a tattoo. Well, technically two, but they are identical. I've got owl wings on both shoulders."

Accepted.

tumblr_inline_p8ahnv35Eo1urfelz_540.gif

"Do you like this book? I like this book."
Name: Zoey Kepler
Nickname: ZKep (don't ask)
Age and date of birth: January 4th, 18 years old.

Mortal Parent(s): Thomas Kepler
Sibling(s): Brynn Knowles (<3)

Height and build: 5'06"
Weight: 140 lbs

Appearance: Zoey is not one to be really into fashion. Fashion is much too complicated for her to keep up with. One day things like infinity scarves are in and the next day it's like they never even existed. As a result, Zoey keeps to a rather simple wardrobe. No frilly shit that costs three figures -- just simple stuff like t-shirts, jeans, and hoodies galore. Makeup is also rather simple if she decides to wear it. Zoey opts to keep it off most of the time, but she likes to employ a rather natural palette moreso meant to hide her flaws than show off her strong suits.

Personality:
Zoey is a rather carefree and bubbly individual. She prefers to keep a rather positive and upbeat demeanor around her to keep herself from falling victim to the rather recent trend of teenagers and young adults falling victim to whatever mental ailment they have and being heavily afflicted by it. Not to mention that everyone she's met so far has been friendly, so it has rubbed off onto her. She'll try to socialize and be friendly with everyone, and hope that she can form a beneficial relationship between them. With that being said Zoey does have her moments and she does fall victim to her depression from time to time. It's a rather dark time when her depression hits her.

Zoey is also very protective and possessive of her loved ones, which extends to her half sisters and brothers. Zoey is more than willing to put her life down on the line for them if it meant that they had a much better chance of getting out of the situation in better shape than they would if she wasn't there. She is also a firm believer in the notion that family just doesn't extend to people who you share blood with, but rather people you share a strong bond with.
Fatal Flaw:
Anxiety. Zoey has the constant need to succeed and perform and as a result the pressure has manifested itself into anxiety and at some point it will get the better of her.

Fears:
  • Death itself.
  • Spiders
  • Heights -- this one is the worst one of all. Heights will also cripple Zoey.

• Oranges, she likes them peeled so she can eat the whole thing.
  • Dogs.
  • That little ouchy feeling you get when you stretch just to the right point
  • Warmth -- whether it'd be from other people or from things like blankets.
  • Books
  • Swords - Zoey has a weird fascination from them that may or may not be rooted from her presence at this camp as well as her mother.

Dislikes:
  • Pickles
  • Wet socks
  • Puddles
  • Gloomy weather that doesn't amount to rain
  • Death/Grief in general
  • Beef - Zoey just can't handle knowing how bad it is for the environment. Chicken is a better meat anyway.

History:
Zoey Kepler was born in Portland, Oregon, USA to a single father who just so happened to be a chef at a local diner. The whereabouts of her mother were unknown for the most part during her uprising. She didn't understand why, but to everyone else she just seemed a little different than the others. There was nothing that could actually be pinpointed about her back then, but everyone didn't really mesh with her. Whether it'd be no common interests or the fact that they simply didn't like Zoey's face. Whatever the case may be, Zoey found herself rather isolated during her first few years. It didn't help that her mother was nowhere to be seen, so whenever family events happened at school, Zoey was often left alone and parentless since her father was so busy tending to his diner and her mother was... well you know what happened to her mother.

Middle school was pretty much the same, only way worse. Puberty, acne, and braces. All of these things had only worsened Zoey's self esteem and confidence as she went through what is probably the worst years of her lives. It was endless teasing, bullying, and all of that fun stuff for no apparent reason other than the fact that she may have been different. Usual bully justification, y'know? Things about how chubby her cheeks were, how her eyes were green, or even going so far as to bringing up the fact that Zoey's mother was nowhere to be seen and that her dad was pretty much never home as a kid. Asshole middle school kids were always doing their thing, and that wasn't a fun ride for Zoey as she grew up.

A few years later, though, the true nature of Zoey came up. In a random dinner conversation one day, Zoey merely teased her dad about the origins of her mom. Only, there was no obligatory joking response. He had set down his fork and told Zoey the truth. It had turned out the reason why Zoey was so different was that she was a half-blood; that there was a camp somewhere in the country that would be much better suited for her to go to in order to regain her confidence and be with people just like her. Without even blinking, Zoey agreed to go and that was how she got to where she is today.

Theme Song
(Optional)[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Everest
Description:
It is a specially made kopis that is modified to be more accessible to Zoey's shorter and stockier build.
Appearance:
97kmp18s.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item
Son of Coul

Description:
It is a generic shield.

Appearance
ah3721.jpg

Skills:
  • Speedreading - Zoey can read really quickly while absorbing about 80% of the information on the page.
  • Sewing - she's not too good at it but she'll put it down on a skills list.
  • Writing
  • Organizational skills
  • Flexibility

Abilities:
  • Adept in Swordfighting
  • Also adept in archery
  • Mediocre hand-to-hand combat skills
  • Light Acrobatics

Weaknesses:
  • There is a small section in her side that will cause her to jump and yelp and drop whatever she's holding.
  • Her family
  • Electricity

Powers:
  • As she is the child of Athena, she has a very strong prowess for strategy and leadership. Zoey will think up of something no matter any situation, but it's not guaranteed to work.

Pet(s): (Put N/A if you don't have one. No pressure.)
Appearance:
img_8709c.jpg

Name: Selena
Species: Dog - German Shepherd
Abilities: Selena can sniff out just about anything. She also has a ferocious bite and can understand a wide range of commands from Zoey, including but not limited to: roll, heel, bite Ryland's arm off, and so on.

Other: N/A

Accepted.

tumblr_o2969p7ETf1v7g758o1_250.gif

"People should get what they deserve. Nothing more, nothing less."
Name: Aella Perez
Nickname: Ella, A, "Petty Bitch"
Age and date of birth: 15 / August 4th, 2005

Godly Parent: Nemesis
Mortal Parent(s): Octavio Perez
Sibling(s): (Human) A half-sibling she has never met / (Godly) ???

Height and build: 5'5" / Lean, athletic build
Weight: 120 lbs

Appearance:

Aella Perez stands at a fairly average height, with a lean body. Her hair is a dark brown that reaches just past her shoulder blades; it is somewhat thick with a wavy appearance. Aella's eyes are a warm brown color, and she often frames them with some degree of eyeliner and mascara. She prefers comfortable, practical clothing, tending towards tanktops and combat boots more than anything else. Most of her clothes are either black or red, with the occasional blue thrown in. Her ears are pierced, though she doesn't wear much jewelry.

Personality:

Aella is the kind of person you go to when you need an objective opinion. She’s honest to a fault, but some can appreciate that. She might not be good at showing it, but she cares deeply for her fellow campers and often finds herself feeling protective of them. At the same time, however, she is extremely judgmental; she is quick to pick people apart and sometimes focuses on people’s flaws a bit too much. Despite this, she understands that she’s also far from perfect. Aella has a deep respect for authority, and obeys orders without question. She is quick to lash out at people, even for more trivial problems or insults. However, she actively enjoys the company of others, and does her best to be a social presence in the camp. Most of the time, she can be found giving swordplay lessons to others, particularly younger campers. Aella enjoys staying in shape, and can be seen jogging around camp early in the morning.

Aella's reputation, however, is that of a petty, vengeful, and sometimes cold-hearted girl. Any perceived slights against her-or those she cares for-is met with brutal retaliation in some form or another. However, she is careful not to go too far, and is very particular in distributing what she believes to be "equal justice." In other words, she is a strong believer in exchanging an eye for an eye; she despises harming others without a justifiable cause, and often stands up for those who are victims of such treatment. In addition to this, Aella is rather closed off; while she is comfortable around others, she tends to be very secretive, and seldom shares her deeper thoughts and feelings. She can seem distant to those who don't know her well, as it takes some time for her to warm up to others.

Fatal Flaw: Her strong desire for vengeance.

Fears: Failure, isolation, emotional vulnerability/intimacy

Likes: Music, animals, pegasus riding, sparring, competitions, video games, reading, kids

Dislikes: Arrogance, laziness, overbearing/intrusive people, crowds, loud noises, dishonesty

History:

Aella Perez-named after one of Hippolyte’s Amazons-was born in Brooklyn to a wealthy businessman named Octavio Perez. By all accounts, Aella had a relatively happy life growing up; she went to a nice private school (specifically to help her cope with her dyslexia), she lived in an expensive house, and her father bought her whatever she liked. But one thing was always conspicuously absent: her mother. Anytime she would ask her father where her mother was, Octavio would get uncomfortable and dodge the question. When Aella was old enough to understand relationships a bit better, she assumed her mother had left them. At first, this disturbed her, but her life was just fine without a maternal figure; eventually, she got over it.

At the age of 12, Aella started to notice some strange events happening around her. For one, strangers would occasionally stare at her, almost as if they knew her. While it was unnerving-especially for a young girl-nothing ever truly happened. As such, she shook it off and figured it was just her imagination. However, things began to escalate when she turned 13, as people began to follow her around. She was never caught alone, thanks to her father, who insisted on bringing her to and from school. All of this caused Aella to become extremely paranoid and anxious, which was only worsened by her father’s increasingly secretive behavior.

Not long after her 13th birthday, Aella found herself home one night without her father, who was forced to attend a business conference overseas. In his refusal to leave Aella alone, he hired a bodyguard to stay with her during this time. As Aella sat in her room doing homework and eating dinner, a loud banging sound on her door startled her. As she opened the door, the bodyguard her father hired jumped her. Revealing himself to be a lycanthrope, he attempted to kill Aela on the spot. However, Aella managed to survive by stabbing him in the eye with a fork (she would later realize this fork was made of silver). After explaining what happened to the police, Aella was deemed to have been in shock; upon her father’s return, however, she found out the truth.

The truth was that Aella’s mother was Nemesis, the Greek goddess of balance, justice, retribution, and vengeance. Nemesis appeared to Octavio one day as a beautiful intern at his company, who he began to have a relationship with. But shortly after Aella was born, Nemesis revealed her true intentions to Octavio: retribution. Octavio confessed to his daughter that he was a deadbeat father; she had a half-sibling somewhere in the world that he abandoned, as he felt too cowardly to raise a child at only 20. So, he left his child and then-girlfriend to their own devices, vanishing one day and never returning. Nemesis’ duty was to balance his wrongdoing; so, after revealing her identity, she simply vanished, leaving Octavio a single father.

For a long time, Aella felt betrayed by her father. He hid the truth from her for 13 years, before finally telling her that she was only born as “divine retribution.” In her mind, his lying nearly got her killed. Their relationship seemed to be irreparably damaged; so when a goat-man (who Aella later found out was a satyr) showed up offering to take Aella somewhere safe, she jumped at the chance. Octavio didn’t protest, seeing as she would be safe, but allowing her to leave broke his heart. The two write letters to each other once a month or so, but otherwise rarely speak.

Now, Aella stays year-round at Camp Half-Blood, and is more than content with that.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
latest

Name of Weapon or Item: "Adrestia", meaning "she who cannot be escaped" in Ancient Greek.

Description: Adrestia is a celestial bronze whip, with a pointed end. It was given to Aella by her mother, as a sort of peace offering between the two. The lash of the whip can extend at Aella's will, reaching up to 10 feet in length. It can also retract into the handle, making it easier to travel with. She can use it as a bladed weapon to slice foes, but she can also restrain opponents by looping it around a torso or limb.

41Yd5Eeg2XL.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item: Usually called a "xiphos"

Description: Aella's xiphos is a double-edged shortsword that she has as a backup weapon. It is approximately 20 inches in length.

General Skills:

• Learning new languages
• Singing
• Teaching
• Animal care

Combat Skills:

•Whips
•Swordplay
•Boxing
•Pegasus flying

Abilities:

•General athleticism
•Flexibility
•Agility

Weaknesses:

•Bad temper
•Insecurity
•Heavier weapons
•Much bigger/stronger opponents

Powers:

Vengeful Strength - Aella becomes a stronger fighter when her goal is revenge.
Tychokinesis - Aella can control luck to a certain extent. In other words, can “even the odds” for herself and her allies, especially when disadvantaged.

Pet(s):

latest

Name: Phantom
Species: Pegasus
Abilities: Obeys English commands (when he feels like it). Like most pegasi, Phantom can fly. He is good for transportation, and is also unafraid of combat.

Other: Aella can speak both English and Spanish, English being her second language.

Accepted.

edeb82b455e7f90518d83e8c16809df1.jpg

“A life without love is not worth living.”
Name: Marco DePaulo
Nickname: Marco, Pretty Boy
Age and date of birth: 17, 2/14/03
Sexuality: Pansexual and Polyamorous

Godly Parent: Aphrodite
Mortal Parent(s): Theodore DePaulo
Sibling(s): Many from his mother.

Height and build: 6’1”, and slightly muscular, nice and cut, but not too muscular. He keeps in shape.
Weight: 140

Appearance:
Marco is usually a very sharply dressed person, even at camp. He likes wearing a button up shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, dress pants, a smart pair of shoes, and sometimes a vest. At camp, he wear the camp-shirt, and jeans, as well as sneakers. He keeps his hair short, and well kempt. He has beautiful hazel eyes with golden rims, and with skin that he calls milk chocolate brown. He stands tall, and proud, and hides his muscle well in his slim frame.

Personality:
Marco is one of the friendliest and most open people he knows, or he claims so. However, he is a very caring young man, that cares deeply for anyone he calls friend of lover. However, under it all, he is a bundle of worries and self consciousness. He is always worried about hurting someone he cares for by accident, because he’s seen what happened to his father… after what happened with his mother. He also can be a bit stubborn, not willing to budge on some things, saying that it might be ‘worth the risk.’

Marco usually hides away his anxiety behind the face of the charming young man he is. He tries to be friendly to everyone, even if he might dislike them. He is one to always offer clothing and advice to others in need, even if it sometimes is not always wanted. He can be serious when the moment calls for it, and has managed to surprise others with this side of himself. Of course, he is a flirt as well, but he never ever flirts when told to cut it out.

Fatal Flaw:
Personal Loyalty: Marco would give the world for his friends. He would literally trade anything for those he calls for and calls family and friends.

Fears:
  • Breaking the heart of someone he truly cares for.
  • Hurting someone he cares about.
  • His dad finding out the truth about his mom.

• Coffee
  • Strawberries
  • Spending time with people he cares about
  • Fashion
  • Seeing others happy
  • Emily
  • Sewing

Dislikes:
  • Lying to his father
  • The games some of his siblings play with other people’s hearts
  • His mother’s behavior
  • Tea
  • Racist people
  • Ry (Reasons)

History:
Marco’s father was a young supermodel, around twenty two years in age, when he started dating this beautiful young lady model that he met. The two had a story book romance, falling in love quickly, and they looked rather handsome together. However, right as Marco’s father was getting ready to propose, the woman vanished, leaving him alone for seven months. At the end of that, a basket with a note and a baby appeared in it on his doorstep. There was nothing more in the note that a simple apology and the name of the baby.

Marco grew up doted on by his single father, but there was always a lingering sadness in the poor man. His heart had been crushed, broken by this beautiful woman, and whenever Marco would ask about his mother, he could tell that the hurt was real, so he learned quickly to not ask about his mother.

Marco and his father always knew that he was not going to be a normal boy, as he took an interest in fashion, needle felting, and both boys and girls quickly in his life. However, besides some trouble with school work and being diagnosed with both ADHD and dyslexia as a young age, his teachers always found him a charming and sweet boy, and it seemed that Marco was always able to talk himself out of any sort of terrible trouble that he might be in.

When he was about twelve, he made friends with a rather odd boy, and they became close over the year. It was towards the end of the year that the boy revealed what he was, what Marco was and told him of Camp Half-Blood. Marco was interested, and told his father it was a fashion summer camp, and then packed up and went there. He’s been back every summer since then, for the last five years. He still wants to punch his mother in the face if he ever meets her, but other than that, he’s quite happy.

Theme Song
All You Need is Love

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Mínyma (Message)
Description:
A compact that sends out messages like an Iris message. Marco needs to focus on whom he wants to talk to.
Appearance:

Skills:
    • Some gardening skills
    • How to accessorize
    • People skills
    • Cooking
    • Needle felting
    • Animal care
    • Fashion skills
    • Sewing
    • Some knife fighting ability
    • Some sword fighting
    • Some spear fighting

Abilities:

• Sewing skills
    • Knife skills
    • Amazing Stamina
    • Amazing knowledge of fashion
    • Unable to fully climb the climbing wall, but can get up half way
    • Matchmaking

Weaknesses:
Does not like it when his nice clothing gets stained and will fuss over his clothing. Is not an amazing fighter, and prone to flirting instead of practicing fighting. Also, Emily.

Powers:

• Charm speak, minor ability. (Ability to use his voice to charm people.)
    • Ability to speak the ‘Romance’ languages. (Can speak Italian, French and Spanish.)

Pet(s): Milo
Appearance:
hqdefault.jpg

Name: Milo
Species: Sugar Glider
Abilities: Gliding, being cute, eating food.
Other:

He makes each meal for his little sugar glider by hand. He does enjoy singing, even if he’s not a child of Apollo. His first kiss was with a boy when he was 12.​

Accepted.

iYEBayK.png

"Sometimes I just cause trouble because I can."
Name: Ozymandius Julson
Nickname: "Oz"
Age and date of birth: 17, February
Sexuality: Straight
Godly Parent: Poseidon, God of the Sea
Mortal Parent: Maria Julson, Deceased
Height and build: 5'11, Athletic
Weight: 200 lbs.

Personality:
Oz is a fast friend, timid towards others, and fierce towards enemies. He is not so easy to offend or anger, and does not enjoy making trouble for others. He has a sour sense of humor, and often shows it in the form of sarcastic remarks or a dark joke. Despite this, he has no wish to actively hurt another's feelings, and will attempt to make amends if possible. He's a pretty trusting person, easily considering people friends, but also forms pretty solid opinions of people quickly, determining whether or not they are worth his time.

Fatal Flaw: Pride

Fears: Heights, Failing his friends, Fire, Dentists, Guns

Dislikes: Spiders, Salmon (as a food), grapes.

History:
Oz was born a child of Poseidon, raised alone by his mother, and at least for a half-blood, grew up rather normally. He had pretty typical friends as a kid, and as he aged, got to do plenty of things that normal demigods might not have. His mother was always especially watchful of her child, and always seemed to show up just whenever there was danger. The sleepy little coastal town that Oz was raised in didn't have much danger though. By and large his mother had picked a place perfect for raising a child of a god, out of the way of typical places monsters might look for demigod prey. Additionally, Maria Julson had been gifted by Poseidon a potion to disguise the scent godliness in Oz. A medicine that lasted until he was thirteen.

When Oz did turn thirteen, the potion wore off. It was during this time that Oz visited a dentist to have his teeth cleaned, which turned poorly very quickly. As soon as the boy was taken back to have his teeth cleaned and had sat down in the chair, the dentist, who was a telkhine in disguise, attempted to kill Oz. He was too quick though, and managed to escape the creature, shouting for help. The Telkhine attempted to follow, chasing the boy and his mother out of the office. A nearby police officer (later revealed to be a disguised satyr watching over Oz) intervened, shooting the telkhine with a gun, wounding the creature. A few more Telkhines (other members of staff in the "dentist" office) came out of the office and attacked the Satyr. In the ensuing struggle the firearm went off and a stray bullet struck Maria Julson in the head, killing her instantly. After a brief fight, the Satyr managed to drive the Telkhines back and grabbed Oz, escaping with him and taking him to Camp Half-Blood.

Once at Camp Half-Blood, Oz became a permenant camper. Despite heavy counseling about the death of his mother, the boy withdrew into himself and made few friends, prefering to spend time by himself. However, when a quest dealing with retrieving an ancient greek spellbook came up two years into his time at came halfblood, he was sent along. The quest went well, with everyone returning safe and intact. Oz even gained the "Canteen of Spring" on the quest. He did, however, return with a fear of fire, owing to an event on the quest that he refused to talk about. Afterwards, he opened up, and became friends with a few people, particularly the ones that he left with on his quest. He became a model camper, and dedicated himself to becoming stronger. As a result, he was sent along on two other quests that were successful in the following years. Nowadays, he resides at camp, having fun and enjoying life, wondering when his next quest will come.

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item: Canteen of the Spring
Description: A small metal canteen that contains a supply of fresh water that magically refills three times a day, obtained by Oz on his first quest.
Appearance: It is a small metal canteen, typical of that would have been issued to US soldier's during World War Two.

Name of Weapon or Item: Porphilus
Description: A cutlass gifted to Oz by his father on his sixteenth birthday, it was forged by the cyclopes in Poseidon's Palace. It has been enchanted so that it changes into a small flashlight when not in use.
Appearance: A small, undescript black flashlight that turns into a stunning celestial bronze cutlass with beautiful engravings depicting the sea along the hilt. The engravings add decoration without taking away from the utility of the weapon, making it a beautiful reaper of death.

Skills:
-Excellent Swordsmanship

Abilities:
-Excellent Reaction times
-Good Agility
-Good Strength
-Great Control over Powers

Weaknesses:
-Extreme temperatures, hot or cold, effect his combat ability more so then other demigods.
-Low Resistance: Oz's resistance to magical or extraneous influences are lower then most, and he is effected by powers such as charm speak in more drastic ways then others.
-Fear of Firearms: Due to the events surrounding his mother's death, Oz has a paralyzing and irrational fear of firearms.
-Impulsive: Oz is too impulsive for his own good, often doing things without a second thought or plunging into danger recklessly

Powers:
-Hydrokinesis: Put simply, the ability to manipulate water at will. This can be drawn from any source, though the more stagnant and acrid the pool, the more difficult to control it will be. Additionally, the water of the body is out of reach for this ability.
-Sea and Equine Creature Communication: Oz can communicate telepathically with animals that belong in the Sea, or were created by Poseidon (such as horses).
-Home Territory: The Water is Oz's home. In it, he is given many advantages. He can breathe in it, not be crushed by pressure, and move easily in it. Additionally, it can heal small cuts, scrapes, and nicks, and increases his stamina.

Pet(s): N/A

Other: None

Reactions: Moro
iYEBayK.png

"Sometimes I just cause trouble because I can."
Name: Ozymandius Julson
Nickname: "Oz"
Age and date of birth: 17, February
Sexuality: Straight
Godly Parent: Poseidon, God of the Sea
Mortal Parent: Maria Julson, Deceased
Height and build: 5'11, Athletic
Weight: 200 lbs.

Personality:
Oz is a fast friend, timid towards others, and fierce towards enemies. He is not so easy to offend or anger, and does not enjoy making trouble for others. He has a sour sense of humor, and often shows it in the form of sarcastic remarks or a dark joke. Despite this, he has no wish to actively hurt another's feelings, and will attempt to make amends if possible. He's a pretty trusting person, easily considering people friends, but also forms pretty solid opinions of people quickly, determining whether or not they are worth his time.

Fatal Flaw: Pride

Fears: Heights, Failing his friends, Fire, Dentists, Guns

Dislikes: Spiders, Salmon (as a food), grapes.

History:
Oz was born a child of Poseidon, raised alone by his mother, and at least for a half-blood, grew up rather normally. He had pretty typical friends as a kid, and as he aged, got to do plenty of things that normal demigods might not have. His mother was always especially watchful of her child, and always seemed to show up just whenever there was danger. The sleepy little coastal town that Oz was raised in didn't have much danger though. By and large his mother had picked a place perfect for raising a child of a god, out of the way of typical places monsters might look for demigod prey. Additionally, Maria Julson had been gifted by Poseidon a potion to disguise the scent godliness in Oz. A medicine that lasted until he was thirteen.

When Oz did turn thirteen, the potion wore off. It was during this time that Oz visited a dentist to have his teeth cleaned, which turned poorly very quickly. As soon as the boy was taken back to have his teeth cleaned and had sat down in the chair, the dentist, who was a telkhine in disguise, attempted to kill Oz. He was too quick though, and managed to escape the creature, shouting for help. The Telkhine attempted to follow, chasing the boy and his mother out of the office. A nearby police officer (later revealed to be a disguised satyr watching over Oz) intervened, shooting the telkhine with a gun, wounding the creature. A few more Telkhines (other members of staff in the "dentist" office) came out of the office and attacked the Satyr. In the ensuing struggle the firearm went off and a stray bullet struck Maria Julson in the head, killing her instantly. After a brief fight, the Satyr managed to drive the Telkhines back and grabbed Oz, escaping with him and taking him to Camp Half-Blood.

Once at Camp Half-Blood, Oz became a permenant camper. Despite heavy counseling about the death of his mother, the boy withdrew into himself and made few friends, prefering to spend time by himself. However, when a quest dealing with retrieving an ancient greek spellbook came up two years into his time at came halfblood, he was sent along. The quest went well, with everyone returning safe and intact. Oz even gained the "Canteen of Spring" on the quest. He did, however, return with a fear of fire, owing to an event on the quest that he refused to talk about. Afterwards, he opened up, and became friends with a few people, particularly the ones that he left with on his quest. He became a model camper, and dedicated himself to becoming stronger. As a result, he was sent along on two other quests that were successful in the following years. Nowadays, he resides at camp, having fun and enjoying life, wondering when his next quest will come.

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item: Canteen of the Spring
Description: A small metal canteen that contains a supply of fresh water that magically refills three times a day, obtained by Oz on his first quest.
Appearance: It is a small metal canteen, typical of that would have been issued to US soldier's during World War Two.

Name of Weapon or Item: Porphilus
Description: A cutlass gifted to Oz by his father on his sixteenth birthday, it was forged by the cyclopes in Poseidon's Palace. It has been enchanted so that it changes into a small flashlight when not in use.
Appearance: A small, undescript black flashlight that turns into a stunning celestial bronze cutlass with beautiful engravings depicting the sea along the hilt. The engravings add decoration without taking away from the utility of the weapon, making it a beautiful reaper of death.

Skills:
-Excellent Swordsmanship

Abilities:
-Excellent Reaction times
-Good Agility
-Good Strength
-Great Control over Powers

Weaknesses:
-Extreme temperatures, hot or cold, effect his combat ability more so then other demigods.
-Low Resistance: Oz's resistance to magical or extraneous influences are lower then most, and he is effected by powers such as charm speak in more drastic ways then others.
-Fear of Firearms: Due to the events surrounding his mother's death, Oz has a paralyzing and irrational fear of firearms.
-Impulsive: Oz is too impulsive for his own good, often doing things without a second thought or plunging into danger recklessly

Powers:
-Hydrokinesis: Put simply, the ability to manipulate water at will. This can be drawn from any source, though the more stagnant and acrid the pool, the more difficult to control it will be. Additionally, the water of the body is out of reach for this ability.
-Sea and Equine Creature Communication: Oz can communicate telepathically with animals that belong in the Sea, or were created by Poseidon (such as horses).
-Home Territory: The Water is Oz's home. In it, he is given many advantages. He can breathe in it, not be crushed by pressure, and move easily in it. Additionally, it can heal small cuts, scrapes, and nicks, and increases his stamina.

Pet(s): N/A

Other: None

Accepted

@Jason Targaryen I've edited the post, and also thank you for the corrections; I'm still new to the franchise and learning about the lore and all.

1238b10061a23cfc8006419de8ebcd0e.jpg

"It's easier working with machines. A broken machine is easier to fix than a broken person"
Name: Corona Talos
Nickname: Cora, Beer Girl (she isn't too fond of this one)
Age and date of birth: August 13, 18

Godly Parent: Hephaestus
Mortal Parent(s): Solana Talos
Sibling(s): Aurora Talos (Younger, Deceased)

Height and build: 5'6", Lithe build.
Weight: 130 pounds

Appearance:

Corona stands at about five feet and six inches tall, with a light tan complexion. She dyes her shoulder-length hair red but leaves a small portion of it dyed in golden highlights. She owes her lean yet somewhat muscular figure to years of tinkering and smithing she had spent at the forges at camp. While her way of clothing may be off putting to some campers, she still dresses in a minimalist fashion since she finds it easier to work in the forges without as much clothing restricting her movements. She doesn't need the extra protective clothing anyways since she's fireproof. On the off chance that she does get sent on a quest, she would switch her clothing in favor of plain jeans and shirts to attract as little attention as possible (which is kinda a hard thing considering her hair color).

Personality:

If there's one thing that would describe Corona, it would be over-achiever, or perfectionist, take your pick. The trauma of her sister's death due to a failure of one of her inventions has scarred her and resulted in her obsessive-compulsive tendency to produce the best work among any of her half-siblings in the Hephaestus cabin. This has led her to have little time for social interactions at camp and consequently she does tend to come off as awkward when she does mingle with her fellow campers. Sure most people admire her work, but the same cannot be said towards the creator, herself.

The few friends she has, however, would describe her as dependable, kind and caring, despite being rough around the edges at first. She hates being disturbed at work because she fears making fatal mistakes, either for her, or her fellow campers who would use her creations. And she doesn't socialize much because she spends most of her time learning and improving her work. If there's one advantage being an anxious overachiever gives her, it's that she'll probably be the most determined person you'll ever meet.

Fatal Flaw:

Ambition - Corona's fatal flaw is Ambition stemming from the fear of failing not only herself but others around her and getting them killed much in the same way as her sister, Aurora. At the moment, she seeks to improve the camp's defenses using Automatons and automated turrets to not only defend the camp from attacks but also allow fleeing half bloods a chance to reach the camp's borders before any monsters could get to them. Ultimately, she wants to build something that would surpass her namesake.

Fears:

- Large dogs
- making something faulty that ends up hurting someone or getting them killed
- failing others when she knows she could have done something to avoid that.
- very loud noises (I.e. explosions, thunder)

- Warm baths
- Milk
-Rainy Nights
- Bandit (Her Pet Ferret)
-Tinkering
-Automatons, specially the animal ones.

Dislikes:
- Failure
-Faulty Machines
-Large Dogs (she has no problem with small ones except chihuahuas.)
-Thunderstorms
-Being Socially Awkward

History:

Corona was born into a family of blacksmiths... or at least that should have been the case. However, her mother, Solana, would be considered the black sheep of the family. While the lineage of the Talos family had always been comprised of blacksmiths, Solana wanted to become more than a metalworker. Thus, after learning all she could from her parents and grandfather, she started reading books on engineering and experimenting with bits and pieces of scrap metal she could find to create inventions to help around the family business.

Unfortunately, her parents did not take too kindly to their daughter's ingenuity, expressing the importance in keeping the family's techniques and traditions instead of relying on these mechanical oddities and abominations. It only had gotten worse when her grandfather, the only person who encouraged her to go above and beyond tradition passed away. Without anyone having Solana's back, her parents decided to do one last drastic attempt to "convince" their daughter of the importance of tradition. While she was away from home, visiting her grandfather's grave, the two quickly went to work, tearing apart and melting every single one of her inventions and turning them into the only thing they considered to be truly valuable to them, scrap metal. Crestfallen at the apparent cruelty of her parents, Solana ran away from home, vowing never to return until she could prove her parents wrong and make a name for herself.

A few years later, after saving enough money from juggling multiple jobs, she was finally able to open a machine shop of her own at the tender age of 23 years old. It was a small shop at first but her apparent skill with metalworking, and the goofy yet useful trinkets and inventions she tinkered manages to attract the attention of another skilled blacksmith. The two would quickly become partners and would produce highly lauded works, from weapons, to statues, and even contraptions straight out of a steampunk fantasy story. However, those weren't the only things they produced. Mutual admiration quickly turned into love and soon, Solana gave birth to twin girls, Aurora and Corona. However, as soon as the girls were born, Solana's husband revealed to her his true identity and subsequently left their lives afterword.

From a young age, it was apparent that Corona took after her parents. While Aurora seemed to be interested in things that are considered normal for girls her age, Corona would often be found by her mother's side in the family workshop, absorbing as much knowledge as she could and putting that knowledge into practice, much to her mother's delight. Her daughter's skill came as no surprise to Solana considering who her father was, a fact that she kept under wraps until one tragic day.

When the twins were 10 years old, they were left in the care of their neighbor while Solana was out delivering an order for one of her clients. Both twins were left to their own devices at the workshop as Corona was tinkering with a new device, undoubtedly from another one of her Eureka moments inspired by the wide-selection of fantasy and sci--fi movies her mother had collected over the years. Suddenly, a gigantic black dog, the size of a van stormed the workshop and attacked the two girls. Corona was able to leap out of the way, but her sister was hurled across the workshop by the animal with a sickening thud. Injured, and knowing she didn't have much time to live, Aurora reached for a bronze shotgun that was the very first project she and Corona worked on together. She tried shooting the beast, and killed it... for the most part. A malfunction in the gun's design caused an explosion that killed the Hell hound and Aurora. Miraculously, Corona survived but was devastated at the fate that had befell her sister. Her neighbor, and soon enough her mother, arrived at the scene, horror apparent in both of their eyes as they frantically asked the girl what had happened.

When Corona narrated the events leading to the explosion to the two, their neighbor revealed himself to be a satyr and explained that a Hellhound must have tracked the two half bloods into their mother's workshop. Solana explained everything to her daughter afterwards and decided that the best thing she could do for her daughter would be to send her to Camp Half-Blood. There, Chiron would shed light to some of her questions, particularly why she survived the blast but not her sister. From that day on, Corona vowed to never make any mistakes in her creations once again and has since strove to be one of the best Blacksmiths at camp.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:

Greek Name: ανασκαφέας (pronounced as anaskaféas)
English Name: Cliffbreaker

Description:

An axe-war hammer hybrid with a collapsible shaft for increased portability. The axe blade-hammer head, and pommel are made out of celestial bronze while the weapon's shaft was once an enchanted, lignum vitae staff that could alter its length depending on its wielder's preferences. She stumbled upon the staff while she was inspecting the Armory. Upon seeing the weapon, she consulted Chiron about it, who in turn told her of its origins. Apparently Hephaestus was once compelled to replicate the weapon of the Monkey King from chinese literature but couldn't quite decide on the material to use for the shaft. It needed to be lightweight yet durable at the same time as well as have an enchantment to allow it to freely change its size. Demeter gave her permission, to enchant a single specimen of the lignum vitae tree under one condition: that not a single part of the tree's wood would go to waste. Hephaestus readily agreed but upon completing the weapon he found himself in a predicament. A single branch was left over, and fearing Demeter's wrath, he decided to fashion it into a miniature version of the Monkey King's staff and donated it to Camp Half Blood for the campers to use. Even though it was an enchanted weapon, it couldn't exactly kill monsters so nobody bothered claiming it and was left in the armory until Corona found it. Chiron readily gave the staff to Corona, saying that her father would have wanted her to have it. Thus, Corona had the idea of turning the staff into a axe-war hammer. The moment she finished her weapon, it was given another enchantment by her father which allowed it to assume the form of a fanny pack when not in use.

Appearance:

61MyPl06gKL._SY606_.jpg

Skills:

Physical Fitness
Attention to Detail
Smithing
Tinkering
Hand-to-Hand Combat
Polearm Combat

Abilities:
Good Strength
Good Endurance
Excellent Skill with Pole Weapons
Decent Archery and Other Ranged Weapons Skills
Poor Control of Pyrokinesis
Below Average Agility
Poor Knife fighting skills
Below Average Sword Fighting Skills

Weaknesses:
- Socially Awkward
-Stubbornness - it takes skill to persuade Corona to change her mind or open herself to new perspectives once she had set out to do something. A weakness that could potentially be harmful to her in battle.
- Fear of Failure / Producing a faulty weapon or item that ends up harming anyone.

Powers:
Technokinesis - Like most children of Hepahestus, Corona has an innate talent for tinkering and creating almost any kind of useful gadget and gizmos. Corona has shown remarkable prowess in smithing, metalworking, and tinkering even among her peers in the Hephaestus cabin. She takes it one step further by being able to understand how a machine works almost instantaneously with a single touch and operate most machinery with relative ease.

Pyrokinesis- A rare ability that only a few children of Hephaestus possess, Corona considers it a curse and a burden since she deems it unfair that her "Father" would "pick favorites" and deny her sister this gift. An ability that could have potentially saved both of their lives on that fateful day. She rarely uses this ability since it drains her energy significantly yet she finds its passive effect, immunity to fire to be quite useful in her work.

Pet(s):
Appearance:

ruchnoixorek-photo-b4fd.jpg

Name: Bandit
Species: Panda Ferret
Abilities:
Corona has trained Bandit to assist her in the forges by helping her retrieve small items for her like nuts and bolts.

Other:

@Accelerator

1238b10061a23cfc8006419de8ebcd0e.jpg

"It's easier working with machines. A broken machine is easier to fix than a broken person"
Name: Corona Talos
Nickname: Cora, Beer Girl (she isn't too fond of this one)
Age and date of birth: August 13, 18

Godly Parent: Hephaestus
Mortal Parent(s): Solana Talos
Sibling(s): Aurora Talos (Younger, Deceased)

Height and build: 5'6", Lithe build.
Weight: 130 pounds

Appearance:

Corona stands at about five feet and six inches tall, with a light tan complexion. She dyes her shoulder-length hair red but leaves a small portion of it dyed in golden highlights. She owes her lean yet somewhat muscular figure to years of tinkering and smithing she had spent at the forges at camp. While her way of clothing may be off putting to some campers, she still dresses in a minimalist fashion since she finds it easier to work in the forges without as much clothing restricting her movements. She doesn't need the extra protective clothing anyways since she's fireproof. On the off chance that she does get sent on a quest, she would switch her clothing in favor of plain jeans and shirts to attract as little attention as possible (which is kinda a hard thing considering her hair color).

Personality:

If there's one thing that would describe Corona, it would be over-achiever, or perfectionist, take your pick. The trauma of her sister's death due to a failure of one of her inventions has scarred her and resulted in her obsessive-compulsive tendency to produce the best work among any of her half-siblings in the Hephaestus cabin. This has led her to have little time for social interactions at camp and consequently she does tend to come off as awkward when she does mingle with her fellow campers. Sure most people admire her work, but the same cannot be said towards the creator, herself.

The few friends she has, however, would describe her as dependable, kind and caring, despite being rough around the edges at first. She hates being disturbed at work because she fears making fatal mistakes, either for her, or her fellow campers who would use her creations. And she doesn't socialize much because she spends most of her time learning and improving her work. If there's one advantage being an anxious overachiever gives her, it's that she'll probably be the most determined person you'll ever meet.

Fatal Flaw:

Ambition - Corona's fatal flaw is Ambition stemming from the fear of failing not only herself but others around her and getting them killed much in the same way as her sister, Aurora. At the moment, she seeks to improve the camp's defenses using Automatons and automated turrets to not only defend the camp from attacks but also allow fleeing half bloods a chance to reach the camp's borders before any monsters could get to them. Ultimately, she wants to build something that would surpass her namesake.

Fears:

- Large dogs
- making something faulty that ends up hurting someone or getting them killed
- failing others when she knows she could have done something to avoid that.
- very loud noises (I.e. explosions, thunder)

- Warm baths
- Milk
-Rainy Nights
- Bandit (Her Pet Ferret)
-Tinkering
-Automatons, specially the animal ones.

Dislikes:
- Failure
-Faulty Machines
-Large Dogs (she has no problem with small ones except chihuahuas.)
-Thunderstorms
-Being Socially Awkward

History:

Corona was born into a family of blacksmiths... or at least that should have been the case. However, her mother, Solana, would be considered the black sheep of the family. While the lineage of the Talos family had always been comprised of blacksmiths, Solana wanted to become more than a metalworker. Thus, after learning all she could from her parents and grandfather, she started reading books on engineering and experimenting with bits and pieces of scrap metal she could find to create inventions to help around the family business.

Unfortunately, her parents did not take too kindly to their daughter's ingenuity, expressing the importance in keeping the family's techniques and traditions instead of relying on these mechanical oddities and abominations. It only had gotten worse when her grandfather, the only person who encouraged her to go above and beyond tradition passed away. Without anyone having Solana's back, her parents decided to do one last drastic attempt to "convince" their daughter of the importance of tradition. While she was away from home, visiting her grandfather's grave, the two quickly went to work, tearing apart and melting every single one of her inventions and turning them into the only thing they considered to be truly valuable to them, scrap metal. Crestfallen at the apparent cruelty of her parents, Solana ran away from home, vowing never to return until she could prove her parents wrong and make a name for herself.

A few years later, after saving enough money from juggling multiple jobs, she was finally able to open a machine shop of her own at the tender age of 23 years old. It was a small shop at first but her apparent skill with metalworking, and the goofy yet useful trinkets and inventions she tinkered manages to attract the attention of another skilled blacksmith. The two would quickly become partners and would produce highly lauded works, from weapons, to statues, and even contraptions straight out of a steampunk fantasy story. However, those weren't the only things they produced. Mutual admiration quickly turned into love and soon, Solana gave birth to twin girls, Aurora and Corona. However, as soon as the girls were born, Solana's husband revealed to her his true identity and subsequently left their lives afterword.

From a young age, it was apparent that Corona took after her parents. While Aurora seemed to be interested in things that are considered normal for girls her age, Corona would often be found by her mother's side in the family workshop, absorbing as much knowledge as she could and putting that knowledge into practice, much to her mother's delight. Her daughter's skill came as no surprise to Solana considering who her father was, a fact that she kept under wraps until one tragic day.

When the twins were 10 years old, they were left in the care of their neighbor while Solana was out delivering an order for one of her clients. Both twins were left to their own devices at the workshop as Corona was tinkering with a new device, undoubtedly from another one of her Eureka moments inspired by the wide-selection of fantasy and sci--fi movies her mother had collected over the years. Suddenly, a gigantic black dog, the size of a van stormed the workshop and attacked the two girls. Corona was able to leap out of the way, but her sister was hurled across the workshop by the animal with a sickening thud. Injured, and knowing she didn't have much time to live, Aurora reached for a bronze shotgun that was the very first project she and Corona worked on together. She tried shooting the beast, and killed it... for the most part. A malfunction in the gun's design caused an explosion that killed the Hell hound and Aurora. Miraculously, Corona survived but was devastated at the fate that had befell her sister. Her neighbor, and soon enough her mother, arrived at the scene, horror apparent in both of their eyes as they frantically asked the girl what had happened.

When Corona narrated the events leading to the explosion to the two, their neighbor revealed himself to be a satyr and explained that a Hellhound must have tracked the two half bloods into their mother's workshop. Solana explained everything to her daughter afterwards and decided that the best thing she could do for her daughter would be to send her to Camp Half-Blood. There, Chiron would shed light to some of her questions, particularly why she survived the blast but not her sister. From that day on, Corona vowed to never make any mistakes in her creations once again and has since strove to be one of the best Blacksmiths at camp.

Theme Song
[youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:

Greek Name: ανασκαφέας (pronounced as anaskaféas)
English Name: Cliffbreaker

Description:

An axe-war hammer hybrid with a collapsible shaft for increased portability. The axe blade-hammer head, and pommel are made out of celestial bronze while the weapon's shaft was once an enchanted, lignum vitae staff that could alter its length depending on its wielder's preferences. She stumbled upon the staff while she was inspecting the Armory. Upon seeing the weapon, she consulted Chiron about it, who in turn told her of its origins. Apparently Hephaestus was once compelled to replicate the weapon of the Monkey King from chinese literature but couldn't quite decide on the material to use for the shaft. It needed to be lightweight yet durable at the same time as well as have an enchantment to allow it to freely change its size. Demeter gave her permission, to enchant a single specimen of the lignum vitae tree under one condition: that not a single part of the tree's wood would go to waste. Hephaestus readily agreed but upon completing the weapon he found himself in a predicament. A single branch was left over, and fearing Demeter's wrath, he decided to fashion it into a miniature version of the Monkey King's staff and donated it to Camp Half Blood for the campers to use. Even though it was an enchanted weapon, it couldn't exactly kill monsters so nobody bothered claiming it and was left in the armory until Corona found it. Chiron readily gave the staff to Corona, saying that her father would have wanted her to have it. Thus, Corona had the idea of turning the staff into a axe-war hammer. The moment she finished her weapon, it was given another enchantment by her father which allowed it to assume the form of a fanny pack when not in use.

Appearance:

61MyPl06gKL._SY606_.jpg

Skills:

Physical Fitness
Attention to Detail
Smithing
Tinkering
Hand-to-Hand Combat
Polearm Combat

Abilities:
Good Strength
Good Endurance
Excellent Skill with Pole Weapons
Decent Archery and Other Ranged Weapons Skills
Poor Control of Pyrokinesis
Below Average Agility
Poor Knife fighting skills
Below Average Sword Fighting Skills

Weaknesses:
- Socially Awkward
-Stubbornness - it takes skill to persuade Corona to change her mind or open herself to new perspectives once she had set out to do something. A weakness that could potentially be harmful to her in battle.
- Fear of Failure / Producing a faulty weapon or item that ends up harming anyone.

Powers:
Technokinesis - Like most children of Hepahestus, Corona has an innate talent for tinkering and creating almost any kind of useful gadget and gizmos. Corona has shown remarkable prowess in smithing, metalworking, and tinkering even among her peers in the Hephaestus cabin. She takes it one step further by being able to understand how a machine works almost instantaneously with a single touch and operate most machinery with relative ease.

Pyrokinesis- A rare ability that only a few children of Hephaestus possess, Corona considers it a curse and a burden since she deems it unfair that her "Father" would "pick favorites" and deny her sister this gift. An ability that could have potentially saved both of their lives on that fateful day. She rarely uses this ability since it drains her energy significantly yet she finds its passive effect, immunity to fire to be quite useful in her work.

Pet(s):
Appearance:

ruchnoixorek-photo-b4fd.jpg

Name: Bandit
Species: Panda Ferret
Abilities:
Corona has trained Bandit to assist her in the forges by helping her retrieve small items for her like nuts and bolts.

Other:

Approved!

@SoleStride
f1db872f10ba9a9946b0e80f1ac27aae.jpg

“Doing something bad in order to create good… I kinda get it.”

Name: Haydn Mercer

Nickname: N/A

Age and date of birth: 17 – October 17

Godly Parent: Hades

Mortal Parent(s): Sarah Mercer & Ed Mercer(Step-father)

Sibling(s): Justin and Ryan Mercer (Half-brothers)

Height and build: 5’ 9” Ectomorph - thin and long-limbed

Weight: 130

Appearance:

Hadyn is five feet, nine inches tall and is long-limbed and thin for someone of her height. She has very little body fat, but not so much muscle mass either. She had pale, peachy-tanned skin covered in freckles and a long stream of naturally autumn red hair and misty, pale green eyes. Her small, pert nose and arched brows give her a mix of unimpressed and mildly perturbed expression that doesn’t really fit her personality. She can often be spotted wearing clothes that are much too baggy for her slender frame, including large sweaters that hide her figure well.

Personality:

Despite her genetics, Hadyn seems to be the coy, air-headed type. Anyone could easily tell that she got her looks, and her personality, from her mother. Her attitude is more on par with that of a shy introvert who willingly follows along with whatever the nearest extrovert drags her into. She doesn’t have much courage to stand up for herself, nor does she feel the need to. She would rather let things just roll off her shoulders than build up so she stays pretty calm about most things and easily goes with the flow.

However, as with most people who don’t face their problems head-on, Hadyn has a fire in her veins that is just waiting to be set free. There are few things she takes to heart and that make her angry, but if enough of them build up, she could become very capable of proving which God she descended from with a temper that could rival even his name if flared.

Hadyn cherishes friendship and good company, ever the dim-witted smile at the back of the group. She’s just happy to be with people who are willing to have her around, though this makes her an easy target for bullying and jokes if ever anyone felt the need to belittle her. She’s the type to go with it and laugh at herself or say nothing until she’s cast away. She would be grateful for the time she had and seclude herself without argument.

Most people would consider her to be dull and lacking in intelligence, but that’s only true emotionally or socially. Hadyn is bright when it comes to studies, but she remains naïve in the face of human interaction.

Fatal Flaw:

Inferiority – Hadyn thinks of herself as a person with little or nothing to offer. No matter what the danger or situation, others are always better equipped to take care of it, and she is not needed. Hadyn considers herself generally useless, especially in the presence of other Demigods who are generally very skilled and confident.

Fears:

Being unwanted
Becoming a bad person
Physical proximity
Centipedes
Darkness

Baggy, comfy clothes
Hot tea and Cocoa
Being with friends
Naps
Nature/Outdoors
Animals
Reading

Dislikes:
Being cold
Feeling restricted physically
Darkness
Being alone for too long
Most sports
Bullies / Being bullied

History:
Hadyn was born and raised in a small farming community where the houses were small, the fields were large, and your closest neighbor was two miles or more down the gravel road. Her family was made up of farmers as well, except for her mother who never took on the family business and instead worked as an accountant in the closest town. To this day, she doesn’t know the entire story, but it seems her mother had met her biological father in the city while she was out for New Year’s with some coworkers. According to Hadyn’s mother, they had spent four “magical and romantic” months together before the man supposedly moved back home.

Her mother had met her future husband, Ed, while still pregnant with her. And despite the situation, he loved her mother anyway, so they’d gotten hitched like a couple of kids. After Hadyn was born, Justin followed just over a year later, and then Ryan about seven years after him. They were happy together, as a family.

Hadyn’s parents had always been open with her about her biological father, but it didn’t seem to matter to anyone. Hadyn always felt that Ed was her real dad anyway and he treated her as such, as did her half-brothers. It was peaceful. A girl couldn’t want for more than a family who loved her, school friends who cared for her, and a calm place to rest and read. Life was filled with warmth and happiness.

When she entered high school, Hadyn’s happiness was interrupted by a sudden worsening of her dyslexia that made school nearly impossible for her. She began to have nightmares of strange fictional creatures, and then eventually… images of death. Not just any images, mostly feelings she got when around certain people. A creepy shiver tingling up her spine, her vision tunneling slightly, and the world going silent. The feelings didn’t go away. Though they lasted only seconds, she took them to mean something bad and could not let them go. It consumed her along with her nightmares for months until a voice broke through the haze.

The voice continued to become a part of her life for half a year, something she could focus on in times of stress, even knowing that she was probably losing her mind. Finally, after being haunted by it, Hadyn was able to convince her mother to take her on a trip out of state where she was guided to Camp Half-Blood by the voice telling her where to go. Standing at the gates of Camp Half-Blood, Hadyn’s mother came to a realization and was forced to explain what she knew, and thought had been a lie, about Hadyn’s biological father. In order to understand what was happening to her, Hadyn made the choice to stay at Camp Half-Blood where she’d been led and after much convincing, her mother agreed.

She has spent the last year at the camp, laying low as much as possible and staying out of the way while continuing to try to learn about herself and her real father.

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item:
Bident (No actual name)

Description:
A two-pronged spear made of celestial bronze. It was given to her as a form of bullying by another camper who wanted to make jokes about her father. She kept it and is becoming more skilled with it by the day. Its handle is capable of retracing into itself for travel. The prongs can also be removed to be used as twin daggers instead, or as a single-pronged spear.

Appearance:
https://d1s0ws440m13mk.cloudfront.net/original/3X/c/0/c0efd8d708de22a59344d808f32f2018ca14d13b.jpg

Skills:
Playing piano
Cooking
Sewing
Gardening
Research and book work

Abilities:
Endurance and Stamina
Great aim/hand-eye coordination
Agility
Dexterity/Steadiest of Hands

Weaknesses:
Communication
Close-Combat
Physical strength
Slow to take action

Powers:
(Still not very strong)

Pet(s):
Appearance:
Black fur, 130 lbs
Name: Lurch
Species: Neapolitan Mastiff
Abilities: None

Other:
Wears a necklace she found in her mother’s jewelry box as a kid. Her mother let her keep it because it supposedly belonged to her father.

Approved!

Reactions: SoleStride

I know I'm not mentally ill, cause I can't fix it.
Name: Emily
Nickname: Em
Age and date of birth: 17. Nov. 25 2003
Sexuality: Pansexual & Poly

Godly Parent: Dionysus
Mortal Parent(s): Mary Richardson
Sibling(s): N/A-(human side) ???-(Godly side)

Height and build: 5'10"
Weight: 175lbs

Appearance:
Emily has a lithe build with strong muscles. She has been living at camp for seven years so she has earned those muscles the tough way. Despite trying to grow her hair long when she was younger she has found it to be more comfortable wearing it short. She likes to dye if fun colors, but usually waits for Marco to be at camp to do that. Some of her features have a clear masculine hint, but she carries herself more feminine.

Personality:
Emily is a bright ray of sunshine. She can be friendly and caring for those she has decided are her friends. She is silly and enjoys gentle pranks. But she can fierce and takes after her father in being petty when she is slighted. Emily is of course Dyslexic and has ADHD.

If someone wants a drink and someone to talk to she is the girl to go to. She always has a stash of alcohol, and is very good at listening to people’s issues and helping them discover ways to fix it. She prefers to ask them questions to get to the correct plan of action rather than just telling them what to do.

Fatal Flaw: Being petty.

Fears:
  • Being forced to present as male
  • Failing in a quest
  • Something happening to Marco

• Parties
  • Being dramatic
  • Music
  • Plants
  • Milo (the sugar glider)
  • RPing

Dislikes:
  • Being misgendered
  • Highly Religious people
  • Being at a party and her father being weird
  • Aphids
  • People learning she likes to role play and then making fun of her for it
  • Anyone on her mom's side of the family

History:
Emily was born Joseph Richardson in New Orleans, Louisiana to Mary Richardson. Mary was a party girl in her youth and had Emily at 18, nine months after a wild Mardi Gras. Mary, however, didn't quite understand who Dionysus was, and now that she had a child she needed support from her parents.

Mary's parents were very religious. They took Mary's wrongdoing out on Emily, and as Emily realized who she really was things got worse.

At eight (almost nine) years old Emily left. Chased by literal and figurative monsters. She was able to manipulate plants to keep herself safe. Emily made significant progress, not even knowing where she was going, but something told her to head to New York. In 2012, a now ten-year-old, Emily met a Satyr in New Jersey and with their help made it the rest of the way to camp.

At camp, she crossed the border, but wasn't claimed immediately. The Satyr led her to the big house where Mr. D looked at her and gave a knowing smile. She was claimed then, a cluster of grapes appearing over her head. After that, he treated her as he did every other camper. She took on tasks of helping the plants grow and started training.

She has done two quests, both minor and useless. Just lip-service to the questing business. She has left camp a few times for other reasons.

She just finished getting her GED and is considering colleges, especially ones known for their psych department. Emily is afraid to leave camp as she hasn't been gone from camp for more than a few days at a time since she was ten. She has a few online college credits though, and probably will continue taking online courses as long as she can.

Theme Song
Jimmy eat world - The middle [youtube]

Weapons/Items
Name of Weapon or Item: Shield Dubán

Description: A black shield, usually it sits as a charm on Emily’s necklace. But with the name of the shield she can summon it to her hand.

Appearance:
0494306282ad60be13edeb474704fe43.jpg

Name of Weapon or Item: Avertas

Description: A simplistic celestial bronze weapon. It has two forms. A longsword and a spear. Also a charm on her necklace that she can say the name of to summon. If she says the name again it will switch forms.

Appearance:
Long sword
Spear

Skills:
  • Botany
  • Science of fermentation
  • Greek History
  • Street smarts
  • Needle felting
  • Psychology
Combat Skills:
  • Spear
  • Longsword
  • Sucks at hand-to-hand

Abilities:
  • Emily is good at knowing when someone is feinting/lying

Weaknesses:
  • “reluctant hero” - Emily doesn’t want to be a hero, she wants to be normal but she is not afraid to take advantage of what she can

Powers:
  • Madness - cure or cause it. Easiest for her against mortals. Some creatures are immune to it. Curing is as a general rule easier than causing madness. A creature with madness curse can contest the madness
  • Chlorokinesis - control over plants

Pet(s): N/A. But helps with Milo

Other:
Tattoo of a watercolor strawberry on her hip.
Speaks Louisiana French

Good to Go!

Appearance:

Personality:

Fatal Flaw:

Fears:

Dislikes:

History:

Theme song:
Default/Mindless Elatan

True Theme

Bláth liath

Gáe Dearg

Panoply of War:

Skills:
+ Avid Reader
+ Motivational Speaker of the subpar kind
+ Violin player . . . but he always breaks them at the end

Abilities:
+ADHD
+ Excellent Weapon work: this is evident when he wields a spear and sword whom he feels is like an extension of his arm.
+Impressive Hand to Hand techniques: Knows a few moves and wrestling moves
+ Impressive Endurance: Can still walk and fight even when taking a medium beatdown or wounded and by his words, "I can do this all day!"

Weakness:
+The Temptation to give in to his bloodlust and battle-rage, every battle he enters be it in training or real further increases the difficultly of holding his rage, making him distracted in battle of which his enemy can take advantage of, as Elatan would mentally hold back his blood heritage.

+Pathetically weak when wielding long-range weapons, he actively avoids bow and arrows as he sucks at them so bad that even those who are bad at Archery or long-range would say "Wow, I'm glad I'm not him."

+Too trusting and friendly even to enemies, making him take fight less seriously - Seriously, he would try to talk with the opponent like they were old friends or something, this would really bite him in the ass because doing so lower his guard.

+Cloudy haze - Cloudy haze is the result of him rejecting his heritage as a Son of War, since he resisted the song of battle all children of Ares cherish it will hinder his participation in battle, connected to the 'Temptation', Cloudy haze makes Elatan's vision hazy and he will get dizzy as the battle drags on, this will also drastically decrease his combat agility and strength as he will feel weak as the battle continues.

+ Underestimation - while not out of character for the humble Elatan, He still has his moments where he underestimates his opponents and thinks he will come out the victor.

Powers:
Telumkinesis: Being a child of Ares would make him an expert in all weapon usage and he may even have some degree of magical control over them (Like having them fling to him like magnates). Elatan is shown to be skilled in wielding a spear and sword. He also has the ability to summon small amounts (2-10 max) to his side at will and can have be thrown as projectiles to act as compensation for his pathetic skills in long range weaponry, using this ability however we give him headaches and using it to fullest extent will make him bleed internally, this is because he rejects his heritage.

+Enhanced Strength

+Enhanced Agility

Pet(s):
Rhongo
Abilities:
Understands Human commands and speech
Is fiercely loyal to Elatan but also has a knack for eating his hair.

Extra: He can speak limited and sometimes incorrect Irish
Just note that enhanced strength and agility will make him like Captain America strength and such, sound good? Otherwise accepted!

@Jason Targaryen Fine by me, I also love to think of him as a Captain America esque figure hahaha.